Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Zos, how dose low pop bonus work?

• Grabber
    Grabber
    ✭✭✭
    I’ll make sure to take a picture during the evening when in sotha ad is averaging 3 bar pop to 1 bar ep and dc, not to mention the guested in guilds. That’s why there is low pop bonus, I feel they could remove it entirely if they locked the pop at the lowest and started counting guested in people
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    What do you know they catch up THOUSANDS of points by zerging at night JUST like I said they are abusing the low pop bonus cause it doesnt go away when they have the most on and it gives way too many points https://imgur.com/a/Sn8uv
  • Grabber
    Grabber
    ✭✭✭
    I’m not saying it’s not broken, it’s just as broken as population equality, stealth, eternal load screens in Cyrodiil, the amount of lag that happens in Cyrodiil, it’s not hard to fix but wait let’s release new content instead of fixing the broken stuff, this game could be great instead of good, just need to fix issues that have been plaguing it for years.
  • Grabber
    Grabber
    ✭✭✭
    Guesting in guilds when a faction is already 3 bars is broken also, along with the gate camping when over populated, no tri keeps should ever be touched unless for scrolls or to dethrone. The gate camping is what drives people out, hence why sotha is just about only ad anymore
    Edited by Grabber on February 28, 2018 9:04PM
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grabber wrote: »
    Guesting in guilds when a faction is already 3 bars is broken also, along with the gate camping when over populated, no tri keeps should ever be touched unless for scrolls or to dethrone. The gate camping is what drives people out, hence why sotha is just about only ad anymore

That is literally the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

If that was intended to be how the game works you wouldn't be able to hold tri keeps at all.

Low pop abuse is a problem cause the bonus isn't going away as it was probably intended and its giving way to many points. DC gained 3k score overNIGHT.
    Edited by ShadowMonarch on February 28, 2018 9:39PM
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://imgur.com/a/M4m3E

Ep lost their low pop bonus and Dc STILL has theirs.

All populations at low.

They gained 3k score over night.

Can we please get a ZOS dev to comment on this and explain exactly how it works or if it is broken and will be fixed.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_MichaelServotte
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_GaryA
    @ZOS_BillE

Read thread and view the screenshots im sure you will agree the bonus is over preforming and broken for the DC faction as they do not lose it even when above medium pop while other factions at low at the time still don't gain it.

• C.davis
    C.davis
    We need some answers. Sersiously how does low pop bonus work?

[edited title for clarity]

https://imgur.com/a/c91iO

pls see attached image. ;)
    You can check the populations in real time by hitting L, check it every hour and it'll clear things up for you why both ep and dc keep low pop.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    C.davis wrote: »

You can check the populations in real time by hitting L, check it every hour and it'll clear things up for you why both ep and dc keep low pop.

Yea im glad we took back the map from that night cap were DC gained 3k points over night.

And what do you know they STILL almost getting more points then us. Even after your groups all logged out cause they were beaten, which when we beat them we were at low pop too.

Funny how you guys give up and then blame the population that didn't give up for it.

Maybe you should check the attached images? https://imgur.com/a/Da4OH https://imgur.com/a/gV0nD
    Edited by ShadowMonarch on March 1, 2018 4:41AM
  • C.davis
    C.davis
    C.davis wrote: »

Yea im glad we took back the map from that night cap were DC gained 3k points over night.

And what do you know they STILL almost getting more points then us. Even after your groups all logged out cause they were beaten, which when we beat them we were at low pop too.

Funny how you guys give up and then blame the population that didn't give up for it.

Maybe you should check the attached images? https://imgur.com/a/Da4OH https://imgur.com/a/gV0nD

DC never got above 1 bar during prime time, and EP might have gotten 2 bar. There are no huge DC groups, people don't type IV or Knight or whatever it is to get into some huge pug zerg.

I think it is awesome that DC got 3k points overnight. They can overcome facing such overwhelming numbers from your faction to take all the map. The covenant are clearly high caliber players.

You keep doing your thing, i'll keep enjoying the extra 20% ap the low pop bonus gives me :)
  • patents
    patents
    ✭✭✭
    have to give kudos to DC players for knowing how to make use of this broken game mechanism to their advantage, just a matter of time before they win this campaign, could be this or the next

well, if i'm DC, i might have probably done the same thing lol

but just saying this Low Population bonus mechanism is broken and exploited

i'm off playing my new toon under EP banner :p

no DC for me, too many exploiters prevalent in this faction in my opinion, i think they did that in Vivec too, leading now because of the bonus. saw a EP complaining on the forum.

hope ZOS do something about this, if not, oh well

peace out...
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    patents wrote: »
    have to give kudos to DC players for knowing how to make use of this broken game mechanism to their advantage, just a matter of time before they win this campaign, could be this or the next

Those DC are masterminds. Just compare the leaderboards. They have each voluntarily given up the extra couple million AP they could have earned, all in order to win the campaign and get the grand reward of...ummm...5 purple rings and 50 trans crystals instead. Geniuses, the lot of them!

:p
    Edited by esotoon on March 1, 2018 6:12AM
  • patents
    patents
    ✭✭✭
    here's an update, i need to roll a DC toon as well for the end of campaign rewards!! :p

i guess it helps to have all 3 factions but nonetheless, exploit is an exploit, even 3 bar AD cant win this, too bad lol :(

ill give it 1-2 more days before DC ends up top, 2 days max

https://imgur.com/a/26qbz

let's see how is it 24 hours later :)
    Edited by patents on March 1, 2018 12:56PM
  • DamianDemonist
    Idk what you are doing Patents? Are you helping EP and DC look good? You just proving why both factions are getting low pop bonus, I just do not have words to say.

Thanks for making me laugh tho.
  • Grabber
    Grabber
    ✭✭✭
    Lol everyone’s complaining about low pop bonus just call more of your vivec guilds in to stop the 6 man night cap crew since it takes ad a 4-1 advantage to win a battle or take a Keep.
  • patents
    patents
    ✭✭✭
    Idk what you are doing Patents? Are you helping EP and DC look good? You just proving why both factions are getting low pop bonus, I just do not have words to say.

Thanks for making me laugh tho.

you are welcomed :)
  • patents
    patents
    ✭✭✭
    Grabber wrote: »
    Lol everyone’s complaining about low pop bonus just call more of your vivec guilds in to stop the 6 man night cap crew since it takes ad a 4-1 advantage to win a battle or take a Keep.

hmm, probably not, from the look of it, 3 bar zerg can't beat low pop bonus exploit

let's see how it goes in a day or 2

i think the best bet now is to roll 1 more DC toon, can't beat them? join them! :)
    Edited by patents on March 1, 2018 3:52PM
  • Grabber
    Grabber
    ✭✭✭
    3 bar Zerg with about another 1.5-2 guested in lol
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    @usmcjdking you said yourself last night, that DC players know that they can log on after midnight, nightcap the map and then log off DC and possibly win the campaign. (I know YOU aren’t).

(I was doing a trial last night; sorry we didn’t get to talk more.)

And on cue, DC groups logged on at midnight, nightcapped the map and emped at 4:30am CST, then took everything in Sotha and logged out, assuring that they would keep the low pop bonus.

And now, yeah... DC will most likely keep this routine/pace up and win the campaign.

You asked me if AD knows that their continuing to play in large numbers all day and into primetime could cost them a campaign. To be honest, outside of IV, I don’t know of any large AD guilds that are even *ON* Sotha. And the others are low-ranking players that are just there, running around.

And when they see that DC is getting over 100 points by owning 3 keeps... OF COURSE they’re going to go take tri keeps.

I won’t make any easy jokes about campaign rewards, save to say that most people who regularly finish in the top 10 find those rewards less than desirable... so we don’t really care about winning, to that end. (Anyone looking to buy a gold Ring of Cyrodiil’s Light? PM me.)

Bottom line: Is this an “exploit?” No... because ZOS hasn’t called it an exploit. Are DC players/groups benefitting from it? Outside of it probably being hilarious to them, that they can win the campaign this way, I would say no. Is it bush league? Yeah, I would say so. And is it going to prolong gate-camping by AD pugs? Absolutely it will.

AD players will eventually leave the campaign, and DC players will return, followed by cries of foul by DC when AD wins by low pop. lol

Don’t you just love the cycles that each year brings? lol
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Low Pop bonus is based on long term trends in population levels. If an alliance consistently has much less players online than the others theyre going to get a low pop bonus even if they have equal numbers for a short period of time during prime time or whatever.

What doesn't make sense about that? If your alliance has a numbers advantage for 75% of the day (and night), you cant expect to win by default just because you get to PvDoor and hold the whole map during the off-hours.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    The Low Pop bonus is based on long term trends in population levels. If an alliance consistently has much less players online than the others theyre going to get a low pop bonus even if they have equal numbers for a short period of time during prime time or whatever.

What doesn't make sense about that? If your alliance has a numbers advantage for 75% of the day (and night), you cant expect to win by default just because you get to PvDoor and hold the whole map during the off-hours.

This theory has already been dis-proven.
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm, no?
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    ... If your alliance has a numbers advantage for 75% of the day (and night), you cant expect to win by default just because you get to PvDoor and hold the whole map during the off-hours.

I honestly, legitimately, don’t know if you’re joking.
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    What do you know DC finally loses their low pop bonus, curiously its just after they catch up over 12k score and take first place in the campaign.
  • patents
    patents
    ✭✭✭
    well, i think i missed out the 3k gain before 28 Feb but nonetheless

here's an update

https://imgur.com/a/Jx9uH

and the winner is "DC with Low Pop Bonus Exploit"

i'm sorry AD, but your 3 bar zerg is useless lol

Please give a round of applause to DC! Kudos!! 12k points in 4 days!! BRAVO!!!!

<insert clapping hand gif here>

:p
    Edited by patents on March 2, 2018 5:02AM
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This will be the first time I lay witness to a low population bonus ending in a victory.

AD is so braindead that, despite being told how to easily defeat low pop bonus - they use the same tactic and are surprised when a mechanic that literally only appears when you use said tactic and is designed to stop you from doing it does it's job.

This thread has gone from the sad refusal of information to absolutely comical.
  • patents
    patents
    ✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    This will be the first time I lay witness to a low population bonus ending in a victory.

AD is so braindead that, despite being told how to easily defeat low pop bonus - they use the same tactic and are surprised when a mechanic that literally only appears when you use said tactic and is designed to stop you from doing it does it's job.

i believed this has been happening for sometime, 1st time someone actually took some effect to bring the pictures to the forum perhaps?

DC is the best!!! :p

can't stop me from re-rolling to join the best faction though *smirk*
    Edited by patents on March 2, 2018 5:21AM
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    patents wrote: »
    usmcjdking wrote: »

i believed this has been happening for sometime, 1st time someone actually took some effect to bring the pictures to the forum perhaps?

DC is the best!!! :p

can't stop me from re-rolling to join the best faction though *smirk*

It's the first time because AD isn't altering their playstyle. If you have 50 players on for 20 hours of the day compared to the 5-10 from the other 2 factions - you are going to ensure they maintain a low pop bonus. And when all those 50 AD log off, they get PVDoor'd by like 8 DC and 5 EP.

Winning the campaign and good PVP are not necessarily correlative to eachother. You either crush the map and all PVP 24/7 or you run the risk of a late faction rally.

Like I said, there is no exploiting going on. It requires two factions for low population bonus to kick in. One faction to set the bar (AD) and one faction to be massively underrepresented (DC). DC is not exploiting anymore than AD is allowing them to and AD's inability to process this simple concept is comical.
    Edited by usmcjdking on March 2, 2018 6:06AM
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heike wrote: »
    And when they see that DC is getting over 100 points by owning 3 keeps... OF COURSE they’re going to go take tri keeps.

So basically, what you're saying is:

"I value campaign score so much, that I'm willing to kill the campaign in order to attain said score.

I value my arbitrary points (which I myself admit have no actual, tangible value), more than I value healthy PvP on this server."

Well. I'm glad we got that out in the open.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • D0RID0RI240
    D0RID0RI240
    ✭✭✭✭
    All of this moaning and tinfoil hatting about low pop bonus, and yet the dozen or so DC that regularly log on to a full raid of AD camping inside the DC (and, for that matter EP) scroll temple gates just want to pvp. There are persons who have posted in the last 24 hours in this thread who regularly run with said pug zerg and are perfectly content to claim every keep they can under a guild named AFTER THEM who profess to small scale and honestmy do not really seem to want to pvp at all. Winning the campaign by 5000 plus points and holding down everything down to Rayles lumbermill with an iron fist to do so seems paramount. The straining to be in the right here is highly dubious on the part of AD, if nothing else.
    Edited by D0RID0RI240 on March 2, 2018 1:31PM
  • Grabber
    Grabber
    ✭✭✭
    Ep and dc had ad to the gates last night until some ad called in a couple vivec guilds and also proceeded to go 3 bars pop, mind you dc and ep were 1 bar from noon until midnight