The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The only thing missing for class balance is a Nightblade nerf.

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop these pointless nerf threads. NB is legit in a very good place and most importantly FUN.

Undo many of the nerfs and buff the other classes. Everyone wins.

If NB is nerfed they’ll undoubtedly overdue it and then lead, once again, to the endless nerf cycle.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nihility42 wrote: »
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    I'm thinking that if we all start insulting each other, ZOS will have to come in and close down this unimaginably stupid thread.

OP, delete your account, go play a different game, and get bent.

I hate you. You shouldn't even be playing this game you dumb, meanie

I love you all... damn it I cant do anything left!
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knowledge wrote: »
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Stop the nerfs but lol to people replying nightbaldes are in a bad spot

Just lol

One of the highest DPS in trials. Likely the strongest class in PVP.

strongest class in pvp? bahahahahhahahahahahahhahaha

Try "weakest".
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Nightblades are really weak right now. We should give them access to major defile tied into a burst, two “reset” buttons, the ability to always be the initiator of any fight they want, a debuff that increases dmg taken by 20% on anyone they defile, great class damage passives, a guaranteed crit heal on their rally when used after cloak, a high delve gap closer that also debuffs, an insanely high dmg burst that procs after five light attacks (oh and minor berserk), and the best CC in the game (fear). We could also make it so that their escape skills cost Magicka so that they can alternate between those and roll dodge seamlessly.

But let’s not give them all those things because then it would be a broken class and we’d probably see close to 40% of the cyrodil population switch to it.

So what you did was list all of the Nightblade advantages in a one-sided comparison with nothing to compare them to. Who is their opponent, an inanimate wooden log?
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »
    You should try taking a stamblade into a dungeon, any dungeon sometime. They will fail horribly, as they have no real sustain for handling the boss fights. Magblades do a lot better at this, but still lack the DPS in comparison.

The only place where Stamblades and magblades stand out is in PvP, and any competent mage can uncloak a stealthed nightblade with ease, at which point they become very squishy.

Not that I'm advocating any nerfs, but can only laugh at the complete lack of current meta knowledge.

In PvE both types of NB are literally at the top of their respective trees damage-wise. Nothing hits harder or sustains better than a magblade or a stamblade since Morrowind. Sorcs and StamDKs are literally the only other classes which people take for DPS in trials and that's mostly for debuffing/buffing with Sunderflame, Attronach and Concussion.

Magblades and Stamblades are so far ahead of anything else in ranged and melee damage that they have practically caused the extinction of MagDK, MagPlar and StamPlar DDs from trials. And Wardens don't even get a look-in. But yeah, I'm sure NBs suck in PvE :D

Stamplar? Potl? But yeah, nbs are in a good spot, no buffs nor nerfs needed for them. Buff other classes, likely with more group utility

What about potl? It has a cap on damage, which a single DD will hit in 2-3 seconds. It's just a burst damage skill, not one that helps the group in any way. Bosses are already being fully penetrated by Torugs with Cursher, Sunder, NMG and Alkosh.

Stamblades have better sustain through Siphoning, better group utility through War Machine + Incap and are better in both overall damage and especially during the burn phase due to having an execute.

You can have a stamplar running sunder and wm as a result

You're not gonna have Stamplars running WM or Sunder. Sunder works for DKs because of Molten Armaments, for anyone else, heavy attack is a big loss of DPS (so is for DK, but it's small enough to be acceptable). Crescent Sweep is a waste of an ultie when talking about trial raids, Ballista is better for single target boss deeps and since you want two WM at most in a raid it works better for NBs cause the buff to damage from Incap is insane.

And finally the Illuminate passive for Minor Sorcery, I don't recall what the range of it is, but I remember in years past that it was not reliable to apply to your ranged DDs, which are all the magicka DDs. And there are no magicka melee DPS in raids atm.

Stam sorcs beneifit from heavies too with bound arraments, so why arent they a canidate? and why 2 at the most? That covers 2 people + at most 4 others which is 6 total, and even so, one or more of those 4 people could be the tanks, which means it is wasted. With 3 wms or more, you reliabilly hit the dps with the buff more.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »

Just lol

Try "weakest".

Exaggerate much?
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should try taking a stamblade into a dungeon, any dungeon sometime. They will fail horribly, as they have no real sustain for handling the boss fights. Magblades do a lot better at this, but still lack the DPS in comparison.

The only place where Stamblades and magblades stand out is in PvP, and any competent mage can uncloak a stealthed nightblade with ease, at which point they become very squishy.

Not that I'm advocating any nerfs, but can only laugh at the complete lack of current meta knowledge.

In PvE both types of NB are literally at the top of their respective trees damage-wise. Nothing hits harder or sustains better than a magblade or a stamblade since Morrowind. Sorcs and StamDKs are literally the only other classes which people take for DPS in trials and that's mostly for debuffing/buffing with Sunderflame, Attronach and Concussion.

Magblades and Stamblades are so far ahead of anything else in ranged and melee damage that they have practically caused the extinction of MagDK, MagPlar and StamPlar DDs from trials. And Wardens don't even get a look-in. But yeah, I'm sure NBs suck in PvE :D

Stamplar? Potl? But yeah, nbs are in a good spot, no buffs nor nerfs needed for them. Buff other classes, likely with more group utility

What about potl? It has a cap on damage, which a single DD will hit in 2-3 seconds. It's just a burst damage skill, not one that helps the group in any way. Bosses are already being fully penetrated by Torugs with Cursher, Sunder, NMG and Alkosh.

Stamblades have better sustain through Siphoning, better group utility through War Machine + Incap and are better in both overall damage and especially during the burn phase due to having an execute.

You're not gonna have Stamplars running WM or Sunder. Sunder works for DKs because of Molten Armaments, for anyone else, heavy attack is a big loss of DPS (so is for DK, but it's small enough to be acceptable). Crescent Sweep is a waste of an ultie when talking about trial raids, Ballista is better for single target boss deeps and since you want two WM at most in a raid it works better for NBs cause the buff to damage from Incap is insane.

And finally the Illuminate passive for Minor Sorcery, I don't recall what the range of it is, but I remember in years past that it was not reliable to apply to your ranged DDs, which are all the magicka DDs. And there are no magicka melee DPS in raids atm.

Stam sorcs beneifit from heavies too with bound arraments, so why arent they a canidate? and why 2 at the most? That covers 2 people + at most 4 others which is 6 total, and even so, one or more of those 4 people could be the tanks, which means it is wasted. With 3 wms or more, you reliabilly hit the dps with the buff more.

And it is 28m I suspect, never had an jssue with giving the buff to mag dps as my stamplar
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to long ago people were laughing at nbs.. now they are one of the strongest classes and barely *** has changed. Weird how that works..

If you think nb is the strongest class in pvp I know you suck. Lol.
    Edited by Smmokkee on February 21, 2018 7:11PM
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smmokkee wrote: »
    Not to long ago people were laughing at nbs.. now they are one of the strongest classes and barely *** has changed. Weird how that works..

The difference between worthless and priceless is the breadth of a hair.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordSemaj wrote: »
    Nightblades are really weak right now. We should give them access to major defile tied into a burst, two “reset” buttons, the ability to always be the initiator of any fight they want, a debuff that increases dmg taken by 20% on anyone they defile, great class damage passives, a guaranteed crit heal on their rally when used after cloak, a high delve gap closer that also debuffs, an insanely high dmg burst that procs after five light attacks (oh and minor berserk), and the best CC in the game (fear). We could also make it so that their escape skills cost Magicka so that they can alternate between those and roll dodge seamlessly.

But let’s not give them all those things because then it would be a broken class and we’d probably see close to 40% of the cyrodil population switch to it.

So what you did was list all of the Nightblade advantages in a one-sided comparison with nothing to compare them to. Who is their opponent, an inanimate wooden log?

Well given the current population trends, their opponent would almost certainly be another stamblade.

So yeah it's perfectly balanced.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And it is 28m I suspect, never had an jssue with giving the buff to mag dps as my stamplar

The main reason why I suggested stamplars to have sunderflame is they do enough heavies in their rotation to allow for it while buffing the group
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordSemaj wrote: »

Well given the current population trends, their opponent would almost certainly be another stamblade.

So yeah it's perfectly balanced.

:D

TESO_Eslder-_Scrolls-_Online-_Classes.jpg
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LMAO! Love this!

One Nightblade ability is equal to like 4 abilities from any other class. That's the entire issue in a nutshell.

• Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me be real, you guys just suck.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Half the NB abilities are stilled bugged, so why is everyone so butt hurt about NBs finally being competitive? It's been years since they could contend with other dps builds.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hahahhahaha
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slot inner light, wear full impenetrable heavy armor and you're already rendered NB attacks useless.

I mean this is because you were surprise butthumped by NB, right?
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking that if we all start insulting each other, ZOS will have to come in and close down this unimaginably stupid thread.

Why, you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf herder!
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why, you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf herder!

whos-scruffy-looking.jpg?w=594
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cenom wrote: »
    For sure Nightblades are the new Sorcerers from One Tamriel but improved... Even the game play is easier now, and no other magicka class can come close. Every class can barelly hit 33k self on 6m skeleton... Nbs can hit 41k...

Not really sure about Stam particulars as I don’t play Stam or have many friends that do (100% sure they beat 33k easily though) but as far as mag is concerned this post is not true. I’m a Breton mS and have been pulling low-high 37s with ilambris since the off balance nerf on a 6m with no cheese. Zaan would probably be 38s. There are plenty of sorcs better than me and a good Altmer should be able to get into the 40s at present. Mag Temps aren’t quite as good but I have a friend doing 37 selfs on the 6m and another friend doing 36. Again, no cheese. Only classes that might be struggling to do 33k on a 6m is Mag DK and Warden, assuming BiS heat and a solid rotation.

Basically, no NB nerf needed, especially considering their complex rotations. Buff Mag DK tho.
    Edited by lassitershawn on February 21, 2018 7:45PM
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    giphy.gif
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No nerfs, l2p.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

Just lol

Try "weakest".

Exaggerate much?

Not really no, I laughed rather hard when I read it.
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Stop asking for nerfs, people.
    Threads like this are the reason we've had nothing but nerfs to all classes for the past year. Stop this nonsense.

You aren't feeling it, man. First thing you do is make a post complaining about an over powered class. That they need a nerf. A few days later you need to make a post asking ZoS why they continually nerf things. Then a few days later you make a post asking ZoS why they don't listen to peoples suggestions.

Get with the program imo
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    Half the NB abilities are stilled bugged, so why is everyone so butt hurt about NBs finally being competitive? It's been years since they could contend with other dps builds.

Because sorc mains dont like being outdone in any capacity.

I still remember the overreaction of the curse nerf which got reverted because every sorc flocked too the forums to moan. Which was rediculous. Pretty much puts ZoS in the position of being unable to nerf sorc in any way at all due to them not wanting such a large outcry. Its sad.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on February 21, 2018 7:56PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, though, stamblades are really OP in certain, limited settings, such as ganking, or soloing around in BGs.

They absolutely crumble when put into group vs group situations... all of their abilities are single target.

That is balance in a sense.. but i'd rather they have their single target DPS toned down slightly (read; incap) and their group utility increased significantly.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The balance team destroyed most of the other classes with the morrowind update and force many in a heavy attack playstyle. Mag nb just benefited the most for still being able to use a more fun light attack rotation and the adjustments to merciless(you can fire more than one per cast) made this class just really fun to play. I really wish they would buff other classes and playstyles for a more fun and balanced game. They could for example lower the cost of all spamable skills.

But my hope for changes for a more fun and rewarding combat is quite low.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    NB is the most balanced class in game. Though 100% dot supression seems a bit strong in general, should be 50% and no reveal. Dots suck ow.

I main a NB and i would not mind this IF we got purge back on dark cloak. but maybe we only purge 2 dots and take 50 percent from the rest.

Yeah. That is fair. One cloak is more offensive, and the other is more relieve pressure.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    You didn't specify what exactly to bring down. Keep in mind Nightblades are pretty poor in end game PvE, we don't want to worsen that.

Troll level: Expert

Since launch, nightblades have been the best designed class across the board. They have certainly not always been the most powerful, but nightblade hasnt changed a lot other than a few tweaks here and there, mostly to mericless resolve (which is currently broken, but that's a different thread). The have by far the most flexability of any class in terms of playstle, whether you need a ranged magic or an AOE stamina spammable, you got it. Good access to buffs, sustain, etc. They have a skill for most things.

I agree 100% that Nightblade is across the board the best class in the game currently, but it is also true that they have the most difficult play-style/rotation of any class:

End game PVE (talking Pushing trial Scores):

Ranged DPS: BIS
    Melee DPS: BIS
    Tank: Not Viable
    Healer not viable

PVE 4 Man content, casual trials:
    Same except tank and healers become a viable options. There are arguments to be made for them being one of the best healing options for high damage groups, that are looking for more DPS than heals from their healer.

PVE Solo Content:

Were BIS for VMA until they broke merciless, but all magic classes can break 600k in the right hands (Cough LZH Cough).

PVP
    Stamina: IMO they are second best in open world behind Stam Warden, but between stam NB, Stam Warden, and Stamplar, I think you are splitting hairs (personally stamplar is my toughest counter)

Magic: Best bombers, but not anywhere near the best for open world IMO. Not that they are bad, I just dont think they standout as much. I pretty much only die to a magic NB when they pull off a good bomb.

All that said, nerf is not the answer. It is not like this class has been the recipient of grotesque buffs over the years, they have just been hit with the nerf hammer the least. I think this is arguably the one class that they got right essentially out of the gates. The much better option would be to use NB as a model to fix the other classes and bring them up to scratch.

For what its worth, I main a mag sorc in PVP, a stam sorc for melee DPS, a magblade (recently) for ranged DPS, a DK for tanking, and a Templar for healing. Only class I dont actively play is a warden, who despite their uselessness as a PVE DPS, are a pretty strong class across the board.
  • King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because sorc mains dont like being outdone in any capacity.

I still remember the overreaction of the curse nerf which got reverted because every sorc flocked too the forums to moan. Which was rediculous. Pretty much puts ZoS in the position of being unable to nerf sorc in any way at all due to them not wanting such a large outcry. Its sad.

BEHOLD

The state of the game rests not
    In the hands of its creators,
    But in the minds of the young,
    The untested
    And the untrue.

Cry for nerfs younglings!
    And you will reap what you've sown!
    All classes shall perish together
    As men shall turn to dust.
    If thou hast understanding,
    Hear thou this:
    Harken to the truth of these words:

You know not when your nerfs arrive;
    They come as thieves in the night.
    Be dressed and ready with your lamps aflame,
    Like servants waiting for their master.

It will be good for those servants
    Whose master finds them ready,
    Even if he comes amidst the darkest night.

For if the master had known
    The hour of the thief,
    He would never leave the home,
    Nor wash the lamb's blood from its door.

Edited by King_Thelon on March 7, 2018 7:55PM