The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Are you currently in a relationship with someone you met on ESO?

• red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish, but I am yet to meet a fellow Irish in ESO. Besides... my hubby wouldn't be too happy :lol: I wish he didn't see my computer as an arcade machine not worth investing time into. I even have a second PC under the stairs but he's no interest :lol:
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But I want to say I know 3 couples well who met in ESO 2014 and 2015 who have moved to other countries to be together and one or both have been off game significantly to pay for all the incidentals of moving a foreign national to be with them who are still together and very happy ❤️❤️❤️

One of these couples are individually very in the public eye - but private about their lives and their relationship is not yet in public, but they are very privately planning a wedding! ❤️
    Edited by Mureel on March 1, 2018 3:22PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »

I have repeatedly asked @Nestor for pics and he has thus far refused.

imjur rejects all pics of myself when I try to upload them. Something about sensibilities and keeping the lunch inside.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    I think it’d be a pretty beautiful thing for someone to find that “special someone” in a game like ESO. I’ve heard of stories where something like this has happened in games like: WoW or GW2. Even GTA5 (seriously). So for people to find love in ESO, I think is amazing. My support goes out to all of you lovebirds out there in the world of Tamriel.

I'm one of those people. Well... was. I met a beautiful girl in WoW, we were together for 5 years and I moved half across the world for her but it didn't work out because I got tired of staying home with her all the time just playing games, watching movies and staying in bed all day. I'm sure most guys on here will think I'm an idiot for breaking up with her, especially since she was cute. But I'm not the kind of person to never stick my head out the door. I want to live my life, not spend it all in front of a screen :) I need my hobbies, mountains, camping, outdoors, sports, adventures, music festivals etc, etc. She'd rather stay home and Raid and PvP ( she was good at it tho - mythic raids, 2.4k arenas ) or watch anime.

I would not do it again and would not recommend. Ever. But that's just me i guess :)
    Edited by Nyladreas on March 1, 2018 3:48PM
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. Perhaps I will find the orc of my dreams some day. But life doesn't always go in the direction one hopes it does, so other priorities go to the front.
          In verity.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently in a relationship with somebody I met on Prodigy.
  • ZOS_Holden
    ZOS_Holden
    Community Rep
    Minalan wrote: »
    So @ZOS_Chris

If you meet in ESO, marry, and then divorce, do the GM’s take half of your gold and houses?

No, but you would have to duel for custody of the mounts.
    Staff Post
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »
    Nobody wants an online relationship with a goat.

I started to ask how many want a real life relationship with a goat, but then decided I was much, much better off and safer not knowing................

• EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been married since before Arena. Met her in high school but we didn't start dating until after I graduated. We're both lifelong gamers but she still prefers shooters. Last game we regularly played together was PGR 3.

Have tried to get her into ESO but her highest level character still can't pvp and she is not interested in pve.
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    NO I'm married to a lovely lass who doesn't unerstand anything about on line gaming so when I play my brownie points end up in the red....and I need them for biking.

Wouldn't change her for the world tho ;D
  • CMFan1966
    CMFan1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started playing this game in 2016...approximately a year after my husband passed away. It's a great way to express your anger, frustration and grief. I had been playing for about a year before I found a couple of guilds I really like. I feel as though I've got friends in those guilds, but as far as romance goes...I'm not really ready for that. I'll get a little flirty with some of my male friends, but it's harmless and just a part of who I am. I already had the best husband anybody could ever have. He did everything for me and our kids.

I think that it's great if people find true love this way though. Maybe some day I'll be ready for love, but for now I think I just want to kill everything in the game until it's dead.
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marriage is the #1 Leading cause of divorce.
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure there are many who'd take a goat over a welwa, so cheer up.

No. Although I have known several couples and i confess I envy them having a dungeon buddy pretty much available to them most of the time.

And I have wondered about one thing I've seen with some regularity even since I started playing: couples who in-game are Khajiits, often very similar looking Khajiits. I mean, I'm no furry-shamer but they look like littermates and I don't get that.

True story tho: last Khajiit couple I saw were gazing soulfully into each other's eyes while sitting naked in the river a little ways outside of Rawl. I felt I was being a little rude blundering by on my Khajiit stamblade doing an impromptu croc-and-mucrab killng spree, spewing caltrops and Veli poison balls all over the place, surely wrecking the mood.

PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jssriot wrote: »

And I have wondered about one thing I've seen with some regularity even since I started playing: couples who in-game are Khajiits, often very similar looking Khajiits. I mean, I'm no furry-shamer but they look like littermates and I don't get that.

My girlfriend and I are guilty of this. We just love cats!

• D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My luck i'd wake up naked, drugged in a cubbord with an empty water dish sitting next to what may have been a nose. Sign me right up.
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jssriot wrote: »
    Heh. My boyfriend is a Khajiit and I WAS a Khajiit until the resource nerf so I switched to an Altmer. I just like cats and he was thinking of switching his race but I refuse to let him. I told him if I can't be a Khajiit, he has to. lol.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Kuramas9tails
      Kuramas9tails
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ZOS_Holden wrote: »
      No, but you would have to duel for custody of the mounts.
      Considering my boyfriend is a PVPer and I am a PVEer......I would lose everything. :D
        Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
        New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
        AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
        AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
        FOR THE QUEEN!
        PS4/NA
      • riberion
        riberion
        ✭✭✭
        My husband introduced me to Elder Scrolls with Oblivion, and it immediately took over as my favorite franchise. We've been playing some form of Elder Scrolls for our entire relationship.
        Edited by riberion on March 2, 2018 3:41PM
        PC NA
      • Nemesis7884
        Nemesis7884
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        where is the divorced because of eso option
        Edited by Nemesis7884 on March 2, 2018 4:01PM
      • KiraTsukasa
        KiraTsukasa
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        D0PAMINE wrote: »
        My luck i'd wake up naked, drugged in a cubbord with an empty water dish sitting next to what may have been a nose. Sign me right up.

It puts the lotion on its skin...
      • Cadbury
        Cadbury
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Reading this topic makes me wish I was an MMO divorce lawyer.
        "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
      • XxMissAlycexX
        XxMissAlycexX
        ✭✭✭
        I met my current partner in game in November. Nothing wrong with meeting someone in this way. It’s actually been a blessing ❤️
        XxMissAlycexX - Xbox One - NA
      • BomblePants
        BomblePants
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I had a message from a really nice guy who played eso on the back of that ‘photo thread’ a while back.... we really hit it off chatting for a few months but then he kinda disappeared.... (guess we didn’t hit it off that well) :s
      • DarcyMardin
        DarcyMardin
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭

LOL, I was about to post the same thing.

• DieAlteHexe
        DieAlteHexe
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭

I'm married to someone I met on CI$. :)

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake