The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Are you currently in a relationship with someone you met on ESO?

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    aliyavana wrote: »
    Wtb bosmer gf 5k

5k tsk tsk... I seen your house. That's price of a brick in some cases.

fine then, 10k
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Man man relationship ?
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before embarking on a romantic voyage in Tamriel or in -- especially -- the other planes, there are some things to be aware of:

Seducer_Trilvath.jpg
    Mazken are, literally, falling out of the sky. They're not called Dark Seducers for no reason. Be careful.

o0q6tnQ.png
    Worm Cultists
    The guy lying on the slab in the picture met the most wonderful girl. He decided to overlook the fact she was a Worm Cultist. BIG mistake. That guy was me. You would not believe the red tape I had to cut through to get my soul back....

Vila_theran.png
    Spider Cultists are also known to use seduction as part of their indoctrination process:
    — Is there any truth to the claim that the Spider Cults are little more than debauched *** clubs?

Cultist: There is some truth to that, yes.

— Oh. Would you care to elaborate?

Cultist: Seduction and copulation are powerful tools. Often, induction into the cult requires a member to engage in such activities with the Widow or a designee. Some Webs are more ... zealous about this practice than others.

— I see. How exactly would a prospective member apply?

Cultist: Is this for your research?

— Naturally.

Stay safe!
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    monktoasty wrote: »
    How does one begin to even cross the barrier to ask for pics

lol this took me back. people would shamelessly ask for pics in chat rooms/IM programs back in the 90s. " a/s/l? pics?" Granted I was like 14 at the time, so I never really had pictures to send, though I probably wouldn't if I'd had them.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unsure.gif
  • Fat_Cat45
    Fat_Cat45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all alone in the married category :'(

Surely I can't be the only one (besides my wife)
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    monktoasty wrote: »
    How does one begin to even cross the barrier to ask for pics

There was a forum thread about faces of eso. Just stalk and hope.

/s
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Avaralou
    Avaralou
    Its not creepy. Didn't you guys read the love stories Zeni posted for valentines day? In real life stories of people that have met and married on the game. How romantic.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t consider a game a dating opportunity however I’m not opposed to people meeting people and something like a relationship coming out of it.

Just as I’ve made online associates the same or more can happen but it’s not something I’ve been open to.

Looong ago a lady and I played WoW so long we began spending time online like we were dating. She asked me if I were open to it and we then connected more on social media but never sought out meeting in person so it never happened for me.

Maybe cause i left her guild and tried to meet her and not her gaming avatar but oh well....sob sob for me

Oddly enough my wife and I met initially on AOL messenger but very soon met in person from there on. It was an online introduction from a real life interaction someone else I knew had who introduced us online.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on March 1, 2018 4:52AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aw hell no! Not in a million years.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Solohope
    Solohope
    ✭✭✭
    No, I'm lonely.
    PC NA - @Solohope
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like I would ever want to be in a relationship with someone I met on here.

yep.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I met my boyfriend in a game that failed shortly after launch...that game has gone but my sweet vanilla bun has snuggled into my heart. Playing any game wouldn't be the same without him.

For those uncertain about how such a thing would happen; I asked for help with something and he answered the call. We type-chatted that first occasion (because I had a bad cold), but after that we jumped onto voice chat (I loved his voice), and hung around each others creations (equivalent in this game would be each others houses) talking about all sorts of things. Pictures were exchanged. About three months later feelings were openly admitted, and here we are three years later.

Neither of us were looking for it, in fact, quite the opposite.
    Edited by LadyAstrum on March 1, 2018 9:03AM
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • MjolnirVilkas
    MjolnirVilkas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me and my girlfriend of 12 years (will be 13 soon) didn't actually met in ESO or online. We met in high school. But I would never play ESO or any Elder Scrolls game in fact if it wasn't for her. Thing is I tried Oblivion back in the day but didn't really like it. When it came out I was still heavily involved in the isometric view RPGs, mainly Diablo 2 and Dungeon Siege 2. Later I really got into Dragon Age: Origins. But when my girlfriend saw the Skyrim trailer, she got hyped AF and got me to try it out. To this day, Skyrim is still our favourite game. Years later she saw the ESO trailer and was hyped again. We played in beta together but sadly back then the game wasn't good enough to justify the monthly sub. We returned to (or rather really started) playing ESO when it went B2P. Sadly when the Thieves Guild update hit my girlfriends laptop didn't cut it anymore. That is to me still a big mistake on ZOS part, what they did with the older dx support but let's not get into it again.

TL;DR - I didn't meet my girlfriend online but she was the one that actually got me into ESO.
    Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
    The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but she doesn't approve of my forums posting.
    xLL98SN.jpg
    (yes I omitted the name because I like some privacy)
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • pandoraderomanus
    pandoraderomanus
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely didn't expect that and didn't want either, but accidentally found a boyfriend in Cyrodiil. We live in different countries (3000km distance), but we could manage to meet a few times in real life and are going to continue this.

You never know where you find your love :) My best friend found a guy on a dating website, they're getting married soon. So why not videogame?
    PC-EU since 2014

Touches-Your-Tralala - retired lizardina-templar
    Pandora Morgenstern - noob orc-stamsorc
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Met my partner before ESO, actually through an art website, we became friends and started playing games together and it went from there :) Luckily we were in the same country and now live together :)
    I love to hear how people found love through games, some might think it's quite weird, but if you don't have someone yet, you never know, it could happen to you!
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Kevin_of_Devinshire
    I hope not. I think my wife would have a HUGE issue with that.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Been trying to get my boyfriend to play for years......dam him! lol
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Mady
    Mady
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We didn't meet on ESO, but on The Lord of the Rings Online 7 years ago. o:)
    Discord HypeSquad Member
    Official AlcastHQ Discord Server: discord.gg/alcasthq
    Feel free to join!
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    She does not know it yet but I'm in a long term "relationship" with the AD queen
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »
    None taken. If being in love is weird to you then I guess there is nothing else to say about that part

But I dont really understand how you can make a judgement on the validity of internet relationships based only on people you know in real life. Relationships like this aren't exactly common so I don't think it's very likely anyone will know someone who entered a relationship from meeting online. But that doesn't mean it can't and doesn't happen.

I'm sure there are many relationships that started from multiplayer games which end up failing, just like in real life. But in our networked society with travel and communication easier than ever before, it's actually not that difficult or different to any other kind of relationship, at least in my opinion. Obviously until you actually meet in person, it's questionable, but I'd say the same about people talking on social media before meeting. After meeting I wouldn't say it's any different to a conventional relationship

I know it's a bit cliché but love really has no boundaries. My girlfriend has an Altmer. I hate Altmer.
    I didn't say such relationships impossible, I'm just skeptical about them, personally. Two people cetrainly can meet in some multiplayer game, know each other better, meet in real life, etc. Me? I just prefer a little closer first contact, if you know what I mean. ;)
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No but there is one dude I wouldn't mind being with :)))
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I met my wife in Starwars Galaxies in 2004. We are now married almost 10 years and have 2 kids (11 and 12).

We do play this game together occasionally.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but does not mean I have not met some great people, I met a guy in RDR 5 years ago and we are still best buddies. Even send presents for birthdays and Christmas! I tried to get him into ESO but it was not really his thing, although we did play at the beginning :) now we tend to chat while I play ESO and he plays something else, normally GTA or tank games. :D
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    What is the definition of "relationship" for the purpose of this poll?
    The term can be vague. Whatever you feel a relationship means to you.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Kuramas9tails
      Kuramas9tails
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Turelus wrote: »
      Yes, but she doesn't approve of my forums posting.
      xLL98SN.jpg
      (yes I omitted the name because I like some privacy)
      @Turelus Shut down. No mercy.
        New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
        AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
        FOR THE QUEEN!
        PS4/NA
      • GreenhaloX
        GreenhaloX
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        So.. should ZOS startup an ESOMatch.com? Ha ha . Ughh, Match.com or any other online dating site are jacked up enough.
      • Kuramas9tails
        Kuramas9tails
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        GreenhaloX wrote: »
        So.. should ZOS startup an ESOMatch.com? Ha ha . Ughh, Match.com or any other online dating site are jacked up enough.
        Those sites are specifically for dating so yes, they will be "jacked up" in certain aspects relating to that. But ESO is a gaming community, not a dating one, so it's casual player mets casual player. :) Whatever happens from there is varied.
          FOR THE QUEEN!
          PS4/NA
        • KingofAnnwn
          KingofAnnwn
          ✭✭✭
          Nope, unfortunately my better half doesn't even play games anymore. Not since before having our son.
          Edited by KingofAnnwn on March 1, 2018 2:56PM
          Xbox One (Very Rare)
          DC - Gwenhwyfar Gwraig - Redguard Vamp Stamplar
          DC - Kiarina Florcht - Redguard Stamden
          PC
          AD - Lilwen Haf - Altmer Mag Sorc
          EP - Tarmena Diloren - Dunmer Magblade
          DC - Eletti Ghellon - Redguard Stamblade
          PS5
          DC - Arianwen Adahl - Breton Magcro