The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How Is This Possible?

• magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    he was probably trolling, probably got banned on one account of came from pc and its vet but its vet cp 100 so he cleared it. ive forgot to replace my cp before and done vma, its doable when you know the mechanics
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What platform are you on?

There is a add-on that allows you to make up your own title.

@Joy_Division I’m on actually both PS4-NA and PC-NA. But nowadays, I exclusively play on PS4. So that image was taken on PS4.
  • yttoks
    yttoks
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds fishy, but who knows. I wouldn't call it impossible. If you whip out Occam's razor, you'll probably hit on the truth. But you'll never really know the answer to this puzzler for sure.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure I saw a post on reddit where someone posted screens of their cp70 or something vMA clear... Alt account, of course.
    Then there are people who switch platforms... I know a guy who decided to switch to pc (he started playing on console) and since theres no account transfer, he had to level up a new account. He got his vMA title pretty early because he already had the experience.
    As for brand new players... Well, one of my guildies did vMA as cp 200 or so warden. I know that for sure because I crafted gear for them and we discussed tactics in guild chat.
    So yeah its technically possible to do vMA at low cp.

But I still think theres a possibility that this player was trolling. CPs are ridiculously easy to get at this level, its weird that this player didnt get cp160+ on their way to vMA. After all, that cp70 guy was going specifically for vMA and that would be a bit weird for a first time player.

LordSemaj wrote: »

I mean there are players who have beaten Dark Souls games naked with no gear and zero deaths at level 1 with no health or dmg upgrades or skill points spent. Hard is a word used by casuals to such people.
    Well if you play Dark Souls at level 1, its actually easier to have super low hp, you'll get oneshotted anyway, but there is a ring that boosts damage when your hp is lower than 20%. XD So its not just to show off.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on February 18, 2018 6:34PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Balticthunder
    Balticthunder
    ✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    So, who is now going to make new account to prove us how easy vMA can be done at CP 100?
    You should have sneak upon that guy an watch how he deals with normal mobs in Auridon, it could tell you much

Dude... I can tell you for a fact that veteran or not. Going into VMA sub-CP 100 or even at CP 100 is no breeze. Not even remotely easy in any form of the word. I’d even say attempting it at CP160 isn’t going to be too easy.

Think about it like this (assuming the player truly is new):
    - It’s an expensive process.
    - It’s a time extensive process from trial and error.
    - The DPS of a relatively new player or even an experienced player under CP160 or around it isn’t too remarkable.
    - The same as above, but for mitigation. Even if you’re a MagSorc, your amount of survival in a place like VMA isn’t too good (if CP100 or below it).
    - Your resources aren’t that good to sustain (even if using something like Seducer or Magnus).
    - Your experience in rotations are suboptimal on a good day.
    - Your knowledge of mob abilities and patterns aren’t too sharp.
    - Your Gear is super-ass, as it isn’t CP160 yet. Let alone CP140-150.

The list goes on and on. Lol.

What I meant was if you just happen to somehow follow that guy around and see if he struggle and cant melt down normal mobs in quest zone, then youll had your answer. ( that he cheated that title)
    The first sentence was sarcasm to all pro people here telling how easy vMA really is.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recruited a lot of players whom had their first vMA clears years ago at cp 200 lower or slightly higher. To them it wasn’t just easy, they had it on farm and got the vMA weapons back when they were truly OP. They ended up beIng some of the best payers in the game, I don’t play with any of them much now but they are tier 1 pvp And trials players to this day. They also happened to find game s like bloodborn or dark souls 1-2-3 fun and enjoyable.

Also to be fair ESO can be casual in some respects.
    Me personally my first complete was at cp 300 , a late bloomer, and it was brutal.
    Edited by A_G_G_R_O on February 18, 2018 5:34PM
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all likelihood it was someone that was permbanned on an account, and restarted a new one.
    Unless they know the mechanics extremely well, there is almost no chance to complete it that low.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there's anything suspicious about this at all. ESO is really easy. An average 'hardcore gamer' could master vMA very quickly -- especially now with, I assume, thousands of clear videos available.

IMO, it's probably easier to complete vMA now with no CP than it was to complete it with max CP (501) when it was released in 2.2.
    Edited by zyk on February 18, 2018 5:47PM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    I don't think there's anything suspicious about this at all. ESO is really easy. An average 'hardcore gamer' could master vMA very quickly -- especially now with, I assume, thousands of clear videos available.

IMO, it's probably easier to complete vMA now with no CP than it was to complete it with max CP (501) when it was released in 2.2.

I beg to differ, comrade. And not to toot my own horn, but I’d definitely classify myself as a hardcore gamer. Even though I favor JRPG’s, platformers, and fighting games over FPS games and other multiplayer-based games, I can assure you that the vast majority of the most challenging experiences I’ve ever had were from a single-player game. I’ll say it again, I come from the perspective of games like: Mega Man, SoulsBourne, Ninja Gaiden Castlevania, Devil May Cry, King of Fighters, Crash Bandicoot, etc. And none of those prepared me for VMA. And my reflexes were on point going into ESO. Sure they weren’t as sharp as they are now, being as I’ve played games that demand higher reflexes (Nioh). But n’ah. VMA was a beast in and of itself.

And not for nothing? It’s also the things outside of our control that makes the content so punishing. It’s not so much that people’s reflexes or perception may be too slow, but rather you’re put into RNG-based circumstances at times in VMA. You’re put into situations where the only thing separating you from a flawless clear or not, is if the game doesn’t hiccup on you. If an add or boss doesn’t just flip-out, and bypass 1 of its patterns or mechanics. And when you have but so many CP to go off of (thus naturally effecting what type of gear and consumables you’re using), VMA can become quite the unforgiving instance. You could be having a smooth run, and bam. Just like that, you’re insta-gibbbed. Why? Because lag. VMA is brutal like that.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you call a hardcore gamer is different than what I call a hardcore gamer. I completed vMA in 2.2 without many problems, and I am mostly casual. I'm also slow and past my prime. A 20-something hardcore gamer with peak reactions who can play for 12 hours straight without fatigue or aches and pains should have no problem with vMA in 2018 because of power creep and the degree to which vMA is well-known.
    Edited by zyk on February 18, 2018 6:16PM
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vMA is not hard if you are capable of;

1) memorising spawns
    2) burst dps
    3) basic awareness

It was considered hard on release due to being new, also it has been nerfed since then. You can literally only die to your own mistakes or lag.

That is not to say some will find it hard, newer/inexperienced players perhaps. But vMA is joke and it’s leaderboards reflect it.

Here is to hoping for a really challenging 2 man arena in the future!
    Edited by Ajaxduo on February 18, 2018 6:23PM
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like ppl start to get insecure when they realize someone else has more talent.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrfWst9lyWs

as long as you have a weapon you can do vMA o:)

And also yeah, he is right, eso content is a ridicilous joke, overland monsters die in 1 or 2 hits, I can solo pretty much every world boss except a few, heck I can even solo the basic vet dungeons. PvE in this game is a total joke and anyone taking it too seriously is also a joke.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 18, 2018 6:30PM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you call a hardcore gamer is different than what I call a hardcore gamer. I completed vMA in 2.2 without many problems, and I am mostly casual. I'm also slow and past my prime. A 20-something hardcore gamer with peak reactions who can play for 12 hours straight without fatigue or aches and pains should have no problem with vMA in 2018 because of power creep and the degree to which vMA is well-known.

You call that hardcore. I call that extremely foolish and unhealthy. And while I do know of lots of players who sit there and do “marathons” like that (I too was guilty of doing them too a few times), I would never go about doing them again knowing what I do now. Those types of sessions are extremely dangerous, and not worth the health-based side effects that come along with them. Health > gaming.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Health > gaming.
    AKA not hardcore.

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

To be honest when you play for 8-10+ hours your reactions start to get worse and worse as time goes on.
    Its always best to take breaks. Its not about fatiques or aches or pains. Its about mental and physical health.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest when you play for 8-10+ hours your reactions start to get worse and worse as time goes on.
    Its always best to take breaks. Its not about fatiques or aches or pains. Its about mental and physical health.

I'm not advocating playing that way. Is any kind of hardcore lifestyle actually healthy or recommended?

There is a parallel to sports. The best pro athletes live their games. Kobe Bryant was famous for practicing until 3AM or later after bad shooting nights. Hardcore athletes start to lose their edge when they can't do that anymore because their bodies break down. Practice makes perfect.

Half the reason I'm not as good at games as I once was is because I simply lack the physical endurance to practice as much as I'd prefer to.
    Edited by zyk on February 18, 2018 6:43PM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ragnarock41 Have you heard of the people who’ve unfortunately passed away from doing sessions like that, and or gotten blood clots? That stuff is so extremely dangerous, yet so many people shrug the risks off. There’s no way in the world I’d go about doing those 3+ hour sessions, without getting up to walk around and or take breaks. Screw that. I value my life far more than I do a game that was created for entertainment purposes. And with the countless stories popping up about how dangerous it is to sit in the same position for prolonged periods of time, it really does make you question what is more important.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm not advocating playing that way. Is any kind of hardcore lifestyle actually healthy or recommended?

There is a parallel to sports. The best pro athletes live their games. Kobe Bryant was famous for practicing until 3AM or later after bad shooting nights. Hardcore athletes start to lose their edge when they can't do that anymore because their bodies break down. Practice makes perfect.

Half the reason I'm not as good at games as I once was is because I simply lack the physical endurance to practice as much as I'd prefer to.

true, but to be honest you have to be an actual DUMMY to go no life on a game like ESO.

Yes, Pro gamers who earn their lives from games do spend that much on games, and they do earn a living out of that, Its their job.

But there is no money or fame to be made in this game.

You could be a ''minecraft pro'' and be more popular lmao.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 18, 2018 6:45PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@Ragnarock41 Have you heard of the people who’ve unfortunately passed away from doing sessions like that, and or gotten blood clots? That stuff is so extremely dangerous, yet so many people shrug the risks off. There’s no way in the world I’d go about doing those 3+ hour sessions, without getting up to walk around and or take breaks. Screw that. I value my life far more than I do a game that was created for entertainment purposes. And with the countless stories popping up about how dangerous it is to sit in the same position for prolonged periods of time, it really does make you question what is more important.

yet so many people do it. To be honest those cases of blood clots and dying of heart attacks are very rare considering how many people just go no life on video games, even streamers doing 24/48 hour marathons on twitch etc... But with that being said, I agree its very dumb to play a game for 12+ hours, especially if you're not gaining anything from it.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 18, 2018 6:51PM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Health > gaming.
    AKA not hardcore.

AKA not an addict, either.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@zyk While that too is unhealthy, it isn’t as nearly as unhealthy for as gaming for hours on end. You’re comparing physical activity, something that can in a sense be viewed as exercise. To sitting in a chair, and staring into a monitor or screen of some sort. Come on now. I’m sure you know the dangers of sitting for too long.

I mean...

Just look at from a heart perspective. Basketball and other physical activities help with blood pressure, and overall cardiovascular health. An athlete’s resting blood pressure and pulse is dramatically healthier than that of an e-sport’s pro gamer. In fact, I’d be willing to bet a lot of these e-sport pros already have high blood pressure or other health-related issues. There’s no way: Consuming caffeine, smoking cigarettes (if they do), abusing things like ADD and ADHD drugs (again if they do), and sitting in a chair while staring at a screen is good for you. And we all know that these people are also probably eating fast food a lot, knocking back sodas, etc. Let alone compared to an athlete. Especially a basketball player. Someone who does TONS of physical exercises, and doesn’t look at screens for long amounts of time.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on February 18, 2018 6:56PM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing a professional sport at a high level certainly is not healthy. If your sport does not earn a lot of money, it will cripple a a hardcore player. Most pro athletes pay for their extreme nature with a lifetime of pain. The same can be true of hardcore gaming or any extreme activity.

What I'm saying is that hardcore is extreme by its very nature. What you're describing is not extreme. Sorry.
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be entirely honest once you get to know the mechanics vma IS an absolute joke with the defense sigils, let alone all of them. Also you can probably just make some sort of tank build to beat it slowly but without any danger. Or be a sorc, that's easy mode.
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was probably perma banned on his main account. After all if hes so new to game and thinks content is a joke why would he invest grinding cp all the way to 690 if game isnt even challenging lol.

• LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be entirely honest once you get to know the mechanics vma IS an absolute joke with the defense sigils, let alone all of them. Also you can probably just make some sort of tank build to beat it slowly but without any danger. Or be a sorc, that's easy mode.

True enough. Naked runs are sorcerer cheese yet flawless werewolf has been done as well and it was a tank build. Werewolves have no access to special snowflake skills that make purging or sustain manageable yet were still able to beat VMA without a death (on a single transformation too).
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@zyk While that too is unhealthy, it isn’t as nearly as unhealthy for as gaming for hours on end. You’re comparing physical activity, something that can in a sense be viewed as exercise. To sitting in a chair, and staring into a monitor or screen of some sort. Come on now. I’m sure you know the dangers of sitting for too long.

I mean...

Just look at from a heart perspective. Basketball and other physical activities help with blood pressure, and overall cardiovascular health. An athlete’s resting blood pressure and pulse is dramatically healthier than that of an e-sport’s pro gamer. In fact, I’d be willing to bet a lot of these e-sport pros already have high blood pressure or other health-related issues. There’s no way: Consuming caffeine, smoking cigarettes (if they do), abusing things like ADD and ADHD drugs (again if they do), and sitting in a chair while staring at a screen is good for you. And we all know that these people are also probably eating fast food a lot, knocking back sodas, etc. Let alone compared to an athlete. Especially a basketball player. Someone who does TONS of physical exercises, and doesn’t look at screens for long amounts of time.

Very true. The e-sports pros have to do something else to maintain physical fitness, and that means sacrificing practice time, or forgoing the physical fitness. Whereas the basketball players do not have to do something else to maintain physical fitness, so there is no need for a choice between sacrificing practice time and forgoing physical fitness.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody truly say they are new like that. They usually say they say they started x ago.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone who is under cp100 would not have any idea whether the content in eso is a joke or not. It's probably someone who has a lot of experience in vma with a new account, maybe because they got banned ;)
    LordSemaj wrote: »
    Barring the possibility that you're using one of the mods that people can pay for custom titles in, you have the answer in your original post. He's an FPS gamer. The level of skill required for competitive shooters is well beyond what ESO requires and time effectively stands still in an RPG environment because 1 second globals are an ETERNITY to someone who lives or dies by split second decisions. He may even be a child and possess the time dilation awareness of one that fails to understand why other people cannot accurately and quickly click on someone's head when it's so easy to do because the world moves in such slow motion.

I mean there are players who have beaten Dark Souls games naked with no gear and zero deaths at level 1 with no health or dmg upgrades or skill points spent. Hard is a word used by casuals to such people.

While I’m aware of said “SoulsBourne” players with that amount of skill, FPS titles require little to no skill IMO. I mean, this is coming from someone who regularly plays Overwatch and Doom. Both relatively fast-paced shooters. Overwatch especially (I main: Zenyatta, S76, and Roadhog). So n’ah. I strongly disagree with FPS titles requiring the same amount of skills as say something like: ESO’s VMA, Nioh, Mega Man games, nor any installment of “SoulsBourne”. I’d even go as far as to say FPS games lack the skill needed for something like Crash Bandicoot or Ninja Gaiden games. I mean, I’m just being 100% honest here.

yeah nah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq2Glc7hudY
    Edited by ecru on February 18, 2018 8:11PM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah Champ you got trolled. Lots is people have cleared it on second accounts at cp160. Sometime probably just did it for a laugh to see if anyone would be triggered. I'm sure with the right setup I could clear it at CP 100. Would it be awful, yes but if Gillam can clear it with the broom I'm sure it's possible.