The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Magicka Nightblade 1vX Montage

Ectheliontnacil
Ectheliontnacil
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hey everyone!

I recorded some clips over the weekend with my magicka nightblade and decided to upload a very short montage. It's really nothing special, as magblades are still relatively weak in openworld pvp and I didn't have a lot of time to record :blush: . Still, I hope you enjoy it!

Perhaps I will release more clips in the future :smile:

Edit: Reuploaded it with better editing, better quality and blurred chat (some drama in one of my guilds...)!
Edited by Ectheliontnacil on March 13, 2018 10:15AM
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    these are some great clips, Ecthelion and I love the music.

Definitely keep making more videos!

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on March 12, 2018 5:07PM
  • Fasold666
    Fasold666
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome clips mate!
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @IcyDeadPeople
    @Fasold666

Thx so much! :blush:

(And the music is in the description)
    Edited by Ectheliontnacil on March 12, 2018 5:21PM
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yawn. Do it with a magplar or dont waste our time. Everybody can 1vx with the supreme class
  • Fasold666
    Fasold666
    ✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Yawn. Do it with a magplar or dont waste our time. Everybody can 1vx with the supreme class

You trash talking in every thread where people just show their nice gameplay for others to enjoy?
    How about you show us your gameplay instead of wasting the time of other people yourself that read your destructive comments.
    You must have a blast in cyro probably being on the receiving end... :D
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey everyone!

I recorded some clips over the weekend with my magicka nightblade and decided to upload a very short montage. It's really nothing special, as magblades are still relatively weak in openworld pvp and I didn't have a lot of time to record :blush: . Still, I hope you enjoy it!

I've watched you play around on bridge from sneak on my red bomber (ye I'm a creep). This was some entertaining clips! :smiley:
    EU | PC
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

I've watched you play around on bridge from sneak on my red bomber (ye I'm a creep). This was some entertaining clips! :smiley:
    @Master_Kas

Haha thx! And I don't mind you watching as long as you don't bomb me :wink: .
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was quite beautiful to watch :)
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love magblade plays.

I'd watch my tongue calling the class weak though, forum warriors that have never even touched it consider it overpowered and god forbid you believe otherwise :tired_face:
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Subversus

I retract my statement about magicka nightblades being ill suited for openworld pvp. I know better than to mess with forum warriors :wink: .
    That was quite beautiful to watch :)

@Most_Awesome

Glad you liked it!
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9/10 for 1vX videos. Those folks actually looked like they were trying to kill you.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    10/10

I love mageblade videos
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Lexxypwns
    Thanks! :smile:

@Sandman929
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    9/10 for 1vX videos. Those folks actually looked like they were trying to kill you.

Sadly I couldn't find any light attack spammers :/ but glad you enjoyed ^^

• Fel
    Fel
    ✭✭✭
    and i thought you finally uploaded the Video where you "chase" me alone :/

but i guess you just decided to record after your meltdown in my thread
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Damn, that is some smooth play right there, showing what makes Magblade great.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ectheliontnacil I’m curious about one thing though, what makes you feel mageblade is relatively weak? What do you feel is missing from the kit?
  • NirnStorm
    NirnStorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ectheliontnacil While I don't really agree magblades are of the weaker classes to play in openworld right now, I think those clips are awesome. Definitely keep it up and post more of them!
    Edited by NirnStorm on March 13, 2018 7:20AM
    Characters: (PC NA)
    Ruerock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Ruepork the Magsorc | Magsorc __________________ Nirnshade | Magblade
    Pay To Warden | Magden _________________________ Moar Siege | Stamsorc
    Necrotic Orb | Magcro ____________________________ Bluerock | mDK
    Thelol Kadjit | Magplar ___________________________ Chalman Keep | Stamden
    Characters: (PC EU)
    Reurock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Refrigerator Boy | Magden _______________________ One Button AoE Stun| Magsorc
    Why So Spearious | Stamplar _____________________ Ree ee ee ee | StamDK
    Faction Locked | Magblade _______________________ Bae Blade| Stamblade
    You Shalk Not Pass | Stamden ____________________ Frag N Cheese | Magsorc

🔥 Nirnstorm.com - Top Tier PvP Builds & Guides 🔥

ESO Stream Team Member
    Twitch
    : Twitch.tv/Nirnstorm
    YouTube: YouTube.com/Nirnstorm
    Community Discord: https://discord.gg/APy9KK3

PvP Guild - Flame - [ Videos ]

Faction Lock contradicts the One-Tamriel concept.
    Please do NOT keep it in the game.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    @Ectheliontnacil I’m curious about one thing though, what makes you feel mageblade is relatively weak? What do you feel is missing from the kit?

@Lexxypwns It's hard to pinpoint the one skill/passive that would make magicka nightblades OP. However I think the classes main problem is "reliable" mobility. Don't get me wrong, shadow image is my favourite skill in the game and it's very strong and cloak is awesome as well. If you're in even terrain though, shadow image becomes useless and you often don't have the ability to move to another place fast enough and cloak is only good if you have a way to get out of melee range (or it will defo break when faced with multiple attackers). Also snares hurt magblades the most out of all classes imo, on flat ground I so often get snared and roflstomped by the zerg :neutral: ... I feel like magblades in the open are sitting ducks.

Sorcerers are similar to nightblades in some aspects of their playstyle (only ranged magicka classes basically, and you need to time your burst well). But sorc has 1 extra (very powerful and cheap) shield and they have streak, which provides them with reliable mobility. So it's both easier for a sorc to tank and to kite opponents.

By no means am I crying for a nerf to sorceres, magicka nightblades are better 1v1 I think. But I would like a slight buff to nb mobility, for example a snare immunity would be nice if it were added to a nightblade skill. It would have to be a buff though, that wouldn't make stamblades op :wink: .

NirnStorm wrote: »
    @Ectheliontnacil While I don't really agree magblades are of the weaker classes to play in openworld right now, I think those clips are awesome. Definitely keep it up and post more of them!

@NirnStorm Thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoyed watching ^^ .
  • Fel
    Fel
    ✭✭✭
    @Lexxypwns It's hard to pinpoint the one skill/passive that would make magicka nightblades OP. However I think the classes main problem is "reliable" mobility. Don't get me wrong, shadow image is my favourite skill in the game and it's very strong and cloak is awesome as well. If you're in even terrain though, shadow image becomes useless and you often don't have the ability to move to another place fast enough and cloak is only good if you have a way to get out of melee range (or it will defo break when faced with multiple attackers). Also snares hurt magblades the most out of all classes imo, on flat ground I so often get snared and roflstomped by the zerg :neutral: ... I feel like magblades in the open are sitting ducks.
    well, the most important Thing as (solo) magickaNB in my opinion is always to think ahead and fight in Areas where you already have your escape route in mind. takes a while to get used to but thats one of the many challenges i like about playing solo
    By no means am I crying for a nerf to sorceres, magicka nightblades are better 1v1 I think. But I would like a slight buff to nb mobility, for example a snare immunity would be nice if it were added to a nightblade skill. It would have to be a buff though, that wouldn't make stamblades op :wink:
    the Problem with sorcs is that if you have a good Player on you, you basically dont have a very high Chance to get away, where it is almost very easy to escape from good Players as magicka NB

if you have issues with getting away, i can only recommend trying to use maneuver as magickaNB and drop harness. in my opinion harness magicka is relatively useless on magickaNB anyway, and maneuver would provide more Utility in that way.

i was using it for a Long time aswell, and it is just amazing on magickaNB and you dont have to think to much about fighting near escape-points (and with the cp-passive, the Stamina costs are no Problem)
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fel wrote: »
    By no means am I crying for a nerf to sorceres, magicka nightblades are better 1v1 I think. But I would like a slight buff to nb mobility, for example a snare immunity would be nice if it were added to a nightblade skill. It would have to be a buff though, that wouldn't make stamblades op :wink:
    the Problem with sorcs is that if you have a good Player on you, you basically dont have a very high Chance to get away, where it is almost very easy to escape from good Players as magicka NB

if you have issues with getting away, i can only recommend trying to use maneuver as magickaNB and drop harness. in my opinion harness magicka is relatively useless on magickaNB anyway, and maneuver would provide more Utility in that way.

i was using it for a Long time aswell, and it is just amazing on magickaNB and you dont have to think to much about fighting near escape-points (and with the cp-passive, the Stamina costs are no Problem)

@Fel

Thx for the suggestion! I have considered using rapids (and with cp passive it's not that expensive...smart :wink: ).
    But I really like harness for 1v1, 1v2 situations, where I don't need to cloak at all since I can simply tank the damage...also it gives you some more defense when you're marked.
    I might still try using it though, maybe slot it instead of rapid regen :) .

• Fel
    Fel
    ✭✭✭
    Thx for the suggestion! I have considered using rapids (and with cp passive it's not that expensive...smart :wink: ).
    But I really like harness for 1v1, 1v2 situations, where I don't need to cloak at all since I can simply tank the damage...also it gives you some more defense when you're marked.
    i never really understood using harness on NB, there is so much healing over time going on and hardened was usually enough for me, but i also never tried it

the only reason why i dont use maneuver anymore is because i dislike playing without mark and got used to entropy too much. but it was so much fun and ist perfect for getting kiting and getting away. the only dangerous Thing is to use it without the passiv and than get stunned and dont have enough Stamina for cc break anymore
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    Fasold666 wrote: »
    Drdeath20 wrote: »

You trash talking in every thread where people just show their nice gameplay for others to enjoy?
    How about you show us your gameplay instead of wasting the time of other people yourself that read your destructive comments.
    You must have a blast in cyro probably being on the receiving end... :D

Supreme class? This guys never played magblade openworld i see. Obvious troll.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i never really understood using harness on NB, there is so much healing over time going on and hardened was usually enough for me, but i also never tried it

the only reason why i dont use maneuver anymore is because i dislike playing without mark and got used to entropy too much. but it was so much fun and ist perfect for getting kiting and getting away. the only dangerous Thing is to use it without the passiv and than get stunned and dont have enough Stamina for cc break anymore

@Fel Hmm yes, you have an interesting playstyle and I would like to try no harness on my magblade. However you have 10% extra healing and more stamsustain on your argonian, which allows you to drop the shield...and I can't bring myself to race change (don't want to look ugly) :wink: .

But you are right about mark, it's so good this patch because of all the snipers and stamblades. I still don't like playing with mark though xD.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Fel Hmm yes, you have an interesting playstyle and I would like to try no harness on my magblade. However you have 10% extra healing and more stamsustain on your argonian, which allows you to drop the shield...and I can't bring myself to race change (don't want to look ugly) :wink: .

But you are right about mark, it's so good this patch because of all the snipers and stamblades. I still don't like playing with mark though xD.

Good video man. I played an argonian magblade for about a month before I switched back to dark elf. People say the damage loss isn't noticeable with argonian, but I did notice it against high level players that I usually beat I couldn't burst through them on my argonian so I had to race change back. I have started to use a damage shield again as well because incap and defoul is so prevalent and one incap stops all my healing. So I had to change my build up a little bit. Are you using necro?
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @thankyourat Thx glad you liked it!

I am a high elf myself and I think the bis race for magblade is debatable, since you lose quite a bit of max magicka and dmg on argonians.

And the sets I use are shackle/willpower/skoria/master+vma staves. I tried using necro, domihaus, lich etc. But I feel like skoria provides you with some much needed burst for tankier opponents and the master staff gives so much sustain and dmg, that it's too good to drop.
  • EdTerra
    EdTerra
    ✭✭✭
    really nice vid, and the music fit with it very well :smiley:

IMO with rapid regen and the strife HoTs, double take would be better than dampen/harness especially if you don't spam shields, dodge+speed is really nice on 1vX and with the shadow you have a great escape.

I know that feeling as wood elf magblade, but I don't think that argonian passive would be a big difference
    [EU] AD - Erdril v16 N(oo)B | AR40
    [NA] EP - Erdril NB

Still a solo player in this zergfest

Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXPJv3O6DC5ZYECfF3-rQ-Q
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @EdTerra

Thx!

And yes the major evasion does sound nice! I just don't like having healing ward as my only shield, I find that dampen allows me to stay a bit more offensive. But I will try it, maybe use it instead of rapids and thanks for the suggestion :smile: .

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running with only 1 shield in light without at least 2 defensive sets (riposte+trans) is a pure potato masher build. There's a reason why all the top magblades (at least on PC EU) run harness/dampen on top of ward: if you come against any competent player you will get absolutely decimated if you only run ward.

No matter how much healing you have, you'll never be able to face tank in light with no shield if you don't have any resistances. And in order to actually get kills on magblade you gotta be able to face tank a bit (unless you go against 0 impen 19k hp guys).

That's how I see magblade. But what do I know, I'm just a meta fotm scrub and is apparently playing the god of all classes.
    Edited by Subversus on March 13, 2018 8:43PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    Running with only 1 shield in light without at least 2 defensive sets (riposte+trans) is a pure potato masher build. There's a reason why all the top magblades (at least on PC EU) run harness/dampen on top of ward: if you come against any competent player you will get absolutely decimated if you only run ward.

No matter how much healing you have, you'll never be able to face tank in light with no shield if you don't have any resistances. And in order to actually get kills on magblade you gotta be able to face tank a bit (unless you go against 0 impen 19k hp guys).

That's how I see magblade. But what do I know, I'm just a meta fotm scrub and is apparently playing the god of all classes.

I’ve had some success with mageblade open world with 1 shield and bloodspawn this patch by pushing health to 26k+ with tri-glyphs. Running Lich+spinner+BS for example. It’s not BiS and you absolutely must outplay high damage specs to win, but it’s viable
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

My build last patch was spinner/trans/skoria and I only ran healing ward and was playing at a pretty high level (I beat alot of the best players on Xbox NA with this build) So as long as you run one defensive set I think you can get away with one shield as long as you build enough health into your build. I think one ward magblade is playable. Especially for all the argonians out there. But I agree if you don't run a single defensive set you have to run a damage shield