The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Any Bets On How Effed PvP Is Post Summerset?

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it will work really well on a full burst mag sorc. I can see replacing lich with another damage set, dropping the monster set to run 2 5 piece on the front bar. Speccing full into spell damage and max magicka. And using this ult to reset the burst. Since meteor is mostly blocked or healed through, the loss of a damage ult would be outweighed by a more dangerous burst.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I think it will work really well on a full burst mag sorc. I can see replacing lich with another damage set, dropping the monster set to run 2 5 piece on the front bar. Speccing full into spell damage and max magicka. And using this ult to reset the burst. Since meteor is mostly blocked or healed through, the loss of a damage ult would be outweighed by a more dangerous burst.

What ?

You don't get it.

The ultimate port you where u was 4s before with you mag/stam and health that's all for now. They didn't said it will reset dots, buffs or remove debuffs. Just you at the position u was and with the ressource u had before.

The time thing is a lore thing. The utimate is basically a shadow image that don't need to be prepare and that give ressources, that's all.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »

What ?

You don't get it.

The ultimate port you where u was 4s before with you mag/stam and health that's all for now. They didn't said it will reset dots, buffs or remove debuffs. Just you at the position u was and with the ressource u had before.

The time thing is a lore thing. The utimate is basically a shadow image that don't need to be prepare and that give ressources, that's all.

I perfectly get it. The ultimate will allow a player to blow all of their resources and then reset them. For example, I drop all of my damage on a player and burn all of my magicka and then active the ultimate and I am back at full resources and ready to drop even more damage on the same player or another player. Not once did I say it would reset my dots or buffs. I said it would allow a mag sorc to drop lich for an extra damage set and use this ultimate for sustain.

When I say "reset the burst" I am saying that you can lineup up a burst combo and then reset your resources to lineup that same burst combo again.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What ?

You don't get it.

I perfectly get it. The ultimate will allow a player to blow all of their resources and then reset them. For example, I drop all of my damage on a player and burn all of my magicka and then active the ultimate and I am back at full resources and ready to drop even more damage on the same player or another player. Not once did I say it would reset my dots or buffs. I said it would allow a mag sorc to drop lich for an extra damage set and use this ultimate for sustain.

When I say "reset the burst" I am saying that you can lineup up a burst combo and then reset your resources to lineup that same burst combo again.

4 seconds is 4 skills with a perfect calculation, in reality it will be 3. Which 3 skills can you burn all of you magicka with? 3 siege shields? 3 purges? You will recover 8-10k magicka at best.
    Edited by Royaji on March 22, 2018 3:03PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

What ?

You don't get it.

4 seconds is 4 skills with a perfect calculation, in reality it will be 3. Which 3 skills can you burn all of you magicka with? 3 siege shields? 3 purges? You will recover 8-10k magicka at best.

That is a fair point. It also gives you stamina and health. I imagine in that 4 seconds you would also be attacked in return, potentially CC'd, losing health and stamina. And 8-10K magicka is a lot. That is a warlock proc without needing to be below a certain % of magicka or running an entire 5 piece set to get it.

It really depends on the ultimate cost and without that this is only speculation. If the ultimate cost is right though, the sustain potential with this ultimate is strong.

Undo aside, the Meditate skill has potential to replace a sustain set on a mag sorc as well. Depends on the amount of resource restore on the skill.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sky is falling even before we have some basic understanding of how things will work.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you die from full health and resources frequently, it'll be a great skill to die again just as quickly!
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan on trying out Undo as a poor man's shadow image to get more mobility on my DKs. Jump off keep, wait for zerg to follow, Undo back up.
  • Yamakaziing
    Yamakaziing
    ✭✭✭
    Your kidding right? Undo button? Omfg please no
  • BrockofPercival
    BrockofPercival
    ✭✭✭
    I bet it launches bugged so when you activate it, it brings you 4 seconds back, with it still being able to be activated. ;)

I don't think they care about PvP balance anymore. They are just doing stuff that they think PvEers will like/want.

As for this, if it is as described, undo buttons are usually pretty powerful in PvP. If everyone is using it, who knows how weird fights will get LOL. Plus, can the engine handle many peeps using the ult a lot in big fights? Will they 'die' but then resurrect due to lag?

Beyond the effect on PvP, I really doubt this will be implemented well. Furthermore, it opens up past cheats like self-rezzing. Did they use ulti or just cheat?

PvP has become all about what is the latest thing that breaks the game. I personally find that makes for horrible PvP combat.
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your kidding right? Undo button? Omfg please no

It's the ultimate of the new skill line lol I wish it was a joke to
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone thinking time rewind is useful for groups seems to lack even a basic level of understanding.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If jewelry crafting gets implemented the way I think theyre going to do it...PvP is effed.

Remember how they nerfed heavy and kept the jewelry in healthy only? EL OH EL.

Tavas/Hist Bark/Bloodspawn all stam
    Ravager/Fury/Troll King with all stam
    Seducer/Magnus/Zaan

I could go on.

The amount of ppl that are either going to live forever, or one shot any new player with ease is going to increase dramatically and will only force ZO$ to nerf everything to appease the already whining base.
    Edited by Moglijuana on March 23, 2018 1:52PM
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    If jewelry crafting gets implemented the way I think theyre going to do it...PvP is effed.

Seducer/Magnus/Zaan

I could go on.

The amount of ppl that are either going to live forever, or one shot any new player with ease is going to increase dramatically and will only force ZO$ to nerf everything to appease the already whining base.

that's only because we don't know the full extent of the new traits. Plus, how do you know they are not going to nerf the max stat traits to make you buy the new chapter?

My bet is, max stat values will be nerfed to make the other traits exciting to use.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Seducer/Magnus/Zaan

I could go on.

that's only because we don't know the full extent of the new traits. Plus, how do you know they are not going to nerf the max stat traits to make you buy the new chapter?

My bet is, max stat values will be nerfed to make the other traits exciting to use.

More than likely. Not too worried about it personally. Approx 2.5k Stam added to a fury/ravager build is like worrying about smoke inhalation while in the fire.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wonder what will happen with Battle Roar when Undo will be used by dk.
    I suspect more bugs.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seducer/Magnus/Zaan

I could go on.

Even if max stat values are adjusted, the possibility of making set combos that defy current game mechanics will make PvP a very difficult place for new players. Perma Block builds will come back, heal bots will have infinite resources, one shot ganks will be back etc.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seducer/Magnus/Zaan

I could go on.

Even if max stat values are adjusted, the possibility of making set combos that defy current game mechanics will make PvP a very difficult place for new players. Perma Block builds will come back, heal bots will have infinite resources, one shot ganks will be back etc.

Well what are the new traits for jewels? We only know about the extra execute dmg.

I think we need to wait for PTS to see exactly how this will impact. I am 50/50 on this; I want jewel crafting to succeed, but also worried they will tip the balance again.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    I suspect more bugs.

I would assume the intention would be to set your stats to 4 sec ago + the resources gained from roar

If it works as intended
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seducer/Magnus/Zaan

I could go on.

Well what are the new traits for jewels? We only know about the extra execute dmg.

I think we need to wait for PTS to see exactly how this will impact. I am 50/50 on this; I want jewel crafting to succeed, but also worried they will tip the balance again.

It all depends how good/bad the new traits are, yes. Just remember that not too long ago there were only 2-3 good traits on gear anyways. The rest were literally useless.

I obviously want jewelry crafting to succeed as well, but given the track record over the past 4 years, my expectations are currently set at 0.
    Edited by Moglijuana on March 23, 2018 5:14PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect more bugs.

I would assume the intention would be to set your stats to 4 sec ago + the resources gained from roar

If it works as intended

but if tater-tot code comes into play; you might have some funky stuff happening.

I'm calling it, battle roar will double dip with this ultimate :P
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The way I see it, they can’t make PvP any worse at this point.

The new chapter might even make it fun again.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect more bugs.

If it works as intended

but if tater-tot code comes into play; you might have some funky stuff happening.

I'm calling it, battle roar will double dip with this ultimate :P

Knowing my luck you will use it, get resources for a split second, then port back 4s and end up with none.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL. How about waiting to see the actual changes before threatening to rage quit etc etc etc
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What ?

You don't get it.

I was thinking that too ... wondering what would happen if someone hit you with prox detonation just as you were casting the ultimate (or 1 second before you cast the ultimate) ... how will going back in time effect prox det? Only your location and resources get reset to 4 seconds prior so I would assume you would still have it on you ... but who knows.

Or, what if you get hit with major defile just as you cast your ultimate ... will you get your resources first, and then the defile kicks in, or will the defile effect the resources you are supposed to get back by going back in time by 4 seconds.

I think between the new skill line and being able to craft jewelry and the changes they are making regarding jewelry traits will shake things up in Cyrodiil quite a bit ... I really thing there will be a big change in pvp meta. We don't even know yet what the new armor sets will be (I'm assuming we will get new dropped armor in the vanilla content, new crafted armor and new armor that drops in the trial).
    Edited by Maryal on March 23, 2018 11:20PM
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »
    Wait so it’s a teleport?

Teleport to where you were four seconds ago, with whatever resources and (I assume) status effects you had - minus the ultimate cost.

It had better be an expensive ultimate, like 300+. Or I’m going to abuse it so bad...

Imagine it buggy and even with full ulti cost, seeing zerglings spamming this ulti till smallscalers go away or another zerg comes in
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old