The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Vet DLC Dungeon CP Requirement

CheepsNSalsa
CheepsNSalsa
✭✭✭✭
Please ZoS add a CP requirement to the vet DLC dungeons. I'm thinking 300 at least. Every group I've been put into today failed vFH because some poor unsuspecting CP 170 was placed into the dungeon via queueing for random vet. It's too hard for 99% of the lower level players. Before anyone says you can't pug vet DLC dungeons, maybe if there was a CP limit we could pug vet DLC dungeons. Just to clarify I have nothing against lower level players, we were all low level at one point but it's too hard for most of them.
Edited by CheepsNSalsa on February 17, 2018 4:12AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current CP requirement is CP 160. So what you want is for ZOS to raise the CP cap to 300.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There already is one.
    Mind you the game has changed a lot but people were doing them when the cap was a lot lower...right after VR was removed and I think I was only in the 180-250 ranges .....is it that much harder now?

And why do ppl think CP determines if someone can do content ...(meaning those above 160 but not 701)
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on February 17, 2018 4:16AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There already is one.
    Mind you the game has changed a lot but people were doing them when the cap was a lot lower...right after VR was removed and I think I was only in the 180-250 ranges .....is it that much harder now?

For WGT and ICP, no, those have actually gotten easier. However, all of the newer dungeons have upped the requirements for mechanics, DPS focusing on priority targets, and tanks managing certain enemies along with the boss. So in that sense, the demands vet DLC dungeons place on the individual roles and group cooperation have gotten harder.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There already is one.

For WGT and ICP, no, those have actually gotten easier. However, all of the newer dungeons have upped the requirements for mechanics, DPS focusing on priority targets, and tanks managing certain enemies along with the boss. So in that sense, the demands vet DLC dungeons place on the individual roles and group cooperation have gotten harder.

Are you sure?

I’m sure that most haven’t upped the requirements, I just haven’t played the recent DLC on Xbox one but all except Mazzatun don’t require much more than knowledge.

Didn’t see the patch notes mention a raised requirement. Going to reread it
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on February 17, 2018 4:20AM
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There already is one.

Are you sure?

I’m sure that most haven’t upped the requirements, I just haven’t played the recent DLC on Xbox one but all except Mazzatun don’t require much more than knowledge.

Clockwork City changed the requirements.

Normal dungeons unlock progressively, with II and DLC dungeons unlockong at level 45.

Veteran Dungeons unlock at level 50, with DLC, Fungal Grotto II and Crypt of Hearts II u,locking at CP 160.
    Options
  • Niobium
    Niobium
    ✭✭✭✭
    And why do ppl think CP determines if someone can do content ...(meaning those above 160 but not 701)

As a generalization only:

Those with higher CP, unless they've allocated them in a really stupid manner, will always passively do more dmg/healing/mitigation than someone with lower CP.

Assuming 2 people (of equal-ish skill) have never done the content before, the higher CP can fudge their way through it more easily due to the allocated CP and the passives the allocated CP unlocks.

And as I said.. it's a generalization only. I've seen some derptastic CP700+ and some amazing CP200.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There already is one.

Are you sure?

Normal dungeons unlock progressively, with II and DLC dungeons unlockong at level 45.

Veteran Dungeons unlock at level 50, with DLC, Fungal Grotto II and Crypt of Hearts II u,locking at CP 160.

Ok so it’s still CP 160 then....
    I get ppl want X level of CP but I thought you were saying the actual requirement changed with this update. Thanks for responding.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There already is one.

Are you sure?

Ok so it’s still CP 160 then....
    I get ppl want X level of CP but I thought you were saying the actual requirement changed with this update. Thanks for responding.

Yeah, the required CP hasn't changed, but I think its more that the demands on the individual roles have gotten harder. Even when I tank normals, the demands on a tank are much more noticeably on the new DLC dungeons compared to the older WGT and ICP.
    Options
  • SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭
    An easier fix is to by default have dlc dungeous disabled as part of the random activity list.
    So the UI could be:

Random Vet
    Randon Vet + DLC's (with a bit of a description/warning mentioning that these dungeons are significantly more difficult)
    Specific Vet

What this would mean is everyone who ends up in a vet dlc dungeon would have had to specificly elect to have dlc's included in the random dungeon list. So there would be nobody imnediately leaving upon spawning in, and all the low levels would have been warned, so that if on first pull they spam snipe, you dont need to explain why you kicked them.
    Options
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An easier fix is to by default have dlc dungeous disabled as part of the random activity list.
    So the UI could be:

Random Vet
    Randon Vet + DLC's (with a bit of a description/warning mentioning that these dungeons are significantly more difficult)
    Specific Vet

What this would mean is everyone who ends up in a vet dlc dungeon would have had to specificly elect to have dlc's included in the random dungeon list. So there would be nobody imnediately leaving upon spawning in, and all the low levels would have been warned, so that if on first pull they spam snipe, you dont need to explain why you kicked them.

AFAIK you can decline invite to dungeon, you don't need to spawn in to leave iimediately.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
    Options
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭
    Niobium wrote: »

As a generalization only:

Those with higher CP, unless they've allocated them in a really stupid manner, will always passively do more dmg/healing/mitigation than someone with lower CP.

Assuming 2 people (of equal-ish skill) have never done the content before, the higher CP can fudge their way through it more easily due to the allocated CP and the passives the allocated CP unlocks.

And as I said.. it's a generalization only. I've seen some derptastic CP700+ and some amazing CP200.

I have just started doing Vet non-DLC content at CP 720. Other players would say rotations, skills etc matter. But CP, imo is the greatest game changer. I couldn’t even play dungeon normal mode effectively or solo WBs at CP 300. At CP 500, everything changed at least from my perspective. Due to better mitigation, damage. A high CP player is able to survive simple mistakes.

Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »
    So the UI could be:

Random Vet
    Specific Vet

AFAIK you can decline invite to dungeon, you don't need to spawn in to leave iimediately.

If you leave that you can decline queuing as your role, you don't know which dungeon you have at that point. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I've never know which random dungeon I was heading into until the group forms and I get ported to the dungeon. So by the time I could think "Oh, I don't want that dungeon" I'm already on my way.
    Options
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »
    So the UI could be:

Random Vet
    Specific Vet

If you leave that you can decline queuing as your role, you don't know which dungeon you have at that point. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I've never know which random dungeon I was heading into until the group forms and I get ported to the dungeon. So by the time I could think "Oh, I don't want that dungeon" I'm already on my way.

Yeah I don't que randoms, only specific, so I thought you can see which dungeon you entering with random option too.

Nvm, it's still pretty low to leave right away since they voluntarily pushed that button and knew dlc dungeons are included.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
    Options
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a rule of thumb from many hours of experience, I can say that getting matched with anyone under champion 500 for the Reach dungeons is a complete waste of time. They never know what they're doing, their dps is pitiful, and if they're the tank they will constantly lose aggro and die.

There NEEDS to be a minimum requirement of 500 CP for the Reach dungeons, and I would say 400 for Hist dungeons.
    Options
  • Brangwen
    Brangwen
    ✭✭
    CP does not make a person good at their role.
    Options
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe that @ZOS_Finn has mentioned they try to attune the vet DLC dungeons to CP300 though they can of course be completed lower than that.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
    Options
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please ZoS add a CP requirement to the vet DLC dungeons. I'm thinking 300 at least. Every group I've been put into today failed vFH because some poor unsuspecting CP 170 was placed into the dungeon via queueing for random vet. It's too hard for 99% of the lower level players. Before anyone says you can't pug vet DLC dungeons, maybe if there was a CP limit we could pug vet DLC dungeons. Just to clarify I have nothing against lower level players, we were all low level at one point but it's too hard for most of them.

They should just remove dlc dungeons from the random que anyway.
    Options
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a rule of thumb from many hours of experience, I can say that getting matched with anyone under champion 500 for the Reach dungeons is a complete waste of time. They never know what they're doing, their dps is pitiful, and if they're the tank they will constantly lose aggro and die.

There NEEDS to be a minimum requirement of 500 CP for the Reach dungeons, and I would say 400 for Hist dungeons.

Dunno man. I've done vmol with a tank who was a cp 200something dro'ma-thra destroyer. I've also met cp 200something flawless conquerers. I'm not really sure if I can agree to your logic.

Perhaps removing vet dlc dungeons (on the vet ones) from the random que. Then for queing specific dungeons why not put a 1-3 difficulty rating on it for people to see.
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PUG vet DLC dungeons ? At your own risk...

Hint : plenty of guilds recruiting around there.

(Sometimes I feel "socially lazy" myself and don't want to actually interact with guildies, so I understand that people sometimes prefer to go the lonely route - but those evenings, I just don't do vet DLC dungeons.)

The real problem is with random vet dungeons, since you can end up in a difficult one. Just say sorry and drop out.
    Options
  • Bbsample197
    Bbsample197
    ✭✭✭✭
    people should be spamming zone chat with "LFM DPS vet DLC dgn, must have flawless conqueror" not the 720+ cp bullcrap!
    Options
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minimum 500 for DD, 300 for tanks and healers, would be great.

Yes that would screw the .01% of the community that’s good enough even though they’re below the new minimums. But the vast majority of the community would be greatfull.

For the record. A lot of that majority are people that queued for a random and got stuck in a vet dlc knowing full well they have no business being there. But they face 15 minutes in the punish corner if they leave.
    Edited by Eyesinthedrk on February 18, 2018 2:49PM
    Options
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dunno man. I've done vmol with a tank who was a cp 200something dro'ma-thra destroyer. I've also met cp 200something flawless conquerers. I'm not really sure if I can agree to your logic.

Perhaps removing vet dlc dungeons (on the vet ones) from the random que. Then for queing specific dungeons why not put a 1-3 difficulty rating on it for people to see.

So because you met literally one guy who can do the hardest content with 200 CP means the fact 99% of the rest of people that level have no hope of completing hist or reach dungeons is now irrelevant?

We're talking about QoL upgrades to Activity Finder here, this is not about the 0.0001% who can clear hard content at champion 200.
    Options
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So because you met literally one guy who can do the hardest content with 200 CP means the fact 99% of the rest of people that level have no hope of completing hist or reach dungeons is now irrelevant?

We're talking about QoL upgrades to Activity Finder here, this is not about the 0.0001% who can clear hard content at champion 200.

So because you've had bad groups that couldn't complete, you want 'QoL' uogrades that are catered to YOUR quality? Goes both ways.

If you want specific requirements, better to form a group yourself, either from guilds or zone chat with your specifications stated, rather than get ZoS to do it for you.

I'm against setting arbitrary restrictions based on a CP number. Instead, doing something like suggested above where you can select random vet dungeons or random vet dungeons + DLC ones, would be far better.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
    Options
  • Robvenom
    Robvenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday we 3 man completed a Vet dungeon with myself as a tank (455), my mrs as a sorc dps (461) and a dps that was cp 59 and we completed it fine.

CP 500 minimum for dungeons lolololol.

I bet i would out tank a ton of 'tanks' that are cp 690+. And my friend that was CP 59 while not doing crazy DPS was still not a burden.

CP does not = skill.

Edited by Robvenom on February 19, 2018 3:59AM
    Puppet the Peanut - Templar Tank/Healer
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The in game req is 45 for most dungeons.

This is a bit of a misnomer as if you go into most of these with that level you will not complete it, or complete it by a slim margin.

I would reccomend you simply not until you have a decent build and gear, and have at least 300 CP.

Of course it's near impossible to give you a build guide given the obtuse way in which this games combat system even functions.
    Options
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree they should require 300 cp for DLC dungeons.
    Options
  • playsforfun
    playsforfun
    ✭✭✭✭
    just don't use random finder and actually make friends this is a mmo after all, also aren't the dungeons supposed to be made for people with like 300 cp, it just sounds like a carry me thread or i don't want to work for it i just want it now thread tbh
    Edited by playsforfun on February 19, 2018 9:28AM
    Options
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just don't use random finder and actually make friends this is a mmo after all, also aren't the dungeons supposed to be made for people with like 300 cp, it just sounds like a carry me thread or i don't want to work for it i just want it now thread tbh

If they are made for people wit 300+ cp.The random finder should not put those under 300 in those dungeons.
    Options
  • playsforfun
    playsforfun
    ✭✭✭✭

If they are made for people wit 300+ cp.The random finder should not put those under 300 in those dungeons.

well they're definitely not made for 720 cp are they? most people can close their eyes and finish stuff I i suck at the game and i can still do it, it's just the people are unwilling to play with a guild or friends and want to do it with any random joe blogs who has no friends in the game yet who will not have tactics given them due to poor communication skills of these people then they'd be kicked or the guy that wants to be carried through the whole thing leaves straight away

don't use the random finder again it's a mmo, play with friends be soical get a guild it's not a single player game it's a mmo, this is what it all boils down to.
    Edited by playsforfun on February 19, 2018 11:04AM
    Options
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that tank is either godly or a sniper

pugs for dlc dungeons almost always end badly. what are the chances that the other 3 are capable or ones who know the mechanics? slim to none
    not to mention how many people are fake tanks and healers and you have no shot
    Options