The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where is the Quality Control? (New Costume)

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    I loved the look of this costume, but I did actually preview it. I saw that it clipped horribly with my lightning staff, so I didn't purchase it.

How would you avoid the clipping in this case? Make the hat smaller? Tilt the hat up? Tilt my staff to the side? I'm not a fan of any of these solutions.

Maybe I'll purchase it one day, and just hide the hat. Or just use it on my dual wield character.

Make it to where my weapon is tilted more, Or just don't release it at all. The 2nd option would've been my preferred choice at this point.

Can't even use it on my dw character because bow back bar

"Just tilt it more" is not a viable solution. It means that either wepons will have to be tilted in general or a full second set of animations will have to be developed. So yeah, either a clipping costume (and some people might be ok with that) or no costume at all.

Wow God forbid they have to make a second set of animations. At a video game studio. What a tragedy that would be. I'm literally shaking thinking about it.

Dripping sarcasm aside they shouldve never even designed/released the costume if there is no way to release it without the clipping.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just purchased the Budi-Shirt and Galligaskins costume from the crown store and I put it on my newly made level 3 character and his cast-off greatsword or whatever goes and stick right up through the had of the costume! It looks terrible! How do you design a costume and put it for sale without testing it out? It would've taken you all of 2 minutes to see this problem. It's just truly amazing that y'all continue to release broken products into an already broken product.

Where is your sense of pride? Or do you just not care? Not caring is the only explanation I can think of if this costume was allowed to pass quality control.

ZOS has a smaller sword they will sell you.....just sayin'

Haha alright this one made me laugh

As an optional solution, that doesnt cost money, you wear the sword upside down. That way when your hat hits it, it will cut the offending part of the hat off and problem solved....

Though it would look like you are pulling the sword out of your... you know. Which is both disturbing and impressive.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved the look of this costume, but I did actually preview it. I saw that it clipped horribly with my lightning staff, so I didn't purchase it.

How would you avoid the clipping in this case? Make the hat smaller? Tilt the hat up? Tilt my staff to the side? I'm not a fan of any of these solutions.

Maybe I'll purchase it one day, and just hide the hat. Or just use it on my dual wield character.

Make it to where my weapon is tilted more, Or just don't release it at all. The 2nd option would've been my preferred choice at this point.

"Just tilt it more" is not a viable solution. It means that either wepons will have to be tilted in general or a full second set of animations will have to be developed. So yeah, either a clipping costume (and some people might be ok with that) or no costume at all.

Wow God forbid they have to make a second set of animations. At a video game studio. What a tragedy that would be. I'm literally shaking thinking about it.

Dripping sarcasm aside they shouldve never even designed/released the costume if there is no way to release it without the clipping.

For one hat? Yeah, that's a pretty big deal for a 500 crowns hat.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

For one hat? Yeah, that's a pretty big deal for a 500 crowns hat.

Don't release it at all then. Problem solved. It is beyond me why you would release a costume that clips. It makes your game look like amateur hour.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay so I logged in and took screenshot from preview:

l48lxDs.png
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix this and I will buy it. If you don't want my money then don't fix it I guess?
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just purchased the Budi-Shirt and Galligaskins costume from the crown store and I put it on my newly made level 3 character and his cast-off greatsword or whatever goes and stick right up through the had of the costume! It looks terrible! How do you design a costume and put it for sale without testing it out? It would've taken you all of 2 minutes to see this problem. It's just truly amazing that y'all continue to release broken products into an already broken product.

Where is your sense of pride? Or do you just not care? Not caring is the only explanation I can think of if this costume was allowed to pass quality control.

I previewed this and noticed my staff clipped with the cool eastern hat... so i passed on purchasing as it looked wierd and would just irritate me. Shame though.

I imagine the same issue will occur with the soon to be released Taesci - samurai looking motif
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you not preview before you bought? Did the preview show clipping? Yet you still bought it? Even though you KNEW it would clip?

Alrighty then...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »
    Did you not preview before you bought? Did the preview show clipping? Yet you still bought it? Even though you KNEW it would clip?

Alrighty then...

Thats not the point. You can't just release a flawed product and be like "Well you bought it too bad". I don't even want a refund it's 500 measly crowns they can keep my money I just think it should be removed from the store if they can't release it without clipping issues.

Sorry 0 snark points for you.

Edit: i can at least wear it on my tank as he's my only character that doesn't use either a staff, bow, Or Two-Handed weapon
    Edited by Apache_Kid on March 22, 2018 6:29PM
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alrighty then...

Thats not the point. You can't just release a flawed product and be like "Well you bought it too bad". I don't even want a refund it's 500 measly crowns they can keep my money I just think it should be removed from the store if they can't release it without clipping issues.

Edit: i can at least wear it on my tank as he's my only character that doesn't use either a staff, bow, Or Two-Handed weapon

Clipping happens. You knew it clipped. You bought it anyway. Complain more. It justs highlights your, er, well nvm lol
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Alrighty then...

Clipping happens. You knew it clipped. You bought it anyway. Complain more. It justs highlights your, er, well nvm lol

Highlights my refusal to let a game studio backed by a major corporation to release flawed products to the player-base without causing a stink?

Yeah thanks I know.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're right about the issue, but your personality is abysmal.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alrighty then...

Highlights my refusal to let a game studio backed by a major corporation to release flawed products to the player-base without causing a stink?

Yeah thanks I know.

Yes, I'm sure they will take random complainer number 45765886 much more seriously than random complainer 2348765, so keep up the good fight! I need the salt for my popcorn! You people are so easily riled up, very entertaining, you really make the down time fly by!

Please, carry on!
    -Hemingway
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »

How so? I've been treated so horribly by this game in terms of customer support and time wasted by crashes and other issues forcing me to re-log after being a loyal sub for over a year and have bought crowns many times. They've earned my ire by doing nothing to improve performance on Xbox since I've started playing the game. Performance has actually actively gotten worse.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is far from the first costume they have released to have clipping issues like this. It's very clear they do not look at these costumes in game before releasing then. That is a problem and I'm trying to get someone's attention. Squeaky wheel gets the grease pal.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, what do you expect?

The only costumes/hats that get any sort of quality control are those that go directly into crates. Everything that comes to the crown store first gets no quality control whatsoever or at least it feels that way.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Apache_Kid
      Apache_Kid
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Kendaric wrote: »

The only costumes/hats that get any sort of quality control are those that go directly into crates. Everything that comes to the crown store first gets no quality control whatsoever or at least it feels that way.

I expect things to improve over time. I expect after costume after costume having threads made about them that they would test this stuff internally and yet they continue to not do so again and again. I will continue to bring it to their attention no matter how pointless it may be. Someone somewhere is reading this.
    • Aeladiir
      Aeladiir
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Carbonised wrote: »
      Carbonised wrote: »
      Hide helmet. Boom, fixed.

The whole reason I bought the costume was for the hat so no, not fixed

Well, people with dual wield and 1-hand and shield will have no problem with this. Maybe not bow builds either.

Just looking at the size of the hat makes it plain to see that it will clip with some things worn on the back.

Personally I'm all for ZOS going in new directions with their cosmestics, and then leave it up to the /player/ to avoid the worst clipping, rather than having all their costumes and cosmetics not clip 100 % with any and all setups.

There's a preview function for a reason, so you can see how it will look on your particular character, if it clips too bad, then don't buy it, or don't use it on that character.

If you want them to release stuff that will absolutely not clip with anything, then we won't get any new designs, just rehashes of the same old stuff.

:rofl:
    • Avran_Sylt
      Avran_Sylt
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Clipping (In General) is going to happen, unless all costumes are gone over meticulously, and the entire bone system is reworked to incorporate all the various details and volume associated with each every piece combination.

While it is possible to solve this, the cost associated with the Work-Hours performed on the issue is not viable commercially. Not now anyway.
      Edited by Avran_Sylt on March 22, 2018 7:12PM
    • Apache_Kid
      Apache_Kid
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Clipping (In General) is going to happen, unless all costumes are gone over meticulously, and the entire bone system is reworked to incorporate all the various details and volume associated with each every piece combination.

While it is possible to solve this, the cost associated with the Work-Hours performed on the issue is not viable commercially. Not now anyway.

I understand your point but this isn't minor clipping. Look at the picture posted on the thread. That is just not acceptable. There's no way that should pass any reasonable quality control.
    • Kendaric
      Kendaric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

I expect things to improve over time. I expect after costume after costume having threads made about them that they would test this stuff internally and yet they continue to not do so again and again. I will continue to bring it to their attention no matter how pointless it may be. Someone somewhere is reading this.

I've basically stopped buying costumes after the Divayth Fyr (Telvanni Wizard Lord) one and seeing how badly it dyed. Apparently they don't care about our feedback regarding clipping or costumes not dyeing not properly.

I agree with you, a costume with clipping problems like that shouldn't have been released until the problems are fixed.
        PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      • Avran_Sylt
        Avran_Sylt
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I agree, as I have stated above.
      • Apache_Kid
        Apache_Kid
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭

I've basically stopped buying costumes after the Divayth Fyr (Telvanni Wizard Lord) one and seeing how badly it dyed. Apparently they don't care about our feedback regarding clipping or costumes not dyeing not properly.

I agree with you, a costume with clipping problems like that shouldn't have been released until the problems are fixed.

Heh go to the crown store section and there's a whole separate thread on the dying issues with this one too :D:D