The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shock glyph or weapon damage glyph

pteam
pteam
✭✭✭
Wondering if a shock glyph or weapon damage glyph would be better on a magblade for front bar. Shock glyph does dps and concussion and minor vulnerability (increase damage taken by 8%) where weapon damage buffs all damage

Current setup:
Vma infused flame staff - flame enchant
Acuity infused flame staff - glyph ??

5 pc master architect
5 pc mechanical acuity
1 domihaus

Which will perform better on solo skeleton and trials? I’m on console so I don’t have combat metrics. Ty
The Flawless Conqueror
Xbox NA - its pteam

Completed vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF HM - vCR +1 - vMA Flawless 585k - vAS +2 HM
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Usually on a Magicka build you want to run a Weapon damage glyph back bar and a damage glyph front bar.

This is because the weapon damage glyph is going to carry over after bar swapping, while you are making full use of the procs of the glyph on the front bar.

Your mileage may vary with infused and nirnhoned thought.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Backbar in this case refers to the msa staff bar, since elemental blockade can also proc your frontbar glyph ;)
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It really depends on how good you are at light attack weaving on your back bar, as weapon damage enchant only procs off of a light or heavy attack. I am terrible at it, so I just run fire enchant on one bar and lightning on the other.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited.
    Sry i mistook that with something else...
    Edited by Checkmath on March 31, 2018 4:18PM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Weapon damage enchant on back and shock/fire on front.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    The glyph also procs from skills, so destro skills help out keeping glyph uptime up.

Weapon damage enchant only procs on light or heavy attacks. Not skill useage.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The glyph also procs from skills, so destro skills help out keeping glyph uptime up.

Correct, which you should be weaving in.

I went a different route, damage glyph front bar, Magicka resource poison back bar.

I get too many immortal heal-bots out there, and my class has no access to defile.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

I went a different route, damage glyph front bar, Magicka resource poison back bar.

I get too many immortal heal-bots out there, and my class has no access to defile.

i am aware should but i am a bad kid and i get more dps out of 2 damage glyphs.
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

This thread is PvE oriented, though.
    Kiss the chaos.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Weapon skills do proc enchants, even if you cast blockade from the back bar with weapon dmg enchant it will proc while you are on your front bar.

Usually magicka builds do not use blockade as last back bar DoT because the bar swap cancel can make it count as front bar skill. So it wont proc the vMA effect and weapon dmg enchant.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Weapon skills do proc enchants, even if you cast blockade from the back bar with weapon dmg enchant it will proc while you are on your front bar.

Usually magicka builds do not use blockade as last back bar DoT because the bar swap cancel can make it count as front bar skill. So it wont proc the vMA effect and weapon dmg enchant.

? Uhh yes people do. You light attack weave backbar it procs spell dmg enchant, barswap cancel wall and continue rotation on front.
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This glyph, http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Glyph_of_Weapon_Damage, does not proc from wal of elements. The glyph only procs from a light or heavy attack. Test it out.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Horowonnoe wrote: »

? Uhh yes people do. You light attack weave backbar it procs spell dmg enchant, barswap cancel wall and continue rotation on front.

Alcast has a video on that particular question.
    My explanation:
    WoE has INSTANT travel, despite the animation. Force Pulse, on the other hand, does have a slight travel time. So WoE can be barswapped, as it applies instantly, so BEFORE the barswap. Force Pulse (important for Asylum staff) does NOT proc the staff effect if cancelled, thanks to the travel time. Which is why you see the first DoT on front bar with Asylum builds.

Weapon skills like Force Pulse, WoE and Reach are supposed to proc enchants. If there is an exception, that might be a bug. I shall test later.

You typically want Berserker glyph on back and shock or fire on front. However, if you spend a lot of time on the backbar, another elemental glyph can outperform the Berserker. It's not the case with most builds you find often, Alcast's, for example.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recommend flame glyph on the Acuity staff and spell damage glyph on the VMA staff. Shock looks good on a dummy, since it adds a lot of Minor Vulnerability uptime, but you shouldn't need this in a trial group with a couple of sorcs.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd go weapon damage on back, damage glyph on front. Weapon damage on front is just a waste