The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Xbox One Hide Helmet Option Hiding Facial Accessories

DarkMasterJMK
DarkMasterJMK
✭✭✭
On Xbox One, using the "Hide Your Helm" option in Collections also hides the equipped Facial Accessory, despite the fact that the option is only supposed to hide helmets, hats, and hoods.

I'm pretty sure this isn't intentional since it kind of defeats the purpose of having Facial Accessories if both the head items and the "Hide Your Helm" option hides the Facial Accessories.

The Hide Helmet option through the Outfit system will properly display the Facial Accessory appearances, so it appears only the "Hide Your Helm" option in Collections is incorrectly hiding the Facial Accessories so far.
Edited by DarkMasterJMK on February 27, 2018 10:42PM
  • robautomaton
    robautomaton
    Soul Shriven
    PS4 NA, have this problem too... but only if I actually have a helmet slotted in outfits. It mangles my beard just like that one Colovian hood used to do.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, could you list out the names of the adornments and helmet styles you're using? A screenshot would be amazing as well if you're able to post one. Thanks in advance!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reported something similar (with one particular accessory that I happened to use) a couple of weeks ago:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/395857
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • robautomaton
    robautomaton
    Soul Shriven
    Hrothgar Hermit beard (tho I tried multiple facial hairs and all became distorted)

Daggerfall heavy helm in outfit slot

Turns out any openfaced hat I equip while the outfit is on causes the facial hair to distort.

PS4 NA
    Edited by robautomaton on March 1, 2018 12:36AM
  • MajorasMask73
    MajorasMask73
    ✭✭
    I am on PS4 EU and the same thing happen it is happing with all open faces hat / helmets
  • AlviseVenice
    AlviseVenice
    Soul Shriven
    Hey guys, could you list out the names of the adornments and helmet styles you're using? A screenshot would be amazing as well if you're able to post one. Thanks in advance!

tr2zgyiz5bgz.jpeg
    aappnim6tq58.jpeg

PS4

First one: order of the hour helmet from outfit station - dominion warlocks - red lipstick - dragon claw circlet

Second (with nocturnal costume): ebonshadow helmet from outfit station - dominion warlocks - red lipstick - dragon claw circlet

Edit: since the update I cannot add an helmet from the outfit station and remove it with “remove helmet” from the appearance-hats menu cause it would glitch, every time in a different and funny way depending from whatever helmet I choose to use.
    Edited by AlviseVenice on March 2, 2018 12:49AM
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm having the same problem with my Argonian & Khajiit characters on the PC, NA server. :s

The Dwarf-Style Brow Shields, Deep Elf Goggles, and the Dwemeri Monocular Contrivance don't show up when you hide helmet. They work just fine on the rest of my characters.

4c82a92d0b3e172793d0c6149e003a64.jpg
    794ea68b8c35a2fc300f0d7000f9fe93.jpg

The only time I can get them to show up is to turn hide helmet off and remove the helmet from their equipment.
    4c250a7ab337c9f0ff333f02c5034fa3.jpg

But it works just fine on my other characters, like say my Bosmer:
    080eb65821efd756f4b7f59c9aa85f8d.jpg

I'm really hoping a fix comes soon. *crossing my fingers for a somewhat quick fix*
    My Argonian was designed around the Dwarf-Style Brow Shields and she's looking weird without it. :'(
    Edited by meekmiko on March 5, 2018 11:05PM
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)