Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

WHY WONT MIATS ADDON DIE?

• Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miat ...........just let it go.....
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dorrino wrote: »
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    Jadokis wrote: »
    The funny thing is Miat is actually an amazing player, and also a stamblade so his own addon even negatively affected him in certain ways. God forbid someone tries to bring some fairness into PvP. All the snippers mad they can't hit some guy for 9k damage while applying major defile from max range, when that person is already fighting 5 others. Not surprising to see them being vocal haters on an anonymous message board either.

no, they arent. if they were an amazing player, they wouldnt have needed this addon in the first place. Relying on an addon to tell them to dodge incoming attacks that other actually good players on here advise they can see ( or hear actually i think it was) coming without an addon, is the mark of a really poor player.

good players never needed miats in the first place.

It is known that 'good players' don't need any ui whatsoever:)

The state of pvp, referenced above, has nothing to do with any addons.

The state of pvp includes:

- abysmal client (fps) and server (latency) performance;
    - lack of solo objectives and overemphasis on large groups (zergs) pvp;
    - lack of development of cyrodiil;
    - overabundance of old and newly introduced glitches;

Addons can't do anything with the above.

Notifications helped with the lack of proper telegraphs and glitches in the existing ones.

Removal of notifications will just make those issues more clear (and put huge emphasis on stealth yet again).

I have stopped playing the game months before the latest major patch for the reasons above.

With the patch i logged back in to make sure my addons work for people who still play.

But if you insist on giving so much praise to my addon that without a small part of it people suddenly drastically lose their pvp effectiveness - i can only thank you for thinking so highly about my ui development skills <3

Miat's add-on is also good as Troll Guard for PvE players in Cyrodiil.
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dorrino wrote: »

It is known that 'good players' don't need any ui whatsoever:)

The state of pvp, referenced above, has nothing to do with any addons.

The state of pvp includes:

- abysmal client (fps) and server (latency) performance;
    - lack of solo objectives and overemphasis on large groups (zergs) pvp;
    - lack of development of cyrodiil;
    - overabundance of old and newly introduced glitches;

Addons can't do anything with the above.

Notifications helped with the lack of proper telegraphs and glitches in the existing ones.

Removal of notifications will just make those issues more clear (and put huge emphasis on stealth yet again).

I have stopped playing the game months before the latest major patch for the reasons above.

With the patch i logged back in to make sure my addons work for people who still play.

But if you insist on giving so much praise to my addon that without a small part of it people suddenly drastically lose their pvp effectiveness - i can only thank you for thinking so highly about my ui development skills <3

THIS! I almost feel like quoting it several more times. Stealth was never well thought out in this game. It's been broken from the very beginning of the game. The only reason that NBs weren't the dominant class in Cyrodiil from the beginning was that so many core NB skills were broken for the first 6 months of the game.
    Edited by Talcyndl on February 25, 2018 4:08PM
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah your really good at making addons. TOO GOOD.

Per the bolded note at the top of the addons ESOUI page:

"As far as i know from a very limited testing the notifications features don't work, due to changes on ZOS end.

I have no idea if that can be circumvented, nor i have any desire to investigate.

The rest of the features work fine."

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1545-MiatsPVPAlerts.html

The addon no longer warns of incoming stealth attacks.
    Tal'gro Bol
  • Alite
    Alite
    ✭✭✭
    Jokes on all you scrubs, my friend actually found a fix for it and only shared it with people he's close to, so we all still have access to it while most people don't.
    Talk about an unfair advantage right? You guys will be begging miat to fix his add on when most pvpers get their hands on the fix and the *** ad snipers are left in the dark lol
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    Alite wrote: »
    Jokes on all you scrubs, my friend actually found a fix for it and only shared it with people he's close to, so we all still have access to it while most people don't.
    Talk about an unfair advantage right? You guys will be begging miat to fix his add on when most pvpers get their hands on the fix and the *** ad snipers are left in the dark lol

its just a game, why you heff to be mad?
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

how is this not ban-able?
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stop naming and shaming. :reported:

;)
    Tal'gro Bol
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thing is, this is most likely true, and/or there's other addons out there that aren't made public. Just cos it isn't on ESOUI doesn't mean it isn't there.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Remember what Denzel Washington said in "Training Day"?

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAXUAAAAJGVmYTEzN2JkLTJlMTQtNDJkYy04ZjYwLTk3Y2UwMTM0Y2VlYg.png
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

Thing is, this is most likely true, and/or there's other addons out there that aren't made public. Just cos it isn't on ESOUI doesn't mean it isn't there.

*fastens tinfoil hat* oh really?
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because the API allows for open-source and free use of privately or publicly developed add-ons. It always has been and always will be. That's the point. I have close to a dozen private add-ons I've developed or my friends have developed that I use to make management of my trade guilds more automated or streamlined. Those mods are so ridiculously custom in some cases they'd literally be useless to anyone else who doesn't also have a database structured the way I do to house the data I'm housing. And others give me a competitive advantage when it comes to recruitment - players can see the nifty systems we've built and if they like it, they join and want to stay because they like how we manage things and the work they can plainly see we put into it.

The exact same *** happens with combat add-ons, it always has. This is the *** that none of the fuckwits on the forums and Zone chat who mindlessly bash Miat don't understand. As cancerous as mods like this are when they actually have an impact on combat, until someone publishes one or otherwise shares it with ZOS, they can't fix the underlying holes in the API or the game at large that cause this *** to be possible.

Oh, and for the record - without a single mod active, I'd still put my money on Miat in a 1v1 against basically any player in the game. He is good.
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭

Omg bruh I found and edited the add on as well. I have CS degree so it didn’t take me long to figure out a work around *hint queue combat music,etc*
    Edited by A_G_G_R_O on February 27, 2018 7:32PM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »

Omg bruh I found and edited the add on as well. I have CS degree so it didn’t take me long to figure out a work around *hint que combat music,etc*

Why do you folks want to break the game? :(
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, and for the record, I am the one who first posted this:

254q0r.jpg

• Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

*fastens tinfoil hat* oh really?

It's not a tin foil hat scenario, it's a fact, there's addons out there that aren't public, whether they exploit the game is another matter, but it's possible.
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a tin foil hat scenario, it's a fact, there's addons out there that aren't public, whether they exploit the game is another matter, but it's possible.

And this was the case prior to Miats being released publicly.
    Tal'gro Bol
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they are able to use sound cues then they are probably still out there. Unless those sound cues from abilities are also a combat event it could be a work around. Geez I hope not.
    Edited by Ranger209 on February 28, 2018 6:54PM
  • Jadokis
    Jadokis
    ✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

Omg bruh I found and edited the add on as well. I have CS degree so it didn’t take me long to figure out a work around *hint que combat music,etc*

It's fun.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

You can't personalize it. Humans, by nature, look for holes in fences. It WILL happen. Software developers are negligent if they don't anticipate and attempt to mitigate it.

The problem here is that ZOS built an online game without properly considering security. We have seen this in multiple areas:

- the client is trusted, insecure, and vulnerable to memory hacking and automation tools (far beyond typical macros)
    - the netcode also has problems and has been shown to be vulnerable to latency exploits (lag switch, etc)
    - the API probably has dozens of side channels available to mimic the contentious functions of Miat's addon and worse
    - there is an ongoing bot issue
    - at launch the game didn't even have mail spam detection

Software has to be built with security in mind from the start. I think ZOS put it in the 'we'll worry about it later' bucket. Now they don't want to fix the problems because they're too big and will require too much work. (and therefore $$$)

The API thing doesn't bother me very much because the lack of client security dwarfs it in significance. It's what enables the worst kinds of cheats in online gaming -- to which ESO is vulnerable.
    Edited by zyk on February 28, 2018 10:03PM
  • Alite
    Alite
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't feel like anyone is catching on to the new addon, tbh I expected it to spread like wild fire.

Regardless, it's nice being able to dodge the snipes from stealth and having people be so confused about how I did it. Hopefully it stays this way, miat's addon dying might be the best thing that could have happened to those types of combat addons.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭

Pardon me, sincerely, if I'm misunderstanding you. Are you calling people who don't use an addon that lets you know where ALL enemies are within a certain proximity to the addon user, even if they're in stealth, "scrubs"?
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pardon me, sincerely, if I'm misunderstanding you. Are you calling people who don't use an addon that lets you know where ALL enemies are within a certain proximity to the addon user, even if they're in stealth, "scrubs"?

Miats never "Let you know where all the enemies" were. It simply warned of incoming stealth attacks. It didn't let you actively hunt stealthed enemies, just take action to minimize incoming damage.

Tal'gro Bol
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »

Miats never "Let you know where all the enemies" were. It simply warned of incoming stealth attacks. It didn't let you actively hunt stealthed enemies, just take action to minimize incoming damage.

So I was hearing fake news? ha ha I never used it. Still, you have to admit, being alerted to incoming attacks, even stealth attacks, is a bit too "psychic" for PvP. In PvE it seems like it would be fine, but when it comes to player vs. player competition it's rather a cheat.
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So I was hearing fake news? ha ha I never used it. Still, you have to admit, being alerted to incoming attacks, even stealth attacks, is a bit too "psychic" for PvP. In PvE it seems like it would be fine, but when it comes to player vs. player competition it's rather a cheat.

It was very useful. But there was a LOT of misinformation about it. People basically compared it to CheatEngine.
    Tal'gro Bol
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At one time; it did tell you when people crouched nearby. ZOS tested and removed that part months or even over a year ago and left the rest. That’s why people feel the rest was OK. ZOS addressed it and saw what it could do; and left it. It might get a little more dubious as people try to work around what ZOS tried to eliminate.
    Edited by technohic on March 3, 2018 3:02PM
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

At one time; it did tell you when people crouched nearby. ZOS tested and removed that part months or even over a year ago and left the rest. That’s why people feel the rest was OK. ZOS addressed it and saw what it could do; and left it. It might get a little more dubious as people try to work around what ZOS tried to eliminate.

Yeah, it gave you a number of players in the area for each faction. That part still works (last I checked) in BGs. It is actually useful to see team sizes.

But it never gave location or even direction of those players. It was also buggy from my experience - often counting dead players as in the area.
    Tal'gro Bol
  • Alite
    Alite
    ✭✭✭

You might want to get your facts straight, it doesn't do that. And yeah, most people complaining about it are *** players that hide in stealth to get a snipe off because they're not skilled enough to get a kill any other way, so yes they are scrubs.

Either way I don't really need the fixed addon, but it's nice to have, I can just picture the bad players screaming "I THOUGHT ZOS FIXED IT HOW DID HE KNOW I WAS SNIPING HIM REEEEE"
  • Chori
    Chori
    ✭✭✭✭

You might want to get your facts straight, it doesn't do that. And yeah, most people complaining about it are *** players that hide in stealth to get a snipe off because they're not skilled enough to get a kill any other way, so yes they are scrubs.

Either way I don't really need the fixed addon, but it's nice to have, I can just picture the bad players screaming "I THOUGHT ZOS FIXED IT HOW DID HE KNOW I WAS SNIPING HIM REEEEE"

You might as well join the scrubs club if you need an addon to perform so flawlessly :D
    EP NA-PC - Invictus - Odem Mortis
    1. Stamina NB Cat - ChoriB'Good
    2. Magicka NB High Elf - Lîndara
    3. Stam Sorc High Elf - Lindara Moonlight
    4. Red Guard Stamina DK - Chorî
    5. Red Guard Stamina Templar - Choripaninikinnie
    6. Magplar High Elf - Vagitarian Sillonour
    Don't tell me you lag, I play with 200-300 ms all the time ^_^
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Omg bruh I found and edited the add on as well. I have CS degree so it didn’t take me long to figure out a work around *hint queue combat music,etc*

admitting to hacking the game...