The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Soul Assault

Stratforge
Stratforge
✭✭✭✭
Make it interruptible again. The way it works now is completely brainless.
PC NA
Xbox One NA (retired)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use LoS or Cloak or block or harness Magicka or an invis pot after 2 sec, or healing ward
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use LoS or Cloak or block or harness Magicka or an invis pot after 2 sec, or healing ward

And put points into Thick Skinned.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whaaaat? Someone on the forums called it "Noob Beam" since the snare was removed. ha ha It is, though, easily broken.
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »

I think you may have misread my post if you think I'm looking for loading screen quality tips. Perhaps I should use the grouping tool to call for help.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stratforge wrote: »

I think you may have misread my post if you think I'm looking for loading screen quality tips. Perhaps I should use the grouping tool to call for help.

I did infact misread the post, but that doesn't make what I said any less relevant xD
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... they already nerfed it hard last patch, if they keep nerfing they might as well just delete it entirely.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Alphaa
    Alphaa
    ✭✭✭
    Probs a rolly polly stam blade complaining about a counter
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not ask for all skills that a noob PvPer has died to, to be removed from game, why water it down.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked for the snare to be removed, coming from both sides of the argument as a user and having it used against. The only issue with it right now is when it’s used by magplars who just spam bol and cleanse until their ult builds and then use soul assault and repeat. Combine that with skoria and it’s a pretty cheese skill even with the snare gone 1v1. Unfortunately bol block casting magplars are just a pain in the ass and it’s proably better to walk the other way than to start a whole discussion and ruin Templars further for the people who actually play them. Bol is definitely one of those skills that needs the cost increase treatement. Or lower the burst and make it a burst+hot. Good players won’t spam it anyway.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly it's easier to kill Soul Assaulters while they are channeling... You can't block cast heals while channeling... :#
    Edited by kadar on March 27, 2018 7:13AM
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good players will spam it, when they need it.
    If you really have a problen with that skill, then you should try out a bit more mitigation, healing or blocking. If soul assault does damage, then the enemy is squishy, so go to the enemy and blockcast some spammable and do some damage to him. Probably he is forced to break soul assault then. If it doesnt do damage, your opponent is tanky, block abd heal a bit and go for the moment soul assault ends, then your opponent is vulerable the most.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw magplars are either offensive or defensive, its easy to tell: they are blockcastint bol, then they are defensive. Just put up more pressure and they have problems recovering
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will say tho...

2 or more mTemplars (usually) timing Soul Assaults on a single person is just about the most obnoxious thing there is, LOL. :D
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whaaaat? Someone on the forums called it "Noob Beam" since the snare was removed. ha ha It is, though, easily broken.

That someone was me, and it’s true. Since it lost the snare you can easily LoS it. The only time you should die to this now is being Xv1 and Ult-dumped.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I got bullied in cyro last week by two sorcs who kept doing a magelight > soul assault each. If they caught me without LOS I was dead and there wasn’t anything I could do about it.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not ask for all skills that a noob PvPer has died to, to be removed from game, why water it down.
    Light Attacks Online. :trollface:

Soul Assault is nothing compared to the true glory days. Maybe you can be caught off guard to it now and then but that's no different to any well timed ulti.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I did infact misread the post, but that doesn't make what I said any less relevant xD

And if Soul Assault is kicking your ass, it would appear you are looking for loading screen quality tips...

Without the snare, it's hardly worth running.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything, we need more skills that filter out the nubs.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It is a noob beam. Its not incredibly punishing, just annoying because it sets you a little more defensive..
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Against someone unprepared it's freakin devastating. Just a damn long time to be channeling a spell and easily outmaneuvered.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd be down for a bit of a damage reduction per hit but given a longer channel time for more over all ticks. But it's pretty balanced as it is
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    ... they already nerfed it hard last patch, if they keep nerfing they might as well just delete it entirely.

Honestly this would be a good solution too.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭

And if Soul Assault is kicking your ass, it would appear you are looking for loading screen quality tips...

Without the snare, it's hardly worth running.

Zerger says what?
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »

Thats the point. Completely rework it.
  • Ceepax
    Ceepax
    ✭✭✭
    Should be interruptible.
    Lil Ceep
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    I asked for the snare to be removed, coming from both sides of the argument as a user and having it used against. The only issue with it right now is when it’s used by magplars who just spam bol and cleanse until their ult builds and then use soul assault and repeat. Combine that with skoria and it’s a pretty cheese skill even with the snare gone 1v1. Unfortunately bol block casting magplars are just a pain in the ass and it’s proably better to walk the other way than to start a whole discussion and ruin Templars further for the people who actually play them. Bol is definitely one of those skills that needs the cost increase treatement. Or lower the burst and make it a burst+hot. Good players won’t spam it anyway.

They can't BOL while channeling soul assault so burst them then.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul Assault needs to stay as is, if not get a slight boost in snare. It was a crucial skill at the end of the main quest line so it really should stay in the game.

It was a good counter against NBs. Now we’re overrun by NBs.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Testing acuity...will say, acuity proc with just about anything other than a magic shielded, and soul assault is so gud.

It hits like a truck when all 8 tics crit XD. Not to mention the impending doom of skoria and purifying light! Feels good to finally have synergy between magplar skills...

• Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly puryfying light has a max damage mark and cant crit....
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

meoRLg3.png
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.