The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Have you purchased additional outfit slots?

Ley
Ley
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm curious to see the numbers.
Edited by Ley on March 13, 2018 1:30PM
Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade

Have you purchased additional outfit slots? 238 votes

Yes
8% 21 votes
No
89% 213 votes
Not yet, but I plan to.
1% 4 votes
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is really no need to waste real life money if it's not account wide. If the slots were account wide, then yes I would buy additional slots.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, and with the pricing I very much doubt I will.

If these had been 200-500 each I might have been tempted with it but at $15 a slot it's too much for me, I could buy much more interesting things with that money.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they were available with in-game currency, maybe.

No way currently
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not even account wide :lol:
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Viscous119
    Viscous119
    ✭✭✭
    Nope..never..and not going to happen.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is really no need to waste real life money if it's not account wide. If the slots were account wide, then yes I would buy additional slots.
    This is actually a good point. If they were account wide I would feel much happier with that price. Especially as you would be paying in essence 100 Crowns per character slot.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if I should have added an option for "Yes, because I thought they were account wide."

I admit I almost bought an outfit slot on day 1 because I assumed they were account wide and didn't see any evidence to suggest otherwise. When I saw people complaining about them being per character, I thought they must be spreading misinformation.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have yet to use the 1st one. To be honest it is one feature of the game I have little interest in. I do like the costumes and the ability to dye them but can't seem to get excited for creating my own.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. And while i feel most of the crown items are not worth near what they cost, most people seem to think outfit slots are far to expensive.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pretty much set up one outfit thats not hideous so that whenever I change armor, at most I hide my headslot and I haven't really touched it since.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, and unless the price is dropped I won't purchase any. Not worth it.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question is, did devs ever admit their mistakes?
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • KiraTsukasa
    KiraTsukasa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. My characters are designed based on costumes or armor style and dyeing. I have no desire to make my sword look like a staff or whatever.
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    300 or 400 is a maybe. 1500 crowns is not just no, but hell no.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, and I don't intend to. Even though I would be what can only be considered as whale in terms of spending.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, I haven't and unless the slots become accountwide or are drastically reduced in price I won't. As much as I love outfits, 1500 crowns for a single slot on a single character is just too much.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • MjolnirVilkas
      MjolnirVilkas
      ✭✭✭✭
      I've no need for it really, I've made the outfits for my toons exactly how I wanted. If I want to change the outfit, I'll just change the existing one.

I might consider buying them if they ever become account wide. And even then, the price is a bit steep, but I'm not complaining. Like I said, one per character seems to be enough for me at the moment.
      Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
      The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
    • BloodWolfe
      BloodWolfe
      ✭✭✭✭
      Nope and never will. These prices (amongst some other issues before) but this was the final nail in the coffin that pushed me to cancel my ESO+ and will never purchase crowns again. ZOS has completely lost me as a customer due to their ridiculous and uncontrollable greed! They are now tied with EA in my books and I haven't purchased an EA game in probably a decade now so good job ZO$, I'll never touch anything with your name on it.

This price it should have been account-wide but if they really wanted to keep it "per character" then 200-500 MAX but 1500 is just absurd!
      Edited by BloodWolfe on March 13, 2018 4:43PM
    • czar
      czar
      ✭✭✭✭
      One because I only play one character and I had free crowns that were gifted to me.
      stam scrub
    • Jayne_Doe
      Jayne_Doe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I've only made one outfit for one character, and it was Morag Tong since I had the converter before so it didn't cost me anything.

Right now, I'm trying to get MW furnishing plans and don't really want to be spending extra gold on things that I can do later. Putting a gold cost on the outfits has basically deterred me from even worrying about it at this point since I have other things I'd rather spend my gold on right now.

Plus, I have so many costumes that I can easily change the looks of any of my characters. Since I have ESO+, I can dye them as well. And, they are all ACCOUNT-WIDE! If the extra outfit slots were account-wide, I'd consider buying one in the future, but will NEVER buy any at the current price.

Overall, I'm disappointed with the outfit system because they did such a great job with all the options and customization that they made available, but then they added a gold cost to sell outfit change tokens and outfit slots. Plus, the long-awaited ability to dye weapons can only be done by creating an outfit. While I like that you can change the style and appearance of a weapon with the outfit system, I think that they should have added weapon dyeing of equipped gear to the regular gear dyeing system.
    • Acrolas
      Acrolas
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Most people who purchased them are never going to vote in this poll because they don't have to justify anything to the people who are still irrationally belligerent a month later and are going to turn this into another multipage cluster *** about how they're not getting their way on a service that is probably performing exactly as internally projected.

PS it's spelled ad nauseam not ad nauseum.
      signing off
    • Beamer_Miasma
      Beamer_Miasma
      ✭✭✭
      I got one, because I just renewed my half year plus and was swimming in crowns anyway. However after seeing they are not account wide, I'll run around buck naked before I ever buy another. I have a comfortable amount of money to spend on my entertainment so that's not really a reason not to get them for me, but with just about everything in the game being account wide, including all the things that should not be, this feels like a plain rip-off.
    • RaddlemanNumber7
      RaddlemanNumber7
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      It's just not going to happen
      PC EU
    • Shanjijri
      Shanjijri
      ✭✭✭✭
      Viscous119 wrote: »
      Nope..never..and not going to happen.

^This. Unless it's account wide or cheaper (like 200 crowns).
    • Danikat
      Danikat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I was planning on it, but the price and the fact that they're not account wide put me off.

I haven't completely ruled it out, but I'd have to have 3 looks I really love and want to switch between regularly on one of my characters to justify it. (3 because I'm counting the actual armour as well, I use crafted armour so I could already use whatever known motifs I wanted, the main benefit of outfits is that the armour weight and tier doesn't have to match the stats.)
      PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    • Loralai_907
      Loralai_907
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Like other people have said, it isn't worth the cost to me. Plus, I have a billion costumes, I don't really need to have more variety than I already have. And costumes can be used account wide, so they are a better deal if I want to buy more.
      PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
      Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
    • Pennylong
      Pennylong
      ✭✭✭
      I bought one but never read the description assuming it was account-wide.
    • LadyAstrum
      LadyAstrum
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Acrolas wrote: »
      Most people who purchased them are never going to vote in this poll because they don't have to justify anything to the people who are still irrationally belligerent a month later and are going to turn this into another multipage cluster *** about how they're not getting their way on a service that is probably performing exactly as internally projected.

PS it's spelled ad nauseam not ad nauseum.

There's nothing irrational about not paying for an overpriced "make-your-own-costume" slot. And why should people not express their displeasure? If you don't like it then perhaps save yourself the discomfort and consider refraining from any threads on this topic.
      ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
    • DarcyMardin
      DarcyMardin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Not at this price. If they hadn’t set such a ridiculous fee, I would have bought several outfit slots on each of my accounts.
    • Vaoh
      Vaoh
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If it was 1500 Crowns for an ACCOUNT-WIDE slot then I’d buy 1-2 outfit slots. You know, the way we all thought they’d be before ZOS clarified that tiny little detail.....

No chance I’ll buy them as they currently are.
      Edited by Vaoh on March 14, 2018 12:23AM