The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Put Premades in BG's Against ONLY other premades.

ShadowMonarch
ShadowMonarch
✭✭✭✭
Put Premades against other premades. Problem @#*%ING SOLVED.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the fact that you @ makes it a tag

I wonder if zos is trying it , as it usually takes longer when i want to join with my friends

But yeah would help a lot
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's already a large current thread all about debating the merits of that. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400077/premade-groups-are-ruining-battlegrounds#latest
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This won't solve the problem of premades. Not all premades are organized groups in voice. The problem with organized premades stems from the 4v4v4 system itself and IMO cannot be "fixed" until that is changed. Three teams is too chaotic for disorganized groups, thus giving a huge advantage to more organized groups as the organized group will use their potential for superior numbers during every single match to their advantage.

Because of this reason, there is no way to balance a premade vs premade vs premade match when two of those premades is a group of friends casually queueing together and one premade is a serious group using voice. The organized group will always backdoor the other two groups and win every time, simply because they're more organized. Creating a premade only queue will only lead to people who would have otherwise wanted to group with their friends deciding not to form a group of 4 to avoid the same premades they want to avoid solo queueing. People should be allowed to form a group of 4, queue for a bg, and casually have fun, but going up against one or even two well organized premades every queue will ruin the experience for them.

The solution is balancing out premades with pugs on their team. This is what every other game does. A high ranking premade (group of 4) is paired up with 4 low ranking pugs and put against a pug queue of 8 average players, or two premades on either team are paired up with pugs so that it's premade/pugs vs premade/pugs. A new 4v4, premade only queue will be added for groups who want to play against other premades, and the other queue that has premades grouped with pugs (8v8 for example) would be for people who want to queue up and casually pvp.

Every other game does it this way, and they do it this way for a reason. With three teams, even if all of the above problems were magically solved with theoretically perfect matchmaking, you would still lose 2 out of every 3 games. Loss-Loss-Win-Loss-Win-Loss--does that sound fun to anyone? No one likes losing that much more than they win regardless of their skill. Even the absolute best players would struggle to reach a 40% win rate.

tl;dr the entire system needs an overhaul
    Edited by ecru on March 26, 2018 8:28AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even when you get three premades fighting each other, many times there is a LARGE skill gap between some of the groups and others.

tonight I had a nice 3 way 4 man premade fight going on. One of the 4 mans decided to quit half way through because of how badly they were being beaten. That premade got replaced by three pugs.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even in other mmo's that have battle grounds premades constantly and consistently stomp pug groups. Its not a ESO problem, its not a 4v4v4 problem its a premade problem. It is just as prevalent in other games that do the same thing.

It is better for the entire system if Premades are put in their own queue against other premades.
  • mike.eso
    mike.eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The solution should be ranked and social queues.

But even that would get fukced up so who knows.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭

That does not stop the problem in any way, therefor it is no a solution.

The solution is to make premades queue against only other premades.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I said it should be. Not that it would be.

For the most part, very competitive teams would go to ranked. There would still be troll teams that would ruin social matchmaking.

Social teams are not the problem (i.e. 4 casual friends who get together once in awhile to play BGs for fun). This type of group shouldn't be forced to play strictly with the sweaty palms crews.

The only REAL solution is get together a serious team and have patience and practice. And most importantly, get better.
    Edited by brandonv516 on March 26, 2018 11:00PM
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭

For the most part, very competitive teams would go to ranked. There would still be troll teams that would ruin social matchmaking.

Social teams are not the problem (i.e. 4 casual friends who get together once in awhile to play BGs for fun). This type of group shouldn't be forced to play strictly with the sweaty palms crews.

The only REAL solution is get together a serious team and have patience and practice. And most importantly, get better.

Serious teams do not do ranked queues in other mmos a lot of them still go into normal matchs to stomp unorganized pug groups, It happens in mmos that have rank/normal pvp queues all the time. It literally fix's nothing.

Again. Its not a solution.
    Edited by ShadowMonarch on March 26, 2018 11:10PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to add that there is a current on-going discussion of this topic on this post as well: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/402497/how-is-this-ok-premades-and-their-effect-on-bgs#latest
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Serious teams do not do ranked queues in other mmos a lot of them still go into normal matchs to stomp unorganized pug groups, It happens in mmos that have rank/normal pvp queues all the time. It literally fix's nothing.

Last reply because you clearly don't read. Look up the difference for should vs. would. I already told you the REAL solution at the end of my last post for the current state of the game.

I don't care what happens in other MMOs to be honest. In this MMO I play with many competitive players and from what I gather they want two things: stat tracking and true skill ranking. Seems to me they would flock to a ranked queue that provides these two things.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭

Last reply because you clearly don't read. Look up the difference for should vs. would. I already told you the REAL solution at the end of my last post for the current state of the game.

I don't care what happens in other MMOs to be honest. In this MMO I play with many competitive players and from what I gather they want two things: stat tracking and true skill ranking. Seems to me they would flock to a ranked queue that provides these two things.

If I assemble my premade and start stomping pugs then how have I stopped the problem of Premades Destorying the pug groups?

And look your entire point fell apart. Then you even admit you haven't played any mmo's that have already done and failed with what you suggested before.

If you don't understand something you don't have to comment you can just keep your mouth shut next time.