The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

3.4k weapon damage is too low?

Llilium
Llilium
✭✭✭
i have an offensive stam build for my NB which i was able to achieve around 3.4K weapon damage using 5 hundings rage and 5 dreughking slayer, meaning weap damage buff is always up in order to achieve that 3.4k jewelery is enchanted with weapon damage enchants as well, all three.

i also use two leki's swords for the 2 piece weapon damage bonus and i can't seem to find a way to increase that weapon damage more, yet when i ask someone why i'm unable to do really much damage to them at all and explain how much weapon damage i have, i get scoffed at and told that 3.4k isn't even that much.

now this is a concern to me, because with this setup, i'm sacrificing a lot of resistance and a ton of sustain in order to just achieve this weapon damage.

what are people doing to achieve this without seemingly sacrificng survivability and evidently resource management?
  • Tigeracer
    Tigeracer
    ✭✭✭✭
    3.4k weapon damage is decent, people are just jerks. I’m assuming your 5 pieces dks are on your body? If so, you are losing out on some weapon damage from the medium armour passive.
    Do you have gold weapons? It’s ridiculous how much more damage you gain from having gold weapons.

Edit: autocorrect didn’t fix my lazy typing
    Edited by Tigeracer on February 15, 2018 6:35PM
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I often see people boasting about ultra high weapon damage. I find myself wondering how their build functions with all the stuff they had to sacrifice to achieve their weapon damage.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Tigeracer
    Tigeracer
    ✭✭✭✭
    That’s because “fully buffed” usually means people have used the master bow proc to get an extra 300 weapon damage, continuous attacks and weapon damage glyph.
    To give an idea of your buffed stats, without all of those things, my weapon damage is 3.7k and I don’t struggle to kill anyone (unless they burst me down first). I wear 7 medium, hundings and bone pirate.
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 dreughking slayer

Ew, Gross, ew. Don't use that set. It has no place, especially on a nightblade.

Major Brutality can be gained from Rally, Potions, Power Extraction, or Flying Dagger. Keeping it up is trivial. You have a wasted 5pc set that is either killing your stamina (2,400 stam lost in exchange for health) or putting you in 5 heavy on a NB (You are playing the one class that absolutely does not in any way, shape, or form need heavy armor.)

Honestly, I would recommend you give Bone Pirate and Selene's a go instead of Garbage-King Slayer. You will notice an improvement.
    Edited by Jamini on February 15, 2018 6:52PM
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eh, you can get 3,5-3,6k unbuffed with 5x Hunding's 5x Spriggan & 1x (or 2x if DW) Veli, and that's not even a max weapon dmg setup (Sheer Venom instead of Spriggan for example would net you more weapon dmg).

With Major Brutality that's 4,2k+ & with weapon damage enchant 4,8k weapon damage.
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fully buffed I've reached 4.6k+ weapon dmg iirc but I play non-cp so procs have still their place there and then some utility/recovery set. If you're wondering how to achieve that raw wpn dmg go for veli+kena+senche (backbar)+hundings nirn frontbar. That build is not mine though, I saw it somewhere here on the forums.
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigeracer wrote: »
    3.4k weapon damage is decent, people are just jerks.
    agree.gif

My Stamblade is around the 3.7k mark (self buffed) and she has no trouble with any end-game content, including trials ...
    ninja.gif
  • Llilium
    Llilium
    ✭✭✭
    3.4k weapon damage is decent, people are just jerks. I’m assuming your 5 pieces dks are on your body? If so, you are losing out on some weapon damage from the medium armour passive.
    Do you have gold weapons? It’s ridiculous how much more damage you gain from having gold weapons.

i heard that gold make a big increase but looking at the tool tip didn't seem significant. i'll likely try it out once i figure out what set i'm going to use for certain
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Llilium wrote: »

i heard that gold make a big increase but looking at the tool tip didn't seem significant. i'll likely try it out once i figure out what set i'm going to use for certain

It makes a 200 wpn DMG before buffs difference, so like with medium and one buff almost 300
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If running DW, you definitely need to gold main hand weapon. Second DW going to gold only adds about 70-80 weapon damage but the first gold is a about 230 I think.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. Hutch679
      Hutch679
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      That’s because “fully buffed” usually means people have used the master bow proc to get an extra 300 weapon damage, continuous attacks and weapon damage glyph.
      To give an idea of your buffed stats, without all of those things, my weapon damage is 3.7k and I don’t struggle to kill anyone (unless they burst me down first). I wear 7 medium, hundings and bone pirate.

Master bow proc doesn't show anything, it just increases damage by that amount of weapon power against the target poison injection is applied to. Doesn't actually show the buff you get on your character sheet or in your tooltip. So if you have 3500 weapon damage, and you get a master bow proc oon someone, you weapon damage still says 3500, and your skill tooltip are unchanged
    2. Brutusmax1mus
      Brutusmax1mus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I mean, it's not high. I'm running 4k self buffed on my nb atm.
    3. Subversus
      Subversus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      SirAndy wrote: »
      agree.gif

My Stamblade is around the 3.7k mark (self buffed) and she has no trouble with any end-game content, including trials ...
      ninja.gif

You're in the pvp section of the forums, trials are irrelevant here.
    4. SirAndy
      SirAndy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Subversus wrote: »
      SirAndy wrote: »
      agree.gif
      ninja.gif
      You're in the pvp section of the forums, trials are irrelevant here.

Naaaa, the more data, the better. I like to know stuff ...
      shades.gif
    5. Yubarius
      Yubarius
      ✭✭✭✭
      I can get 5k with alche, automaton, 1 veli and 1 bloodspawn
      • Yubarius - Magicka NB - Flawless Conqueror
      • YubariusX - Magicka Warden - Flawless Conqueror
      • Lord Yubarius - Stamina Sorc - Stormproof - Centurion
      • 'Rubick the Grand Magus - Magicka Sorc
      • Fair Child Tank - Stamina DK
      • Jaruko - Magicka Templar
      • Selthyn Bavailo - Mag DK
      • Bandit-The-Great - Stam Temp

6. BroanBeast1215
      BroanBeast1215
      ✭✭✭
      tbh it is a bit on the low end. for perspective; I run around with ~4.3k weapon damage with the potential to push that to ~5k when all my buffs are going;procs proc'd etc.
    7. rimmidimdim
      rimmidimdim
      ✭✭✭
      If you have just 3k weapon dam and say 36 Stam, your dam out put will be just fine and more survivability, I don't think max dam is important unless a glass cannon build.
    8. Sixty5
      Sixty5
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      The Stam Sorc I am running in Battlegrounds caps out at 3.9k with Berserker enchant up.

Feels like more than enough.
      Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
      Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
    9. Brutusmax1mus
      Brutusmax1mus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The real question is are you layering burst dmg or just using a spammable over and over to pressure.
    10. lazerlaz
      lazerlaz
      ✭✭✭
      Worry about your tool tips damage fully buffed more than anything. 3.4k is decent but paired with high Max stam and other buffs like minor berserk (relentless focus) you might have high tooltips.

Character sheets don't tell the whole story. Don't get hooked up on them.
    11. Ragnarock41
      Ragnarock41
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Yes, it is on the lower end, and I'm gonna be honest, I don't care about your pug emotions, your build is bad.

dreug king is an useless set because major brutality is easiest buff in the game to keep up.
      Get that thing out, deconstruct it and get some real pvp gear.
      Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 16, 2018 3:50AM
    12. Yakidafi
      Yakidafi
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @Llilium
      your wpn dmg is fine where it is,but considering the set choice of dreugh I am assuming you are new to or inexperienced with the game. So that probably mean that you are not bursting down your targets effectively. more info on how you want to play is needed to help better, like do you use 5 medium or more on body or is it heavy?, what weapons do you use. What is your regen? What skills are you using?
      Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
      PC EU/NA
    13. GreenhaloX
      GreenhaloX
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      i have an offensive stam build for my NB which i was able to achieve around 3.4K weapon damage using 5 hundings rage and 5 dreughking slayer, meaning weap damage buff is always up in order to achieve that 3.4k jewelery is enchanted with weapon damage enchants as well, all three.

i also use two leki's swords for the 2 piece weapon damage bonus and i can't seem to find a way to increase that weapon damage more, yet when i ask someone why i'm unable to do really much damage to them at all and explain how much weapon damage i have, i get scoffed at and told that 3.4k isn't even that much.

now this is a concern to me, because with this setup, i'm sacrificing a lot of resistance and a ton of sustain in order to just achieve this weapon damage.

what are people doing to achieve this without seemingly sacrificng survivability and evidently resource management?

3.4k isn't too bad. In PvE, that is still good for damage dealing, unless you're those elitist type trial groups that expect everybody to have over 5k or 40k dps or more. It's still doable for PvP, but if going up against those heavy 2h/S&B DK or StamPlar type, you probably would need lots more regen to compensate. When they're popping Forward Momentum and Vigor and continuously regen their health, you would need to attack and strike a bit more.

You can up the damage with a DKS set, however. I ran one for a while with my StamDK and had the damage up to 3.9k. The drawback is, you can't buff up any higher, cause you're already hitting Major Brutality with the DKS, but at 3.9k, the Wrecking Blow was quite sufficient. I had since switched out the DKS for like Ravaging or Black Rose with Sword Singer. You can add the Fighter skill abilities like Beast Trap and Evil Hunter to add on additional 3% each, but slotting those loses out on some good DK class abilities.

So, without the additional Fighter Skills, I'm sitting around 3k unbuffed; however, when buffed with Forward Momentum or Rally, I'm up to about 3.5ish; then when Ravaging hits, and I tap Rally, I can see it being upward to about 4.4k. Before Wrath was removed, I saw it up to about 5.3-5.5k (dam them for removing Wrath. Ha ha.) I'm fine with the current 3.0 and buff to 4.3-4.4k; plus whatever the Sword Singer buff adds on. I also have weapon damage increase enchant on my greatsword, and the passive gives greatsword an additional 5% as well as Empowered from the Wrecking Blow. So, all stacking up with the right timing, I'm pretty sure my weapon dam is hitting over 5k (unseen.)
    14. Llilium
      Llilium
      ✭✭✭
      DDuke wrote: »
      Eh, you can get 3,5-3,6k unbuffed with 5x Hunding's 5x Spriggan & 1x (or 2x if DW) Veli, and that's not even a max weapon dmg setup (Sheer Venom instead of Spriggan for example would net you more weapon dmg).

With Major Brutality that's 4,2k+ & with weapon damage enchant 4,8k weapon damage.

so i actually set myself up with this set last night and made myself a couple of legendary hundings rage daggers (three actually) and unbuffed i was only able to reach 3.1k. after major mrutality, 3.7k

where did you get those numbers from? do all set piecees need to be legendary?

15. DDuke
      DDuke
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      DDuke wrote: »

so i actually set myself up with this set last night and made myself a couple of legendary hundings rage daggers (three actually) and unbuffed i was only able to reach 3.1k. after major mrutality, 3.7k

where did you get those numbers from? do all set piecees need to be legendary?

Yep, everything legendary & nirnhoned main hand weapon.
    16. Destruent
      Destruent
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      GreenhaloX wrote: »
      3.4k isn't too bad. In PvE, that is still good for damage dealing, unless you're those elitist type trial groups that expect everybody to have over 5k or 40k dps or more. It's still doable for PvP, but if going up against those heavy 2h/S&B DK or StamPlar type, you probably would need lots more regen to compensate. When they're popping Forward Momentum and Vigor and continuously regen their health, you would need to attack and strike a bit more.

Although trials are irrelevant here....i just don't know what to say.
      When using NMG/War machine and veli on a stamplar i usually had ~6k max-wepdmg fully buffed in a raid. 5k...5.3k when doing solo-parses on the dummy.
      So 5k wep-dmg in a pve-raid is NOT elitist at all...just shows, that your setup is most likely not that bad...
      Edited by Destruent on February 16, 2018 5:45PM
      Noobplar
    17. BroanBeast1215
      BroanBeast1215
      ✭✭✭

You can up the damage with a DKS set, however. I ran one for a while with my StamDK and had the damage up to 3.9k. The drawback is, you can't buff up any higher, cause you're already hitting Major Brutality with the DKS, but at 3.9k, the Wrecking Blow was quite sufficient. I had since switched out the DKS for like Ravaging or Black Rose with Sword Singer. You can add the Fighter skill abilities like Beast Trap and Evil Hunter to add on additional 3% each, but slotting those loses out on some good DK class abilities.

So, without the additional Fighter Skills, I'm sitting around 3k unbuffed; however, when buffed with Forward Momentum or Rally, I'm up to about 3.5ish; then when Ravaging hits, and I tap Rally, I can see it being upward to about 4.4k. Before Wrath was removed, I saw it up to about 5.3-5.5k (dam them for removing Wrath. Ha ha.) I'm fine with the current 3.0 and buff to 4.3-4.4k; plus whatever the Sword Singer buff adds on. I also have weapon damage increase enchant on my greatsword, and the passive gives greatsword an additional 5% as well as Empowered from the Wrecking Blow. So, all stacking up with the right timing, I'm pretty sure my weapon dam is hitting over 5k (unseen.)

.....you do realize this is the pvp subsection...correct?
    18. Ragnarock41
      Ragnarock41
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭

.....you do realize this is the pvp subsection...correct?

and even if its for pve, I don't get why its okay to tell someone 3.4 wd is okay and if you got 5k wd with 40k stamina you are a tryharder. Why gimp yourself with *** gear on purpose? Having high weapon damage and crit values are critical for pve.
      Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 16, 2018 10:43PM
    19. SosRuvaak
      SosRuvaak
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      i use 2.4 weapon damage unbuffed and it does the job
      For the Pact!
      ~Sump Scales~
      Lusty Argonian Nightblade
      ~Baron Humbert von Gikkingen~
      Smokes-His-Greens
      ~Ruvaak~
    20. Slick_007
      Slick_007
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      i dont do trials and mines 1899 unbuffed. but iv got 88.8% crit and 85% multiplier. and heal on crit and kills. fine for a solo build