The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A solution to racial passives.

• thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf Race !
    Nerf Gender !

2518tf.jpg
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Knowledge wrote: »
    In most modern MMORPGs your race doesn't impact your character as much as it does in ESO. A lot of people want to play other races at high levels of gameplay which would otherwise reduce their effectiveness. Altmer a the best magicka race and Redguard the best stam race. However, both of those races have warriors of other types.

In an effort to allow more diversity for multiple class types and races I propose that each race has a starting template to choose from. These templates would be unique to the race but allow the race to perform other roles efficiently at high levels of play. For example, you currently have the Altmer passives for magicka and there would then be an alternative starting templar which would again be unique to them. Perhaps it would increase Stamina by 10% and reduce stamina cost by 3% with the third passive allowing 1% stamina recovery while blocking.

This is just a loose example but essentially my idea is to have two unique templates for each race only selectable at character creation. One for Magicka and one for Stamina oriented classes.

Wish that since the beginning. But ESO was released in 2014 and since then nothing has really changed with the passives. There was one update which gave them an extra-bonus like falling damage a.s.o (and orcs this stupid 10% inspiration, which is not useful for my mains).

I mean I love to play orcs and always hear people in raids like "switch to Altmer when playing Magicka" or "switch to redguard when playing stamina" to get more DPS, because more DPS is needed in Hardmodes.

I wonder if the day will come when I lose my raidgroups because orcs don't do enough DPS.

It would just be easier when killing all the race-bonuses and implement nothing or a general bonus, that's true. But yeah, I gave it up.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    In most modern MMORPGs your race doesn't impact your character as much as it does in ESO. A lot of people want to play other races at high levels of gameplay which would otherwise reduce their effectiveness. Altmer a the best magicka race and Redguard the best stam race. However, both of those races have warriors of other types.

In an effort to allow more diversity for multiple class types and races I propose that each race has a starting template to choose from. These templates would be unique to the race but allow the race to perform other roles efficiently at high levels of play. For example, you currently have the Altmer passives for magicka and there would then be an alternative starting templar which would again be unique to them. Perhaps it would increase Stamina by 10% and reduce stamina cost by 3% with the third passive allowing 1% stamina recovery while blocking.

This is just a loose example but essentially my idea is to have two unique templates for each race only selectable at character creation. One for Magicka and one for Stamina oriented classes.

I'd rather see racial differences made larger.

With major additions making the differences even more extreme.

It's cool to have to also account for race on top of class. They don't necessarily have to make it stat based either.
    Again players does not study builds then creating their first character, they discover they have made an non bis selection months later and it might be very random, like very unsure if making an magsorc altmer or bosmer, they wanted to be an elf and did not like dumer, selected bosmer by random.

I'm for adding sex differences like in the daggerfall, morrowind and oblivion :)
    Its both lore friendly and realistic.

If only there was a mechanic in game to change race!

I get that sometimes you find yourself with a race that performs subpar for a role.

But... races that are not traditionally of a certain inclination probably should perform subparringly.
    LordSemaj wrote: »
    But who wants to look like a Redguard, Argonian, or High Elf? The player originally chose the race he wanted and now has to change his appearance to become BIS. That simply isn't right and vampires have been arguing that point for ages.
    This, one is that race matter for many, very good comparison to vampires look.

But also because race change is an crown cost for rolling wrong in the start, more fun you need any race in any alliance for full benefit and avoid selections you did not want.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nerf all the races to not matter so much, only 1k dps at best instead of current 5k :kiss:
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • KraziJoe
    KraziJoe
    ✭✭✭

Your argument does not sway me.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    what about: NO?