The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vet DLC Dungeon CP Requirement

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP generally isn't the reason you do or don't clear DLC content. It's mechanics, group experience and coordination, and a reasonable amount of DPS (not even necessarily high, but adequate.)
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is one solution to all these problems. Only show people's maximum gear level (CP 10/20/30/.../150/160). Do no show their CP. This way, everyone will have to give everyone a chance. Skilled low CP players won't have to deal with douchebaggery and instant unjustified kicks, while high CP players will have to try harder, as ppl will be more critical about everyone, looking at the actual playstyle to determine their worth, making it impossible for bad players to hide behind their CP.
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am at cp420 right now, and I'm still immediately kicked from half of the randoms I join. Just be an elitist *** like the majority of high CP players in game right now, and stop asking for new systems of checks and balances.

My favorite is being immediately kicked from tempest, when I'm wearing the monster set from there, in devines, one light, one heavy. That doesn't just happen, you have to do some farming.
  • Tetrafy
    Tetrafy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please ZoS add a CP requirement to the vet DLC dungeons. I'm thinking 300 at least. Every group I've been put into today failed vFH because some poor unsuspecting CP 170 was placed into the dungeon via queueing for random vet. It's too hard for 99% of the lower level players. Before anyone says you can't pug vet DLC dungeons, maybe if there was a CP limit we could pug vet DLC dungeons. Just to clarify I have nothing against lower level players, we were all low level at one point but it's too hard for most of them.

They should just remove dlc dungeons from the random que anyway.

Ugh no
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niobium wrote: »
    And why do ppl think CP determines if someone can do content ...(meaning those above 160 but not 701)

As a generalization only:

Those with higher CP, unless they've allocated them in a really stupid manner, will always passively do more dmg/healing/mitigation than someone with lower CP.

Assuming 2 people (of equal-ish skill) have never done the content before, the higher CP can fudge their way through it more easily due to the allocated CP and the passives the allocated CP unlocks.

And as I said.. it's a generalization only. I've seen some derptastic CP700+ and some amazing CP200.

Quote of the day, you get an awesome! "Derptastic", my new favorite word!
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umm, how about no? I finished my first vet DLC dungeons at the time at VR7(CP70). CP has NOTHING to do with the ability to complete vet DLC dungeons, especially if they have at least 160CP and so can wear better gear. Vet DLC dungeons are mostly about mechanics...with DPS only mattering on a few bosses scattered throughout the DLC dungeons.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SoLooney wrote: »
    As a rule of thumb from many hours of experience, I can say that getting matched with anyone under champion 500 for the Reach dungeons is a complete waste of time. They never know what they're doing, their dps is pitiful, and if they're the tank they will constantly lose aggro and die.

There NEEDS to be a minimum requirement of 500 CP for the Reach dungeons, and I would say 400 for Hist dungeons.

Dunno man. I've done vmol with a tank who was a cp 200something dro'ma-thra destroyer. I've also met cp 200something flawless conquerers. I'm not really sure if I can agree to your logic.

Perhaps removing vet dlc dungeons (on the vet ones) from the random que. Then for queing specific dungeons why not put a 1-3 difficulty rating on it for people to see.

that tank is either godly or a sniper

pugs for dlc dungeons almost always end badly. what are the chances that the other 3 are capable or ones who know the mechanics? slim to none
    not to mention how many people are fake tanks and healers and you have no shot

I pug Tank vet DLC dungeons all the time and am able to finish them roughly 80% of the time(except for the 2 new ones, which people dont know yet)
  • CheepsNSalsa
    CheepsNSalsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    just don't use random finder and actually make friends this is a mmo after all, also aren't the dungeons supposed to be made for people with like 300 cp, it just sounds like a carry me thread or i don't want to work for it i just want it now thread tbh

I was the tank. Max CP and then some. The only time I died was when everyone else was long dead. This isn't a "carry me thread". This is a "I wish people would be realists and stop viewing these threads as an assault on low CP players thread". I thought it would be a nice QoL addition for both high CP players as well as low CP players. I haven't met a low CP player who enjoyed being put into a dungeon where they spent most of the time dead on the ground waiting for revives.
    Edited by CheepsNSalsa on February 20, 2018 12:22AM
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please ZOS do what OP said. as it is now it is completely stupid. a 690cp alt cant queue for most of the normal dungeons until level 45, but a 160cp can queue for vet bloodroot.
    Just limit the DLC vet dunegeons and normal vet dungeon 2 to 300. if they are that determined to get in and do it, they can ask in zone chat.

This just makes it a pain for us all, having to kick them at they start, they get a time ban, or we have to slog through an easy dungeon like spindle 2 for an hour.
    Last week I spent 2 times in one day in vwgt, over an hour each time, with low cp who could not understand the mechanics even after I patiently explained to them (i'm not a quitter, we were all noobs once), it would just be nice to have at least a limit on cp for the DLC dunegons. A cp 160 cannot do that dungeon, they will die too often and put a strain on us all, let alone have enough damage to kill the adds and bosses quick enough.
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would want a CP160 requirement for all vet dungeons (just for gear trading). For DLC vets I'd be more interested in some other kind of achievement associated with performing in your role. Sort of like WoW had for a raid-finder prerequisite...whatever that thing was called.
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    SoLooney wrote: »
    As a rule of thumb from many hours of experience, I can say that getting matched with anyone under champion 500 for the Reach dungeons is a complete waste of time. They never know what they're doing, their dps is pitiful, and if they're the tank they will constantly lose aggro and die.

There NEEDS to be a minimum requirement of 500 CP for the Reach dungeons, and I would say 400 for Hist dungeons.

Dunno man. I've done vmol with a tank who was a cp 200something dro'ma-thra destroyer. I've also met cp 200something flawless conquerers. I'm not really sure if I can agree to your logic.

Perhaps removing vet dlc dungeons (on the vet ones) from the random que. Then for queing specific dungeons why not put a 1-3 difficulty rating on it for people to see.

that tank is either godly or a sniper

pugs for dlc dungeons almost always end badly. what are the chances that the other 3 are capable or ones who know the mechanics? slim to none
    not to mention how many people are fake tanks and healers and you have no shot

I pug Tank vet DLC dungeons all the time and am able to finish them roughly 80% of the time(except for the 2 new ones, which people dont know yet)

Me too, pug tank dungeons. I explain mecs to noobs. It's all practice from my side, and their side. I was a noob once, I leveled as a tank, I got taught mechs by dps or healers, as a tank.
    I had someone write me a long mail today because I stayed with 3 noob friends in vet bloodroot for over an hour. I told them to run past adds and wipe at bosses because their dps wasn't amazing and it was their first time on vet, I could see after wipe after wipe on the hag raven this was gonna take forever, but they got past the stone atro guy after 4 wipes iirc ,then one had to leave irl on the Minotaur so they all left. Not abruptly, said their goodbyes ect. They were making progress after every mistake, which is a good thing to see. I wasn't telling them everything to do, I just corrected their mistakes.
    They had done normal before.

On the other side of that, I got pugged with low CPs and instantly asked if they knew mechanics, one said no, i politely said this will be too hard for you, and at your cp, queue for normal and learn mechanics, then voted to kick.
    no need to be a *** about it.

Bloodroot specifically, I have a 300cp minimum, those stranglers on the first 2 bosses will wipe me as a tank, snare me, I can't stand still while even one of them are alive and a 160 cp will die by the slightest aoe touch, let alone do enough damage to get rid of the stranglers fast.
    Edited by Stinkyremy on February 23, 2018 10:07PM
  • casualgamer666
    casualgamer666
    Soul Shriven
    I'm a new and low cp player I've only got 185cp and I've managed to do just fine with low cp just got my hist-shadow title, now onto no death and hard mode, I think it helps me though that i'm a healer I can imagine it being pretty hard for a dps with low cp as stuff die a lot slower, i did a lot of research coming into this game so i know what sets to wear and I watch youtube vids of dungeons before i go into them.

the worst thing i hate in this game and has nearly made me quit a few time is if i don't link achieves fast enough people just kick me before we even start the dungeon and categorise as someone who hasn't got a clue.

also i see a lot of people say don't use the random dungeon finder but i just want to log and do dungeons with time i have and it's not always possible to get guild groups up and running.