The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Enough raids - how about a 2nd solo challenge like VMA?

rophez_ESO
rophez_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
We have lots of raids for people that like to herd hampsters (pug) or those with large groups of friends.

Some of us like to challenge ourselves, and rely on ourselves. VMA is getting old after hundreds of runs. The rewards are lackluster - no one uses anything but bow and a couple staves. Please ZOS, give the rewards an update and put in another solo challenge! Maybe not an arena, maybe even tune the new raid to have a solo option that's as challenging as VMA? I dunno, I don't get paid big bucks to come up with this stuff.
  • weg0
    weg0
    ✭✭✭
    Make it a two-man.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see a two person challenge so I can play with a friend...this is an MMO after all.

D87M77d.png
    Edited by Enemy-of-Coldharbour on March 22, 2018 7:34PM
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I think that might be what abyssal geysers are.... waiting for the "big reveal".

*fingers crossed*
  • rustic_potato
    rustic_potato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol it is an MMO. vMA by itself was a big design flaw. Maybe a 2 player instance like others suggested but ZOS already said that public dungeons were designed as 2 man content so I doubt we will be seeing more.
    I play how I want to.

• Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope not, I loathe vma. Never want to see another solo trial with exclusive gear again.

I'd be fine with a 2 man though. This game is an mmo, there shouldn't be solo only content.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Shezzarrine
    Shezzarrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yinmaigao wrote: »
    Honestly, I think that might be what abyssal geysers are.... waiting for the "big reveal".

*fingers crossed*

Didn't they say abyssal geysers are group events already? And because geysers is plural Im not holding out any hope that they are more than a redone dolman.
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only if its not a just a dps race needs to be done with healers and tanks to
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, we need more 2, 3, 4 person trial content. 12 man trials are boring and we already have a lot of them.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is an MMORPG after all

Next content along the lines of DSA, MA, AS is likely to be either 2, 6 or 8 man. Doubtful we will see another solo for awhile.
  • rustic_potato
    rustic_potato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »
    Agreed, we need more 2, 3, 4 person trial content. 12 man trials are boring and we already have a lot of them.

12 man content are the end game PVE of this game. I'm assuming that you have completed all the vet HM trials out right now to make such a comment else stop trolling.
    I play how I want to.

• Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. There are never enough raids.

2. There should be more 2 or 4 man arenas/trials.

XBox NA
  • Shezzarrine
    Shezzarrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love a 2, 3, or 6 man trial, or even another MA-type solo trial.
    Edited by Shezzarrine on March 22, 2018 5:01PM
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

12 man content are the end game PVE of this game. I'm assuming that you have completed all the vet HM trials out right now to make such a comment else stop trolling.

You cant really call it end game if only a tiny part of the population only does it. ATM trials are more niche than anything.
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weg0 wrote: »
    Make it a two-man.

Love that idea too.
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’d really enjoy another solo arena, although a duo arena could be interesting as well. Could also have a solo/duo arena. Solo = hard mode, duo = easy/normal mode.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You cant really call it end game if only a tiny part of the population only does it. ATM trials are more niche than anything.

Choosing not to do it doesn't keep it from being end-game content.

XBox NA
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah, there's lots of opportunities for different end game content. I work full time and don't want to schedule my end game play around 11 other people. I still like being in a world inhabited by others, doing occasional dungeon queues and PVP, not to mention the auction house, so please don't start with the, "Why play an MMO" comments.
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yinmaigao wrote: »

*fingers crossed*

Didn't they say abyssal geysers are group events already? And because geysers is plural Im not holding out any hope that they are more than a redone dolman.

2 people is a group :/

Can't a man dream? :cry:
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If trials are niche then MA would be as well. Your point doesn’t make sense in the context of this thread ans the post your replied to.
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have different "end game" content for different types of people is fine.

"Play your Way" - amiright?
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

If trials are niche then MA would be as well. Your point doesn’t make sense in the context of this thread ans the post your replied to.

Besides the fact its literally the title of the thread. Yes it does "We have lots of raids" is literally the first 4 words of the OP's post. Follow by a reply of " 12 man content are the end game PVE of this game" followed by my comment. Do ya follow? Reading comprehension 4TW!

Trials are niche because only a small part of the pop does them. Much smaller than the percent that raids in other games. For many they arent accessible even in end game. Even if your in a trial guild it doesnt guarantee you will get to do trials and if you do it may only be as "fillers" on occasion after you prove your worth to the mighty elitists.

Other players simply have no interest in that end game, thus its very niche. The solution is to either create content the majority of players will do or make content such as trials easier to access and more lucrative to those players who are otherwise uninterested in the excessive requirements required to do that content.

The OP offers a solution to appeal to more people. Its much easier for those of us who have lives to get into 2-4 man groups to do content as opposed to have a 12 man content that you have to schedule around peoples lives, who have them anyway. Trials are simply a pain in ass, with little significant reward. Raidfinder with an easier version and lesser rewards would go along way to help. Group finder for raids is the best thing they invented in MMO raids since they invented raids themselves.

But 2-4 man group content is another good alternative. Personally id like to see content that is "select-a-size" and the difficulty and rewards increase based on group size.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was really hoping for a duo Arena announced for Summerset. Just another Trial for guilds and pugs. Let us small scale players have something other than Vet Dungeons and VMA!
    PC-NA
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enough raids?? I'm so f'ing triggered right now... :rage:
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rophez_ESO wrote: »
    We have lots of raids for people that like to herd hampsters (pug) or those with large groups of friends.

Some of us like to challenge ourselves, and rely on ourselves. VMA is getting old after hundreds of runs. The rewards are lackluster - no one uses anything but bow and a couple staves. Please ZOS, give the rewards an update and put in another solo challenge! Maybe not an arena, maybe even tune the new raid to have a solo option that's as challenging as VMA? I dunno, I don't get paid big bucks to come up with this stuff.

I agree. Instanced solo arena is love.

But maybe we'd all be happiest if they could offer us the option at the door: solo, two-man, four-man. Maybe let us pick map themes too, with gear won based on what kind of map and enemies we fight.

Or give me a portal for one in my house, I don't care about gear and leaderboards, it's just fun.
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe when more than 5% of players have completed vMA?
    The Moot Councillor
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping for this with Summerset

But nope, another 12 man trial that I'll probably never do because progression groups are boring as hell

I just wanted a place for my girlfriend and I to live for a bit :(
  • rustic_potato
    rustic_potato
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Besides the fact its literally the title of the thread. Yes it does "We have lots of raids" is literally the first 4 words of the OP's post. Follow by a reply of " 12 man content are the end game PVE of this game" followed by my comment. Do ya follow? Reading comprehension 4TW!

Trials are niche because only a small part of the pop does them. Much smaller than the percent that raids in other games. For many they arent accessible even in end game. Even if your in a trial guild it doesnt guarantee you will get to do trials and if you do it may only be as "fillers" on occasion after you prove your worth to the mighty elitists.

Other players simply have no interest in that end game, thus its very niche. The solution is to either create content the majority of players will do or make content such as trials easier to access and more lucrative to those players who are otherwise uninterested in the excessive requirements required to do that content.

The OP offers a solution to appeal to more people. Its much easier for those of us who have lives to get into 2-4 man groups to do content as opposed to have a 12 man content that you have to schedule around peoples lives, who have them anyway. Trials are simply a pain in ass, with little significant reward. Raidfinder with an easier version and lesser rewards would go along way to help. Group finder for raids is the best thing they invented in MMO raids since they invented raids themselves.

But 2-4 man group content is another good alternative. Personally id like to see content that is "select-a-size" and the difficulty and rewards increase based on group size.

Well for starters I disagree that there are too many raids. I will agree that statement is correct when we have more 12 man content than 4 man content. Game devs usually allocate around 20-40% of their resources to the hardcore playerbase especially in an MMO. Mainly cos a game without endgame doesn't have any player retaining ability. Trials and Battlegrounds are catered to those player base. Those who don't have the time to do Trials or cant be bothered to socially interact with people to do those content are given the open world to do their stuff.

Also spending resources for solo content (MA) in an MMO is probably the worst idea ZOS came up with. Well they did learn and made AS a 12 player content.
    I play how I want to.

• Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, i would like that. But just as ist was at realese. Soul resoviar, so you cant die forever, no saveing of the stages if you log of and 4 times as hard as is now. That was vam at orsinium release. And the best, evry few days a new vma nearf tread from a noob.
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't need to do HM to know that they are boring. I mean, HoF is just unbearably terrible in every way from art, story to the actual fights; the last fight is one of the lamest ever created. It's just scripted choreography. Do you have anything meaningful to add to the discussion, or just want to express how you're a fanboy of trials?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It didn’t matter how many paragraphs you wrote in the reply my comment you replied to is 100% accurate. The title of the thread is irrelevant to it.