The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

does the warden class have an execute?

• Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I thought the bear was meant to work like an execute?

It does. The ultimate doubles in damage when the enemy is under 25%, no scaling. On my bow/bow warden, I have seen 60k+ hits with it, in 4 man dungeons, easily the hardest hitting single hit ultimate in the game.

Zos has explained that they do not want wardens to have a non ultimate class based execute. Just like wardens don't have a reliable stun in class. Sure deep fissure has a single stun but it is a 3 second delay. This was from one of the ESO lives from when they were promoting the warden.
    Thanks, I thought it had one with the bear but wanted to check as I hate giving misinformation out to others if I reply to things.

On my PVP tank I’ve hit people for 30k (instant death). In PVE I’ve seen it go over 40k—again not on a dps toon. It can Crit and it’s quite powerful as is.

There are some issues with it not connecting at times though.
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The bear, but seriously, why the bear is the execute is silly. Especially since it takes two slots.
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the bear was meant to work like an execute?

It does. The ultimate doubles in damage when the enemy is under 25%, no scaling. On my bow/bow warden, I have seen 60k+ hits with it, in 4 man dungeons, easily the hardest hitting single hit ultimate in the game.

Zos has explained that they do not want wardens to have a non ultimate class based execute. Just like wardens don't have a reliable stun in class. Sure deep fissure has a single stun but it is a 3 second delay. This was from one of the ESO lives from when they were promoting the warden.
    Thanks, I thought it had one with the bear but wanted to check as I hate giving misinformation out to others if I reply to things.

The problem is , to be effective you have to have the bear on both bars, otherwise if you swap to use a buff or something the thing gets unsummoned, which is awful design. It should be like the atronach ultimate, and have a certain amount of time it is available .
    Options
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. And they do the least damage of any class. They're a joke.

C5zUNGZ.jpg

The bear is his execute and the class is not in a bad spot. It could be better, I agree, but good numbers are possible.
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
    Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grabmoore wrote: »

C5zUNGZ.jpg

The bear is his execute and the class is not in a bad spot. It could be better, I agree, but good numbers are possible.

Lol! A 112k hit from the bear. Wall tick of 10k, a single freaking tick, 10k!

Winters revenge hitting for almost 10k! as well. All the people saying it does not do enough dps, look at that parse.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on March 28, 2018 11:46AM
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

C5zUNGZ.jpg

Winters revenge hitting for almost 10k! as well. All the people saying it does not do enough dps, look at that parse.

Yeah look at that parse. And then imagine a MagSorc or MagNB with the same gear, the same buffs and under the same circumstances and the Magden would be 10-20% behind them. That's the problem.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you both, however just wanted to show that warden can pull deeps, too. Isn't it enough or would you really change that warden with a sorc for extra 5% damage?
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you both, however just wanted to show that warden can pull deeps, too. Isn't it enough or would you really change that warden with a sorc for extra 5% damage?

That's an amazing parse from a top class MagWarden. And if you like MagWarden, play it. I just wish the difference wouldn't be as high as it is at the moment.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even with the bear ultimate, magicka warden still parses lower than any other class. And the bear is not a viable ult in most vet content. In any boss fight with AOE damage, it dies constantly, which procs the 1.5 second respawn animation every few seconds (try using the bear on the final boss in Falkreath Hold, for example). Additionally, the bear is a single target ultimate, which greatly reduces the viability of magicka warden in group content. The entire point of bringing a magicka class with you into a vet dungeon or trial is to gain AOE damage. If you wanted single target damage, you would bring a stamina class. If you swap out the bear with destro ultimate, you lose 15% of your DPS, and it was already the lowest DPS in the game before that. Any way you look at it, warden is in a terrible spot right now in terms of DPS.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on March 28, 2018 12:37PM
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

C5zUNGZ.jpg

That's still a lower parse than what any other magicka class would get.
    Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

C5zUNGZ.jpg

That's still a lower parse than what any other magicka class would get.

Bla bla bla, I get it, I didn't compare it to anything else, the fact that you can hit 70k dps with wardens is fine, 99.9% of the people that play this game will never, ever get that dps, on any class, no matter what. You guys are arguing about stuff that does not matter in 97% of the game and to 99% of the player base. You can complete all content as a magden. You can complete all content as a stamden. Literally the only time you need 80k dps is when you are going for time vet trials. All classes can do 30k, comfortably, and that is more then enough to make all vet content ezpz.

And I am still in awe at 112k single hit. That is just discusting.
    Options
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They have to rely on weapon skills for an execute.
    Bear ultimate is kinda execute-ish, but it can't be spammed. Still, deals increased damage to low-health targets. If it can land a hit.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    They have to rely on weapon skills for an execute.
    Bear ultimate is kinda execute-ish, but it can't be spammed. Still, deals increased damage to low-health targets. If it can land a hit.

There is no Magicka execute outside of class skills. That's a major design flaw imho. Stamina gets 3 executes from weapon skills alone.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scythiss wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a *** question but I haven't played since beginning of thieves guild, it has been 2 years I think. I could not find any information online about the warden having an execute. Anyways does the warden have an execute ability?

Warden class doesnt have execute or CC like nightblades. Thats why NB is so overpowered and borken . Warden has only buffs. You need spend time to cast in middle of the fight. They are not passives.
    You have to rely on weapon skills for CC & execute . Wardens completely locked on 2H for CC and execute. There is no instant CC for warden. Also there is no defile. Always has to rely on poison to get proc.

Noob night blades wont agree and want everything to be nerfed , so that they can enjoy broken class with 75K dps with all the debuffs.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on March 28, 2018 1:22PM
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If players are tunnel-visioned enough into thinking that PvE DPS is the only role in the game, then that might be an accurate statement.

But, for all other roles in PvE or PvP they’re fine. Heals, Tank, PvP damage, and support roles ... Wardens are quite valued in those areas.

Useless as PvP DPS as well since cliff racer nerfs. Not as good as templar and DK tank/healer. Joke class.

Someone is misinformed.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    warden has utility. Players in mmos have never understood this because they are incapable of thinking outside the box.

i dont know how many times i have gone into a vet dungeon and we wipe all the time. I take off a couple skills and replace them with defensive skills like leeching vines, the healing ultimate and then we win easy.

that is what warden brings
    Options
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden class doesnt have execute or CC like nightblades. Thats why NB is so overpowered and borken . Warden has only buffs.

Um, no, that means Wardens are broken and underperforming. Executes and ccs have been part of the game all along, Just because ZOS couldn't work in a new class that completes with NBs at what NBs were designed to do doesn't mean NB are OP and broken. It just means NB are good and ZOS created a new class without creating a proper niche for it.

I see this nonsense way too often in this forum. "X does something well while Y in underperforming, so X in OP and needs a nerf to make everything equally bad" seems to be the prevailing logic around here.. Do you people really want ZOS to nerf everything until combat is pure garbage or what? What is wrong with you people? Seriously, this is why outside of gaming, people sneer at gamers because y'all are like this.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry if this is a *** question but I haven't played since beginning of thieves guild, it has been 2 years I think. I could not find any information online about the warden having an execute. Anyways does the warden have an execute ability?

Warden class doesnt have execute or CC like nightblades. Thats why NB is so overpowered and borken . Warden has only buffs. You need spend time to cast in middle of the fight. They are not passives.
    You have to rely on weapon skills for CC & execute . Wardens completely locked on 2H for CC and execute. There is no instant CC for warden. Also there is no defile. Always has to rely on poison to get proc.

Noob night blades wont agree and want everything to be nerfed , so that they can enjoy broken class with 75K dps with all the debuffs.

The sad part is, wardens don't even have buffs! Their passives are the worst in the game. Their DPS skills also give no buffs (they need to slot support skills to get buffs).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on March 28, 2018 1:46PM
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

As if NBs are the only class with CC and an execute.

Learn to play pal.
    Options
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Learn to play pal.

You forgot defile & critical heal. All classes can do it with 75K dps.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on March 28, 2018 1:58PM
    Options
  • JackSmirkingRevenge
    @MLGProPlayer Im starting to think you hate Wardens? Every other post in this thread is yours venting about them....
    Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do they have a cc lockdown like the other classes?

One of the best CCs in PVP! That Permafrost will mess you up in AVA..
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If players are tunnel-visioned enough into thinking that PvE DPS is the only role in the game, then that might be an accurate statement.

But, for all other roles in PvE or PvP they’re fine. Heals, Tank, PvP damage, and support roles ... Wardens are quite valued in those areas.

Useless as PvP DPS as well since cliff racer nerfs. Not as good as templar and DK tank/healer. Joke class.

I can see you're one to go to for engaging conversation at parties.. (cringing..)

Dps is fine as any other class in PvE or PvP. I have both mag and stam warden. The stamden has been tearing up peeps in PvP and adds/mobs/bosses in PvE alike (particularly sololy.) The mag one also does great in PvE. As in any class, when you combine its class abilities with other weapon skill lines, the toon becomes more brutal.
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Learn to play pal.

You forgot defile & critical heal. All classes can do it with 75K dps.

Alright show me YOUR 75k parse
    Options
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes , its the Bear Ultimate. 100% additional damage to targets under 25% health. My stam ex crit for 50k+ my mag for 80k+

Stam Wardens are pushing 50k, behind only StamNB and maybe Stam DK.
    Mag Warden is 35k, same as MagDK and Magplar
    Both those are solo with trials set ups on.
    Time to L2P the Warden
    Those that call the warden weak in pve have not been paying attention. People are posting dps-parses on discords of doing 66k single target on the Mantikora with their stamwarden. Even though other classes could go a few k single target damage higher then the stamwarden, they are not weak. Magwarden's dps is slowly going up as well as people start to learn the class, although it is still weaker (more so then stamwarden).
    I must say though, that I wonder how much their dps would drop if they use dawnbreaker and ballista, instead of the bear.
    Their only skill with an execute mechanic is the bear-ultimate, under 15% it starts to work I think

Bear adds like 3-5k DPS. They're a joke without it (at least a bigger joke than with it). Magicka warden can't even match templar/DK parses, let alone sorc/NB. Stam does alright since all stamina classes use the same abilities, but its passives are still pretty bad and it doesn't bring anything to the table over other stamina classes.

War Machine is no joke, neither is access to a 50k instant burst.
    The Bear is far better done than any other pet. Even AA chain lighting isn't that big an issue. While in PvP he is slow and clunky, he is still a CC and instant death to anyone at half health who gets to close. In Cryodiil still base damage at 10k+
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    The bear has a pretty massive execute and at 75 ultimate can be used frequently. Problem with Wardens is that so many people have opinions and so few have actually played the class. There’s a great 50k max magika dual wield build video on the net. On the PVP side, a magden or stamden in the hands of a capable player is unkillable in 1v1/ 1VX too.

The class has been thoroughly tested, and it's a disaster in PvE. Even the best players in the world can only hit paltry DPS numbers with magicka warden (while stamina DPS is good by virtue of using the same skills as every other stamina class, it's not the best). There is a reason why you see almost no wardens on trials leader boards (there are typically between 0 and 3 wardens in the top-100, while there are 20+ of every other class). Their DPS is awful while their tanking and healing are not as good as DK/templar.

Yeah sure because Bowden aren't hitting 35k... nothing new there... Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unquie at BiS level, that's impressive.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

Options
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx wrote: »
    warden has utility. Players in mmos have never understood this because they are incapable of thinking outside the box.

i dont know how many times i have gone into a vet dungeon and we wipe all the time. I take off a couple skills and replace them with defensive skills like leeching vines, the healing ultimate and then we win easy.

that is what warden brings

Very true. Bow back bar standard set up. Vigor, Soothing, Lotus, Netch, Forest on the front and now I'm a DPS/Healer
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeffdkc wrote: »
    @MLGProPlayer Im starting to think you hate Wardens? Every other post in this thread is yours venting about them....

They're my main class. I want them to be good, which they currently are not. ZOS has ignored the class ever since they released them, despite the plethora of glaring issues. They got their money from selling the class, now they don't care what happens to it.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on March 28, 2018 7:47PM
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No and neither do DK's.

I would have preferred Templar kept its CC and didn't have an execute either.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course it does shalk 1,2,3, dead.... see
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About PvE: anyone whom needs 4 players to complete non-dlc vet dungeons is not a good player

To those that say warden is fine:

It is subpar in both PvE and PvP to other classes for main game content: i.e. DD

To those that say it's fine because it's good at other things than dps: you realize the game is centered around dps and being subpar in this category really is the only one that matters.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options