The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

does the warden class have an execute?

Scythiss
Scythiss
Sorry if this is a *** question but I haven't played since beginning of thieves guild, it has been 2 years I think. I could not find any information online about the warden having an execute. Anyways does the warden have an execute ability?
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. And they do the least damage of any class. They're a joke.
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the Bear on use skill is some kind of execute. But I wouldn't place that in a line with Impale, Mage's Wrath or Radiant Destruction.

Basically DK and Warden are the only classes without an execute ability and MagDK and MagWarden the only specs that don't have access to any execute skill at all.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only execute they get is executioner from the 2h tree.
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If players are tunnel-visioned enough into thinking that PvE DPS is the only role in the game, then that might be an accurate statement.

But, for all other roles in PvE or PvP they’re fine. Heals, Tank, PvP damage, and support roles ... Wardens are quite valued in those areas.
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If players are tunnel-visioned enough into thinking that PvE DPS is the only role in the game, then that might be an accurate statement.

But, for all other roles in PvE or PvP they’re fine. Heals, Tank, PvP damage, and support roles ... Wardens are quite valued in those areas.

Useless as PvP DPS as well since cliff racer nerfs. Not as good as templar and DK tank/healer. Joke class.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on March 28, 2018 5:48AM
    Options
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can get some massive single target execute out of the bear, mine hit 42k in spindle clutch last night, but remember that’s on a boss with almost no health left, warden does less damage than other classes and especially in magic, but we counter that by being able to build charecters that are hugely tough. Certainly my warden will get a ham fisted lump like me through content the other classes struggle with by just out lasting the enemy, although sometimes I’m realy glad it’s a healer/dps combo as you will end up as the bears life support system lol
    Edited by Integral1900 on March 28, 2018 5:47AM
    Options
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    Those that call the warden weak in pve have not been paying attention. People are posting dps-parses on discords of doing 66k single target on the Mantikora with their stamwarden. Even though other classes could go a few k single target damage higher then the stamwarden, they are not weak. Magwarden's dps is slowly going up as well as people start to learn the class, although it is still weaker (more so then stamwarden).
    I must say though, that I wonder how much their dps would drop if they use dawnbreaker and ballista, instead of the bear.
    Their only skill with an execute mechanic is the bear-ultimate, under 15% it starts to work I think
    Options
  • Scythiss
    Scythiss
    Awwww the sound lame, was looking forward to playing a new class. Ahh well, hopefully the game has gotten better over the course of time I have been gone, although it was amazing before, just life happens sometimes lol.
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scythiss wrote: »
    Awwww the sound lame, was looking forward to playing a new class. Ahh well, hopefully the game has gotten better over the course of time I have been gone, although it was amazing before, just life happens sometimes lol.

The next expansion will be released in two months and the PTS is coming soon. Maybe classes get major reworks - I doubt it but it's possible.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those that call the warden weak in pve have not been paying attention. People are posting dps-parses on discords of doing 66k single target on the Mantikora with their stamwarden. Even though other classes could go a few k single target damage higher then the stamwarden, they are not weak. Magwarden's dps is slowly going up as well as people start to learn the class, although it is still weaker (more so then stamwarden).
    I must say though, that I wonder how much their dps would drop if they use dawnbreaker and ballista, instead of the bear.
    Their only skill with an execute mechanic is the bear-ultimate, under 15% it starts to work I think

Bear adds like 3-5k DPS. They're a joke without it (at least a bigger joke than with it). Magicka warden can't even match templar/DK parses, let alone sorc/NB. Stam does alright since all stamina classes use the same abilities, but its passives are still pretty bad and it doesn't bring anything to the table over other stamina classes.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on March 28, 2018 6:40AM
    Options
  • Scythiss
    Scythiss
    Thanks for the quick reply everybody.
    Options
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Useless as PvP DPS as well since cliff racer nerfs. Not as good as templar and DK tank/healer. Joke class.

Cliff Racer + Subtterrenean Assault + Dizzying Swing hitting at the same time will still kill most people and is easy to pull off.
    You can't dodge a Cliff Racer if you're in a CC or busy breaking free of it.

Also Templars literally make the worst tanks seeing as they are the only class without proper tools to regenerate stamina on a consistent basis while blocking.
    Options
  • TarrNokk
    TarrNokk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden is designed for healer and tank, so no class specific executioner is needed. But when you go on stamina with 2H or DW you can be a killing MACHINE with best k/d ratio .
    Options
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Warden can time a whole bunch of burst together. Shalks, birds and any other spamable can all hit at the same time. The delay on their hit can be useful...
    Options
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wardens are top support class in PvP atm. Expansive cloak, off heals, defile field, permafrost, snares...
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should probably have damage before having an execute. :D
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like DK, a Stam Warden gets an execute from any of the weapon lines - 2h, how and dw all have one. Mag wardens get nothing.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No execute, but still very good for pvp, 1 vs X specificaly
    Options
  • Captain8504
    Captain8504
    ✭✭✭
    Do they have a cc lockdown like the other classes?
    Options
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I consider shalks like an execute, since they hit as hard as Dawnbreaker
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the bear was meant to work like an execute?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden: Executioner/Reverse Slice from 2h or Wild Guardian from Animal Companions
    Magicka Warden: Eternal Guardian from Animal Companions
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden is a solid class. No execute however.
    Options
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run a mag warden through dungeons and have no complaints, sure there is no execute, but, the burst and aoe dmg are insane, single target ain't too shabby either!
    Example, bird hits around 22k+ and bugs hit around 20k.... where as my stam dk's uppercut is hitting around 24k+... so with the right build mag warden isn't that far off the pace.

Also I find my mag warden alot of fun to play, because it's more about timing than rotation, so much so I haven't used my sorcerer in months.!
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, sure ;)

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

It does. The ultimate doubles in damage when the enemy is under 25%, no scaling. On my bow/bow warden, I have seen 60k+ hits with it, in 4 man dungeons, easily the hardest hitting single hit ultimate in the game.

Zos has explained that they do not want wardens to have a non ultimate class based execute. Just like wardens don't have a reliable stun in class. Sure deep fissure has a single stun but it is a 3 second delay. This was from one of the ESO lives from when they were promoting the warden.
    Options
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The bear has a pretty massive execute and at 75 ultimate can be used frequently. Problem with Wardens is that so many people have opinions and so few have actually played the class. There’s a great 50k max magika dual wield build video on the net. On the PVP side, a magden or stamden in the hands of a capable player is unkillable in 1v1/ 1VX too.
    Options
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing that came out about jewelry crafting is a new trait that does extra damage against low health targets. Sounds like the mages may be able to do a execute
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

It does. The ultimate doubles in damage when the enemy is under 25%, no scaling. On my bow/bow warden, I have seen 60k+ hits with it, in 4 man dungeons, easily the hardest hitting single hit ultimate in the game.

Zos has explained that they do not want wardens to have a non ultimate class based execute. Just like wardens don't have a reliable stun in class. Sure deep fissure has a single stun but it is a 3 second delay. This was from one of the ESO lives from when they were promoting the warden.
    Thanks, I thought it had one with the bear but wanted to check as I hate giving misinformation out to others if I reply to things.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    The bear has a pretty massive execute and at 75 ultimate can be used frequently. Problem with Wardens is that so many people have opinions and so few have actually played the class. There’s a great 50k max magika dual wield build video on the net. On the PVP side, a magden or stamden in the hands of a capable player is unkillable in 1v1/ 1VX too.

The class has been thoroughly tested, and it's a disaster in PvE. Even the best players in the world can only hit paltry DPS numbers with magicka warden (while stamina DPS is good by virtue of using the same skills as every other stamina class, it's not the best). There is a reason why you see almost no wardens on trials leader boards (there are typically between 0 and 3 wardens in the top-100, while there are 20+ of every other class). Their DPS is awful while their tanking and healing are not as good as DK/templar.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on March 28, 2018 9:27AM
    Options