The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC / NA Vivec -- 3/18/18 GG Thread

Agrippa_Invisus
Agrippa_Invisus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
PC NA Vivec has ended once again and the standings are now set.

Congrats to everyone who fought and played. GG and thanks for showing up.

GG to the victors and the second place team.

To the third place team -- really need to work on things for next month.
Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on March 18, 2018 2:44PM
Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
Once a General, now a Citizen
Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone screenshot the final scoring? I missed the campaign end.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a very close campaign. Far closer than we've had for almost a year now.

If the dumbminion could just keep a consistent population going during the mid afternoon spots then Khajiit thinks we have a shot at winning again.

Especially since it seems a certain faction has yet to learn that putting half your locked faction in one spot on the map is not a winning strategy. Especially when that spot is on the opposite side of the map from the guys in first place who also have the emp hat.

Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Telel wrote: »

If the dumbminion could just keep a consistent population going during the mid afternoon spots then Khajiit thinks we have a shot at winning again.

Especially since it seems a certain faction has yet to learn that putting half your locked faction in one spot on the map is not a winning strategy. Especially when that spot is on the opposite side of the map from the guys in first place who also have the emp hat.

Helped that you cheated your way to an 800 point lead and blew it. You won't have that handicap this time :D
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I backed out of pvp after the campaign was tainted by the pop bug . Did not want to win because of a early lead from a glitch . Will return now campaign is fresh start .
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There's a reason the 'stack everyone in one spot mindlessly' faction came in third.

Last day of the campaign, with them only 100 points out of second, they continued to slam their faces into the same keep over and over all day to the detriment of their southern keep and their back keeps and were usually down at least one home keep all day.

This allowed the gap between second and third to widen, not shrink, and ended up with them stuck in third.

To be perfectly honest, 1st place was essentially locked in at about 24 hours to go. That 500+ point gap wasn't gonna shrink fast enough for either faction to catch it. Second was still in contention, and it was obvious that the team that ended up with it wanted it more, which the 3rd place faction seemed to believe in the pipe dream that was 1st.

Oh, and since I realize I didn't state the actual standings yet:

1st Place - EP
    2nd Place - AD
    3rd Place - DC

Nice to see AD drag themselves out of the gutter and, while not win, weren't last place for the first time in a while.

While it's easy to praise EP, being one, I think we mostly just played consistently and didn't make as many major mistakes. Booby prize goes to DC for dropping from 1st to 3rd AND generally just playing with pretty terrible map strategy. The constant potatoing at Chalman while ignoring Ash and frequent AD back caps of inner keeps almost assuredly was the primary cause of their loss and the dramatic swap in standing.

I mean, I've seen EP have it bad for Alessia, but we can usually winnow it down to only 10-15 players down there with the rest of EP doing something constructive. The DC obsession with Chalman is something else though.

Hell, even last night there was a 75v75 (or more) fight over Chalman that sparked when three EP players started sieging the north side. Both factions just kept piling on and piling on and piling on until there were players crashing on both sides and eventually the keep got overrun and EP finally retook it. Meanwhile, on the SW side of the map, DC lost considerable ground to AD as well by valuing Chalman higher than everything else.
    Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on March 19, 2018 5:20PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meanwhile, on the SW side of the map, DC lost considerable ground to AD as well by valuing Chalman higher than everything else.
    We have to make headway against DC while they potato into Chalman. Once they cap that jewel, they turn their baleful eye southward and bum rush us at Ash, Nikel, Brindle, and Roebeck. Unfortunately AD as a faction isn't as quick to respond to this push as EP is at Chalman. We have frequently shown up to defend at Ash and Nikel to have our group (12ish) plus 8-10 others get facerolled by 50-60+. Once we get better at responding to these surges I think AD will be in a better position.

Friggin' Vlastarus though, so quick to turn blue. They respawn in our back lines and hit one of four different major targets.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think DC are starting to learn. Once you lose Ash, home keeps are next, then your scrolls. AD typically won’t stop trying to take Ash until kicked out of Nickel.

AD had some good teams trashing DC home turf, on top of that, EP decided they would push all of the way to Aleswell.

The good news is, the bad players got sick of losing and left the queue to allow better people to finally get in and fix the mess. We got the scroll back, kicked The AD ball groups out of Glad and Rayles, then started back on the ring keeps. Good players know that losing is actually fun, and enjoy the challenge.

As for the ‘faction stacking’. Let’s not toss that accusation around lightly. It’s not a proper AD push on Ash until they bring enough people to drive your ping to 1500 ms.
    Edited by Minalan on March 19, 2018 7:25PM
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    I think DC are starting to learn. Once you lose Ash, home keeps are next, then your scrolls. AD typically won’t stop trying to take Ash until kicked out of Nickel.

AD had some good teams trashing DC home turf, on top of that, EP decided they would push all of the way to Aleswell.

The good news is, the bad players got sick of losing and left the queue to allow better people to finally get in and fix the mess.

As for the ‘faction stacking’. Let’s not toss that accusation around lightly. It’s not a proper AD push on Ash until they drive your ping to 1500 ms.

The references are to the nightly (sometimes more frequent) smurf village that appears at Chalman and to the large afternoon guild that DC has that picks up a bunch of "innocent" players from "abroad" and then piles them together and runs around capping whatever they want willy nilly without caring what's going on at home.

Sure, those 40-50 DC will usually take that empty, PVDoored keep, but they can't defend anything because there are no random DC left to defend. I've seen DC get double gated while they plod from BB to BM to flip empty keeps they have no intention of holding.

It's the mindlessness of it.

I've seen DC continue to attack a red Chalman even after Aleswell/Glademist changes color from blue to something else, when the right move is to peel off that and go defend your home stuff. Not like the DC lose anything by leaving. The only thing that might get flipped is Chal Mine and maybe Bleakers, which are worth a combined 3 total points to DC.
    Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on March 19, 2018 7:27PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The good news is, the bad players got sick of losing and left the queue to allow better people to finally get in and fix the mess.

As for the ‘faction stacking’. Let’s not toss that accusation around lightly. It’s not a proper AD push on Ash until they drive your ping to 1500 ms.

The references are to the nightly (sometimes more frequent) smurf village that appears at Chalman and to the large afternoon guild that DC has that picks up a bunch of "innocent" players from "abroad" and then piles them together and runs around capping whatever they want willy nilly without caring what's going on at home.

Sure, those 40-50 DC will usually take that empty, PVDoored keep, but they can't defend anything because there are no random DC left to defend. I've seen DC get double gated while they plod from BB to BM to flip empty keeps they have no intention of holding.

It's the mindlessness of it.

I've seen DC continue to attack a red Chalman even after Aleswell/Glademist changes color from blue to something else, when the right move is to peel off that and go defend your home stuff. Not like the DC lose anything by leaving. The only thing that might get flipped is Chal Mine and maybe Bleakers, which are worth a combined 3 total points to DC.

Yeah, Chal is our bridge. Last night AD had dozens of guys fighting on the bridge while EP took their gate keeps. It happens. :lol:

This one is leveling an AD Sorc, because fighting impossible odds and cleaning up ridiculous messes is more interesting than fighting in the same two maps spots (Ash gate/Chal gate) over and over again...

AD is a hopeless mess in the time zone slot I play.
    Edited by Minalan on March 19, 2018 7:43PM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The good news is, the bad players got sick of losing and left the queue to allow better people to finally get in and fix the mess. We got the scroll back, kicked The AD ball groups out of Glad and Rayles, then started back on the ring keeps. Good players know that losing is actually fun, and enjoy the challenge.

As for the ‘faction stacking’. Let’s not toss that accusation around lightly. It’s not a proper AD push on Ash until they bring enough people to drive your ping to 1500 ms.

Speaking about the queue. Ever since the cross group queueing fix, the queue has been cut in half. It really does look like a lot of people were trying to abuse the queue system.

• Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

Speaking about the queue. Ever since the cross group queueing fix, the queue has been cut in half. It really does look like a lot of people were trying to abuse the queue system.

The curious thing is that the queues have dropped for every faction.
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grats to EP even though I think most of you just like pissing AD off more than anything.

Am I wrong thinking that the DC that used to pvpdoor to emp and beyond while the <20 ad left on the server try to do..something, anything..are now playing EP? Seems so.

Edited by Goshua on March 19, 2018 8:29PM
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goshua wrote: »
    Grats to EP even though I think most of you just like pissing AD off more than anything.

Am I wrong thinking that the DC that used to pvpdoor to emp and beyond while the <20 ad left on the server try to do..something, anything..are now playing EP? Seems so.

yes you're wrong in thinking that. the Dc that "PvDoor their way to emp" are still on DC and have even done just that on DC this campaign. it does seem that EP got quite a few of DC's solo/small scale players tho i dunno where ad went.
    Edited by Lucky28 on March 19, 2018 8:51PM
    Invictus
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vilestride wrote: »
    Ackwalan wrote: »

The curious thing is that the queues have dropped for every faction.

A member of Dracarys would ask me frequently to queue him as AD. He stopped when I called him out on it.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Trust me, this EP prefers stomping smurfs far more than squishing bananas.
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »

yes you're wrong in thinking that. the Dc that "PvDoor their way to emp" are still on DC and have even done just that on DC this campaign. it does seem that EP got quite a few of DC's solo/small scale players tho i dunno where ad went.

well the maps red in the wee hours and if your talking about IA they run during the day. (NA evening i assume)

Edited by Goshua on March 19, 2018 9:41PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At least for me, my Kill Counter has 2/3 DC and 1/3rd AD, so regardless of who I enjoy squishing, I know who I spend more time fighting.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The bigger issue is off hours

I had a late shift last week and was home at 10am EST. Vivec entire map was red with the exception of two AD gate keeps and both of DC gate keeps burst by EP that turned red before I logged

DC had two bars of pop, about 15 people total up to, EP had two full raids. Organized raids PV dooring the map.

Look DC and AD are guilty of PVdooring too, but I really think they need to lower the score ticks the less people there are online and actually freeze the scoreboard of the over pop faction on a 15-30 minute rotating check

EP was pop locked against two bars of DC and Two bars of AD...what are you really supposed to do?

People can still fight over keeps, crown emp, and take scrolls, but freeze the damn scoreboard from the hours of 1am EST till 6pm EST Monday - Friday. Weekends is not the problem, Score can be unfrozen 24/7 from Friday at 6pm EST till Monday at 1 Am EST

Campaigns are won or lost by who can or can not pvdoor a map during off hours...it’s really sad it’s come to this
    Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on March 19, 2018 11:40PM
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a late shift last week and was home at 10am EST. Vivec entire map was red with the exception of two AD gate keeps and both of DC gate keeps burst by EP that turned red before I logged

DC had two bars of pop, about 15 people total up to, EP had two full raids. Organized raids PV dooring the map.

Look DC and AD are guilty of PVdooring too, but I really think they need to lower the score ticks the less people there are online and actually freeze the scoreboard of the over pop faction on a 15-30 minute rotating check

EP was pop locked against two bars of DC and Two bars of AD...what are you really supposed to do?

People can still fight over keeps, crown emp, and take scrolls, but freeze the damn scoreboard from the hours of 1am EST till 6pm EST Monday - Friday. Weekends is not the problem, Score can be unfrozen 24/7 from Friday at 6pm EST till Monday at 1 Am EST

Campaigns are won or lost by who can or can not pvdoor a map during off hours...it’s really sad it’s come to this

Off hours = other people's prime time. That freeze you want? Those are hours some people can play.

Sorry, time zones are a thing and Cyrodiil doesn't shut down when most people in North America go to bed. As an EP player, I try really hard not to complain when AD's early morning crew is on because I know that's when they can play. If you want to complain about EP's Oceanic crew, maybe you should realize that's when they can play and concentrate on recruiting some Oceanic players yourself?

If you can manage to come up with a solution that doesn't involve penalizing people who can't play during the North American daylight hours, I'd love to hear it. So far no one's managed to come up with one. Otherwise, take your "score freeze because me and my North American friends are sleeping" and shove it. I really can't stand people who argue that their time zone is the be-all, end-all of Cyrodiil scoring like its not a 24-hour server for a global population of players.
    Edited by VaranisArano on March 19, 2018 11:50PM
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

Helped that you cheated your way to an 800 point lead and blew it. You won't have that handicap this time :D

Telel is innocent of any wrong doing. Especially as they are never on the bridge for more than the time required to murder their way over it onto actual PVP.

Also this one will note that a certain other faction has won multiple campaigns by being the guys who PVdoor everything held by the 2 bar factio0n, and almost nothing of the one that has equal numbers.

While having a locked population....

So if anyone is a 'cheater'.....

So basically the bloops and griffs need to stop zerging?

Also the difference between the dumbminion and bloops is that we do it with five people in a desperate attempt to outrun the fifty strong 'small man' that hits empty keeps on a daily schedule.

And just a reminder that while it takes a minimum of fifteen bloops to take an empty keep...

The dumbminion does with two. And against defenders no less.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The reason that DC have been pushed back late at night is because the best players playing in that time slot have been bullied and abused to the point that they have switched factions. Your loss DC.
  • wildbear247
    wildbear247
    ✭✭✭
    The reason that EP & AD won this campaign is they had the more robust population over the course of 24 hours. What I observed during this campaign is that DC's strongest presence was during prime time in NA, which was balanced by a strong AD & EP presence during the same time. However after around roughly 10 p.m PST NA, the DC population would dwindle, but AD & EP would still have a strong presence on the board. And not just regular pugs but strong guild groups, for example, TKG would run during that time frame for AD, and TKG is arguably the best ball group currently in the game. DC had no guild groups to counter the AD & EP guild groups that would run during that time frame, and therefore AD & EP would control the map. Also should be noted that the guild Knights of Ni went from DC to AD, & they had a particular bent for focusing DC due to their dislike for Chuck Norris.

@Agrippa_Invisus ...yes DC loves Chalamo, but DC were too often down in AD territory, in part due to the feud with Knights of Ni. Too often we should have focused 1st place EP instead of taking 3rd place AD's stuff, which contributed to our last place finish.

All in all I still had fun, but if DC has no guild groups to counter AD & EP strong guilds during non-NA primetime, then we DC have an uphill battle trying to grab 1st & 2nd. Will be interesting to see how this next campaign unfolds.

*Edit for typos*
    Edited by wildbear247 on March 20, 2018 6:48AM
    PC NA
    The Ironwood Clan (all DC): Karbal Ironwood (Stamblade, PvP); Galtan Ironwood (Magblade, crafter, PvE, some PvP)

MY #1 ESO REQUEST: An overhauled way in which ZOS gathers, assesses, responds to, and incorporates player feedback on the current and future state of the game.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played on all three factions today, and the zone chat in all three were the same. The other two factions are stacking against us.
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best faction stackers won
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best faction stackers won

Well, of course! DC never faction stacks or zergs - those are all 4-man small groups, just all in the same place. As for AD, if they aren't fighting at the Alessia to BRK corridor, its like "Where is their faction, anyway? I don't see crossed swords on the DC side of things, do we need to guard Drake again?"
  • Damien_Uvirith
    Vilestride wrote: »
    Anyone screenshot the final scoring? I missed the campaign end.

https://imgur.com/a/nRf27
    Edited by Damien_Uvirith on March 20, 2018 3:08PM
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is common sentiment for players that started on bloodthorn

rip decibel
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »

There will never be enough dead smurfs to make up for Bloodthorn.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s not a true DC faction stack unless they crash the server on an empty keep.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »

There will never be enough dead smurfs to make up for Bloodthorn anything.

FTFY
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP