The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade, tears everywhere.

ErMurazor
ErMurazor
✭✭✭✭✭
Nightblades havent gott a buff for ages. Nerfs last year as I recall:

Incap cost increase
10% critdamage passive removed
Fear nerf
Siph attacks nerf.

Suddenly ppl scream their lungs out that NBs are OP.

What changed the last months?

I'll tell ya. Cloak and Shadow Image actually got fixed after being broken and miats crutch addon got nerfed. Thats about it.

I cant even recall the last time stamblades got a buff. Its been nerf after nerf every dlc.
Edited by ErMurazor on March 28, 2018 10:52AM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yes, Relentless/Merciless retaining their stacks was not a buff.
    Shadow Image telling you when you're out of range, is not a buff.
    Turning about 4-5 undodgeable abilities that were previously a strong counter to rolly-polly stamblades into dodgeable ones or nerfing Soul Assault, was not an indirect buff.

All the other classes are getting buff after buff and NBs getting all nerfs.. It's a cospiracy I tell ya!
    Complotto.jpg

Edited by Maulkin on March 28, 2018 12:59PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades also profit a lot from the offbalance changes made this patch. As nb you can set enemies offbalance very easely, which helps out your sustain with heavy attacks.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you forget the nerf to the gapcloser!
    True other gapcloser got it too, but sorcs can still float around, nothing changed here!
    and we got the harikari-heal, which is good for nothing!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel is it possible to show some love for the nightblade-class!
    it is about time!
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they're mostly fine as they are. I just think the befoul CP is way too strong. That's the biggest issue.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worthy to note:

- Incap was the cheapest ultimate in the game at 50 ultimate and between Catalyst and Combat Frenzy almost a spammable ability.
    - The passive that increases critical damage done by 10% is still there (Hemmorhage). The bonus damage from attacking from stealth was removed - for everyone though.
    - Mass Hysteria only CCs 2 targets now instead of 3, but it is still the only non-ultimate AoE hard CC in the game (and very buggy to the benefit of the NB often). Besides, the new trap fear together with a working shade is arguably a buff if you believe NBs like @DDuke and others.
    - Siphoning Strikes was nerfed, but regeneration related skills took a hit for every class (Repentance, Helping Hands, Battle Roar, Conversion) and according to Raid NBs the ability still allows them to sustain a light attack rotation in PvE and is solid in PvP. NB Tanks got shafted though.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been trying to figure it out as well, I just guessed it was our time to have people cry about everything until a token change is made.

Most of the time complaints from PvP comes down to the fact people refuse to change their "unstoppable build" to counter Nightblades or being mad they can't get a kill because the Nightblade got away.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I've been trying to figure it out as well, I just guessed it was our time to have people cry about everything until a token change is made.

Most of the time complaints from PvP comes down to the fact people refuse to change their "unstoppable build" to counter Nightblades or being mad they can't get a kill because the Nightblade got away.

You mustn't have tried that hard, it's all in the patch notes
    EU | PC | AD
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

Is that what the mystery 70mb was, a Nightblade buff? :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that what the mystery 70mb was, a Nightblade buff? :tongue:

Yeah I'm pretty sure they are to blame for the UI errors too.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Worthy to note:

- Incap was the cheapest ultimate in the game at 50 ultimate and between Catalyst and Combat Frenzy almost a spammable ability.
    - The passive that increases critical damage done by 10% is still there (Hemmorhage). The bonus damage from attacking from stealth was removed - for everyone though.
    - Mass Hysteria only CCs 2 targets now instead of 3, but it is still the only non-ultimate AoE hard CC in the game (and very buggy to the benefit of the NB often). Besides, the new trap fear together with a working shade is arguably a buff if you believe NBs like @DDuke and others.
    - Siphoning Strikes was nerfed, but regeneration related skills took a hit for every class (Repentance, Helping Hands, Battle Roar, Conversion) and according to Raid NBs the ability still allows them to sustain a light attack rotation in PvE and is solid in PvP. NB Tanks got shafted though.

-Incap is nice in PvP if solo, nothing else. It means nothing in PVE.
    -Fear maybe something in PvP, in PVE it is nothing. In PvP-cyrodil it is due to lags mostly useless.
    -while siphoning no longer works as once concepted, I now run WW-ulti backbar, and 1-2 jewelry enchants (situation dependend), so yeah you can work around it.
    The point by OP is that the class didn´t get any love the last years, and it is about time we get something!
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »

Erm...ever heard of Master Architect/War Machine and that faboulus Major Slayer buff?
    -Fear maybe something in PvP, in PVE it is nothing. In PvP-cyrodil it is due to lags mostly useless.

In group setting you don't need CC because you have a tank. Solo PvE and PvP Fear is the only non-ultimate AoE hard CC in game. Lag makes Mass hysteria even better most times, not worse.
    -while siphoning no longer works as once concepted, I now run WW-ulti backbar, and 1-2 jewelry enchants (situation dependend), so yeah you can work around it.

If you compare it with what happened to Repentance, Siphoning/Leeching is still an awesome skill.
    The point by OP is that the class didn´t get any love the last years, and it is about time we get something!

The point is that it's misleading to state NBs didn't get buffs, and even if there weren't any, the nerfs have been comparatively small relative to other classes.

Edited by Feanor on March 28, 2018 12:55PM
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to small to be honest,
    but yeah I can live with it ;)
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NB, at least stamNB has been top 3 for a VERY long time. Ever since the proc meta started. But due to their bugs they were never public enemy no.1. That was sorcs premorrow when 3x shield spam+pet, and great sustain. Then stamden, because birdspam (everything else you can deal with) now NB is in the limelight because:

Cloak is an overtuned ability. Don't get me wrong, it should stay similar and not be decimated to the level of wings. Cloak base is the best balanced defense, having decent counters,* and good scaling vs numbers and plays to skill well. It was checked by being broken where it shouldn't be. They fixed it, nerfed everyone elses defenses, and it became too strong. Compare to any other ability and it outdoes it. Scales better, mitigates better, escapes better.

Merciless got some buffs, having the channel removed, multiple uses per cast, ticks carrying over.

Counters got nerfed, dodge was overly weak, and got balanced, but now it is pretty strong, combined with cloak on a stamblade, their defense has far exceeded any other class.

*A while back, detect pots got nerfed, both range and duration too. So if you aren't an NB yourself, you are at a disadvantage.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ak_pvp

Just a quick note I loved that line in your signature:
    Magplar/Healthplar/Craftplar - Crafting

Yes there are classes way worse off :)
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worthy to note:

- Mass Hysteria only CCs 2 targets now instead of 3, but it is still the only non-ultimate AoE hard CC in the game (and very buggy to the benefit of the NB often). Besides, the new trap fear together with a working shade is arguably a buff if you believe NBs like @DDuke and others

The best AoE hard CC in the game is streak, hands down.

• Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streak can be blocked and doesnt apply minor maim tough
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    Worthy to note:

LOL just LOL.

This is one of the good examples why forum discussions sucks. People who have no idea what they're talking about can come and share their "knowledge" thinking about themselves as equals to other players with much more understanding of the game. No offence @Azyurya but almost every point You mentioned was wrong or half-true. @Feanor maked good explanations to Your points You should really accept all of them.
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    We removed a few comments that were directly baiting other members. Friendly reminder to stay on topic with your posts. We don’t expect everyone to always agree, however forum posts need to stay constructive towards the conversation and not derail into baiting or personal insults. If you have any questions about our forum rules, please read through them here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »
    Worthy to note:

- Mass Hysteria only CCs 2 targets now instead of 3, but it is still the only non-ultimate AoE hard CC in the game (and very buggy to the benefit of the NB often). Besides, the new trap fear together with a working shade is arguably a buff if you believe NBs like @DDuke and others

The best AoE hard CC in the game is streak, hands down.

Not really. The stun is only 1.5 seconds (instead of Mass Hysteria's 4 seconds!) and takes just as long as the streak animation to finish.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This x100000. And don't forget that since Miats was changed, everyone is having to learn to defend properly agai - like you say: those unstoppable builds actually have to pay attention and be wary. Which EVERY class in Cyrodiil should have too.

Also, it funny that the only QQing seems to be here on the forums. In game, EVERYONE is a threat and so everyone just gets on with it.
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    A buff I would like to see to NB's is this. A heavy attack, especially duel wield heavy attacks, but I think all heavy attacks, should count as two "ticks" towards merciless resolve and relentless focus. Also siphoning strikes should get double resources from heavy attacks. That would give a nice specific class buff for the NB's. Be really nice buff for NB tanky builds in particular, buff all NB's would receive a nice class specific buff. Cheers.
    Edited by rimmidimdim on March 28, 2018 3:59PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A buff I would like to see to NB's is this. A heavy attack, especially duel wield heavy attacks, but I think all heavy attacks, should count as two "ticks" towards merciless resolve and relentless focus. Also siphoning strikes should get double resources from heavy attacks. That would give a nice specific class buff for the NB's. Be really nice buff for NB tanky builds in particular, buff all NB's would receive a nice class specific buff. Cheers.

That was the state when the ability was on the PTS, and what you propose as buff was identified as a bug by ZOS. Essentially you would increase Relentless/Merciless uptime quite drastically. That’s not going to happen unless you reduce the damage the skill does.

Also buffing NB sustain could only be done if the other classes get similar sustain relief. Not something I see happening either.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    are the NB nerf posters the equivalent of Russian election trolls?
    Edited by QuebraRegra on March 28, 2018 4:07PM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, because obviously a Grim Focus proc on every 3rd rotation is exactly the kind of DPS buff the strongest DPS class needs right now...
    EU | PC | AD
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭

That was the state when the ability was on the PTS, and what you propose as buff was identified as a bug by ZOS. Essentially you would increase Relentless/Merciless uptime quite drastically. That’s not going to happen unless you reduce the damage the skill does.

Also buffing NB sustain could only be done if the other classes get similar sustain relief. Not something I see happening either.

Well, I would not use the term drastically, I mean heavy attacks are twice as long as light attacks, same goes for the sustain, twice as long, don't think it would be a huge advantage. Plus in PvP it's more likely to be interrupted during a heavy attack than light attacks. Making heavy attacks more risk. Would be good for NB tanks.
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, because obviously a Grim Focus proc on every 3rd rotation is exactly the kind of DPS buff the strongest DPS class needs right now...

Again, yes you can argue third rotation but would still be very similar dps.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Again, yes you can argue third rotation but would still be very similar dps.

Wow you just have no clue what so ever...
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Every third rotation of what? Assuming you’re talking about pvp here, since we’re in the pvp forums.

But yeah double merciless on heavy attacks would be stupid and would benefit stam tremendously, mag heavies are clunky af.
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    are the NB nerf posters the equivalent of Russian election trolls?

Ex-Miats users.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErMurazor wrote: »
    Nightblades havent gott a buff for ages. Nerfs last year as I recall:

Incap cost increase
    10% critdamage passive removed
    Fear nerf
    Siph attacks nerf.

Suddenly ppl scream their lungs out that NBs are OP.

What changed the last months?

I'll tell ya. Cloak and Shadow Image actually got fixed after being broken and miats crutch addon got nerfed. Thats about it.

I cant even recall the last time stamblades got a buff.
    Its been nerf after nerf every dlc.

Before: Fossilize -> flame lash -> (stamblade CC breaks and dodge rolls) -> power lash (hit) -> dead stamblade.

Now: Fossilize -> flame lash -> (stamblade CC breaks and dodge rolls) -> power lash (dodged) -> (stamblade cloaks and emerges at full HP a couple seconds later).
    Edited by Sharee on March 28, 2018 8:26PM