The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rename Night Blade to Mulligan Please

jerj6925
jerj6925
✭✭✭✭
Mulligan : (in informal golf) an extra stroke allowed after a poor shot, not counted on the scorecard.

Essentially a do over, don't like what's going on just stealth out and start over or leave.

The mulligan sees a target and attacks! Hmmm didn't do the damage you wanted so just hit the mulligan button and just do over and repeat as many times as you like or needed to finish the job.
Nope didn't work this time either? Mulligan!
Hmm fat fingered the button on your controller? Mulligan!
oh dang now he has a friend to back him up.. Mulligan!
well maybe I can take him, he did use a lot of power to heal the damage I did to him. Nope did not kill him and now he might be able to kill me soooo Mulligan!
in the middle of a fight and the coffee is ready, Mulligan! get coffee and enjoy then jump back in when ready.

Found some one who T-bagged you once? Give him a seizure by blinking in and out so much he flops to the floor like a fish and kill him at your leisure by spamming the Mulligan ability.

Perhaps as a start Radiant magelight could function as it did from release?
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you show me on the doll where the Nightblade touched you?
    PC/EU DC
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet another "I have trouble with nightblades in stealth so clearly they must be OP because otherwise I wouldn't have trouble with them" thread.
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    I hardly use cloak anymore cause it never works for me.
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff cloak
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Detect pots bro. NB is the only class whose primary defense mechanism is hard countered by a potion. There are all sorts of other useful effects you can get on detect potions, like Immovable or Major Sorcery. Try them out and soon you'll spend most of your Cyrodiil time laughing at nightblades.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "I have 18k HP and the bad Nightblade killed me, ZOS pls Nerf!"

Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jerj6925 wrote: »
    Mulligan : (in informal golf) an extra stroke allowed after a poor shot, not counted on the scorecard.

Essentially a do over, don't like what's going on just stealth out and start over or leave.

The mulligan sees a target and attacks! Hmmm didn't do the damage you wanted so just hit the mulligan button and just do over and repeat as many times as you like or needed to finish the job.
    Nope didn't work this time either? Mulligan!
    Hmm fat fingered the button on your controller? Mulligan!
    oh dang now he has a friend to back him up.. Mulligan!
    well maybe I can take him, he did use a lot of power to heal the damage I did to him. Nope did not kill him and now he might be able to kill me soooo Mulligan!
    in the middle of a fight and the coffee is ready, Mulligan! get coffee and enjoy then jump back in when ready.

Found some one who T-bagged you once? Give him a seizure by blinking in and out so much he flops to the floor like a fish and kill him at your leisure by spamming the Mulligan ability.

Perhaps as a start Radiant magelight could function as it did from release?

L2P kid
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it the NB that should have a name change or OP?

Seems like OP could find use for one of the several skills to prevent others from going into stealth. It works well for others.

- Mulligan
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1016.jpg
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You remove stealth, you not only remove a class but you remove a whole portion of the fan base. Which means less money for zos, which means aint going to happen
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you use another analogy from a more popular sport, please?
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all can defend it but you know its true, its the only class that does not have to commit to combat if they don't want too. You all also know with the game as broken as it is. Radiant magelight hardly every works and if it does NB are able to stealth out immediately after. Detection pots you bet I keep a stack of 100 on me most times so I never run out... if they work and no they are not out of range. Last NB stealth is the #1 bitched about thing in zone chat as well groups, even other NB players acknowledge it is way over abused.

Everyone knows you all will do your best to protect your easy mode play style, your not fooling anyone.

Part 2: Everyone telling me to learn 2 play clearly plays a nightblade. Because if I have trouble with nightblade cloak, clearly everyone else has trouble with nightblades unless they secretly play nightblades.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    220px-PremiumSaltines.jpg
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all can defend it but you know its true, its the only class that does not have to commit to combat if they don't want too. You all also know with the game as broken as it is. Radiant magelight hardly every works and if it does NB are able to stealth out immediately after. Detection pots you bet I keep a stack of 100 on me most times so I never run out... if they work and no they are not out of range. Last NB stealth is the #1 bitched about thing in zone chat as well groups, even other NB players acknowledge it is way over abused.

Everyone knows you all will do your best to protect your easy mode play style, your not fooling anyone.

Part 2: Everyone telling me to learn 2 play clearly plays a nightblade. Because if I have trouble with nightblade cloak, clearly everyone else has trouble with nightblades unless they secretly play nightblades.

Why dont you try a nightblade then?
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

Why dont you try a nightblade then?

What do you recommend, stam or magic? :)

Also, make a sports analogy
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One day this game will turn into elder nightblades online, but even then nightblades will ask for buffs.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You remove stealth, you not only remove a class but you remove a whole portion of the fan base. Which means less money for zos, which means aint going to happen

so instead they went and nerfed literally everything else that counters nightblades.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so instead they went and nerfed literally everything else that counters nightblades.

Stealth is one of those mechanics that has a very fine goldilocks zone of "just right". It goes from completely broken to completely useless very quickly.
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a joke on an ability when used as some people do, as in somehow w.o coming out of stealth doing 6-8 abilities on me while i am frozen even to break out for 3 seconds or so while the macro catches up. Its funny only when after all that im not dead cause they are too inept to see my stats ... then they just disappear and leave cause they know they can kill me now that i can buff and actually make it a fight.
  • Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is with you, not the class. I'm not sorry that it isn't easier for you.
    Kode Darkstar, Aldmeri Dominion
  • joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Look your problem is most likely your ranged or the nb breaks the distance. So to kill majority of nb’s you need to close the distance the whole fight. Don’t give them wiggle room. Here is where det pots work and radiant mage light works wonders. If your letting the nb go where ever he wants you need to change some stuff up.
    Smiff
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Stealth is one of those mechanics that has a very fine goldilocks zone of "just right". It goes from completely broken to completely useless very quickly.

That doesnt change the fact that stamblade atm is easy mode class.
  • ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Can you use another analogy from a more popular sport, please?

What is more popular than Magic: the Gathering

By the way, should Nightblade specs be called Partial Paris and Vancouver?
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pfff. Try again.

Stamblade easy mode? How about stamtemplars. They use the same build as stamNB's. Bow backbar with eternal hunt and 2-handed front bar. But except cloak, they just fully heal constantly.

And so every class has some type of advantage. And the stealth or cloak for stamblade, is also used by it's less bursty counterpart magblade.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭

Not seeing it.

Judging by the fact that my #1 most killed class is nightblades (no lie, I have checked my killcount stats), the fact I encounter so many total scrubs trying to bow snipe, that even a modest semi-potato like me considers them pretty much a free kill...

Seriously, they drop in less than 3 hits if you catch them without their rollerskates.

I am a magblade.
    Edited by Vermintide on February 18, 2018 1:55PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vermintide wrote: »

Not seeing it.

Judging by the fact that my #1 most killed class is nightblades (no lie, I have checked my killcount stats), the fact I encounter so many total scrubs trying to bow snipe, that even a modest semi-potato like me considers them pretty much a fee kill...

Seriously, they drop in less than 3 hits if you catch them without their rollerskates.

I am a magblade.

Was that to me or Ragnarock41? I had the goldilocks zone comment, Ragnarock41 was responding with the stamblade easy mode comment.
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vermintide wrote: »

Not seeing it.

Judging by the fact that my #1 most killed class is nightblades (no lie, I have checked my killcount stats), the fact I encounter so many total scrubs trying to bow snipe, that even a modest semi-potato like me considers them pretty much a fee kill...

I am a magblade.

Was that to me or Ragnarock41? I had the goldilocks zone comment, Ragnarock41 was responding with the stamblade easy mode comment.

My bad, must have messed up the quote thing.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that has never happened.

the fact is that nightblade class dies the easiest to all classes and its only defense is casting invisibility.
    the more we spec into damage the less we loose in stealth and sneak and sneak speeds.
    the nightblade class is the only stealth class eso offers. and is the only reason i play elderscrolls games is to play a stealth class.
    nightblade class is by far the very weakest class in both survivability, and damage output.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

that has never happened.

the fact is that nightblade class dies the easiest to all classes and its only defense is casting invisibility.
    the more we spec into damage the less we loose in stealth and sneak and sneak speeds.
    the nightblade class is the only stealth class eso offers. and is the only reason i play elderscrolls games is to play a stealth class.
    nightblade class is by far the very weakest class in both survivability, and damage output.

Literally 2 of the top 3 specs in pvp are NB...
This discussion has been closed.