The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why is the Jester's Festival so much shorter this year?

• Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bit of all the below maybe:
    • They have other things planned around this time and squeezing it in.
    • The numbers on how many people interacted with quests etc last time did not warrant the same time frame.
    • Might of forgot/other things were more important in the schedule.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »
    Last year this event happened to coincide with April Fools. This year, it also coincides with April Fools.

It isn't ZOS's fault that the date of Easter changes dramatically from year to year.

Did you miss the fact that the event is a week shorter this year?

Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Last year this event happened to coincide with April Fools. This year, it also coincides with April Fools.

It isn't ZOS's fault that the date of Easter changes dramatically from year to year.

The event is literally a whole week shorter than last year. What about that do you not understand?

I did not miss it, nor is there something about that I don't understand. ZOS shortened the event. My guess is their reasonings have something to do with the Birthday event coming, or perhaps their data pointed to the fact that participation in this event petered off last year. I'm not privy to those reasons, and neither are you.

The main complaint in this thread seems to not be so much that it's shorter, but that it falls on what is, for some, a "holiday weekend". It isn't a holiday for everyone, and further, it's a "holiday" that moves around. ZOS can't control that. I personally don't see any issue with the length or timing of the event.

And newer players? I wasn't playing ESO this time last year (I started in October). Pretty disappointing us newer ones get to experience a shorter Jester's festival.
    Edited by LadyAstrum on March 28, 2018 8:07AM
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Pixel_Zealot
    Pixel_Zealot
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess it's safe to say the jester festival is a joke :o
    Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    It's absolutely mind-blowing that they have achievements locked behind an event and then run the event in a 4-day window on a holiday weekend. It's like they thought about it for 0 seconds.

There's always next year. If you aren't going to be around next year because you left the game, wouldn't matter just the same.

Last year it felt like there was double XP every month. Seemed a bit much.

Next year, at this rate, itll be 1 day.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    mb10 wrote: »
    Get that dubious camoran recipe in those 4 days is my biggest advice to any player.

You'll get fools trying to charge stupid and unfair amounts in a few months time for it

the recipes are not in the rewardlist on the homepage!!!!!

I would be incredibly pissed off if it wasnt.
  • Prospero_ESO
    Prospero_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anybody know if the Jesters crafting motif will be available ?
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    How do you get the dubious camoran recipe?

And is there anything else worth doing during the event (rather than leveling up)
    Edited by WhoSlappedThePie on March 28, 2018 12:09PM
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

And is there anything else worth doing during the event (rather than leveling up)

you have to do the 3 quests located in stonefalls, auridon, and glenumbra, after doing each quest you'll get a reward box that has a small chance for the recipe.
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭

you have to do the 3 quests located in stonefalls, auridon, and glenumbra, after doing each quest you'll get a reward box that has a small chance for the recipe.

OK, thanks :)
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not very friendly to make it only available over Easter weekend. I'm basically gonna miss it.
  • Menelaos
    Menelaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's absolutely mind-blowing that they have achievements locked behind an event and then run the event in a 4-day window on a holiday weekend. It's like they thought about it for 0 seconds.

That's because Zo$ thinks you are glued behind your flatscreen busily sucking in everything they throw at you, no matter how stupid it may look; including a weird festival over one of the iconic Christian and family holidays.

Ridiculou$
    ...und Gallileo dreht sich doch!
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's going to be so many banners :s
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue here is simple. A large amount of players want to HOARD the Dubious recipe and resell for a SMALL FORTUNE.
    Let's not pretend it's anything other then that. It's 3 quick quests that can be done in 15min. Not a lot of time needed to complete.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jazsper77 wrote: »
    The issue here is simple. A large amount of players want to HOARD the Dubious recipe and resell for a SMALL FORTUNE.
    Let's not pretend it's anything other then that. It's 3 quick quests that can be done in 15min. Not a lot of time needed to complete.

No it's more than that. I have quite a few friends who were all not playing during this event last year. They all need the recipe to learn. We were all going to do the quests and try and make sure they all ended up with a recipe for themselves. Now we only have 4 days to get everyone their recipe and someone will probably end up having to buy one for lots of gold. Your scenario didn't even take into account the players who don't yet know the recipe and want to get one without being price-gouged. This affects those players more than those who want to sell it

If anything, ZoS doing this will make the recipe even more rare and make the price go up even more.

This is about ZoS drastically shortening the length of one of their few events they do throughout the year and placing it during a weekend where the players want to travel and spend time with their family.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll not be able to play much of the event either due to Easter holidays and family stuff. Oh well, at least I have all the achievements and stuff from last year already.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Menelaos wrote: »

That's because Zo$ thinks you are glued behind your flatscreen busily sucking in everything they throw at you, no matter how stupid it may look; including a weird festival over one of the iconic Christian and family holidays.

Ridiculou$

exactly why they scheduled it for this time.
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get that dubious camoran recipe in those 4 days is my biggest advice to any player.

You'll get fools trying to charge stupid and unfair amounts in a few months time for it

it's like any other rare drop. worth what someone will pay for it.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    Due to serious health issues, I was not able to participate last year. This year the festival is only four days. Two of which are workdays and another is a holiday. Thursday, I will have a maximum of three hours of play time. Friday maybe four. I will get most of Saturday but Sunday I might not get any.

My opinion is that if it ends on Monday, it should have already started.

I was really looking forward to this but now I doubt I will be able to truly enjoy it.

There's only 3 daily quests here. Not like there's 8 hours of content.

But the recipe. 4 days means 12 boxes for anyone’s main if they can do it every day. For someone that can’t, maybe 6 boxes. For people with 1 - 3 total characters and scheduling issues, it’ll probably stay under 20 boxes. If you are a no lifer, there is plenty of time to get 96 or more boxes, but a lot of people will miss out on the big drops and achievements.

Welp, time to mark up my Dubious Cameron Throne recipe to 500k.... thanks Zos!!!
    I don't think the price would go up during the event where it drops, increasing supply.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

A high price is not stupid if it sells. It is smart.

I have no idea why you think it would be unfair. People should always price items for what they can get for them.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on March 29, 2018 2:05PM
  • SirrBacon
    SirrBacon
    Soul Shriven
    I assume the Anniversary event will start right after Jester's fest ends. So hopefully that will be an additional 2 weeks or so of bonus xp.
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't playing when the event ran last year as I was dealing with health and job hunting.

This year I did the event and managed to get everything. I wish the fireworks were a momento.

I only completed it because I didn't have holiday plans and spent pretty much my whole easter just playing the event. It took until either late Sunday or Monday before the Dubious Camoran Throne dropped. As such I only just managed it. If I had plans or was away I wouldn't have had any hope of completing in in the contained time.

That said it is over now so cannot be changed.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade