The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is the Jester's Festival so much shorter this year?

• Heka Cain
    Heka Cain
    ✭✭✭
    So that the dwarfs and midgets can have some fun too!
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I felt like with the amount of content last years event was a little long and although 4 days seems short it sounds like a step in the right direction. Short term always seems to get a better turn out, just like people are more likely to impulse spend on short term items in the store they are more likely to log in for the festival if it is a very limited time event.

Except that this time it overlaps with Easter and many people are spending most of that time with family, not a computer game.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    mb10 wrote: »
    Get that dubious camoran recipe in those 4 days is my biggest advice to any player.
    I still have two from last year, probably should have sold those some 6 months ago ...
    rolleyes.gif

I didn't really do much of last years event, buff I def need the dubious camoran recipe. How do you get it?
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Get that dubious camoran recipe in those 4 days is my biggest advice to any player.
    I still have two from last year, probably should have sold those some 6 months ago ...
    rolleyes.gif

I didn't really do much of last years event, buff I def need the dubious camoran recipe. How do you get it?

Do the three daily festival quests, earn jester box for each one, recipe might be one of the things inside.
    Edited by anadandy on March 27, 2018 6:54PM
  • thomas1970b16_ESO
    thomas1970b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think there is some anniversary event on the 4th.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    It's absolutely mind-blowing that they have achievements locked behind an event and then run the event in a 4-day window on a holiday weekend. It's like they thought about it for 0 seconds.

Pretty much this. Its running on the assumption that everyone already got everything.....which is just nonsense.
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last year this event happened to coincide with April Fools. This year, it also coincides with April Fools.

It isn't ZOS's fault that the date of Easter changes dramatically from year to year.
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last year this event happened to coincide with April Fools. This year, it also coincides with April Fools.

It isn't ZOS's fault that the date of Easter changes dramatically from year to year.

Did you miss the fact that the event is a week shorter this year?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The event is literally a whole week shorter than last year. What about that do you not understand?
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »

The event is literally a whole week shorter than last year. What about that do you not understand?

I did not miss it, nor is there something about that I don't understand. ZOS shortened the event. My guess is their reasonings have something to do with the Birthday event coming, or perhaps their data pointed to the fact that participation in this event petered off last year. I'm not privy to those reasons, and neither are you.

The main complaint in this thread seems to not be so much that it's shorter, but that it falls on what is, for some, a "holiday weekend". It isn't a holiday for everyone, and further, it's a "holiday" that moves around. ZOS can't control that. I personally don't see any issue with the length or timing of the event.
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to serious health issues, I was not able to participate last year. This year the festival is only four days. Two of which are workdays and another is a holiday. Thursday, I will have a maximum of three hours of play time. Friday maybe four. I will get most of Saturday but Sunday I might not get any.

My opinion is that if it ends on Monday, it should have already started.

I was really looking forward to this but now I doubt I will be able to truly enjoy it.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I didn't like the event last year so the short duration does not bother me but I think it is pretty poor to have a limited time event over the Easter weekend. As has been said, many people go away or are tied up with family activities and will have limited time to participate.

Mind you, as someone who did everything last year and will spend most of the weekend playing, I still envisage high population and increased lag due to the event, so for me, the sooner it is over the better >:)
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • CloneTrooper699
    CloneTrooper699
    ✭✭✭
    Well look on the bright side at least this year I won't end up with 60+ Jester banners
    I'm a goat
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is the Jester's Festival so much shorter this year?

Because the Anniversary Double XP event should start 4/4.

The last two Anniversaries did.

PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »

I did not miss it, nor is there something about that I don't understand. ZOS shortened the event. My guess is their reasonings have something to do with the Birthday event coming, or perhaps their data pointed to the fact that participation in this event petered off last year. I'm not privy to those reasons, and neither are you.

The main complaint in this thread seems to not be so much that it's shorter, but that it falls on what is, for some, a "holiday weekend". It isn't a holiday for everyone, and further, it's a "holiday" that moves around. ZOS can't control that. I personally don't see any issue with the length or timing of the event.

If the event was the normal length people wouldn't be complaining that it's on a holiday weekend. You don't seem to understand that. ZOS has complete control over this event and decided to run it for 4 days on a holiday weekend. They could've started it on Monday or last weekend and no one would've been mad.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to serious health issues, I was not able to participate last year. This year the festival is only four days. Two of which are workdays and another is a holiday. Thursday, I will have a maximum of three hours of play time. Friday maybe four. I will get most of Saturday but Sunday I might not get any.

I was really looking forward to this but now I doubt I will be able to truly enjoy it.

There's only 3 daily quests here. Not like there's 8 hours of content.

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They actually can control that. Because the actual date of Jester's Day is Rain's Hand (April) 28th not the 1st. The fact that they instead placed the game event so it coincides with the real-life holiday of April Fool's, whose date is fixed, and that easily runs right into their own anniversary, whose date is also fixed, was their own decision and was poorly conceived.

This is, incidentally, why I'm very much in favor of sticking to the lore dates for festival events - they usually don't coincide with the real-life equivalent, so those of us with family can enjoy the event and still enjoy our holidays.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's absolutely mind-blowing that they have achievements locked behind an event and then run the event in a 4-day window on a holiday weekend. It's like they thought about it for 0 seconds.

There's always next year. If you aren't going to be around next year because you left the game, wouldn't matter just the same.

Last year it felt like there was double XP every month. Seemed a bit much.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should last for 2 weeks..
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »

But the recipe. 4 days means 12 boxes for anyone’s main if they can do it every day. For someone that can’t, maybe 6 boxes. For people with 1 - 3 total characters and scheduling issues, it’ll probably stay under 20 boxes. If you are a no lifer, there is plenty of time to get 96 or more boxes, but a lot of people will miss out on the big drops and achievements.

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

There's always next year. If you aren't going to be around next year because you left the game, wouldn't matter just the same.

Last year it felt like there was double XP every month. Seemed a bit much.

There wasn't any double xp from like April to October last year so idk what you mean about too much double xp.
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill miss the whole thing with Easter events
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But the recipe. 4 days means 12 boxes for anyone’s main if they can do it every day. For someone that can’t, maybe 6 boxes. For people with 1 - 3 total characters and scheduling issues, it’ll probably stay under 20 boxes. If you are a no lifer, there is plenty of time to get 96 or more boxes, but a lot of people will miss out on the big drops and achievements.

Welp, time to mark up my Dubious Cameron Throne recipe to 500k.... thanks Zos!!!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which means if you want the Royal Jester title, and the new memento, and all the other neat stuff, you're forced to do it on multiple characters per day thanks to the super-short duration of the event. Otherwise, the event will be over and you won't have time to get the things you want.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orticia wrote: »
    I felt like with the amount of content last years event was a little long and although 4 days seems short it sounds like a step in the right direction. Short term always seems to get a better turn out, just like people are more likely to impulse spend on short term items in the store they are more likely to log in for the festival if it is a very limited time event.

Except that this time it overlaps with Easter and many people are spending most of that time with family, not a computer game.

Out of you and ZOS. Which ones has access to their metrics? Out of you and ZOS. Which one likely knows if players turn out more or less during holidays?
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    As expected. They're probably spending all their time on the clown crates.
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, four days is ridiculously short for an event. I wonder why they cut this one so unreasonably short.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    Really, that timing sucks.
    It starts on Thursday, late afternoon (time zones are a thing, dear ZOS) when Good Friday is a holiday in many regions, so many people are already doing stuff with friends and family, or are on their way. And it ends on Monday, one day after Easter Sunday, so you get half a day, maybe.
    That's ... unintelligent.

that's a charitable way of putting it. ;)
  • Brictoria
    Brictoria
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    So if people want that Royal Jester title, they're pretty much hosed.
    We only have four tries to rescue the pig per character, so if you can't rescue the pig without getting caught those four times, you can't have the Jester title on that character.
    Plus, reduced chances to get the Camoran Throne recipe, which is also required for that title. :/

There is always the option (if you get caught) to drop quest and then restart it, leaving you with little potential difficulty completing the quest/achievement...And if you still can't work it out, there are walk-throughs online which show and/or describe where to walk to get through it, so there isn't really any reason you can't get this each time you try it.

Being such an easy quest to complete, there's no reason why you can't do this on all your characters (even if you create new ones using empty slots) - Players actions on this quest have no impact on anyone else attempting it at the same time (unlike Daggerfall quest) and there are no transitions between areas (like Auridon quest), making this probably the quickest and simplest to do (excluding allowance for bounty cool down).
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll get fools trying to charge stupid and unfair amounts in a few months time for it

the recipes are not in the rewardlist on the homepage!!!!!