The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wish I knew that zones were meant to be done in order lol.

The_Dark_Wayfarer
I really wish that I knew that each zone in each alliance were originally meant to be done in a specific order. You can imagine my confusion when I saw the Silvenar and the Green Lady get married in Malabar Tor only to work with the Silvenar again in Greenshade. Why is this weird? The Silvenar, (Indaenir), isn't even the Silvenar at that point so it's pretty weird to see him like that. I also killed Vicereeve Pelidil in Greenshade only to see this dude chilling with Ayrenn in Elden Root back in Grahtwood which comes before Greenshade. The funniest was when I completed the Alik'r Deserk before Stormhaven, so when I met General Thoda again, (a prominent NPC from the Alik'r questline), he did not even notice me. Did any of you mistakenly play any zone out of order? What wacky issues did that result in?
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    once upon a time, when i started to game, everything was in order. so no, i didnt have that problems. sry for you.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nah did everything in order every time. Except 1 quest in Auridon that I completely missed. I don't remember what it was about, but I remember having a laugh about it.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why did you skip entire zones?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

My first time playing I accidently went from Stonefalls to the Rift. It's not hard to do by accident if you are new to the game .
  • The_Dark_Wayfarer
    DoctorESO wrote: »

I did Malabal Tor first because I just randomly ended up there. I was supposed to be in the Covenant first. Greatest noob mistake.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quests are pretty good at keeping you in the zone and directing you to the next zone when you're done.
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    How exactly does one do the game in order? I have 6 toon and didin't know there was such a thing there must be a guide right?
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    Quests are pretty good at keeping you in the zone and directing you to the next zone when you're done.

actually in the past main quests just were obtainable in different zones, when u did the ones in the zones before. so ...yeh, zenimax screwed this a bit up. it worked fine before.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are on PC there is an addon that has the zones in order: Votan's Improved Locations ( http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1096-VotansImprovedLocations.html ),
    from the days before One Tam.
    Also if you start in the starter zone and follow the Alliance quest it should take you to each zone in order.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be quite easy to do zones in the wrong order if you don't keep track of which are the zones main quests and make sure to follow them.

On my main characters (yes, plural) I'm always careful to do them in order. On my alts I don't worry too much about it, but it is extremely weird sometimes, especially when an NPC dies in one quest and then you see them alive and well later on.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked up the zone order for each faction and followed that on one toon of each faction.
    Once you near completion of a zone an NPC usually shows up and gives you a breadcrumb quest for the next zone.

For other alts though I'm all over the place picking and choosing my favorite zones that I've quested so far.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome to the wonderful world of One Tamriel - the change that caused your dilemma. For me it was the worst change ever made to ESO.

Before that change you only lost your way in the quest line if you chose to do so and you were not allowed in other factions zones until you had completed your own. The worst you could do was move into a zone well above your level and boy did you know it if you did.

Each zones questing directed you to the next zone in order, giving you content and opponents applicable to your level - if you skipped ahead 2 zones the mobs would be way stringer than you were ready for.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did my EP quests in order and then moved on to AD and DC once I got the chance. It was quite satisfying to just get and hand in both Cadwell quests at 'the end' at once :) I had to look up how to start each faction's quest line, but then you just follow the bread crumbs (or the most obvious of all quest hints) to get the quests in order.

This was in late 2017, so it shouldn't be hard for anyone now.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One problem now is that there are a number of side-quests that take you to multiple zones, and even across alliances. E.g. The Missing Prophecy will take you to multiple alliances.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One Tamriel problems. They're like first world problems but more annoying and less significant.

My suggestion is to utilize the wikis to peak at questlines. For the most part though ZOS has handled how you can do any quest in any zone quite well, in my opinion. The story may be out of order a bit but you shouldn't really miss out on anything - and if you can imagine yourself watching a movie out of order (the movie still IS in order, you just aren't watching it that way) it CAN work if you look at it in a roleplaying sense.

I mean, my characters have different looks depending on what stage of their life they're in, and I switch the looks depending on my mood, so I'm (RP-wise) just playing their lives out of order.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »
    One Tamriel problems. They're like first world problems but more annoying and less significant.

My suggestion is to utilize the wikis to peak at questlines. For the most part though ZOS has handled how you can do any quest in any zone quite well, in my opinion. The story may be out of order a bit but you shouldn't really miss out on anything - and if you can imagine yourself watching a movie out of order (the movie still IS in order, you just aren't watching it that way) it CAN work if you look at it in a roleplaying sense.

I mean, my characters have different looks depending on what stage of their life they're in, and I switch the looks depending on my mood, so I'm (RP-wise) just playing their lives out of order.

UESP has a quest flow chart that can be of great use.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523