The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How Is This Possible?

Ch4mpTW
Ch4mpTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
[Removed image]

While strolling along Auridon, I happened to come across what appeared to be a person who had Stormproof on a character under 100 champion points. I had a bit of a brief dialogue with this person, and they had claimed that they were brand new to ESO. As they didn’t even bother with console all together, and supposedly only played FPS titles on PC. I asked a bit about how it was that they were able to clear VMA on such a low-CP character, and their response was that ESO’s content overall is a joke. Claiming it to be far too casual-friendly, and how only scrubs struggle with something like VMA.

Now wait a minute. I’ve done done VMA numerous times. Flawlessly even on multiple classes. I’m also an avid player of “challenging” games. In fact, I’m currently working on obtaining all colored gems and relics in the 1st Crash Bandicoot, and juggling Nioh: Complete Edition and Mega Man: Legacy Collection 2 on the side. And I can definitely say that n’ah. Veteran Maelstrom Arena is in a league all on its own, compared to both the Nioh franchise (something classified by thousands of gamers to be harder and more bs than “SoulsBourne”) and Mega Man franchise (do I even need to elaborate on the reputation MM games have regarding difficulty?). Yet... Here comes this incredibly-low CP person wandering about with numerous VMA weapons, and claiming how VMA was a breeze.

Can someone please explain to me WTF it is that I’m missing here? Because something isn’t right, nor adding up all the way. There has to be something that I’m overlooking, and or unaware of that has transpired and or occurred. I’m fully aware that I haven’t set foot in VMA in a few months, so maybe ZOS toned down the difficulty perhaps? But even then, I doubt that. The last time I was in VMA, the content was extremely buggy and laggy. Thus making the content unbearably difficult even for a veteran to it such as myself and many others. I even have a few video clips of the crap I was experiencing at the time in there. So how is it that this player can just waltz into the game, clear it out multiple times like it’s nothing, and speak about it like it’s a breeze?

By the way, this is in no way a “name n’ shame”. This is more about how in the world something like that is possible. And yes, I’ve seen some pretty improbable and semi-impossible stuff (e.g. a guy beating invisible Tetris on GM difficulty at 99 speed). But this? N’ah. I need answers.

[Removed image to avoid naming the player]
Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on February 18, 2018 3:57PM
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm shocked they didn't get to cp160 from clearing it :/
  • Vostorn
    Vostorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Possibly someone with an alt account that has cleared vma countless times with its main account.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Can someone please explain to me WTF it is that I’m missing here?

Well, the part where the mods usually frown on ANY names popping up on the forums because of naming and shaming, but... you know...

Okay, a few possibilities:

First, because of how level scaling works, it's possible that vMA is much easier if you hit it at CR10. Maybe if you'd gotten him to link an item from it?

Second, It's possible that he's being economical with the truth, and is, in fact, on an alt account, with full knowledge of the vMA mechanics.

Third, it's possible he's following a walkthrough guide to the letter, (which may also factor in to the scaling issue).

Fourth, it is possible that he paid someone else to run through vMA for him. (I'm not automatically inclined to believe this, but, you know.)

Fifth, it's possible that he really is just that good. Not, you know, likely.

Sixth, you can get stupidly lucky in Maelstrom sometimes. If you've been truly blessed by RNGesus, you might get an easy cruise through vMA, and never even realize what a horrific crucible the place is.

I kinda suspect it's some combination of 1 and 6, with 3 being a reasonable additional factor. But, you know... pick your poison.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way to know, the only thing we do know is that vMA is incredibly hard for even good players below CP300 which is the level that vMA was designed around. And seeing as level scaling stops after 50 I would think CP100 is just about as impossible as it gets, but who can say.
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So.e people are really good at gaming. As Vestorn said, some people have multiple accounts.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    No way to know, the only thing we do know is that vMA is incredibly hard for even good players below CP300 which is the level that vMA was designed around. And seeing as level scaling stops after 50 I would think CP100 is just about as impossible as it gets, but who can say.

I'd be inclined to agree, but it's just this side of possible for weird things to happen. I still remember a guild member who managed to get a level 8 werewolf back before the monster tutorial quest scaled. It was pretty murderous to clear at level 12.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Some people just have fast skills and the ability to learn a game fast. Like those people who can learn a song just by hearing it once on the radio and can play it perfectly the first time.
    2. Some people's accounts are banned and the come back to the game so they know it already. All games are patterns, and once you know the pattern, they are easier to beat.
    3. Some people have others run their characters for them.
    4. Alt Account
    Edited by Nestor on February 18, 2018 1:05PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vapirko That’s what in saying. It just doesn’t add-up. And dude was talking like it was a breeze, and how anyone who struggled with it at all needed to l2p. That’s what really confused me.

I mean... Let’s analyze this a tad bit further... Learning VMA is both a very time heavy and expensive process. Let’s be real here. First clear of VMA required tons of gold from: Potion cost, repairing gear, soul gems, etc. It’s not a cheap process at all. And usually when a player is sub-160 CP, they aren’t too well-off financially speaking. They also aren’t too interested in VMA, as they care more so about farming overland content for experience and maybe gear sets as well. They also are usually focused on acquiring gold (I knew I was), and learning the ins and outs of how their class plays and things like rotations (again, I knew I was obsessed over it).

But to just be fresh to ESO, be under CP100 (CP160 even), immediately farm VMA, etc. that just raises all sorts of eyebrows. And then to just casually discuss said experiences with others about how simple it was... I mean, what? Huh? Red flag and all over the place.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ch4mpTW, yeah, given that context, I'm inclined to point to my #2 and @nestor's #2 and #4. I don't want to say it, but I lean towards his #2, all things considered.

EDIT: Also, his #3 and my #5 have some legs... again, given context.
    Edited by starkerealm on February 18, 2018 1:09PM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    1. Some people just have fast skills and the ability to learn a game fast. Like those people who can learn a song just by hearing it once on the radio and can play it perfectly the first time.
    2. Some people's accounts are banned and the come back to the game so they know it already. All games are patterns, and once you know the pattern, they are easier to beat.
    3. Some people have others run their characters for them.
    4. Alt Account

@Nestor Sure, I can imagine those things could be a possibly. I’ve come across a few people in CP30’s-90’s range with VMoL and VHoF skins as well, but like... Things just feel wrong. They feel... Like pieces are missing, and just uncomfortable even. Lmao. I don’t need know how to explain it, but it just leaves me with a very confused and disturbed sensation. It’s kinda like when you see something that you couldn’t “unsee”, and the thought of the said image remains just poking in your mind.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ch4mpTW, for what it's worth, I've actually done stuff like this, including in ESO.

There's an incentive to find something and do it before it would be reasonably possible, as a way to mess with other players. I've talked about this before, but back in 2014, I was getting characters through the Werewolf quest at level 16, and eventually got one through at level 12, specifically because it was such a weird thing to pop around newbies. Hell, I confused more than a few new players into thinking I was an enemy, simply because I wolfed out and started attacking things at a dolmen or worldboss.

Another fun example was back in Star Trek Online, where I'd regularly find ways to cheese my way to specific titles way before I was supposed to get them. Coming out of the Tutorial with the LIberated title (which was supposed to be from endgame grind) was always amusing. As was using the TR116 in the tutorial, as most players didn't have access to alternate weapons in there.

So... no, doing something like this, specifically to mess with other players kinda is the point. It's, "hey, look at how cool I am, and how much I can break the game." That said... yeah, it's weird, and you can tell something's off. My money's on an alt account at this point, but there are other possibilities.

EDIT: To be fair, I've never been obnoxious about it. I'm usually pretty upfront about how I do some of the weirder stuff, simply because I know how difficult and or tedious it actually is. (Liberated was incredibly tedious, while that level 12 Werewolf was a real pain, for example.)
    Edited by starkerealm on February 18, 2018 1:18PM
  • Jarryzzt
    Jarryzzt
    ✭✭✭✭
    My first question would be - how did he put out the DPS one needs to put out. The crystals at the end, the crematorium guards (or is it crematoria guards?), the ice platform boss (forget the name), all that nonsense.

In-game I would literally ask this person - if they were being obnoxious about the whole l2p thing - fine, here's a dummy, show me how much you can pull at CP90 or whatever they were. [I am going by the OP's impression that this was not a person you could just have a detailed and civil discussion with, though I could be wrong.] With a vMA build, by the way, which in many cases (not all) means slotting some skills (or an entirely different weapon) you wouldn't need in other content (shields/heals/whatever).

Not to mention the fact that you actually have to learn the mechanics of the thing. And practice them. I mean, either this is a person who watches a megaton of videos and memorizes every move they are going to make - and are good enough to execute - or they have an alt account and are trolling. Those would be my two guesses, and the balance of probability would heavily suggest the latter alternative...
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are really good players but ....maybe people will also understand CP doesn’t mean what so many want it to mean
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vapirko That’s what in saying. It just doesn’t add-up. And dude was talking like it was a breeze, and how anyone who struggled with it at all needed to l2p. That’s what really confused me.

I mean... Let’s analyze this a tad bit further... Learning VMA is both a very time heavy and expensive process. Let’s be real here. First clear of VMA required tons of gold from: Potion cost, repairing gear, soul gems, etc. It’s not a cheap process at all. And usually when a player is sub-160 CP, they aren’t too well-off financially speaking. They also aren’t too interested in VMA, as they care more so about farming overland content for experience and maybe gear sets as well. They also are usually focused on acquiring gold (I knew I was), and learning the ins and outs of how their class plays and things like rotations (again, I knew I was obsessed over it).

But to just be fresh to ESO, be under CP100 (CP160 even), immediately farm VMA, etc. that just raises all sorts of eyebrows. And then to just casually discuss said experiences with others about how simple it was... I mean, what? Huh? Red flag and all over the place.
    "and how anyone who struggled with it at all needed to l2p"
    Obviously secondary account and he was lying about being new.
    You was trolled simply enough.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jarryzzt wrote: »
    My first question would be - how did he put out the DPS one needs to put out. The crystals at the end, the crematorium guards (or is it crematoria guards?), the ice platform boss (forget the name), all that nonsense.

In-game I would literally ask this person - if they were being obnoxious about the whole l2p thing - fine, here's a dummy, show me how much you can pull at CP90 or whatever they were. [I am going by the OP's impression that this was not a person you could just have a detailed and civil discussion with, though I could be wrong.] With a vMA build, by the way, which in many cases (not all) means slotting some skills (or an entirely different weapon) you wouldn't need in other content (shields/heals/whatever).

Not to mention the fact that you actually have to learn the mechanics of the thing. And practice them. I mean, either this is a person who watches a megaton of videos and memorizes every move they are going to make - and are good enough to execute - or they have an alt account and are trolling. Those would be my two guesses, and the balance of probability would heavily suggest the latter alternative...

I don’t know what it was, but it definitely caused quite a buzz and stir in Auridon that night. After I snapped the screen shot, my buddy goes, “Champ, you peep that right?” And I’m like, “Yup. Just took a picture of it. Dudes will not believe WTF I just saw in Auridon today.” :D

Like, this is why I snap screen shots of a lot of things, and or take video clips of them. It’s not to go and name and shame, but so that there’s is some hard documented proof of the things I claim and speak about. I know for a fact that some of things I mention on these forums can strike you all as bs and incredibly far fetched. So that’s why I do the things I do, and record it. That way when I do mention these types of things, I can show you all as base to go off of. Lol. I see some wild stuff on PS4-NA, and even with me capturing footage of a lot of it. It isn’t even close to have of the things that go on and that you see. Especially if you hang around the circles I chill with, and associate yourself with those that I associate with. You too would be bugging out over some of this stuff.
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barring the possibility that you're using one of the mods that people can pay for custom titles in, you have the answer in your original post. He's an FPS gamer. The level of skill required for competitive shooters is well beyond what ESO requires and time effectively stands still in an RPG environment because 1 second globals are an ETERNITY to someone who lives or dies by split second decisions. He may even be a child and possess the time dilation awareness of one that fails to understand why other people cannot accurately and quickly click on someone's head when it's so easy to do because the world moves in such slow motion.

I mean there are players who have beaten Dark Souls games naked with no gear and zero deaths at level 1 with no health or dmg upgrades or skill points spent. Hard is a word used by casuals to such people.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it does seem a bit shady; even now, since console is not immune to cheating and manipulation. Although, I can't say if this is such cheating or manipulation, it is kind of shady that someone with such lower level and CP can clear vMA. I mean, it doesn't matter how long you have been playing or how countless and numerous time you have gone through something, a level with such lower level CP, you're not going to have enough points to put into the champion trees for damage output or mitigation. Even at 501 CP, it still wasn't that breezy for me going through vMA.

Heck, even at regular dolmens and world bosses, many under 400 CP are having trouble soloing dolmen alone. Literally, there are many times I have come upon a toon within the 400s and lower CP just standing there at a dolmen and only would engage once I engage. Plus, you can surely see those toons even wiping during the fight at dolmens and at world boss pits. Thus, it is hard for me to swallow that such lower level CP toon/player is about to pass vMA. It doesn't matter if you are so experienced with other accounts or know the mechanics like the back of your hands, you can't mitigate enough incoming damages from those hard-hitting rounds' bosses and adds.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordSemaj wrote: »
    Barring the possibility that you're using one of the mods that people can pay for custom titles in, you have the answer in your original post. He's an FPS gamer. The level of skill required for competitive shooters is well beyond what ESO requires and time effectively stands still in an RPG environment because 1 second globals are an ETERNITY to someone who lives or dies by split second decisions. He may even be a child and possess the time dilation awareness of one that fails to understand why other people cannot accurately and quickly click on someone's head when it's so easy to do because the world moves in such slow motion.

I mean there are players who have beaten Dark Souls games naked with no gear and zero deaths at level 1 with no health or dmg upgrades or skill points spent. Hard is a word used by casuals to such people.

While I’m aware of said “SoulsBourne” players with that amount of skill, FPS titles require little to no skill IMO. I mean, this is coming from someone who regularly plays Overwatch and Doom. Both relatively fast-paced shooters. Overwatch especially (I main: Zenyatta, S76, and Roadhog). So n’ah. I strongly disagree with FPS titles requiring the same amount of skills as say something like: ESO’s VMA, Nioh, Mega Man games, nor any installment of “SoulsBourne”. I’d even go as far as to say FPS games lack the skill needed for something like Crash Bandicoot or Ninja Gaiden games. I mean, I’m just being 100% honest here.
  • Balticthunder
    Balticthunder
    ✭✭✭
    So, who is now going to make new account to prove us how easy vMA can be done at CP 100?
    You should have sneak upon that guy an watch how he deals with normal mobs in Auridon, it could tell you much
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I suspect the mistake you're making here is assuming the guy was being completely honest with you and had no ulterior motives or any reason to exaggerate or omit any relevant information.

It's entirely possible that, as many people have suggested, he learned to do VMA on his main account and then switched to an alt account to do it at a low level, either just to see if he could or to show off to other people that it can be done and he can do it. A lot of people enjoy that kind of challenge.

And some of them are looking for exactly the reaction they got from you - people stopping to stare and take screenshots and tell their friends, or the whole world, what they saw. If you're going for that reaction why not take the extra step and make the story even more amazing (and worth sharing) by claiming it was easy and you can't imagine why anyone ever struggled with it?
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While I’m aware of said “SoulsBourne” players with that amount of skill, FPS titles require little to no skill IMO. I mean, this is coming from someone who regularly plays Overwatch and Doom. Both relatively fast-paced shooters. Overwatch especially (I main: Zenyatta, S76, and Roadhog). So n’ah. I strongly disagree with FPS titles requiring the same amount of skills as say something like: ESO’s VMA, Nioh, Mega Man games, nor any installment of “SoulsBourne”. I’d even go as far as to say FPS games lack the skill needed for something like Crash Bandicoot or Ninja Gaiden games. I mean, I’m just being 100% honest here.

Overwatch? Doom? Let's just leave it at you will not understand the depths of the skill required for FPS gaming until you go competitive and have to play against people striving to win money. The esports scene is more noticeable in CS:GO and while it seems visually simple, that's grossly misleading. Heck, anyone who's served in live combat scenarios knows that fire fights aren't simple or lacking in required skill. It's the misconception that people are merely aiming and pulling a trigger that generates this. You don't have to agree or believe but there is a much greater skill requirement to FPS games than you're aware of or have been able to see. I used to think the same think when I was a kid and until I was enlightened.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, who is now going to make new account to prove us how easy vMA can be done at CP 100?
    You should have sneak upon that guy an watch how he deals with normal mobs in Auridon, it could tell you much

Dude... I can tell you for a fact that veteran or not. Going into VMA sub-CP 100 or even at CP 100 is no breeze. Not even remotely easy in any form of the word. I’d even say attempting it at CP160 isn’t going to be too easy.

Think about it like this (assuming the player truly is new):
    - It’s an expensive process.
    - It’s a time extensive process from trial and error.
    - The DPS of a relatively new player or even an experienced player under CP160 or around it isn’t too remarkable.
    - The same as above, but for mitigation. Even if you’re a MagSorc, your amount of survival in a place like VMA isn’t too good (if CP100 or below it).
    - Your resources aren’t that good to sustain (even if using something like Seducer or Magnus).
    - Your experience in rotations are suboptimal on a good day.
    - Your knowledge of mob abilities and patterns aren’t too sharp.
    - Your Gear is super-ass, as it isn’t CP160 yet. Let alone CP140-150.

The list goes on and on. Lol.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Overwatch? Doom? Let's just leave it at you will not understand the depths of the skill required for FPS gaming until you go competitive and have to play against people striving to win money. The esports scene is more noticeable in CS:GO and while it seems visually simple, that's grossly misleading. Heck, anyone who's served in live combat scenarios knows that fire fights aren't simple or lacking in required skill. It's the misconception that people are merely aiming and pulling a trigger that generates this. You don't have to agree or believe but there is a much greater skill requirement to FPS games than you're aware of or have been able to see. I used to think the same think when I was a kid and until I was enlightened.

While I may not have played against people for money in a FPS title, I most certainly can say that I have in fighting games. Marvel Vs. Capcom, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat (only Trilogy and UMK3 however), Smash Bros., and King of Fighters. So yes. I’m more than aware of how good players can be when on a tournament circuit, and cash is on the line.

Lol. Is it because didn’t mention Quake or Halo that you feel that way by a chance? Because even, neither of those compare to how fast-paced Overwatch is (go do a Google search on Tracer and Genji). CS:GO compared to OW is like Sonic the Hedgehog racing against a Mario with the star power-up. Overwatch runs circles around CS:GO regarding skill and overall game pace. People legit get headaches and nauseous playing and watching Genji and Lucio. Let alone Tracer.

Anyway, I still stand strongly by my point that FPS’ skill requirements pale in comparison to games like: ESO’s VMA, any “SoulsBourne”, any Mega Man game (except for X4 and maybe 8), Nioh, Ninja Gaiden, Castlevania, Devil May Cry (especially not DMC3 lol), Crash Bandicoot (the 1st game only), etc. No. Not even close. While I can respect your difference of opinion, I must disagree with you.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vMA scales. So it shouldn't be any harder on cp100 than at cp160. It's more knowledge based too. People have ran it nekkid and noCP before.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

But you don't just run into a DS game straight off the bat and do it naked on a lvl 1 toon. The people who do those runs have done it numerous times and have everything down to a tee. No way someone will have ran vMA numerous times and still only be that level in ESO. Also, different skill sets required for FPS and a game like ESO. Not saying some people aren't just naturally gifted, but I think the general consensus is, no, you just don't run through vMA and get a clear just like that.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on February 18, 2018 3:34PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But you don't just run into a DS game straight off the bat and do it naked on a lvl 1 toon. The people who do those runs have done it numerous times and have everything down to a tee. No way someone will have ran vMA numerous times and still only be that level in ESO. Also, different skill sets required for FPS and a game like ESO. Not saying some people aren't just naturally gifted, but I think the general consensus is, no, you just don't run through vMA and get a clear just like that.

Which is why so many people said this is likely to be an alt account.

Practice on your main account until you can do it consistently on low CP characters, then switch to an alt account and do it on the first try (or in a few tries) so you've completed it before racking up CP.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While I may not have played against people for money in a FPS title, I most certainly can say that I have in fighting games. Marvel Vs. Capcom, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat (only Trilogy and UMK3 however), Smash Bros., and King of Fighters. So yes. I’m more than aware of how good players can be when on a tournament circuit, and cash is on the line.

Lol. Is it because didn’t mention Quake or Halo that you feel that way by a chance? Because even, neither of those compare to how fast-paced Overwatch is (go do a Google search on Tracer and Genji). CS:GO compared to OW is like Sonic the Hedgehog racing against a Mario with the star power-up. Overwatch runs circles around CS:GO regarding skill and overall game pace. People legit get headaches and nauseous playing and watching Genji and Lucio. Let alone Tracer.

Anyway, I still stand strongly by my point that FPS’ skill requirements pale in comparison to games like: ESO’s VMA, any “SoulsBourne”, any Mega Man game (except for X4 and maybe 8), Nioh, Ninja Gaiden, Castlevania, Devil May Cry (especially not DMC3 lol), Crash Bandicoot (the 1st game only), etc. No. Not even close. While I can respect your difference of opinion, I must disagree with you.

overwatch might be fast paced but its also, like pretty much all blizzard games - is designed to be casual/not particularly skilled player friendly. its THE reason why blizzard games do as well as they have. they are inclusive to all types of players. so.. maybe overwatch on competitive level qualifies as example of what fps entails (and on competitive level - it requires a great deal of skill AND great reflexes), but at the same time. its deliberately designed to be fairly easy to jump into. for anyone. so the comparison is closer to regular overwatch playing = ESO overworld solo questing. and skill requirement for ESO questing is pretty low, which is what makes it accessible AND popular.

so what I'm saying is.. being good at fps does require skill and in fact? it absolutely DOES help with harder content in ESO, because there are certain twitchy similarities. vs coming to ESO from.. only playing single player rpg's or similar.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

overwatch might be fast paced but its also, like pretty much all blizzard games - is designed to be casual/not particularly skilled player friendly. its THE reason why blizzard games do as well as they have. they are inclusive to all types of players. so.. maybe overwatch on competitive level qualifies as example of what fps entails (and on competitive level - it requires a great deal of skill AND great reflexes), but at the same time. its deliberately designed to be fairly easy to jump into. for anyone. so the comparison is closer to regular overwatch playing = ESO overworld solo questing. and skill requirement for ESO questing is pretty low, which is what makes it accessible AND popular.

so what I'm saying is.. being good at fps does require skill and in fact? it absolutely DOES help with harder content in ESO, because there are certain twitchy similarities. vs coming to ESO from.. only playing single player rpg's or similar.

Interesting... Pretty insightful too. I actually find that the more I indulge in single player games, the better off it is making in ESO and other multiplayer games. Perhaps this is because a lot of the games I play are classified as challenging by a lot of audiences (platformers especially). Like for example, going from a game like Nioh into ESO seems to make dueling a lot more easier for me. Although, I do wish I could change stances on the fly in ESO like Nioh. As well as the ability to combo.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

Interesting... Pretty insightful too. I actually find that the more I indulge in single player games, the better off it is making in ESO and other multiplayer games. Perhaps this is because a lot of the games I play are classified as challenging by a lot of audiences (platformers especially). Like for example, going from a game like Nioh into ESO seems to make dueling a lot more easier for me. Although, I do wish I could change stances on the fly in ESO like Nioh. As well as the ability to combo.

its part of it, yeah, but it also depends on the kind of games you indulge in. fps and games like Nioh require you to react quickly, adjust quickly, aim well, dodge, etc. so when you go into ESO - it comes smoother by extension. its also the reason why some people who come from slower paced, more traditional rpg's - are having more trouble with it. that said, for OP? my money is on alt account created for the purposes of trolling.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What platform are you on?

There is a add-on that allows you to make up your own title.