The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Have you purchased additional outfit slots?

• Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m a fashionista whenever I play any game, but Zeni make a really stupid decision (again) with the pricing for these, so hell no.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • saruhrose1
    saruhrose1
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I'd known it didn't apply to ALL characters before I purchased one. 1000 crowns for it to only be on one character. Greedy much?
    Edited by saruhrose1 on March 16, 2018 1:42PM
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The per-character outfit slot bs is diliberately misleading to get people to buy it.

Thankfully for PC users there's an addon that lets you save outfits so as long you've got the gold, you don't have to screw around with trying to remember every style, weight, and dye when you wanna change between outfits, and it saves you $15 that can be used on a better game :D
  • CelestialSlayer
    CelestialSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    No and I never will.
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread can serve as a little example. If 8% of people purchased them and 89% did not because of the price (at the time of writing this comment).

If say 1,000 slots were sold currently at the 1500 Crown Price point (or $15), then ZoS made $15,000. Not bad for an outfit slot.

However, using the numbers from this survey, at a more reasonable 300 Crown (or $3) price point, ZoS instead would have sold a total of 12,375 and made $37,125.

Considering an outfit slot had a fixed cost to produce, which would have been the smarter way to go? I really believe ZoS cost themselves A LOT of money with this ludicrous price on a single outfit slot.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If say 1,000 slots were sold currently at the 1500 Crown Price point (or $15), then ZoS made $15,000. Not bad for an outfit slot.

However, using the numbers from this survey, at a more reasonable 300 Crown (or $3) price point, ZoS instead would have sold a total of 12,375 and made $37,125.

Except there are absolutely no dollar amounts involved. Because again... not discount retail.

Outfit slots are priced to take crowns out of circulation. ZOS has already leased quite a bit of those out and cannot lease more until people use what they've already acquired. They know how many crowns are out there and thus how to price their services.

Outfit slots are also a low priority item. Despite the possibility to unlock 135 more, most people will only consider one. So don't let the high capacity fool you. It's just there so it never has to be touched again. If a small percentage of players acquire one outfit slot sometime during the lifetime of the game, the service works at its current cost.

People are treating this like it's a game-ending, revenue-crushing failure for ZOS if they don't crater the price and "sell" a lot of these. It's not. It's just one more service in a whole catalog of services.

I'd call this beating a dead horse, but the horse is at a beach bar somewhere sipping a mai tai. There's literally nothing to beat. That's why I find it a little funny.
    signing off
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not being account wide and being 1500 crowns each means me getting any are a big fat no. If they were account wide, I'd get several. If the price was 1/10th and still single-character-only, I'd get a bunch for my favourite characters.

1500 crowns = $15 (yes yes, getting higher amounts of crowns means more crowns for your dollar, but 1 cent USD each makes it easy for me to decide whether something is worth it)

$15 for one extra outfit slot for one character? Ahahahahaha, NO.
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought three - saw they weren't account wide. Proceeded to be unhappy.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »
    Bought three - saw they weren't account wide. Proceeded to be unhappy.

You could probably ask for a refund
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they reduced the cost and made them account wide then sure. But for now? Hell no.
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Except there are absolutely no dollar amounts involved. Because again... not discount retail.

There is no way in game (that I am aware of) to earn Crowns. Crowns therefore have a direct correlation to dollars as that is the only way they are acquired. It is like saying table chips in Vegas have no value because they are not real money.
    Outfit slots are priced to take crowns out of circulation. ZOS has already leased quite a bit of those out and cannot lease more until people use what they've already acquired. They know how many crowns are out there and thus how to price their services.

This is silly if this is how they price items. Like it or not, people inherently assign a value to something and when price exceeds that value they don't buy it. Just because someone may be sitting on 25,000 Crowns does not mean they will plunk down 1500 of them on an outfit slot because they have the Crowns. They still won't because they do not see the value for the price received. So again, this works against the intention if it is to take Crowns out of circulation because the price point is still to high for people to purchase and therefore goes against the objective.

Even taking my previous example, one price point takes 15,000 Crowns out of circulation the other takes 37,125. Again, what would have been the smarter move considering the objective was to take Crowns out of circulation?
    Outfit slots are also a low priority item. Despite the possibility to unlock 135 more, most people will only consider one. So don't let the high capacity fool you. It's just there so it never has to be touched again. If a small percentage of players acquire one outfit slot sometime during the lifetime of the game, the service works at its current cost.

There is enough data available from other MMOs (since this is such a common staple in them) to know this isn't the case. People will acquire numerous slots at a lower price point. The developers of SWTOR, for example, once mentioned the average player had six costume slots - per character.

Also, if a small percentage acquire them but this is less than the total if a large percentage acquired them at a lower cost, per my example, then no, the service doesn't work. This is digital goods. They have a fixed cost to produce and no further cost per item sold. The objective therefore becomes to sell as many as possible. Not price it so high as to limit what revenue you are going to make. As I said before, FortNite is a great example: $5/$10/$20 items and they sell a ton of them as a result.
    People are treating this like it's a game-ending, revenue-crushing failure for ZOS if they don't crater the price and "sell" a lot of these. It's not. It's just one more service in a whole catalog of services.

True that they have a catalog, but each of those adds a dependency to revenue intake. People buy because they feel they are getting value at the price point offered. Continue to strain that dynamic by pricing things so high that people no longer buy because they feel the value isn't there and eventually they will stop buying all together. So ZoS is just hurting that revenue dynamic by continuing on their ever increasing crown prices and reliance on high ticket 4 day sales.

Even though they have a catalog of services, each of those should be priced to maximize what they make from them. The current method, I contend, is costing them a lot of lost revenue.

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see my characters wanting a single outfit that's how they want to look when armoured, and a single costume for off-duty relaxation. The one free slot should be enough.

However, I would like the mechanism to replicated to clothing, so I can mix and match pieces of costumes, and not just take the whole thing. Hats are separate, so why not boots, for example? If that meant a second outfit slot, then I could get tempted.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not until they're account wide.

If they're dead-set on keeping them character-specific they at least need to provide the option to buy them with gold instead. Will never buy with Crowns though until they're account wide.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    prolly not much else to spend my montly crowns and only have two characters
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Ardan147
    Ardan147
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, and I refuse to do so unless they lower the price to something less outrageous.
    This creature called a songbird. What a devious creation! This winged nuisance erodes sanity with its incessant chirping. What a brilliant form of torture!
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As of today:

199 people wont buy outfit slots

19 people purchased some

If we consider 199 people would buy 2 slots if they were account wide that would represent 597 k crowns, but maybe 80% of the people would actually purchase it. That's still 469 k crowns.

If we consider 19 people each purchase an average of 8 slots it is 228 k crowns

They could double their money with reasonable prices AND have happy customers.

PS: Im not sure the people who bought slots , purchased as much as 8, probably less (3-4 average), so ZOS would probably make even more crowns.

PS2: Even if only half the people who voted, purchased an average of 2 slots, that would still make more crowns for ZOS
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No. Too expensive. Also, I don´t need more, for the moment.