Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

PC / NA Vivec -- 3/18/18 GG Thread

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Knights of Ni have been an awesome guild helping AD this campaign . It is good to see them in action on Our side . A big thanks to them for their participation . Hopefully we can get a win this round .

Ive had a blast fighting against Ni for a change. I’m not in this much for the score, just the fights.

Before the Ni guys started taking Rayles and Glad every night I was about to quit PVP. Seriously, fighting in the Ash-Nickel gate or the Bleaks-Chal gate night after night was boring me to tears. It’s been exciting tracking down their Zerg, picking off stragglers, and retaking their keeps.

Thanks for keeping things interesting. DC is beset on at least three fronts every night. Red and yellows runaround everywhere in our home territory. I’m like a dog chasing cars on a freeway, there’s so many.... Its fun again.
    Edited by Minalan on March 21, 2018 7:37PM
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see why the numbers of the score should be privileged over the ability of players play the game.

I think thats the difference in how we approach this.

You want the scores to be more accurate and that populations shouldn't be able to swarm the map, thus making it less fun for some players.

I want anyone who wants to play to be able to play at any time, up to the limits of the server (pop-locked), because its no fun at all to sit in queue waiting for the other faction to log on so your faction can get a bigger population.

Score is important, sure. So is the enjoyment of low pop faction players. But why should anyone who wants to log on be prevented from playing short of poplock? Sacrifices must be made for the health of the campaign sounds all well and good when its not your playtime.

In the proposed scenario each and every single player is able to play, and typically even zone into Cyrodiil immediately (except during prime time due to triple pop lock).

How? Have a character in a different faction.

What's a simple relief for those that have only monofaction characters? ZOS can add a faction change option to the crown store. Maybe even give one for free to encourage players to sort out into mostly even buckets.

That is more than sufficient to account for all but a few die hards, and frankly, my belief is that they are a statistically insignificant amount of the population.

I'm one of those faction loyal die-hards, so that doesn't work for me, but I'll admit I'm probably in the minority there.

And if you play during prime time, you wouldn't even notice the change anyways.
    Minalan wrote: »
    Knights of Ni have been an awesome guild helping AD this campaign . It is good to see them in action on Our side . A big thanks to them for their participation . Hopefully we can get a win this round .

Ive had a blast fighting against Ni for a change. I’m not in this much for the score, just the fights.

Before the Ni guys started taking Rayles and Glad every night I was about to quit PVP. Seriously, fighting in the Ash-Nickel gate or the Bleaks-Chal gate night after night was boring me to tears. It’s been exciting tracking down their Zerg, picking off stragglers, and retaking their keeps.

Thanks for keeping things interesting. DC is beset on at least three fronts every night. Red and yellows runaround everywhere in our home territory. I’m like a dog chasing cars on a freeway, there’s so many.... Its fun again.

Hopefully it forces some of the DC guilds to knuckle down and actually improve.

Too many wins of Vivec in a row for DC made some of the prime time guilds pretty easy prey due to complacency.
    Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on March 21, 2018 7:42PM
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And if you play during prime time, you wouldn't even notice the change anyways.

I don't always play at primetime, which is why I'm pointing out my problems with the idea. Because it has the potential to impact me, among others. At primetime, I just expect a queue because of high population, but during the times I can play in the afternoon or early morning, I'd like to be able to play without having to worry about the other faction populations.

(I'm a schoolteacher. During the summer, I've got a lot more time to play than just primetime. It might be that I'm overestimating how much this would impact me, but that's hard to judge without experiencing it.)

• Rainingblood
    Rainingblood
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice if ZOS just went one more level down for the campaign Score. ZOS could separate the campaign score into three 8 hour intervals. Your character is assigned to the campaign score based on when you play the most. So you don't create more servers to play on just segment the score.

PC / NA / Vivec / Primetime

Primetime Scoring (5 PM EST – 1 AM EST) 86% of your playtime
    Night Scoring (1 AM EST – 9 AM EST) 13% of your playtime
    Day Scoring (9 AM EST – 5 PM EST) 1% of your playtime

That would require someone with a level of coding knowledge who is not employed at ZoS.
    Phoebe Anderson
  • Rainingblood
    Rainingblood
    ✭✭✭
    EP won becuss thay best protekterz of wallz and roofz.
    Phoebe Anderson
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP won becuss thay best protekterz of wallz and roofz.

Repair, repair, repair!
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is very disappointing that ZoS has basically thrown their hands in the air when it comes to campaign scoring.

What was the lat thing they did? Make an Elder Scroll worth the same as Chalman Mine - in a game called Elder Scrolls Online - back in, what was it, 2015?

don't you dare downplay the worth of chalman mine
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    It is very disappointing that ZoS has basically thrown their hands in the air when it comes to campaign scoring.

What was the lat thing they did? Make an Elder Scroll worth the same as Chalman Mine - in a game called Elder Scrolls Online - back in, what was it, 2015?

Chalman Mine, Aleswell farm and Alessia Bridge: hotly contested real estate.
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »

The audacity! the worth of chal mine is not quantifiable by any mortal metric. I for one would back the rebranding of the series to chal mine online. It even rhymes, that is more than you can say about elder scrolls online.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how many people have seen the mini event which occurs if you drop 4 elder scrolls inside the tower at chal mine at the same time.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Crazytalk
    Crazytalk
    ✭✭

Happy we could help. You are a part of why we are here... You guys are just so welcoming and grateful! We disliked supporting DC when there was nobody to check their foul attitude. Ni was created for DC when DC looked very much like AD did upon close of the last campaign.
    Elong wrote: »
    They wont admit it coz its against the pvp creed. I watch the map for most of the day.....faction stackers rule......sure the small groups help but ep and ad are better at faction stacking than dc right now....

That's because the foul attitude in your faction drives everyone from it, no wonder you can't stack like you used to.

Miss ya Elong!

Moving over to AD this campaign we were shocked as to how mentally beaten the AD faction was. They seemed and often still seem too scared to push the map for fear of retaliation. We were equally surprised as to how friendly and welcoming AD have been to accept us as a contribution to their fight. The culture is for the moment very friendly in banana land and we enjoy seeing their spirits lifted.

We also wish we could have everyone we miss with us. Running new toons and trying to sync our group synergy is very challenging on a yellow faction when our alts are largely blue...anyways...

The discussion around server prime time is old. My interpretation is shared by a few though it's just my take... If you are in NA you will have the least amount of latency connecting to the NA server. Right now... if you are oceanic you will also have the best connection on that server. That's it. Prime time is an abstract concept without a game mechanic because it is subjective and entirely based on your chosen schedule rather than your location.

Cheers n stuff,

Abah

Abah
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The side that has the best PvResource strategy at the 10 minute mark before scoring ticks will win the campaign.

Resources are worth 54 points in this game, keeps 18, and scrolls 6 (lol) notwithstanding the double points for home keeps/resources.

I don't know why the easiest targets in PvP are worth the same as the hardest ones on the scoreboard.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    The side that has the best PvResource strategy at the 10 minute mark before scoring ticks will win the campaign.

Resources are worth 54 points in this game, keeps 18, and scrolls 6 (lol) notwithstanding the double points for home keeps/resources.

I don't know why the easiest targets in PvP are worth the same as the hardest ones on the scoreboard.

Keeps should be worth 3 points base and Scrolls should be 6 points base.

IMO.

Resources need to be less important. Keep the 1 for 1 scoring on Shor. On Vivec the scrolls need to matter a lot more.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazytalk wrote: »
    Prime time is an abstract concept without a game mechanic because it is subjective and entirely based on your chosen schedule rather than your location.

Definition of prime time
    1 : the time period when the television or radio audience is the largest; also : television shows shown in prime time
    2 : the choicest or busiest time

It's clearly defined, it doesn't refer to any individuals chosen schedule. It is the time when the greatest number of people are partaking of whatever the subject matter is, in this case PvP in Cyrodiil. It's not about when I play, or you play, or any other individual plays. It is about when the most individuals play concurrently. That is prime time.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

danno8 wrote: »

Keeps should be worth 3 points base and Scrolls should be 6 points base.

IMO.

Resources need to be less important. Keep the 1 for 1 scoring on Shor. On Vivec the scrolls need to matter a lot more.

maybe make it so resources only count to the score if you have the keep they are associated with. i dunno, i really hate that resource game.
    Invictus
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how many people have seen the mini event which occurs if you drop 4 elder scrolls inside the tower at chal mine at the same time.

If all three factions to work together, we can get all 6 scrolls there. The lag will be both amazing and terrible, but it will be worth it.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche