The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If Psijic Order skill line is ONLY for Chapter Owners is it P2W?

Knowledge
Knowledge
✭✭✭✭✭
Assume for a second that the Psijic Order line is a World Skill line that enhances the player character in some capacity instead of a new class. How will the community react to this? Would you accept it as it is just a skill line for expansion owners or argue it's pay to win assuming it enhances your character in some capacity in combat.

I for some reason doubt it's an entire new class. I feel they will do that with every other Chapter launch.
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would assume anything coming out with the chapter would be chapter exclusive like BGs and warden etc.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The community will react like it always does.

People will scream pay to win and rage about it ignoring the fact the games had advantages for people who paid for DLC/Chapters for almost four years now any way.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If Warden wasnt P2W then this isnt either.

You could claim that any DLC is P2W if you dont have access to the sets, skills or anything else.

I personally wouldnt say its P2W, skill is still and always will be a requirement in ESO. You arent paying for the skil line maxed out, all armour sets etc You're just paying for access to it which is understanble. Devs did put time in effort at the end of the day.
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did I hear necromancers?
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the Warden class line is ONLY for Chapter owners, is it P2W?

Didn't we already have this discussion last year about Wardens? If you say yes/no to Wardens being P2W, you probably think the same thing about the Psijic Order skill line.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is Pay to Play a Different Way
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want it buy it. P2W isn't defined as "everything that's not for free is p2w".
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No no no @Turelus. Half of the forum will say its OP and P2W and the other half will demand buffs because the skills underperform in endgame PvE. ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wardens are already pay2win in pvp. lets see how strong psijics will be
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If vMA and vAS weapons aren't P2W, then the proposed Psijic skill line won't be either.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    No no no Turelus. Half of the forum will say its OP and P2W and the other half will demand buffs because the skills underperform in endgame PvE. ;)
    And all this whilst it's in closed beta meaning it gets nerfed into the ground before it's even released? Sound familiar...
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would accept. You can not expect everything to be free... I will not buy right away though, gonna wait for the community feedback on the new chapter.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, just like Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood were clearly P2W.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh god. It's this discussion all over again. For someone with that username you sure seem to lack it.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't wait for this to start up again like it did with Morrowind lol
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh god. It's this discussion all over again. For someone with that username you sure seem to lack it.

Lmfao on every single one of OP's threads, there's at least one person who makes this comment.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden is not pay to win, it's pay to loose. Same will happen with psijic.
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I would consider it buy to play.
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are not prepared to support this game and pay for the chapter you shouldn't be playing :lol:

Altmer FTW!
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering OP is asking us to assume something then assume something else to come up with essentially an assumption I think this thread will be an entertaining exploration of players imaginations yet still pointless unroll all his assumptions are reality, or not.
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    A skill line being p2w because you need the dlc or chapter for it?

Like Warden class skills?

Like Thieves Guild?

Like Dark Brotherhood?

I suppose that line of reasoning suggests the entire game is p2w since you need to have bought it to access any skill lines at all. :D

@Zhaedri PC NA

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did I hear necromancers?

No. Necromancers don't make noise, they wait for threads to be forgotten, then bring them back to the front page with glorious abandon.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Today on Maury...
  • Knowledge
    Knowledge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Considering OP is asking us to assume something then assume something else to come up with essentially an assumption I think this thread will be an entertaining exploration of players imaginations yet still pointless unroll all his assumptions are reality, or not.

Listen, I am trying to provide interesting and quality content to the community for valid and realistic discussion.
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will depend on what purpose the Psijic Order skill line will serve, I guess. It could be Quality-of-Life improvements in the day-to-day in-game economy.
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love it to be tied to chapter owners only. For cheap folk that want to play an MMORPG for 4 years and spend only 10 euros on it, I say (random incoherent insults) and also (similar tone).
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knowledge wrote: »

Listen, I am trying to provide interesting and quality content to the community for valid and realistic discussion.

The community is quite adept at creating its own, weird, content. I would recommend you focus on participating in the content that exists, and contributing to the discussion there, rather than making your own out of wholecloth. But, you're free to do whatever you've set your mind on. (So long as it's not licking toads and Argonians. That is generally frowned upon.)
    Edited by starkerealm on March 19, 2018 3:54PM
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you bring up a topic that was talked/complained about a YEAR ago with Morrowind? Same exact concept. Same discussion.

I get trying to push conversation but come up with something else, bro. All you are doing are feeding the trolls and confusing newer players into thinking this game is like some mobile app game... now THOSE are P2W.

Edited by MyKillv2.0 on March 19, 2018 3:53PM
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn i'm disappointed : the other day i learned about the "ignore user" feature on this forum, and while it does work for comments, i just realized it doesn't hide discussion threads :'(
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MyKillv2.0 wrote: »

So you bring up a topic that was talked/complained about a YEAR ago with Morrowind? Same exact concept. Same discussion.

I get trying to push conversation but come up with something else, bro. All you are doing are feeding the trolls and confusing newer players into thinking this game is like some mobile app game... now THOSE are P2W.

*Toothy Grin*

That said, context is... kinda, important.
This discussion has been closed.