The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Jester's Festival = March 29th to April 2nd

• Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mdylan2013 wrote: »
    The argument about it being boring is not relevant. No one is forced to do the event. If people don’t enjoy it, don’t partake in it. That’s no reason to shorten it.

I was literally about to write the exact same thing.

If it bores you so much, don't do it. Why should the rest of us be punished because you take issue with an OPTIONAL event?
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I take ownership of a new house 30th so will miss this one.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    What are the quests like? Combat? Point A to B? Playing a lute? Lockpicking?

I missed it last year.

One is kill 8 enemies in a delve and shoot some fireworks, one is throw flower blossoms on people, and the other is to steal a pig. They do not take very long at all.
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Traveling :(
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well that sucks it being so short. Like they forgot about it or something....
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

I missed it last year.

One is kill 8 enemies in a delve and shoot some fireworks, one is throw flower blossoms on people, and the other is to steal a pig. They do not take very long at all.

Except that everyone and their brother is in that delve outside Daggerfall, and it's as bad as trying to kill wolves and wasps in Betnikh during whatever event that was, lol.

Best thing is to do that quest in groups so you get credit even if you can't land a blow yourself.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Classic ZOS

Community says the event was too boring, ZOS just shortens it instead of actually changing the quests
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Better stash those Dubious Camoran Throne recipes :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd venture to say it has nothing to do with people saying it was boring and is more about the time crunch of pushing out two events and a PTS cycle for a new chapter.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    One thing for sure, those throne recipes will likely continue to be rare and expensive afterwards.

Exactly. This is complete garbage having such a short time to get DCT recipe, AND over a holiday weekend when many want to spend time with family. Wtf is this? The wichmother recipe is so common that I have tons of spare recipes just laying around in bank, yet DCT sells for 200k+ and we have a low chance to get the recipe this year. FU zos.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't actually mention the provisioning recipe as an award... :/
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I missed it last year.

Daggerfall quest, you have to get some materials for fireworks, then you run down to the docks and set three off.

Ebonhart quest, go down to the craft area and steal something. Then go to the Argonian area and sneak a pig from the chef. If you've never had a bounty before, you will on this quest. (Unless some friendly player murders the NPC at the start.)

Vulkleguard quest, I don't remember this one too well. I think you need to get some flowers and toss them on people.

In any case, unlike New Life, these quests are all going to send you the long way round to complete.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    I'd venture to say it has nothing to do with people saying it was boring and is more about the time crunch of pushing out two events and a PTS cycle for a new chapter.

They could've started the event this past weekend so I'm not sure I understand this. Having an event run for a longer amount of time is not any added work, is it?
    Edited by Apache_Kid on March 27, 2018 3:27PM
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »
    Classic ZOS

Community says the event was too boring, ZOS just shortens it instead of actually changing the quests

I'd have preferred more quests to it to give variety, but there was nothing wrong with the event as it was.
    It was people just complaining because they weren't instantly given things, hate questing or don't ever want to leave Cyrodiil and when they do they get grouchy.
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They could've started the event this past weekend so I'm not sure I understand this. Having an event run for a longer amount of time is not any added work, is it?

They were still riding the "high" of the summerset announcement. Honestly, I'm just guessing - who knows what their motives were, I just don't think it was intended to be punitive.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They were still riding the "high" of the summerset announcement. Honestly, I'm just guessing - who knows what their motives were, I just don't think it was intended to be punitive.

Haha Ok that actaully made me lol. If only they got a high from fixing bugs.

Even if it wasn't intended to be punitive, it is punitive. So intentions don't really matter here in my opinion.
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did someone say Double XP?
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Four days is PREPOSTEROUS and ABSURD!! It will be concentrated madness to try to get all of the new drops.

Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

I missed it last year.

Except that everyone and their brother is in that delve outside Daggerfall, and it's as bad as trying to kill wolves and wasps in Betnikh during whatever event that was, lol.

Best thing is to do that quest in groups so you get credit even if you can't land a blow yourself.

I was typically doing the quests very early in the morning but yeah being in a group will definitely help if you are doing it during busy times. The wolves were bad on Xbox NA because there were bots everywhere taking all the kills.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe should have started it today or yesterday maybe, let it run the week. Lot of people see family etc over Easter.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even if it wasn't intended to be punitive, it is punitive. So intentions don't really matter here in my opinion.

Now that I think about it, I may have to agree there. I just looked up the list of requirements to get the achievement furnishing (totally forgot about that) and that's a mighty tight time frame. Especially that pig one - that took me several tries and you can only do it once a day.

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Now that I think about it, I may have to agree there. I just looked up the list of requirements to get the achievement furnishing (totally forgot about that) and that's a mighty tight time frame. Especially that pig one - that took me several tries and you can only do it once a day.

Oh man, yeah i forgot about that pig achievement. Definitely took me more than 4 days the first time around to get that one on my main. See this is what I mean tho. This really isn't fair to newer players who hadn't been able to experience the full-length festival.
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This whole month ZoS has left an increasingly sour taste in my mouth with several "limited time" crown store items, sub-optimal event timing, HORRIBLE communication, and just cringe-worthy management....

AFK to brush teeth....
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alex_Lex wrote: »
    Who took my pig?
    Piggy pig!

tyjReFT.gif
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Classic ZOS

I'd have preferred more quests to it to give variety, but there was nothing wrong with the event as it was.
    It was people just complaining because they weren't instantly given things, hate questing or don't ever want to leave Cyrodiil and when they do they get grouchy.

I am neither of those things and I found the event incredibly boring after like 3 days of doing it

I've farmed for hundreds of hours for sharp weapon drops, morrowind/cwc funishings, so I have no problem not receiving goodies instantly

I love questing, although I do dislike how ridiculously easy questing can be. Especially repetitive quests.

And I wasn't really PvPing during the event last year.

It's just boring to do the same repetitive quests on multiple characters every day. One you do all the quests, there's nothing to get out of it other than drops

Maybe they should make it so that each day a new quest is available, making you actually look forward to the next day. But meh idk, they'd still probably find a way to make it boring :D
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mdylan2013 wrote: »
    The argument about it being boring is not relevant. No one is forced to do the event. If people don’t enjoy it, don’t partake in it. That’s no reason to shorten it.

I have to agree with this. That argument makes no sense.

Just an observation, when should Zos listen to fan feedback? Too long, too short, they can't win.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh man, yeah i forgot about that pig achievement. Definitely took me more than 4 days the first time around to get that one on my main. See this is what I mean tho. This really isn't fair to newer players who hadn't been able to experience the full-length festival.

I found the secret to the pig achievement is to pop rapids or just mount up and run around the left side of town. As long as you don't run into anything with collision you should be good. You don't have to remain undetected by everyone, just the chef, and she only has two spawn locations if you move fast enough. One will be right at the pig, and the other at the top of the left-hand staircase as you ascend to the courtyard of Ebonhart.

Once I started doing that, I never got caught at all.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Classic ZOS

I am neither of those things and I found the event incredibly boring after like 3 days of doing it

I've farmed for hundreds of hours for sharp weapon drops, morrowind/cwc funishings, so I have no problem not receiving goodies instantly

I love questing, although I do dislike how ridiculously easy questing can be. Especially repetitive quests.

It's just boring to do the same repetitive quests on multiple characters every day. One you do all the quests, there's nothing to get out of it other than drops

Maybe they should make it so that each day a new quest is available, making you actually look forward to the next day. But meh idk, they'd still probably find a way to make it boring :D

You could....ya know....just not do it if it bores you so much?

Why should everyone else have to suffer? It's not like you're required to do it, even from a progression stand point.
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taysa wrote: »
    Classic ZOS

You could....ya know....just not do it if it bores you so much?

Why should everyone else have to suffer? It's not like you're required to do it, even from a progression stand point.

Or I could... ya know... give feedback about it being boring and think about ways to improve it and make it less boring?

Why should I have to suffer?
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won't be available at those dates. This is too short. I dont mind but it would be better with longer duration.