Maintenance for the week of January 27:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – January 27,  4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Website for maintenance – January 27, 1:00PM EST (18:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EST (21:00 UTC)

Remove the 'Requires rank 9 in any crafting skill to learn' restriction

  • Turelus
    Turelus
    Community Ambassador
    OMG!

    "Skyshard account-wide"
    "Lorebook account-wide"
    "Achievements account-wide"
    "Remove the Requires rank 9"

    Yes, let's make the game more casual than it already is! Let's make it easier! Let's all play "The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online" casual-friendly, alt-char-friendly, all friendly!

    No, hell no! ¬¬
    To be fair, with all that done we could actually get on with playing the game PvE or PvP wise with our characters rather than spending weeks running around maps building an ever increasing loathing for the games grind.

    I mean CP and Gear the two most important end game power changers are already account wide.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So i agree with OP and here is the problem with the current system: Newer players find these motifs and are not even sure what they are or how long it will take them to get the requirements to earn them so they might not hold on to them. I have had many friends come and go with trying out this game and every single one of them had to ask me about this system upon their first time finding a motif. It's just added confusion in my opinion and it isn't friendly to new players because they can find so many of these motifs early on that they either will have to use up valuable space to save or not even know what to do with it.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I actually prefer the restrictions. Makes it so I don't accidentally read a page on my non crafters.

    It's not as though you actually need to learn every motif on every character. Your main crafter(s) will more than likely have met the restrictions to read them and in the case of extras, just sell/trash them. I just deposit the more common ones in my guild bank and let others get them.
    Argonian forever
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would make more sense to have the requirement on the actual crafting end of the equation than the learning end. For example, i can learn a motif that requires rank 9 at anytime, but I have to be rank 9 to actually craft something with that motif. This would eliminate the useless need to fill inventory space, or accidentally sell something.
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just spend 10k gold on Intricate clothing items from guild store..max out clothing in 5 minutes..get skI'll 9..learn all the motiffs you want..then take out the skill points back to what you need them for. This is a good way until and if they xhange the restriction



    Edited by monktoasty on February 21, 2018 3:35PM
  • Beamer_Miasma
    Beamer_Miasma
    ✭✭✭
    Latest news, the next expansion title was just announced: Hello Kitty Summerset Island Adventure.
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radinyn wrote: »
    First we take away motifs - their big source of getting money, and then we even want to take their ability to learn them when others can't.

    Do you know that motifs for outfits are now account wide so you only need one crafter, so your argument is invalid?
    @Radinyn I don't know about you but most players I craft gear for don't care what style because they wear a costume anyways. They just want my 9 trait crafter to craft something that they can't/haven't researched yet. That will always be a thing. Letting someone who isn't level 9 crafting not be able to learn Primal style is ridiculous. No one uses Primal style.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • EvilAutoTech
      EvilAutoTech
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Radinyn wrote: »
      First we take away motifs - their big source of getting money, and then we even want to take their ability to learn them when others can't.

      Do you know that motifs for outfits are now account wide so you only need one crafter, so your argument is invalid?
      @Radinyn I don't know about you but most players I craft gear for don't care what style because they wear a costume anyways. They just want my 9 trait crafter to craft something that they can't/haven't researched yet. That will always be a thing. Letting someone who isn't level 9 crafting not be able to learn Primal style is ridiculous. No one uses Primal style.

      I use Primal on all my toons. I love the greaves.
    • Uriel_Nocturne
      Uriel_Nocturne
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Personally, I'd be for the removal of that requirement.

      There's so many Motif's now, that IMO, this requirement is no longer a necessary hindrance in the game.

      Guildmaster: The Nightshade Consortium Join us, and play your way, your style. A Solo-Player-friendly, casual, easy going Guild of adult Gamers just looking to enjoy all that ESO has to offer.
      Lasombra rule the Shadows. Obtenebration is our birthright. We are the voice behind the Throne, and all Kindred and Kine will bow to us, whether they know it or not.
      ~ Morte Ascendo ~
      I've been playing MMO's since they first emerged. EverQuest, Asheron's Call, Ultima Online... these are the games that got me hooked. ESO? Just a good MMORPG. It's not the best I've ever played, but it's not the worst either. I'll hit Level 40 this year, and I've been Gaming since 1985 when I got my Atari 2600 and my Commodore 64.That's 30+ years of proud Gaming history, and I have zero plans to stop until I die.

      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!


    • N00BxV1
      N00BxV1
      ✭✭✭✭
      code65536 wrote: »

      How about a simple matter of consistency.

      Older motifs carry crafting rank requirements. All the newer motifs do not.

      Either add rank requirements to all motifs. Or remove them from all motifs. I don't care which, frankly. But the current system is nonsensical.

      I agree. It really doesn’t make sense that the older motifs have a level requirement but the newer ones don’t.

      My non-crafter found one of the new motifs from some veteran content and can use it, but can’t use one of the older motifs that they looted from a common container. Makes. No. Sense...
      Edited by N00BxV1 on February 21, 2018 4:53PM
    • Linaleah
      Linaleah
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I am still working on getting all my traits for my master crafter. It takes literally days and I celebrate when one of my skills becomes learned so I can start another 21 day cycle. Then I have to spend gold to buy a traited armor or weapon to finish those off at 21 days each. That is what I wish they would tone down. I'm not spending real money to get my traits finished faster. That is cheating to me.

      I don't use outfits but I can see having restrictions on the motifs. We who craft have taken months, literally months, to get where we are. It shouldn't be given away.

      you need zero researched traits to learn a motif. all you need is lvl 50 in one crafting skill. which takes less then a week, even if you farm everything yourself, couple of hours if you buy items for decon from other people.

      this motif learning restriction is 100% arbitrary and pointless.
      dirty worthless casual.
      Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
      Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    • starkerealm
      starkerealm
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      code65536 wrote: »
      Slick_007 wrote: »
      Vaoh wrote: »
      Slick_007 wrote: »
      no

      Someone always has to respond to threads like these with a plain “no”. Smh

      its not like the OP posed an actual argument to respond to with an in depth answer.

      How about a simple matter of consistency.

      Older motifs carry crafting rank requirements. All the newer motifs do not.

      Either add rank requirements to all motifs. Or remove them from all motifs. I don't care which, frankly. But the current system is nonsensical.

      Pretty sure Ebony and Draugr have rank requirements. There are probably others.

      Rank requirements aren't on all new motifs, but they're not gone.
      Co-Host of The Tenets: a podcast focused on bringing new players up to speed in ESO.
    • Vaoh
      Vaoh
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Juju_beans wrote: »
      Vaoh wrote: »
      Radinyn wrote: »
      Vaoh wrote: »
      Radinyn wrote: »
      Let's destroy crafters even more, great idea.

      How does that hurt crafters? It’s very easy to do atm but most ppl don’t want to invest the points on each of their characters when they have a dedicated crafter.

      First we take away motifs - their big source of getting money, and then we even want to take their ability to learn them when others can't.

      Do you know that motifs for outfits are now account wide so you only need one crafter, so your argument is invalid?

      You’re misunderstanding. Crafters, which are most players nowadays if being a “Crafter” only means hitting rank 50 in one craft+investing some skill points, are not some special exclusive group.

      Yes motifs are account-wide now, but if you want to learn a chapter, you have to arbitrarily move it onto a character who has invested fully into a craft. Unless it’s your master crafter character there is no reason to ever really do that.

      It creates a situation where if you want to learn a motif, you have to move it into your bank, log out, relog on crafter, use motif, log out, log into your other character, then finally play again. Much more simple to just use the chapter without the pointless restriction. This change is purely convenience and hurts no one.

      The reward for knowing all of the styles is being able to collect tons of writ vouchers lol. I agree there should be more benefits though. No need for pointless resistrictions is all.

      Or..you can just put it in your bank and continue playing your character. When you next log into your crafter then pick up the new motif.

      Yeah but it’s unnecessary. Same thing as logging onto each character to collect hireling mail - it would be a nice convenience to not waste the time it takes to constantly login/logout.

      The argument against removing the requirement is that it hurts Crafters, and that low levels shouldn’t be able to learn these rare styles.

      There’s two issues....

      First is the problem that this requirement isn’t based on your actual craft skill line level. It only cares that you’ve invested a ton of points into the skill line. That forces you to move motifs you have already obtained onto a separate character (your crafter) to learn it, then switch back. With motifs now being account-wide, it’s an entirely unnecessary process that leads to nothing but an arbitrary login/logout. No reason for that.

      The second issue is the lack of consistency with what motifs have the requirement. A lot of newer motifs have the requirement, while many other motifs (including purple ones) do not. Also Crown Store motifs of the same style do not carry the requirement with them. The current system is inconsistent. It’s not helping anyone to remain like this.

      Low priority issue but it’s definitely something that should be adjusted in light of motifs becoming account-wide.
    • coop500
      coop500
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      What bothers me about it is on the EU side, I don't have a crafter because I didn't feel like making a second one after I made one on the NA side, so I've just been paying crafters for whatever I need.

      But with the outfit system, I can't get stuff in the styles I want because I don't have a crafter and I can't ask a crafter to do it for me. So in a way, forcing me to make a crafter to have outfits in the styles I want will hurt crafters because I won't need their business after that.
      Toon list:
      PC NA:
      Chip Ahoy: Magicka Templar khajiit WW healer and crafter of metals, clothes, leather and wood
      Rose Scale: Magicka Nightblade argonian WW DPS and 'evil' toon (steals stuff from barrels)
      Snip Ahoy: Stamina Dragonknight khajiit WW tank
      Walks-Through-Corn: Magicka Templar argonian Vampire tank and also cooks food
      Snowy Kitten: Magicka Sorcerer khajiit WW healer and also makes glyphs
      Valerie Ahoy: Stamina Nightblade khajiit WW DPS/tank
      Mixes-With-Mud: Stamina Warden khajiit WW DPS and also mixes potions
      Tyrenan: Magicka Warden khajiit healer
      Always-Brings-Light: Magicka Dragonknight argonian WW DPS
      Howls-At-Moons: Stamina Warden argonian WW healer
      Giggles-At-Everything: Stamina Sorc argonian WW DPS
      Hugger-Of-Griffons: Stamina DK argonian WW poison focused DPS and ring/necklace crafter.

      Wishlist from ZOS: Chestnut Unicorn mount and the Lilmothiit race, would definitely pay 10K crowns or even 20K crowns for it.

    • Vaoh
      Vaoh
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      coop500 wrote: »
      What bothers me about it is on the EU side, I don't have a crafter because I didn't feel like making a second one after I made one on the NA side, so I've just been paying crafters for whatever I need.

      But with the outfit system, I can't get stuff in the styles I want because I don't have a crafter and I can't ask a crafter to do it for me. So in a way, forcing me to make a crafter to have outfits in the styles I want will hurt crafters because I won't need their business after that.

      Yup. The Outfit System was legit the perfect opportunity to support master crafters.... instead it’s going to do the opposite :unamused:
    • joaaocaampos
      joaaocaampos
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Turelus wrote: »
      OMG!

      "Skyshard account-wide"
      "Lorebook account-wide"
      "Achievements account-wide"
      "Remove the Requires rank 9"

      Yes, let's make the game more casual than it already is! Let's make it easier! Let's all play "The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online" casual-friendly, alt-char-friendly, all friendly!

      No, hell no! ¬¬
      To be fair, with all that done we could actually get on with playing the game PvE or PvP wise with our characters rather than spending weeks running around maps building an ever increasing loathing for the games grind.

      I mean CP and Gear the two most important end game power changers are already account wide.

      I came to ESO just because the game made my character move. What is the problem with you transferring an item to another character through the bank? Are you in favor of having full access to the inventory of all characters simultaneously? My main is not crafter. I get the Motifs with it and then transfer it to the crafter. There's no problem with that. What this guy wants is to make things even easier.

      It's the same request from those who want skyshard and lorebook account-wide. NO! At the same time I'm collecting skyshards and lorebooks, I'm unlocking all the wayshrines, which will be important later. Better than "Please, I need to go to Alik'r Desert. Someone to transport me there?"

      They will soon be asking for "Undauted account-wide". "It's annoying to log in with all the chars to make Pledge." These same ones that are asking for the game to become easier, more casual, soon they will be leaving to play for "not having what to do".

      As I said in the first line, I came to ESO just because the game made my character move. In other games, such as "World of Warcraft", I don't need to do anything to play. If you create a character there today, you will receive all the "kit needed" to make the current content. If Zenimax continues to listen to you too much, the game will be annoying. I liked ZOS offering "xp scroll". The worst thing that could happen is the Zenimax offer "you can buy instant lvl 50!". No, hell no!
    • Skwor
      Skwor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      No, No, No. I have all motifs and 9/9 everything. It is not that hard, just play the game and earn something for a change instead of expecting participation trophies.
      Edited by Skwor on February 25, 2018 3:43AM
    • Slick_007
      Slick_007
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Vaoh wrote: »
      There’s two issues....

      First is the problem that this requirement isn’t based on your actual craft skill line level. It only cares that you’ve invested a ton of points into the skill line. That forces you to move motifs you have already obtained onto a separate character (your crafter) to learn it, then switch back. With motifs now being account-wide, it’s an entirely unnecessary process that leads to nothing but an arbitrary login/logout. No reason for that.

      your logic is not very good here. It doesnt force you to do that at all. This point was already negated above yet you just repeat it.
      The second issue is the lack of consistency with what motifs have the requirement. A lot of newer motifs have the requirement, while many other motifs (including purple ones) do not. Also Crown Store motifs of the same style do not carry the requirement with them. The current system is inconsistent. It’s not helping anyone to remain like this.

      Low priority issue but it’s definitely something that should be adjusted in light of motifs becoming account-wide.

      if you pay for with crowns you should be able to use it

      theres a dif i think with why the requirements.
      akaviri and ancient orc came out in the same patch. akaviri is rank 9 and is bought with ap. ancient orc drop and are rank 1.
      PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
    • boombazookajd
      boombazookajd
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Leandor wrote: »
      Vaoh wrote: »
      Slick_007 wrote: »
      no

      Someone always has to respond to threads like these with a plain “no”. Smh

      Yes.

      Maybe.
      Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
      Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
      Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

      Scrubs:
      Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
      Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
      Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
      Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

      _________________
      XB1 NA
    • disintegr8
      disintegr8
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Not sure what the difficulty is, is it too hard to get to level 9 or is it too hard to get the skill points?

      1T made it so much easier to get skill points and leveling up crafting for newer characters is so easy once you have a maxed out character that can get gear for them to deconstruct. You can go anywhere you want and hunt skyshards - I have a level 26 character with more than 20 unused skill points.

      I have 12 of my 13 characters maxed out on the crafting skills and 8 of them have at least 8 traits learned, all doing max level daily crafting writs. I don't see any issues with the system as it is.
      Australian on PS4 NA server.
      Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    • Wreuntzylla
      Wreuntzylla
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      It's really just a gold sink.

      Spec to the requirement, learn motifs, respec back to whatever you were doing.
    • Jayne_Doe
      Jayne_Doe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Just clarifying that motifs are account-wide only for the outfit system. Alts who haven't actually read a motif book/chapter won't suddenly be able to craft in those styles. So, it still makes sense to pass the motifs on to your crafter to learn if they haven't already.

      I agree that the rank requirements is rather antiquated. It was there with the four purple motifs at launch as a way to sort of give some meaning to crafters - it was a goal in itself to get to those ranks and learn those motifs. Also, those motifs used to only drop in the veteran zones - primal and barbaric in Cadwell's silver; ancient elf and daedric in Cadwell's gold. So, even if you purchased one of them from another player, you couldn't actually read it until you had the skill points invested. I think it was just another way to keep them rare and exclusive. I remember when these things sold for 50K plus at guild traders.

      But, these original four rare motifs are not really rare anymore. When they allowed them to drop in DLC zones and Coldharbour, they became much more common. Now, I think they can drop anywhere, but not entirely sure as I don't really pay attention when I loot one. These sell for peanuts at traders now, so the restriction just seems ridiculous.

      Some of the newer motifs don't have rank restrictions, but some do. I recall that the holiday motifs (hollowjack and skinchanger) don't, which makes sense. But I think there are others without restrictions. Then there's glass, which I think has a rank 10 requirement, which at the time made some sense, since the page fragments dropped from writ containers, so it was kinda the crafter's motif. The frags no longer drop and you can buy the plan from Rolis, but it's still tied to crafting. Don't know if the book has the same rank requirement though. I guess Ebony has a rank requirement, since it's tied to crafting, but I don't pay attention to the requirements anymore, since my crafter is the only one learning most of these motifs. The others have only learned the holiday motifs. Wait...I've also had some of them learn Mercenary when I see those pages for cheap, so that one doesn't have a rank requirement.

      Woah...rambling here. TL:DR - rank requirements don't make much sense anymore and are arbitrary.
      Edited by Jayne_Doe on February 28, 2018 9:37PM
    • Sordidfairytale
      Sordidfairytale
      ✭✭✭✭

      ..."The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online"...

      Gold.
      The Vegemite Knight

      "if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

      The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
    • Beardimus
      Beardimus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      100% flat no.

      Have a reason to be a Master Crafter.
      Xbox One | EU | EP
      Beardimus - VR16 (810CP) Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
      Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-02-18 - 16-02-18 & Sheogorath 02-05-19 - 07-05-19
      Alts - - for the Lolz
      Archimus - Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
      Orcimus - Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
      Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

      Fighting for : The SAXON Guild
      Fighting with [PvP] : The Lunar Wolves
      Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | TradersOfNirn2
      Trials : Saviours

      Xbox One | NA | EP
      Bëardimus - L40 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
      Heals-With-Pets - CP160+ Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    • geng14159
      geng14159
      ✭✭✭
      I'm mostly indifferent on this one. However, I will point out that you can learn a recipe or a blueprint without the required skill needed so it does make sense that you could learn motifs at any level.

      While my main character knows every motif in the game (that is currently available at least, darn you Worm Cult), i will admit to cheating with my other characters when I am leveling them. When I have too many motifs that an alt doesn't know. I'll respec' their skills to point points into a crafting tree just so I can learn the crafting style. Then I'll switch the skills back to what they need. I only do that for low skill characters though since it would get too costly with too many skills.
    • Maryal
      Maryal
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Because the number of motifs your character has learned is part of the formula that affects the odds of being awarded a master crafting writ, I don't think the level restriction will be removed anytime soon.
    • xaraan
      xaraan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      no, let's stop pushing the game toward giving everything to everyone for as little work possible

      it does not take that much work to get it open on a character, every single one of my characters would qualify, even though I use only one for crafting - put the little bit of work in and get the pay off.
      Xaraan • NA • PC • AD
      Nightblades:
      Xaraan - (Grand Master Crafter) - ArgonianNB-Tank
      Xaraan-dar - (Pirate) - Khajiit Stamblade
      Xa-Raan - (Sun's Dusk Reaper) - Argonian Vampire Magblade
      Templars:
      Xaraanosaur - (Shadow Breaker) - Argonian Templar-Tank
      Xaraan-do - (Lunar Champion) - Khajiit Stamplar
      Xåraan - (Monster Hunter) - Argonian Magicka-Templar
      Dragon Knights:
      Xaraanosaurus - (Hist Shadow) - ArgonianDK-Tank
      Xa Raan - (Plague of Peyrite) - Argonian Stam-DK
      Xãraan - (Veteran) - Argonian Mag-DK
      Sorcerers:
      Xaraanorok - (Star-Made Knight) - Argonian Sorc-Tank
      Xaraan-ra - (Stormproof) - Khajiit Stam-Sorc
      Xaraanosorcus - (Master Wizard)- Argonian Magicka-Sorc
      Wardens:
      Xaraanodon - (Voice of Reason) - Argonian Warden-Tank
      Xaraan-jo - (Clanfriend) - Khajiit Stamden
      Xäraan - (Master Angler) - Argonian Magden
      Necromancers:
      Xaraan-Vahat - (Dovakriid) - Argonian Necro-Tank
      Xa Rään - (Silencer) - Argonian Stamcro
      Xaraana - (Witch) - Argonian Vampire Magcro
    Sign In or Register to comment.