The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The only thing missing for class balance is a Nightblade nerf.

• Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knowledge wrote: »
    When you take into account the Sorc, DK, Templar, and Warden they all feel roughly on par with each other or just needing a few tweaks to be evened out. On the other hand the Magblade and even Stamblade seem to be on an entirely different level. If they were brought down significantly while the other classes continued to receive minor tuning the game would be in a much better place balance wise.

to give yourself the nick "Knowledge" is real mockery, that first said.
    the most nerfed class in ESO is certainly nightblade
    nightblades got the first and deepest nerfs alover and that caused them to learn earlier to react it, to find more ways to play that class
    even in the latest downgrade this class got hit with a new nerf,
    DK got a nerf in one skill, like templar, just the sorc did not got any nerf at all, once again.

now we all know that the "balancing" the devs do, is not something to win a nobel-prize with.
    talking about stamina, we see less stam-builds in dungeons and trials
    go in any city and you just staves to the horizon
    note your deaths in PvP, I die most by magicka-abilities, class-based and weapon-based or light-armour based.
    after 3 campaigns noting my deaths it is confirmed (for me) that I die mostly due to magsorc abilities.

so yeah, imho, this thread is a fail, just like balancing in ESO.
    Edited by Azurya on February 21, 2018 12:25PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When you take into account the Sorc, DK, Templar, and Warden they all feel roughly on par with each other or just needing a few tweaks to be evened out. On the other hand the Magblade and even Stamblade seem to be on an entirely different level. If they were brought down significantly while the other classes continued to receive minor tuning the game would be in a much better place balance wise.

you seem to not know the history of NB nerfs (and now finaly this class is ok)...learn to play!!!
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »

I mean you give 0 reason for how they are op.... and 0 reason for how you would balance them. How about giving some insight into what you think needs to change?

Waits for response, who was selling that LOL button?

Personally I would like to see a nerf to the vMA bow. It´s insane how much DPS it adds to a stamina build. vMA destro-staff or Asylum destro doesn´t add close to the same amount of DPS as the bow does.

Regarding stamblade and magblade, I think the introduction of Master Architect and Warmachine did a lot to their DPS-output.
    Also magblade feels more like FotM due to their effectiveness in Asylum Sanctorium where ranged builds are more favourable than melee ones.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave nightblade alone, buff other classes
  • TheKingofSass
    TheKingofSass
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing missing for class balance is a Nightblade nerf.
    When you take into account the Sorc, DK, Templar, and Warden they all feel roughly on par with each other or just needing a If they were brought down significantly while the other classes continued to receive minor tuning the game would be in a much better place balance wise.
    balance, nerf, feeels roughly, NERF

tumblr_inline_p4i2xjkqpp1s4ab72_540.gif

Or, maybe, idk, buff up the other classes, instead nerfing??? JUST A THOUGHT.

And NB at a bad spot? Seriously, big LOL. There was a time, yes, that they were in a bad spot, but now they're finally in a good place, thank heaven sake. NB has been my first picked class from beta to release, always will be my main.

Were they in a bad spot? Ye boi. Are they now? Naw, son. Good sustain, nice utility and if done right, good dd output (NB has more complex rotations compared with other classes and is far less forgiving if making a mistake with weaving and rotating. Just saying).

TL:DR
    Stop crying for nerfs on classes cause you likely got butt pampered by a class in pvp.
    Don't drown me in your river of nerf-tears, instead, resurrect my corny-arse with Buff roars.
    "Remember, darkness does not always equate to evil, just as light does not always bring good."

Nifereti
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magblade┇AD
    Alyäia Morningstar
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magplar┇AD
    Poison Avy
    500 CP+┇Bosmer┇Werewolf Stamden┇EP
    Tronto Ebur
    500 CP+┇Imperial┇Frosted Tankden┇EP
    Azaerani
    500 CP+┇Dunmer┇Dovah Kendov MagKnight┇DC
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please close this baiting, trolling thread.
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good lord stop. You have been making a thread every hour, complaining about this or that. Have you ever played a stamblade in PvE? They're one of the least used classes.
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like someone got ganked in pvp...
    6 NB: Tank, Healer, Mag/Stam PVE&PVP.
    I don't read long signatures: https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackleopardex
  • Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, your a Troll...

What You cant use Miats Hack anymore?

You pissed, at a class being played the way it was designed to?

Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf request should have an cost 50 CP had been fitting :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    Hands off my pretty Night Blades :(
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can name a plethora of group utility that other classes bring to the table. I can name only Minor Savagery as a NB group buff though.

NBs have worse AoE damage than a Sorc, have none of the group utility that DKs, Templars or Wardens offer, questionable sustain, no shields and only HoTs as a means of survival. Apart from their damage, there is NOTHING a NB brings to the group so unless NBs get some serious buffs elsewhere, I see absolutely nothing wrong with NBs having high damage as they are falling flat everywhere else.
    Edited by Silver_Strider on February 21, 2018 1:51PM
    Argonian forever
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vague nerf post is vague.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It begins
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblades are fine. This sounds like a PVP crying post.

I personally think most of the classes are pretty well balanced except Stam Warden and to a lesser degree, Mag Sorcerer.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    You didn't specify what exactly to bring down. Keep in mind Nightblades are pretty poor in end game PvE, we don't want to worsen that.

You clearly are not aware... should we tell him?
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really go out of your way to make a dumb ass thread every day huh?
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These threads...
    tenor.gif?itemid=6012433
    Edited by Mic1007 on February 21, 2018 2:42PM
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surak73 wrote: »
    Where is my LOL button?

Back in 2014, when this thread was relevant.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish the ‘nerf Sorc!’ Threads were met with this kind of vitriol!
  • the_man_of_steal
    the_man_of_steal
    ✭✭✭

This must be a troll post... Stamblade and Magblade have gone through significant nerfs throughout ESO's history. They are both the most nerfed class in the game. The ONLY skill that you might have an argument to tweak is Incap. Bear in mind, Magblades have been so atrocious, the most common Ulti used by them is Incap.

Please refrain yourself from calling for any kind of nerfs. Nothing will ever be truly balanced and every time ZOS has made a nerf, they go way too far. See: Mag DK or Frag Sorc, or Magplar, or Bomb-blade, or Wrath Heavy Armor...etc
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Troll thread, moving on.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    I wish the ‘nerf Sorc!’ Threads were met with this kind of vitriol!

They are met with this much vitriol. Both confuse their enemies, both have insane burst capabilities. Just trade cloak for shield stacking, if you play both classes you realize that the people who hate you hate both.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Cenom
    Cenom
    ✭✭✭
    For sure Nightblades are the new Sorcerers from One Tamriel but improved... Even the game play is easier now, and no other magicka class can come close. Every class can barelly hit 33k self on 6m skeleton... Nbs can hit 41k...
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're not describing OP Nightblades. You're merely not understanding what each class is best at and why the Nightblade role plays so well into a PVP environment. Were it not nightblades that you found broken it would be some other class that next best mimics this role.

Nightblades are bursters. Assassin combo killers with crit focus who ambush from stealth where other players might feel exposed and unprepared. Burst damage is good in pvp, combos and crits and ambushing are all effective, and players get overly emotional when they fail to react to unplanned circumstances and die as a result of it. Whether they are running bomb builds or sniping or doing incap strikes, Nightblades will deal a lot of damage in a very short period of time and make them feel like they're way too strong when really the victim failed make use of any countermeasures. If the victim is lagging, this can also make the feeling worse as the victim feels there is nothing they could have done about it. This is not the Nightblade's fault as even if the Nightblade did not exist as a class the next best lag burster would be complained about instead.

Surviving the initial burst rids the Nightblade of most of their advantages and allows the player to turn the tables but since Nightblades always begin a battle from a point of Advantage, players assume there is nothing that can be done to turn the tables. This is incorrect thinking and this topic explains in some posts why that is and what can be done about it. Players who are used to thinking proactively and carefully determining their rotations or impulsively maintaining high health totals are cast into a mild state of panic when engaged with someone who demands reactive thinking and recovering from a disadvantage. Remaining calm and employing the countermeasures that you possess is the one and only remedy to this predicament should you choose to not repeatedly die to them.
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop.

Play a stamblade. Try it in PVE and PVP. You have no shields. You have no instant healing. You are squishy af. It is considered one of the hardest classes to play PVE end game wise. Stop asking for nerfs on a class you don't play and don't understand.

Mageblade?

I am bias because that has always been my class and still my favorite and main. My Magic Sorc out DPS my Mageblade. My Magic Sorc also has better shield and healing than my Mageblade so where you get this idea that Mageblades need a nerf is beyond my scope. The only thing my Mageblade does better than my Magic Sorc is resource management.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • DeadlyRecluse
      DeadlyRecluse
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭

It's really the specificity and detailed explanation in this analysis that makes it so compelling.
      Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    • Undefwun
      Undefwun
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ZOS needs to fix this guy's forum name... how bout "Has-No-Clue-But-Likes-To-Run-His-Mouth"...

Never sure if actually serious or troll....
      Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
      Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
      Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
      Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
      The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
      Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
      Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
      Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
      Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
    • Wrubius_Coronaria
      Wrubius_Coronaria
      ✭✭✭✭✭

You know nothing knowledge. :p

Seriously, every class played correctly is powerfull. And the balance is quite good too actually. Zenimax did a really good job for balance.
      The biggest difference now is the person behind the screen and the builds. Otherwise, nightblades are not more powerfull than others classes.

But what in your opinion make them so strong?
    • supaskrub
      supaskrub
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The title has me howling with laughter.. I had to look twice, I've not seen a decent nerf thread in ages (not that this is a decent nerf thread of course)