The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Soul Assault

• Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Whaaaat? Someone on the forums called it "Noob Beam" since the snare was removed. ha ha It is, though, easily broken.

That someone was me, and it’s true. Since it lost the snare you can easily LoS it. The only time you should die to this now is being Xv1 and Ult-dumped.

Yeah, agreed. It seems to work best on someone fighting off several others at the same time and they aren't aware at first you're hitting them with it. Otherwise they just LoS it, or whatever.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Whaaaat? Someone on the forums called it "Noob Beam" since the snare was removed. ha ha It is, though, easily broken.

It is a noob beam. Its not incredibly punishing, just annoying because it sets you a little more defensive..

To be fair, though, it was only very recently nerfed. Can it be called a "Noob Beam" so soon? ha ha
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    I asked for the snare to be removed, coming from both sides of the argument as a user and having it used against. The only issue with it right now is when it’s used by magplars who just spam bol and cleanse until their ult builds and then use soul assault and repeat. Combine that with skoria and it’s a pretty cheese skill even with the snare gone 1v1. Unfortunately bol block casting magplars are just a pain in the ass and it’s proably better to walk the other way than to start a whole discussion and ruin Templars further for the people who actually play them. Bol is definitely one of those skills that needs the cost increase treatement. Or lower the burst and make it a burst+hot. Good players won’t spam it anyway.

They can't BOL while channeling soul assault so burst them then.

Actually despite what people say if you do drop block, even a tanky magplar is still capable of draining all health with soul assault pretty quickly, even on a heavy armor opponent. Combine that with a bit of skoria and dropping block could very well mean you’re toast. And even after 1 cc hit it’s pretty fcukin easy for a heavy armor magplar to get up and just spam bol a couple of time and return to full health. Those fights jsut end up being endless. I’ve played magplar I know what they’re capable of. They may lack some overall burst but they can reallt crutch hard off of their defensive skills and soul assault/skoria is devestating.