The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Should Crowns be able to be bought using in game Gold?

• Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    254qjm.jpg
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Nope... and I have only bought crowns to buy DLCs and nothing else.

Some people have millions and millions of in game gold, gold literally grows in zombies. It would cause rampant inflation in crown prices. And it would be super easy for gold sellers to just turn the gold into crowns. Basically it would be a complete disaster.

I am happy getting the occasional free crown crate.
  • Lunaugh
    Lunaugh
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I feel that crowns or at least some crown benifits should be purchasable by inordinate amounts of in game currency. Currently the in game economy could use some black wholes to siphon the excess.

....or I'd like to say. I was unaware that "gold farmers" were a real thing. Browsing the interwebs, I discovered several sites (some of which had what seemed be legitimate reviews encouraging trust in delivery of gold).
    If gold were allowed to purchase crowns, the amount would need to factor in the average cost of buying gold on the farming market outside of ESO; it should not be cheaper to buy crowns via gold purchased on the black market than it is to buy crowns the normal way. I'd recommend Against allowing it until the gold-farmers are either put down or heavily monitored.
    dataOutput ={ }
    function: ConvertMagica (dataOutput, magicaInput, skill,fn)
    >>> if skill then do
    >>>>>> magicaInput = fn(skill)
    >>>>>>table.insert(dataOutput, magicaInput)
    >>>end
    end
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I dream of a daily reward system where we could earn up to 10 Crowns per week ...but I'm aware this is an MMORPG and not a mobile game.
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Do you want professional gold farmers and even more bot trains? Because this is how you get professional gold farmers and even more bot trains. See: EVE Online.
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Sure why not..could be a liMIT. Like..2000 a mon the can be bought this way.

Most games have a free currency system of Some sort. Zos is greedy big time

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not think the poll would really matter even if it was a good poll. GW2 and how they do things are also irrelevant. While I am sure Zos looks at other games for some ideas, in the end they make a choice and how crowns are is their choice. They will not give the poll a second thought but that is mostly because it is not designed to give valid information about the playerbase.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guild Wars 2 has the ability to convert crowns to gold and vice versa depending on player supply and demand, and that did not break their game.
  • Beamer_Miasma
    Beamer_Miasma
    ✭✭✭
    No
    What would be the point of first having to buy crowns and not directly pay with gold? Adding a merchant that sells crown store items directly for gold would probably be easier to achieve for ZOS, and certainly be easier for the players. Not going to happen of course, the sole purpose of the crown store is to make real money, but if we're speaking hypothetically then why not keep it simple?
  • Asha_Mar
    Asha_Mar
    ✭✭
    I like Wildstar's approach. By playing you can slowly earn the currency that can be spent in their Store. There's a cap, so you can only get X amount per day (I think it was 5 or so, which rises to 10 or something if you are a subscriber). Think it is a really nice touch. You can get a slow but steady stream of the currency just by playing, giving you the option to save up that way, or if you are really after something quickly from the store, you can still spend ££.

No idea about their financial situation so who knows if it works out well for them.

Either way, can't imagine ESO adopting the same approach in the future anyway!
  • Melissa1414
    Melissa1414
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I think the price of crowns needs to go down. Not everyone is made of money.
    Edited by Melissa1414 on February 27, 2018 7:27AM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Wether being able to buy with gold (wich for me is as scarce and difficult to get as crowns) or being able to earn crowns somehow within the game, I like both, but I preffer the second option.
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I suppose if 100 Crowns could be bought for 100,000 Gold, I do not see a problem. More options that incentivize long-term play are always a good thing. People would be more inclined to spend money on getting Crowns directly, for mounts and limited time offers, and ESO+. A gold exchange would probably be more utilized for crates if anything since most of the rewards are trash and a huge waste of shekels.