The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PC / NA Vivec -- 3/18/18 GG Thread

• GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best faction stackers will always win
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is not true . Even though I was gone last campaign , I know if EP won that they spread out and grabbed resource points every evaluation to have caught up to that pop gap point lead AD started with . The best faction coordinators always win . DC has been faction stacking recently and losing points for this .
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It mostly comes down to map control during off-hours. A single guild double gating the map against low pop is a weeks worth of prime time victories. Faction stacking only works if you win the night-cap game, as you wont have the extra points to forfeit to the weakest faction while stacking your main competition.
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They wont admit it coz its against the pvp creed. I watch the map for most of the day.....faction stackers rule......sure the small groups help but ep and ad are better at faction stacking than dc right now....
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but ep and ad are better at faction stacking than dc right now....

This is... just not true.

I do not think you define “faction stacking” the same as the rest of us do.
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy to disagree with u
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They wont admit it coz its against the pvp creed. I watch the map for most of the day.....faction stackers rule......sure the small groups help but ep and ad are better at faction stacking than dc right now....

It’s not faction stacking it’s all the small mans in the same area
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DCs success or failure on the scoreboard can almost directly be measured as a parallel to the activity levels of knights of ni. If knights of ni are active during oceanic periods DC scores well. If not.. They don't. Change my mind.

And now they play AD I don't see DC winning another campaign for a while.
    Edited by Vilestride on March 21, 2018 1:13AM
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's because the foul attitude in your faction drives everyone from it, no wonder you can't stack like you used to.
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy to agree with you Elong, it is appalling.......I wish it would improve, the attitude that is.
    Edited by GlorphNoldorin on March 21, 2018 5:33AM
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happy to agree with you Elong, it is appalling.......I wish it would improve, the attitude that is.

I enjoyed playing with you over on DC for a couple of months Glorph, hopefully it improves, not everyone over there is a ***.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knights of Ni have been an awesome guild helping AD this campaign . It is good to see them in action on Our side . A big thanks to them for their participation . Hopefully we can get a win this round .
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knights of Ni have been an awesome guild helping AD this campaign . It is good to see them in action on Our side . A big thanks to them for their participation . Hopefully we can get a win this round .

It's been re-iterated 20 times already but yes, having uncontested organised oceanic guild presence is almost the sole condition to winning campaigns under the current scoring system. Prime time scoring is almost irrelevant.
    Edited by Vilestride on March 21, 2018 8:32AM
  • Fyaal
    Fyaal
    ✭✭✭
    Goshua wrote: »
    Grats to EP even though I think most of you just like pissing AD off more than anything.

Am I wrong thinking that the DC that used to pvpdoor to emp and beyond while the <20 ad left on the server try to do..something, anything..are now playing EP? Seems so.

Trust me, this EP prefers stomping smurfs far more than squishing bananas.

This one thinks you've been reading too many Telel posts.

Damnit now this EP is doing it too!
    Fyaal - EP Stam DK Grand Overlord
    Invictus
    Nexus Haxus
    Hijinx
    IR
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fyaal wrote: »
    Goshua wrote: »
    Grats to EP even though I think most of you just like pissing AD off more than anything.

Am I wrong thinking that the DC that used to pvpdoor to emp and beyond while the <20 ad left on the server try to do..something, anything..are now playing EP? Seems so.

Trust me, this EP prefers stomping smurfs far more than squishing bananas.

This one thinks you've been reading too many Telel posts.

Damnit now this EP is doing it too!

Theeeeees waaaaan knows what can help you.

Skooma?

*offers bottle*

Ahem.

Anyways.

The way I see it, no matter who wins, as long as DC is in 3rd place, everyone wins.

Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on March 21, 2018 2:39PM
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The bigger issue is off hours

I had a late shift last week and was home at 10am EST. Vivec entire map was red with the exception of two AD gate keeps and both of DC gate keeps burst by EP that turned red before I logged

DC had two bars of pop, about 15 people total up to, EP had two full raids. Organized raids PV dooring the map.

Look DC and AD are guilty of PVdooring too, but I really think they need to lower the score ticks the less people there are online and actually freeze the scoreboard of the over pop faction on a 15-30 minute rotating check

EP was pop locked against two bars of DC and Two bars of AD...what are you really supposed to do?

People can still fight over keeps, crown emp, and take scrolls, but freeze the damn scoreboard from the hours of 1am EST till 6pm EST Monday - Friday. Weekends is not the problem, Score can be unfrozen 24/7 from Friday at 6pm EST till Monday at 1 Am EST

Campaigns are won or lost by who can or can not pvdoor a map during off hours...it’s really sad it’s come to this

Off hours = other people's prime time. That freeze you want? Those are hours some people can play.

Sorry, time zones are a thing and Cyrodiil doesn't shut down when most people in North America go to bed. As an EP player, I try really hard not to complain when AD's early morning crew is on because I know that's when they can play. If you want to complain about EP's Oceanic crew, maybe you should realize that's when they can play and concentrate on recruiting some Oceanic players yourself?

If you can manage to come up with a solution that doesn't involve penalizing people who can't play during the North American daylight hours, I'd love to hear it. So far no one's managed to come up with one. Otherwise, take your "score freeze because me and my North American friends are sleeping" and shove it. I really can't stand people who argue that their time zone is the be-all, end-all of Cyrodiil scoring like its not a 24-hour server for a global population of players.

I’d the server not named PC-North America? It isn’t PC-global, it isn’t PC-EU, and it isn’t PC-Oceanic

North America has 4 primary time zones...Eastern, Central, Mountain, and Pacific. (More if you want to get technical with Alaska time, etc)

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zone/usa

Those other time zones don’t matter. When it’s daylight here in North America it’s night time prime time in Europe. That’s the reason ZOS made a damn European server in the first place, and to be technical they need to open up an oceanic server and allow those people to transfer so they can all play in their preferred time.

All pvdooring a map when most of the servers population is at work in North America does is kill campaigns. It’s supposed to be a North American server for people in the North American time zones just like the EU server is for folks in their time zones.

Freezing the scoreboard during certain hours does not prevent anyone from playing. They can still take keeps, take scrolls, crown EMP, and earn AP and rewards, and still get continuous attack buffs and O and D ticks, just the score board won’t move during those hours but the AP rankings will still work as they always have

I’m sorry but it’s not unreasonable to want active competition. According to your logic it would be perfectly fine to win the Super Bowl or the NBA finals while the opposing team is in bed at night or hadn’t made the bus trip to town yet.

The content night capping since 2014 has done nothing but been detrimental to pvp, and I’m sorry you can’t stand people who think their time zone is the only one that matters, but’s a North American server by name is it not?

But let’s be real ZOS needs an Oceanic server that would put a stop to this off hours cappping by zeros on both PC NA and PC Eu but I doubt that’s going to happen so campaign will continue to be won and lost by who can pvdoor the map the most during off hours...so much for real competition
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I had a late shift last week and was home at 10am EST. Vivec entire map was red with the exception of two AD gate keeps and both of DC gate keeps burst by EP that turned red before I logged

DC had two bars of pop, about 15 people total up to, EP had two full raids. Organized raids PV dooring the map.

Look DC and AD are guilty of PVdooring too, but I really think they need to lower the score ticks the less people there are online and actually freeze the scoreboard of the over pop faction on a 15-30 minute rotating check

EP was pop locked against two bars of DC and Two bars of AD...what are you really supposed to do?

People can still fight over keeps, crown emp, and take scrolls, but freeze the damn scoreboard from the hours of 1am EST till 6pm EST Monday - Friday. Weekends is not the problem, Score can be unfrozen 24/7 from Friday at 6pm EST till Monday at 1 Am EST

Campaigns are won or lost by who can or can not pvdoor a map during off hours...it’s really sad it’s come to this

If you can manage to come up with a solution that doesn't involve penalizing people who can't play during the North American daylight hours, I'd love to hear it.
    @VaranisArano
    Our solution is presented on this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/375313/pvp-patch-4-0-0-bringing-the-fight-back-to-cyrodiil-podcast-dracast-episode-5

you can listen to it being discussed and also review the others but in brief:
    The idea is to change the scoring evaluation based on the populations. This doesn't harm players from any timezone it simply scales the scoring to be a ratio of the players involved in making the changes. It makes it so that 20 players who play at one timezone have relatively the same impact on the score as 20 players playing at another based on the other numbers on the campaign. It would obviously need some discussion and trialing:

Here is a picture to illustrate:
    c81MWBo.png
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on March 21, 2018 4:51PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Off hours = other people's prime time. That freeze you want? Those are hours some people can play.

Sorry, time zones are a thing and Cyrodiil doesn't shut down when most people in North America go to bed. As an EP player, I try really hard not to complain when AD's early morning crew is on because I know that's when they can play. If you want to complain about EP's Oceanic crew, maybe you should realize that's when they can play and concentrate on recruiting some Oceanic players yourself?

If you can manage to come up with a solution that doesn't involve penalizing people who can't play during the North American daylight hours, I'd love to hear it. So far no one's managed to come up with one. Otherwise, take your "score freeze because me and my North American friends are sleeping" and shove it. I really can't stand people who argue that their time zone is the be-all, end-all of Cyrodiil scoring like its not a 24-hour server for a global population of players.

I’d the server not named PC-North America? It isn’t PC-global, it isn’t PC-EU, and it isn’t PC-Oceanic

North America has 4 primary time zones...Eastern, Central, Mountain, and Pacific. (More if you want to get technical with Alaska time, etc)

Those other time zones don’t matter. When it’s daylight here in North America it’s night time prime time in Europe. That’s the reason ZOS made a damn European server in the first place, and to be technical they need to open up an oceanic server and allow those people to transfer so they can all play in their preferred time.

All pvdooring a map when most of the servers population is at work in North America does is kill campaigns. It’s supposed to be a North American server for people in the North American time zones just like the EU server is for folks in their time zones.

Freezing the scoreboard during certain hours does not prevent anyone from playing. They can still take keeps, take scrolls, crown EMP, and earn AP and rewards, and still get continuous attack buffs and O and D ticks, just the score board won’t move during those hours but the AP rankings will still work as they always have

I’m sorry but it’s not unreasonable to want active competition. According to your logic it would be perfectly fine to win the Super Bowl or the NBA finals while the opposing team is in bed at night or hadn’t made the bus trip to town yet.

The content night capping since 2014 has done nothing but been detrimental to pvp, and I’m sorry you can’t stand people who think their time zone is the only one that matters, but’s a North American server by name is it not?

But let’s be real ZOS needs an Oceanic server that would put a stop to this off hours cappping by zeros on both PC NA and PC Eu but I doubt that’s going to happen so campaign will continue to be won and lost by who can pvdoor the map the most during off hours...so much for real competition

At the same time Americans can also work swing shifts and night shifts and still feel the desire to contribute to the scoreboard. You have to be careful when implementing a sweeping solution.

IMO, a better middle ground has always been dynamic population locks. The most population a faction can have should be tied to the least populated faction of the three. This should force stacked populations (such as the infamous pop lock of one, 2 bars of the others or less) to spread out amongst the three factions somewhat equally to allow everyone to play.

After that, if a guild is able to dominate against an equal population that's ok. It's ok for people to lose a fair fight, that's how things go. Maybe it'll drive the other factions to create their own overnight guilds, which would be good for the game.

But first, the population distribution needs to be fair.
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This means very little, in my opinion. During NA prime time there are battles raging and keeps changing hands and it's pretty fun. Then everyone logs off and some faction paints the map during the dead hours of late night-early morning.

Makes the whole thing kinda of pointless.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Agrippa_Invisus

Now that is a perfect compromise! I would be 100% satisfied with. As long as the numbers are close I’m good with it.

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will keep beating this drum periodically.
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    One simple way to reduce the impact that night capping has on the score in Cyrodiil would be to make the objectives worth 10 points a piece instead of 1 point a piece.
    They would be worth this amount of points when all factions were pop locked. Every bar under all 3 being pop locked would reduce the value by 10 %.
    So we will say all 3 pop locked has a value of 12 bars (4 bars per faction) and no one on has a value of 3 bars (1 bar per faction).
    Scoring weight would be thus
    12 bars 100%
    11 bars 90%
    10 bars 80%
    9 bars 70%
    8 bars 60%
    7 bars 50%
    6 bars 40%
    5 bars 30%
    4 bars 20%
    3 bars 10%
    While it would not stop night capping it would reduce the effect of night capping on the score.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is very disappointing that ZoS has basically thrown their hands in the air when it comes to campaign scoring.

What was the lat thing they did? Make an Elder Scroll worth the same as Chalman Mine - in a game called Elder Scrolls Online - back in, what was it, 2015?
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is very disappointing that ZoS has basically thrown their hands in the air when it comes to campaign scoring.

What was the lat thing they did? Make an Elder Scroll worth the same as Chalman Mine - in a game called Elder Scrolls Online - back in, what was it, 2015?

Back in the days of the early Thornblade campaigns, EP strategy used to be about holding 3 or more scrolls at any time over and above map control. It worked and we won several campaigns that way. Back when they were worth 15 points each, while a keep was 5 and a resource was 1 (so a scroll was worth three keeps).

That strategy does not work now. Scrolls are just kick me signs to make the pugs all flock to one spot. They're not even really worth the effort to take. I'd rather camp gate keeps to increase the size of my hourly points earning (and farm AP), instead of give those gate keeps back while running the scroll to capture it.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At the same time Americans can also work swing shifts and night shifts and still feel the desire to contribute to the scoreboard. You have to be careful when implementing a sweeping solution.

IMO, a better middle ground has always been dynamic population locks. The most population a faction can have should be tied to the least populated faction of the three. This should force stacked populations (such as the infamous pop lock of one, 2 bars of the others or less) to spread out amongst the three factions somewhat equally to allow everyone to play.

After that, if a guild is able to dominate against an equal population that's ok. It's ok for people to lose a fair fight, that's how things go. Maybe it'll drive the other factions to create their own overnight guilds, which would be good for the game.

I only play EP. Yeah, I'm a faction loyalist. So this solution means that if AD has the lowest population at one bar, I have to wait for more AD players to log in, right? Otherwise I'm stuck in queue when I used to be able to get in and play, since I refuse to go play DC or AD so I can get in to PVP

No thanks.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Make an Oceanic Server and I'm right with you. Saying that Oceanic players on the current PC/NA server don't count when that's their only option to play is a jerk move. Until ZOS makes an oceanic server (and accounts for North American night shift players too...), I'm not okay with discounting their efforts.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I only play EP. Yeah, I'm a faction loyalist. So this solution means that if AD has the lowest population at one bar, I have to wait for more AD players to log in, right? Otherwise I'm stuck in queue when I used to be able to get in and play, since I refuse to go play DC or AD so I can get in to PVP

No thanks.

I've only ever played one faction myself.

In this instance, the need for balance outweighs the desires (note, not a need) of the few. And, to be very frank, the players that would be most affected are part of the problem, consistently choosing to faction stack instead of going for fairer fights.

For the vast majority of players, there would be no noticeable change. This would only affect a faction that has a disproportionate population advantage during off hours.

ZOS could even make a few bucks by instituting a faction change option in the crown store. Blizzard / WoW's been making money off that for years now, why shouldn't ZOS?
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if ZOS just went one more level down for the campaign Score. ZOS could separate the campaign score into three 8 hour intervals. Your character is assigned to the campaign score based on when you play the most. So you don't create more servers to play on just segment the score.

PC / NA / Vivec / Primetime

Primetime Scoring (5 PM EST – 1 AM EST) 86% of your playtime
    Night Scoring (1 AM EST – 9 AM EST) 13% of your playtime
    Day Scoring (9 AM EST – 5 PM EST) 1% of your playtime

Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
    Crispen Longbow-EP - Ebonheart Pact (EP): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Red VE)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why the numbers of the score should be privileged over the ability of players play the game.

I think thats the difference in how we approach this.

You want the scores to be more accurate and that populations shouldn't be able to swarm the map, thus making it less fun for some players.

I want anyone who wants to play to be able to play at any time, up to the limits of the server (pop-locked), because its no fun at all to sit in queue waiting for the other faction to log on so your faction can get a bigger population.

Score is important, sure. So is the enjoyment of low pop faction players. But why should anyone who wants to log on be prevented from playing short of poplock? Sacrifices must be made for the health of the campaign sounds all well and good when its not your playtime.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see why the numbers of the score should be privileged over the ability of players play the game.

You want the scores to be more accurate and that populations shouldn't be able to swarm the map, thus making it less fun for some players.

I want anyone who wants to play to be able to play at any time, up to the limits of the server (pop-locked), because its no fun at all to sit in queue waiting for the other faction to log on so your faction can get a bigger population.

Score is important, sure. So is the enjoyment of low pop faction players. But why should anyone who wants to log on be prevented from playing short of poplock? Sacrifices must be made for the health of the campaign sounds all well and good when its not your playtime.

In the proposed scenario each and every single player is able to play, and typically even zone into Cyrodiil immediately (except during prime time due to triple pop lock).

How? Have a character in a different faction.

What's a simple relief for those that have only monofaction characters? ZOS can add a faction change option to the crown store. Maybe even give one for free to encourage players to sort out into mostly even buckets.

That is more than sufficient to account for all but a few die hards, and frankly, my belief is that they are a statistically insignificant amount of the population.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In the proposed scenario each and every single player is able to play, and typically even zone into Cyrodiil immediately (except during prime time due to triple pop lock).

How? Have a character in a different faction.

What's a simple relief for those that have only monofaction characters? ZOS can add a faction change option to the crown store. Maybe even give one for free to encourage players to sort out into mostly even buckets.

That is more than sufficient to account for all but a few die hards, and frankly, my belief is that they are a statistically insignificant amount of the population.

I'm one of those faction loyal die-hards, so that doesn't work for me, but I'll admit I'm probably in the minority there.