The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Have you purchased additional outfit slots?

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't buy them at all with crowns, regardless of how much they were, even if they were account wide. Happy to go and change the one outfit if I feel like it, gold is easy to come by.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LadyAstrum wrote: »
    There's nothing irrational about not paying for an overpriced "make-your-own-costume" slot. And why should people not express their displeasure? If you don't like it then perhaps save yourself the discomfort and consider refraining from any threads on this topic.

You're projecting the same toxicity that makes this polling irrelevant.

And I never said it was irrational to not pay for the slot. I said it was irrational to be complaining about it a month later. You're knocking on the door expecting ZOS to answer as you want, but all I see are bloody knuckles and a disregard for the notion that this topic is done and over.
    signing off
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the cost / value prohibitive.
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even I am not that blind

Not going to happen at this price

If ZOS wanted me (and many friends) to buy slotsssssss, it would be easy :

- make the 1500 crown outfit slot, account wide
    - make char related slot at 350 crowns, I mean you lose them if you delete the char so what the heck

The solution that would make me spend most crowns on this is account wide slots. I could buy few slots.

Until then, there is no way I would buy a slot
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price is actually irrelevant to me. My characters each have a theme, so I outfit them to the theme best I can. No need for a second outfit slot.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before they release the outfit system, I remember it being mentioned in one of the ESO Live sessions that the additional slots would be account wide. Did I imagine this?
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes when I thought it was account wide. Had it refunded once I realised it wasn't.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    There's nothing irrational about not paying for an overpriced "make-your-own-costume" slot. And why should people not express their displeasure? If you don't like it then perhaps save yourself the discomfort and consider refraining from any threads on this topic.

And I never said it was irrational to not pay for the slot. I said it was irrational to be complaining about it a month later. You're knocking on the door expecting ZOS to answer as you want, but all I see are bloody knuckles and a disregard for the notion that this topic is done and over.

It is not irrational to complain a day later, a month later, or a year later. The price is unreasonable and off-putting. What should have been hugely appealing to me has left me feeling ambivalent about ZoS. They don't care about reasonable pricing, therefore I don't care to engage fully in their system.

This is a two-way relationship, and in any relationship when one side is upsetting that relationship....in this case the consumer relationship....the unsatisfied party has a right to express dissatisfaction.

You don't understand the dissatisfaction, fine, but trying to belittle others (using debasing words such as toxic and irrelevant) is unnecessary and actually hinders rather than helps.
    Edited by LadyAstrum on March 14, 2018 7:21PM
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The price is laughably stupid so no
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a two-way relationship, and in any relationship when one side is upsetting that relationship....in this case the consumer relationship....the unsatisfied party has a right to express dissatisfaction.

None of those claims are supported by the Terms of Service you voluntarily agreed to. You have a limited license to use ZOS services on an as-is basis. The sole remedy provided is to stop using ZOS services.

You don't have to like any ZOS service (including crown store pricing, crown crates, etc) but it is most certainly not a two-way relationship. There may be promotional discounts in the future, but the base price is set. You can take it or you can leave it. There is no third option.
    signing off
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a chance.
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭

None of those claims are supported by the Terms of Service you voluntarily agreed to. You have a limited license to use ZOS services on an as-is basis. The sole remedy provided is to stop using ZOS services.

You don't have to like any ZOS service (including crown store pricing, crown crates, etc) but it is most certainly not a two-way relationship. There may be promotional discounts in the future, but the base price is set. You can take it or you can leave it. There is no third option.

I sincerely hope you didn't just scour through the TOS just make that point. There is such a thing as a consumer relationship. I'm not wasting any more time communicating with you.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • djyrb
    djyrb
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't really felt a need to. As a matter of fact, I've only created outfits for a couple of characters.

I don't see myself buying them in the future unless they become account-wide and/or much cheaper or I get more creative with multiple Outfit concepts.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faaaaaaar too expensive. And being non account-wide puts me off completely. Would probably have dropped like 10k crowns so far if they were account wide, but ZOS doesn't want my money
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    Would have bought multiple allready if it was account wide or the slot per char was a lot cheaper :(
  • Elissae
    Elissae
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, and not planning to. The pricing on these is obscene.

For comparison:
    ESO: 12.99€ for a character-bound outfit slot
    SWTOR: 0.91€ for a character-bound slot, and 2.29€ for an account-wide slot unlock
    WoW: 20 outfit slots included in the base game for no extra cost
    Edited by Elissae on March 14, 2018 10:46PM
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's the "Dear God, No!" option?
    Edited by MasterSpatula on March 14, 2018 10:49PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless it’s a reward I never will. Sadly I won’t oay to change my outfit either, it’s a bad feeling to be gouged like this system design does
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    If it was 1500 Crowns for an ACCOUNT-WIDE slot then I’d buy 1-2 outfit slots. You know, the way we all thought they’d be before ZOS clarified that tiny little detail.....

No chance I’ll buy them as they currently are.

Even still, consider a costume is often 500-1200 crowns so the 1500 is too much as you’re not getting anything unique it’s only existing crafting patterns.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Algraxa
    Algraxa
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    If it was 1500 Crowns for an ACCOUNT-WIDE slot then I’d buy 1-2 outfit slots. You know, the way we all thought they’d be before ZOS clarified that tiny little detail.....

No chance I’ll buy them as they currently are.

I smell a future subscription bonus..... Seriously, should have been account wide and still should be for those that pony up the monthly fee.
  • Living_Ded
    Living_Ded
    ✭✭✭
    yea no it's superficial nonsense and kind of not worth it imo
    @LivingDed
    necro healer, warden healer, templar healer, stam/magblade
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people who purchased them are never going to vote in this poll because they don't have to justify anything to the people who are still irrationally belligerent a month later and are going to turn this into another multipage cluster *** about how they're not getting their way on a service that is probably performing exactly as internally projected.

PS it's spelled ad nauseam not ad nauseum.

...you know that internal projections and customer satisfaction aren't the same thing, right? People can be quite rationally annoyed - because they find the price point way too high - while the company also continues to hit its internal projections.

You've posted something similar in several threads at this point, and it seems you feel the fact that the company did something that made sense to them and perhaps continues to make sense to them somehow invalidates customer dissatisfaction. It doesn't. People are entitled to their opinions, and if people care enough to keep bringing something up over and over and over again, well, maybe that's something that ZOS should take note of.

Or perhaps not. Either way, this is customer feedback, and no matter how pointless you may personally feel it is, it's valid. And it will continue to happen until either people give up an move on, or until ZOS adjusts the price - because sometimes, companies are swayed by customer feedback. That's why people give it. It's a very rational thing to do.

Edit to add: Yes, I know that ZOS is not in any way obligated to provide a platform for people to voice their opinion. However, they have voluntarily done so. We're literally using it right now. They've also provided public e-mail addresses, as well as in-game feedback forms, to specifically solicit and facilitate the giving of customer feedback. You're right that the only absolute power a customer has is to take or leave it, but the whole point of providing avenues for customer feedback is to give companies an opportunity to address the issue in question and prevent customers from taking the second option if feasible. Because as it turns out, the "leave it" option means a company makes less money, something for-profit enterprises tend to try and avoid.
    Edited by OrdoHermetica on March 15, 2018 4:40AM
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won't and never will at the silly price it was set at.

This whole outfit thing was a "jump the shark" moment for me when it came to the Crown Store and a little bit with the game too. It really is the first system they introduced that intentionally was designed to drive people to the store.

First, the costs for using the outfit system are tolerable at best. This was done simply to want drive people to purchase outfit change tokens. It is also strange that as an ESO Plus member you can dye armor and costumes freely but the second you do an outfit, ridiculous gold prices apply.

Second, the per character slot cost is completely laughable. This happens to be an item that has a pretty standard rate across most MMOs. Single slots usually sell for less than a dollar and account wide is usually $2-$4 slot, but ZoS feels 1800% more than current rate in most MMOs is okay? Character slots would have been tolerable at about 300-350 Crowns each. Furthermore, ESO Plus members should have been given an extra slot or two AND should have no dye costs at all.

I really do wonder what they were thinking with this as I bet this pricing lost them A LOT more money than they would have made with a more reasonably market rate priced slot.
    Edited by Wayshuba on March 15, 2018 10:07AM
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why pay them any more money when I wasn't getting my money's worth in services?
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    i did. and i regret it.

gladly i purchased it with my main but still was kinda schocked to see that it only applies to one character ... haha :')
    would have bought more if it would have been account wide but nope, this one learns from his mistakes
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
  • Baracuta
    Baracuta
    ✭✭✭
    I did not buy any, and will not if they are not A. Made account-wide, and B. Made cheaper.
    Many other things I can spend my money on. Right now, I'm sitting on crowns from the last sale, and I have to budget them. I am saving them for costumes, which I feel are (so long as they follow the 500, 700, and 1000 crown formula) a much better product for the expense. At this time, I do not have a desire to buy more crowns, and I will safely be able to purchase any costumes that come out in the next few months that I like. As I use my crowns so sparingly, I can safely say that my current crowns should last me for a good long while.
    I was an advocate against the prices associated with the outfit system since I explored it on day 1 of the PTS. Both gold prices, and the outfit change tokens.

Many have complained already about the high prices, and at this point, there seems to only be one solution: retroactively lower the price of outfit slots, make them account wide, and refund everyone who has bought them the "extra" crowns from the old (current, at the time of this post) price.
    It'd be a pain to do, but it's the only way to redeem the outfit system.
    Outfit Slots are outrageously expensive. No, thank you.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10% is a lot lower than I was expecting.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There were several things about this update that has soured me a little on the company. I know nothing will change at this point, as even with all the feedback on PTS about the outfit system, I don't recall any official response from them. They were pretty much set with what they were going to do, and perhaps they are selling what they've expected.

However, it's clear from those posting here that there would have been more players participating more fully in the system if the slots were either account-wide or cheaper. It strikes me as odd that they'd go to so much work on a system and then severely limit it for a lot of players. Sometimes, it seems like they way over project how much people are willing to spend on things. But, maybe not - maybe there are lots and lots of players who have gleefully thrown crowns at them for all the outfit slots and a stack of tokens to change their multiple slots on a whim.

It's clear that they put a lot of work into a system that is quite robust. It's such a shame that the system is so severely limited.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on March 15, 2018 7:51PM
  • WaterBearer
    WaterBearer
    ✭✭

It is not irrational to complain a day later, a month later, or a year later. The price is unreasonable and off-putting. What should have been hugely appealing to me has left me feeling ambivalent about ZoS. They don't care about reasonable pricing, therefore I don't care to engage fully in their system.

You don't understand the dissatisfaction, fine, but trying to belittle others (using debasing words such as toxic and irrelevant) is unnecessary and actually hinders rather than helps.

Agreed. Even though we've definitely disagreed over housing prices/accessibility before lol. Pricing aside, even if the terms of service cause you to think otherwise, a consumer relationship DOES exist. The extent to how much weight that relationship can hold however, depends imo. I'm no stats or economics wiz, but I imagine that if enough people are going to continue to buy into certain things to make it profitable to the studio then change most likely won't happen. If the converse happens then it's more likely.

I had/have an issue refraining from limited time housing crown sales bc I never know if they're going to be available again and I love housing. But these slots, as far as we know, will be there for the forseeable future so any timeframe of complaint is valid. I guess it's really just the numbers of people buying or refraining.

I'll never be able to shame someone for purchasing something they want in a game, but complaining/discussing certain things we don't like about something, even if we don't think it will change anything, is an undeniable right. If you don't particularly like seeing talk in a negative way about something that bothers people, if it doesn't make sense to you, if you think it's stupid, then ok. Ignore it and move on. Don't need to shame people for expressing their opinion, ever (not directed at you, Astrum).

THAT said, I really want to buy another slot, but am hoping that enough people are opposed to the current price that they eventually lower it so it's more affordable. If not then I'll likely just stick to my one right now.
    Edited by WaterBearer on March 15, 2018 9:43PM
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Way overpriced for me, and I can live without it. So not worth my money.