The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New Content HM too hard?

xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Well im always up for hard stuff so for me nothing feels too hard.
Edited by xenowarrior92eb17_ESO on February 22, 2018 5:56PM

New Content HM too hard? 267 votes

Yes.
20%
vailjohn_ESOMoloch1514BarsBleakravenSeptimus_MagnaNebthet78anitajoneb17_ESODomanderLaerothKeykalynElijah_Crowfalcasternub18_ESOLoves_guarsFauxHunterTanis-StormbinderashigrayPE_BagaturDagoth_RacLynx7386Rhaegar75Shanjijri 55 votes
No.
40%
Joy_DivisionDeadlyRecluseAcrolasInklingsCorrinosssewallb14_ESOWuffyCeruleiSvenjaVolvoXXDschiPeuntninibiniAzuryaHrogunCyberOnEsoLadyAstrumSkayaqkwisatzYakidafiSaturnsebban 108 votes
Not hard enough.
10%
RebMilvantwnhnyanothermeCustos91AjaxduoCinder82ApheriusTheRealSnikercrusnik91IccotakLegendaryArcherBlackleopardexBlazingDynamoJuhasowSchmetterfroschMeld777Gorathchris211Kikke 28 votes
NERF EVERYTHING!
3%
Morgha_KulLeyJura23FLuFFyxMuFFiNmethod__01EvilCrocjssriotFroilYdrisselle 9 votes
I'm just another snowflake.
6%
SkuazariasdtlcbethshebamyvenCinbrishadeloncode65536DankstaArchMikemInhuman003LioraValkyriealephthiagoKuramas9tailsViciousBunniiSqueaky_CleanFakeFoxzsban 18 votes
I dont PvE.
1%
AnhedonieDerraKalanteswippy 4 votes
I dont care.
5%
Kendaricaubrey.baconb16_ESOEirellaRebornV3xCadburyCaliMadeAhmborphileunderx2RANKK7MinarasLauregepe87Geroken777SergykidVarcarus 14 votes
We need Hardmode for Hardmodes.
11%
Drembo14_ESOxenowarrior92eb17_ESOBlobskyDarkheartjarydfactoshTaleof2CitiesAlcastMilwaukeeScottStiltzYo_DonnoRunefangTyharRouDeRemilyhyoyeonNidroBakkagamikiLLahweSPeMarabornwingrionKagetenchu 31 votes
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's Buggy like hell
  • Stania
    Stania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard due to the bugs it has.
    Edited by Stania on February 22, 2018 5:52PM
    PC NA server
    ¡Hablo español!
    |vet trial #1|vet trial #2|vet trial #3 HM|Another vet trial|a hard-to-get achievement|
    My characters:
    <List of characters that no one cares to know with their classes and roles>

"Inspirational quote"
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    They've gone on the record saying that they want the hard modes to feel really hard, so with that in mind I think they accomplished their goal.

I think tightening up hitboxes and timing would go a long way, though. Sometimes it feels like you had no choice but to accept death (getting released from Zaan's fire just as the statue AOE comes up, even if you were on a seam...). The HMs are pretty much a cluster, too... not really what I want. That's a personal preference though, it just makes it hard for me to focus with so many particle effects flying around on my screen.

I figure once I get them down on farm they won't be nearly as annoying, but sometimes I just want every model in the game to be replaced with generic Unity cubes and pills so I can clearly tell whether or not I'm going to die. No complaints about the difficulty itself, though.

Edited by rhapsodious on February 22, 2018 9:51PM
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    The Hard Modes on Scalecaller Peak and Fang Lair are just right!

If only all Hard Modes were as hard.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Are they hard? Yes. But a hard mode should be hard so I like them the way they are.
  • Cinder82
    Cinder82
    ✭✭✭
    Not hard enough.
    nothing in this game is hard when you use a brain and know every mechanic. cleared scallcaller HM 3 times in the first week, took a few hours practise and ezpz after. from now on all new HM's shld become harder and harder. or dont call it HARDMODE! the casual can stay in normal or vet-mode. i want to be challanged!
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    just the damn rng!
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes.
    It's the damn RNG, a group could be more than capable of doing it but say in Mazza if the healer has to destroy the statue the run is ruined. Happened to my group 6 times in a row. :|
  • Corrinos
    Corrinos
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    No. The carebearification of this game has seeped into too many areas already.
  • Corrinos
    Corrinos
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    pod88kk wrote: »
    It's the damn RNG, a group could be more than capable of doing it but say in Mazza if the healer has to destroy the statue the run is ruined. Happened to my group 6 times in a row. :|

Sounds like a LTP issue to me.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How bored would the typical player be if <2 weeks in, HM on the new content was a breeze?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather they tone down the one shot mechanics in hard mode. Like give a bit more time to avoid the poison cones in Scalecaller and making the ghost lines in Fang Lair a bit less frequent. Other than that the other mechanics are manageable with proper awareness.

So yeah, would rather they reduce the difficulty for HM a bit, make it a bit less clusterf.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've gone on the record saying that they want the hard modes to feel really hard, so with that in mind I think they accomplished their goal.

I think tightening up hitboxes and timing would go a long way, though. Sometimes it feels like you had no choice but to accept death (getting released from Zaan's fire just as the statue AOE comes up, even if you were on a seam...). The HMs are pretty much a cluster, too... not really what I want.

I figure once I get them down they won't be nearly as annoying, but sometimes I just want every model in the game to be replaced with generic Unity cubes and pills so I can clearly tell whether or not I'm going to die.
    Yes its my understanding to, think took a long time for serious good players to clear HM.
    On the other hand they want veteran mode do be doable by decent players.
    So you do vet for gear, HM you do for skin and glory, and yes treat it as progression.
    The idea that vet==HM has to die,
    That is for DLC, now refusing HM in Wayrest1 after smooth run is not nice then some need pledge :(. had some said they needed no death run instead I would have no issue outside the ones who ask for no death run in vault of madness and splat on base jumping :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Well im always up for hard stuff so for me nothing feels too hard.

IMHO the new dungeons are too difficult on veteran. The average pug group is going to be annihilated. I like a decent challenge - but when the difficulty is so excessive that it becomes frustrating all it does is destroy my fun.

All that being said: I don't really have an issue with the hard modes in particular being very difficult. So I guess my specific answer to your poll question is no. But if you had asked me if I thought the veteran mode itself was too difficult - then my answer would have been yes.
    Edited by Jeremy on February 22, 2018 8:17PM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    Its literally just perfect.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NERF EVERYTHING!
    This game needs to be more like my all time favorite MMO, Hello Kitty Online. That game is easy and it makes me feel good because it gives me the illusion that I have actual skill unlike this game that makes me feel bad.
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not hard enough.
    The content that comes out nowadays is a joke. None of the vet bosses require even medium dps. If you follow the very simple mechanics, you can light attack your way through everything.

From the HMs I'd expect at least some kind of DPS check. At least medium DPS should be required. But it's not. Both HMs are very doable with low dps, as long as people don't stand in stupid and follow mechanics.

Remember the Imperial City patch? vICP 2nd boss pre-nerfs? That's what you call a real boss! B)

Remember Doshia?
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Meld777 wrote: »
    The content that comes out nowadays is a joke. None of the vet bosses require even medium dps. If you follow the very simple mechanics, you can light attack your way through everything.

From the HMs I'd expect at least some kind of DPS check. At least medium DPS should be required. But it's not. Both HMs are very doable with low dps, as long as people don't stand in stupid and follow mechanics.

Remember the Imperial City patch? vICP 2nd boss pre-nerfs? That's what you call a real boss! B)

Remember Doshia?

I would love to see a group light attack their way through a veteran scalecaller peak. I do not for a second believe that is possible.

Edited by Jeremy on February 22, 2018 8:50PM
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Remember Doshia?

To be fair, your post reads like you've scoured these kinda of threads for a while, gathered all the badassery contained within them and condensed it into a single post. Light attacks. You've obviously not done the new content or at best completely talking through your ass so you can just use all the usual sound bites in one post.
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like hard stuff unless the reward is worth it.

Nor do I like cheap deaths

• Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not hard enough.
    Couple of chill nights spent on this whilst it was bugged (still is I've heard), cleared. It wasn't overly hard, just requires positioning and basic understanding of mechanics, dps, tanking, healing. I would argue that ESO's content is a lot easier compared to other games in my opinion.

Tip; having a single person on voice to call out mechanics and estimate times before said mechanics happen, etc will help an incredible amount. If you are pugging? Yeah I wouldn't recommend it.
    Edited by Ajaxduo on February 22, 2018 9:25PM
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    nah, its just fine for HARD MODE content, non hm is there if you think hm is too hard
  • ItsNebula
    ItsNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not hard enough.
    In my opinion it’s to easy.

Then again my DPS on my main is 47.6k solo and 44k solo on a 6mil.. while I also run with a 54k sDK and group buffs in dungeons so sure I may have a top tier group but even mechanics seem almost to easy. We did a blind run and finished within a hour 30, and we’re avout to get the skin but healer usually dies on final boss for what ever reason
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Absolutely not, having watched youtube vids of it being completed, I feel people that want a challenge deserve more. I will probably never attempt it..and that is fine, horses for courses and all that. People that want stuff nerfed should either get better or just live with it.
    Edited by greylox on February 22, 2018 9:59PM
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not hard enough.
    Jeremy wrote: »

Remember Doshia?

I would love to see a group light attack their way through a veteran scalecaller peak. I do not for a second believe that is possible.

There is not a single DPS check. First boss, as long as everyone goes into ice as soon as they see a circle under them, they can spend as much time as they want there. Interrupt the middle boss, hide behind ice pillar. Repeat. For all the other bosses, mechanics are %-based. So you can take your time slowly light attacking every single add to death. Just don't stand in stupid. And there isn't much stupid. If you get stoned, another person can free you. You can take all the time you want. Same on last boss. You can beat her with 10k dps. Maybe less. It's no challenge whatsoever. The two ice statues spawn every 20%, not time-based. Zero pressure.
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not hard enough.
    Just saw snowflake, I can’t have you scrubs in my glorious skin and personality
  • Jarryzzt
    Jarryzzt
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a dramatic disparity in difficulty - in my opinion - between pre-DLC content, "old" DLC content, and "new" DLC content. In all modes, not just HM.

This does not mean that Scalecaller is "hard" or "impossible" in a spherical vacuum, particularly for an experienced group. On the other hand, I don't think anyone will dispute that doing Scalecaller and then immediately random-jumping into vet CoA 1 - as happened to me recently - presents a cognitive dissonance, as in, how can both of these belong in the same game mode?? [Honestly, through the first couple of bosses in CoA I thought I'd accidentally queued up for normal and not vet.]

In other words, "absolute" and "relative" are two different things, and I think the "relative" bit is starting to make less and less sense as they roll out new DLCs with increasingly...let's not call it harder, but more involved content.

So I would not vote in the OP's poll that the new content is "too hard" in an absolute sense of the word. I would instead suggest that it is on a different level than, say, pre-DLC stuff, and at some point ZOS might wish to actually start addressing this issue (either adding more mode "gradations", or reworking the pre-DLC stuff up to Scalecaller levels, or whatever).
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    pod88kk wrote: »

It won't take healer if they are farthest away before totem phase.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corrinos wrote: »
    No. The carebearification of this game has seeped into too many areas already.

polar-bear-hug.jpg

CUDDLE ME.

Edited by ArchMikem on February 22, 2018 11:27PM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    It's not that the dungeons vHMs are too hard, it's that there is so little room for error that the fights feel more frustrating than anything. When everything can kill you and many telegraphs are too brief to react to, players don't learn, they just start feeling attacked by the game.

The key principle to good game design is If the player dies, it should be clear what they did to end up that way. In the current paradigm of ESO, it's more often the game telling you that you're dead, rather than warning you of danger.