The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Any Bets On How Effed PvP Is Post Summerset?

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
What’s your prediction? Jewelry crafting with 6 new traits, a skill line that involves a 4 second reset. I mean imbalance aside there’s no way that could cause any lag or bugs right? A zerg full of people all smashing reset every time they make a mistake :D:D
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The 4 second reset was confirmed to be the Ultimate, so while it sounds powerful, I don't think it will be super annoying to deal with, since you are giving up Dawnbreaker or Destro Ulti or whatever else.

Also I'd be more worried about the balance changes that are going to come with the update, given what happened with Morrowind.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    What’s your prediction? Jewelry crafting with 6 new traits, a skill line that involves a 4 second reset. I mean imbalance aside there’s no way that could cause any lag or bugs right? A zerg full of people all smashing reset every time they make a mistake :D:D

Ye, i hope reset will be an ultimate. But still. The zergs are getting buffed
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm 50/50 on whether or not I'll stop playing after this next chapter. I'll try it for a bit, hopefully it's fun, but as of now I think most of this sounds pretty dumb.

To be honest, it's a level of content equivalent to a DLC and it costs a heck of a lot more (plus we can't use crowns).
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »

How are they getting buffed?
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

You jump into a ball Zerg and start to kill them with an AOE. A bunch of them zap back to where they were four seconds back in time. They res the one or two guys that died and run you over.

Magblades are going to be absolutely wicked with it, between that and the shade teleport, there is no reason for one to ever die. Totally rolling one here.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait so it’s a teleport?
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait so it’s a teleport?

Teleport to where you were four seconds ago, with whatever resources and (I assume) status effects you had - minus the ultimate cost.

It had better be an expensive ultimate, like 300+. Or I’m going to abuse it so bad...
    Edited by Minalan on March 22, 2018 12:30AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Wait so it’s a teleport?

Teleport to where you were four seconds ago, with whatever resources and (I assume) status effects you had - minus the ultimate cost.

It had better be an expensive ultimate, like 300+. Or I’m going to abuse it so bad...

The issue won't be with solo players, you cant give up an ultimate unless maybe you're a gank build and you fail. As always the issue will be in the zerg users.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All it really is, is: restore full health, full mag, full Stam. At best that's what the ult does when you break it down.

Is that OP?

Not really, not unless it has some funky interactions with sets I'm not accounting for.

I guess something like Phoenix: die, Proc set, use ult if it resets set, then you can die again and if enough ult come back again
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you play an utterly ruined class, you don't care about nerfs or balance anymore, thats exactly how I feel about the future of PvP.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These new skills will be decent for pve but it will probably wreck pvp a lot. NBs will be the best utilizer of the skills.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I read was :

- new op skills to grind or ill get wrecked in PVP
    - jewelry to refarm due to new traits
    - no PVP addition

ok... did I miss something or they decided this update would not be for PVP players ?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, undoing time isn't that bad. We've already got experience with it. You know, lag, disconnects, freezes, rollbacks, rubber-banding and Meteor bugs.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'll be overpowered for Zergballs.

I could see it being used maybe for Magicka NBs, but they already have really good ults

Honestly the class I think that will use it the most depending on cost is Magicka Templar.

• Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The reset is an ultimate.

As far as the rest is concerned, it will be fine. Nothing will change aside from everyone having more gear options than before.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seems a bit *** Tbh. Rest ult, earthgore etc is a better reset. It's not even full resources. Its whatever you has 4s ago. For an ult cost.

More a problem to bursty builds.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least its an ultimate I can't see the ball groups using. If it teleports you back in space, I can't imagine it working well in any group that cares about "STAY ON CROWN!" I mean, I can't see "oops, boss, I teleported back where we were" going over too well.

It'll be more effective in small group, 1v1, and disorganized zergs.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine ballgroups all using it after their Earthgore proc is on cooldown...
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    What I read was :

- new op skills to grind or ill get wrecked in PVP
    - jewelry to refarm due to new traits
    - no PVP addition

ok... did I miss something or they decided this update would not be for PVP players ?

I think they’re doing jewelry crafting this expansion no?

We should be able to switch traits (hopefully).

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    The reset is an ultimate.

As far as the rest is concerned, it will be fine. Nothing will change aside from everyone having more gear options than before.

People are exaggerating this a lot in my opinion.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You jump into a ball Zerg and start to kill them with an AOE. A bunch of them zap back to where they were four seconds back in time. They res the one or two guys that died and run you over.

Magblades are going to be absolutely wicked with it, between that and the shade teleport, there is no reason for one to ever die. Totally rolling one here.

Lol. Sounds so good on paper and so useless in real fight scenario. 4 seconds is nothing in most group fights You'll be rolled back to basicly the same place You've been when You used ultimate. You can try to create some fancy scenarios how to combine it with other skills but most of the time You'll end up having similar or even better results without it. As for nb's beeing "wicked with it" I wouldnt create any theories about that since we completly dont know class ballance portion of the update. I would really wait for more informations provided by patch notes to see how much the ability will be worth.
    Edited by Juhasow on March 22, 2018 4:11AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it resets earthgore and if EG stays unchanged lmfao
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its pretty dumb for PVP honestly
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    If this is an ultimate I dont see any problem, as long as it has at least 150 ulti cost.

Chill guys, most people already use an offensive and defensive ulti..
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torbschka wrote: »
    If this is an ultimate I dont see any problem, as long as it has at least 150 ulti cost.

But the lag, how will This ulti work. To be able to rewind to any point the game will constantly be recording your stats at any given time? It just seems wonky and I know it’s going to cause a ton of issues.
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭

But the lag, how will This ulti work. To be able to rewind to any point the game will constantly be recording your stats at any given time? It just seems wonky and I know it’s going to cause a ton of issues.

I see ur point, but this is an technical issue. From a balance point of view I have no problems with that skill - ultis are string and u give up other ultis for that (like resto ulti makes u immortal for 5 seconds etc).
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is like they don't even consider the reality of the game's status when coming up with things. But then, at one point, they said they are very happy with unpopular changes. So...wouldn't surprise me.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait so it’s a teleport?

how do you get a teleport out of the image thats going around?
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What to yall think about meditate and time stop. Meditate might be a new staple for most builds. Time stop seems interesting for zerg fights.

But yeah all this addition and no mention of cyro lag... we're in store for alot of disconnects
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, RNG is a beloved concept in ESO. So the resources you are given after using Undo should be totally randomized. :lol:
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.