Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

WHY WONT MIATS ADDON DIE?

• Alite
    Alite
    ✭✭✭
    Chori wrote: »
    Alite wrote: »
    Jokes on all you scrubs, my friend actually found a fix for it and only shared it with people he's close to, so we all still have access to it while most people don't.
    Talk about an unfair advantage right? You guys will be begging miat to fix his add on when most pvpers get their hands on the fix and the *** ad snipers are left in the dark lol

Pardon me, sincerely, if I'm misunderstanding you. Are you calling people who don't use an addon that lets you know where ALL enemies are within a certain proximity to the addon user, even if they're in stealth, "scrubs"?

You might want to get your facts straight, it doesn't do that. And yeah, most people complaining about it are *** players that hide in stealth to get a snipe off because they're not skilled enough to get a kill any other way, so yes they are scrubs.

Either way I don't really need the fixed addon, but it's nice to have, I can just picture the bad players screaming "I THOUGHT ZOS FIXED IT HOW DID HE KNOW I WAS SNIPING HIM REEEEE"

You might as well join the scrubs club if you need an addon to perform so flawlessly :D

Funny, I could *** on you in game if you wanted to, how would you feel about getting *** on by a scrub? Mssg me in game anytime big boi (and i defs won't need any miats type addons for that ;))
    Edited by Alite on July 10, 2020 6:43AM
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jokes on all you scrubs, my friend actually found a fix for it and only shared it with people he's close to, so we all still have access to it while most people don't.
    Talk about an unfair advantage right? You guys will be begging miat to fix his add on when most pvpers get their hands on the fix and the *** ad snipers are left in the dark lol

Pardon me, sincerely, if I'm misunderstanding you. Are you calling people who don't use an addon that lets you know where ALL enemies are within a certain proximity to the addon user, even if they're in stealth, "scrubs"?

You might want to get your facts straight, it doesn't do that. And yeah, most people complaining about it are *** players that hide in stealth to get a snipe off because they're not skilled enough to get a kill any other way, so yes they are scrubs.

Either way I don't really need the fixed addon, but it's nice to have, I can just picture the bad players screaming "I THOUGHT ZOS FIXED IT HOW DID HE KNOW I WAS SNIPING HIM REEEEE"

Well, I keep hearing that it did and did not tell the user the number of players within proximity to them. Two people right above this comment you made say it did, even if players were in stealth. Personally, I don't use very many addons as it seems to make the game clunkier the more you add, so I never used it. Anyway, contrary to what you claim others insist that it did.
  • Alite
    Alite
    ✭✭✭

Well, I keep hearing that it did and did not tell the user the number of players within proximity to them. Two people right above this comment you made say it did, even if players were in stealth. Personally, I don't use very many addons as it seems to make the game clunkier the more you add, so I never used it. Anyway, contrary to what you claim others insist that it did.

I wrote that in the present tense: IT DOESNT DO THAT, and it hasn't for a long time in fact,
  • Chori
    Chori
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chori wrote: »

You might as well join the scrubs club if you need an addon to perform so flawlessly :D

Funny, I could probably school you in game if you wanted to, how would you feel about getting *** on by a scrub? Mssg me in game anytime big boi (and i defs won't need any miats type addons for that ;))

All those flavors out there and you choose to be salty, my name is on my signature, I barely play enough to be competitive and pretty sure people around here knows I'm a scrub myself. Feel free to send me one of those salt quality PMs after either you die or survive

edit: grammar fail check
    Edited by Chori on March 6, 2018 8:44PM
    EP NA-PC - Invictus - Odem Mortis
    1. Stamina NB Cat - ChoriB'Good
    2. Magicka NB High Elf - Lîndara
    3. Stam Sorc High Elf - Lindara Moonlight
    4. Red Guard Stamina DK - Chorî
    5. Red Guard Stamina Templar - Choripaninikinnie
    6. Magplar High Elf - Vagitarian Sillonour
    Don't tell me you lag, I play with 200-300 ms all the time ^_^
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Obviously no way to verify your claims but given the porous state of the API and ZOS's terrible band aid jobs, this is both likely and plausible.

Sucks for all the braying donkeys screaming "MIATS IS H4X0RS." Now anyone that discovers powerful new way to use the API will keep it quiet and only distribute it to their friends All the while pretending that they are actually "GUD" Business as usual in cydodiill. Information/Exploits >>>>>> skill. Always.

Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on March 7, 2018 12:02AM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dorrino wrote: »
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    Jadokis wrote: »
    The funny thing is Miat is actually an amazing player, and also a stamblade so his own addon even negatively affected him in certain ways. God forbid someone tries to bring some fairness into PvP. All the snippers mad they can't hit some guy for 9k damage while applying major defile from max range, when that person is already fighting 5 others. Not surprising to see them being vocal haters on an anonymous message board either.

no, they arent. if they were an amazing player, they wouldnt have needed this addon in the first place. Relying on an addon to tell them to dodge incoming attacks that other actually good players on here advise they can see ( or hear actually i think it was) coming without an addon, is the mark of a really poor player.

good players never needed miats in the first place.

It is known that 'good players' don't need any ui whatsoever:)

The state of pvp, referenced above, has nothing to do with any addons.

The state of pvp includes:

- abysmal client (fps) and server (latency) performance;
    - lack of solo objectives and overemphasis on large groups (zergs) pvp;
    - lack of development of cyrodiil;
    - overabundance of old and newly introduced glitches;

Addons can't do anything with the above.

Notifications helped with the lack of proper telegraphs and glitches in the existing ones.

Removal of notifications will just make those issues more clear (and put huge emphasis on stealth yet again).

I have stopped playing the game months before the latest major patch for the reasons above.

With the patch i logged back in to make sure my addons work for people who still play.

But if you insist on giving so much praise to my addon that without a small part of it people suddenly drastically lose their pvp effectiveness - i can only thank you for thinking so highly about my ui development skills <3

You did awesome job by exposing weaknesess of this system. Though your addon was a problem also for me I respect your knowledge and skills (coding ones, don't know you as a player :) )... and again yes, youre right about state of pvp, sadly :/
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • imenace
    imenace
    ✭✭✭
    so does miats still work for attack notifications such as snipe / crystal frag etc? can someone clarify..
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally still works, Miat even made an update for the addon and he gives it out in secret so he doesnt get banned.
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    Elong wrote: »

Thing is, this is most likely true, and/or there's other addons out there that aren't made public. Just cos it isn't on ESOUI doesn't mean it isn't there.

*fastens tinfoil hat* oh really?

It's not a tin foil hat scenario, it's a fact, there's addons out there that aren't public, whether they exploit the game is another matter, but it's possible.

There's a CC auto breaker addon floating around.
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Talk about toxic player
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally still works, Miat even made an update for the addon and he gives it out in secret so he doesnt get banned.

I highly doubt that. If the API still allows this then he certainly wouldn’t do it “secretly“. As he supposedly doesn’t play the game any longer that wouldn’t make sense.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

I highly doubt that. If the API still allows this then he certainly wouldn’t do it “secretly“. As he supposedly doesn’t play the game any longer that wouldn’t make sense.

Yep:)

I play 3-4 times a months. To log to cyro and get bored in a hour.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even though I only rarely pvp myself, this is sad to read. Lost in all of the hate for his addon is that he's a nice guy and a good player.
  • MetalHead4x4
    MetalHead4x4
    ✭✭✭
    I've said it all along, who knows what kind of addons people are using that aren't public. I've played on the opposite side of Miat long enough to know you can't dodge 9/10 attacks. I've tested it before, every major damage dealer I have as a Sorc would miss. Frags, miss, Icy Reach, miss. If I would happen to to hit him or one of his guys he plays with with flame reach, you can see the DoT damage showing miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss literally every single tic. I could literally run out of magicka and hit one of them 3 times during a long fight. No one has that much dodge chance.

These guys who have knowledge to make addons can easily take a program like CE and adapt it to be smaller and focus it on singular things such as dodge chance healing regen, you name it.
    PC/NA Daevyen the Warlock (Sorc)
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    These guys who have knowledge to make addons can easily take a program like CE and adapt it to be smaller and focus it on singular things such as dodge chance healing regen, you name it.

Hi. You are talking a whole load of biscuit waste sir. A big steaming pile of it, authored by a bull.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

These guys who have no knowledge of programming don't realize that things like dodge chance are calculated server side while things like CE manipulate regions of memory client side. The client is trusted with few things combat related and even then, it is fairly easy to detect client memory being fiddled with.

Edited by Xeven on March 13, 2018 11:57AM
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

Even though I only rarely pvp myself, this is sad to read. Lost in all of the hate for his addon is that he's a nice guy and a good player.

This is not because of the addon or any negative attitudes i've got for it over this year.

The state of the game is deteriorating.

I got a lot of sentimental ties to it still. So i might play a bit here and there and/or make an addon if i feel like it.

But with current game direction the game steadily becomes worse and worse for me:(

who knows what kind of addons people are using that aren't public.

I do. Or can figure out relatively fast.
    I've played on the opposite side of Miat long enough to know you can't dodge 9/10 attacks. I've tested it before, every major damage dealer I have as a Sorc would miss. Frags, miss, Icy Reach, miss. If I would happen to to hit him or one of his guys he plays with with flame reach, you can see the DoT damage showing miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss literally every single tic. I could literally run out of magicka and hit one of them 3 times during a long fight. No one has that much dodge chance.

I'll be happy to help you obtain a reliable video evidence of that.

Yep, all possible explanations besides an obvious lack of your understanding of the game mechanics:(
    Edited by Dorrino on March 14, 2018 1:49AM
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that banning the addon has done is that there are way more snipers in Cyro now. Dodging a frag, clench, nightblade bow is still easy enough. Every addon which counters a xv1 snipe hero who thinks its cool to magelight gank is a good addon in my book.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bosov wrote: »
    The only thing that banning the addon has done is that there are way more snipers in Cyro now. Dodging a frag, clench, nightblade bow is still easy enough. Every addon which counters a xv1 snipe hero who thinks its cool to magelight gank is a good addon in my book.

Its easy to counter such snipers without addon. Miats is crap cheat because make every sneak atack useless.
    Things should work as intended, gankers are annoying but they are part of gameplay, and miats not.
    I've heard miats works now again due to bug. Zeni team done something wrong, so problem exists
    Edited by Anethum on March 19, 2018 4:34AM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miat's addon won't die because it's the singularity. No one knows it but a point came where it became the player and we became the game. It will eventually conquer and eradicate life as we know it as if it was a disease. It will grow into something we cannot fathom.

You fools. We tried to tell you.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    diplomatt wrote: »

Its easy to counter such snipers without addon. Miats is crap cheat because make every sneak atack useless.
    Things should work as intended, gankers are annoying but they are part of gameplay, and miats not.
    I've heard miats works now again due to bug. Zeni team done something wrong, so problem exists

In a perfect game there wouldn’t be lag and you couldn’t glitch Lethal Arrow from stealth, and the game cues would work reliable. We’re so far from that state that Miat’s was an awesome addition.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭

In a perfect game there wouldn’t be lag and you couldn’t glitch Lethal Arrow from stealth, and the game cues would work reliable. We’re so far from that state that Miat’s was an awesome addition.

nbs get same lag in another situations in this unperfect game. miats is awesome cheat, which kill part of gameplay. i say this as player who play all existing classes not as priest of only one.
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think Miats is even needed , I can hear snipes being fired from stealth, I play a lot of PUBG we’re hearing is extremely important , it might just be me though but I know for a fact you can hear range attacks being fired at you from stealth. However when I see someone dodging a spam bush/Incap strike from stealth/point blank range ,I know they are being carried by miats. I know this add on is a cheat because I fought the Addons creator before and after he made the addon, he went from being a haderus pug who constantly got farmed to an elite 1vxer almost over night.
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as ZOS does nothing about the CE cheaters, Ill be running my Miats.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Potenza wrote: »
    As long as ZOS does nothing about the CE cheaters, Ill be running my Miats.

What means CE?
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nbs get same lag in another situations in this unperfect game. miats is awesome cheat, which kill part of gameplay. i say this as player who play all existing classes not as priest of only one.

Lag benefits the one who dictates when the first strike falls. And guess who that is most times.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Lag benefits the one who dictates when the first strike falls. And guess who that is most times.

Not always.

With Asylum bow builds for instance lag means you're not going to land Bombard/Acid Spray before Lethal Arrow due to the delay & thus almost the entire build stops functioning.

I can see the same being the case for overload gank builds which need to throw out those 2x Overload light attacks immediately after Crystal Blast cast finishes, not 5 seconds later.