The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

3.4k weapon damage is too low?

• Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapon damage is only one variable in a complex damage calculation. There's also max resource, penetration, CP, crit chance, crit damage modifier, skill rotation, passives, enchants, recovery, procs, and other considerations. Don't get tunnel vision and focus on a single variable or you will reduce your actual damage output.

DKS is not an effective set because there are other ways to get the Major Brutality buff without wasting a 5 pc bonus. Use potions (the Alliance War Stamina pots are a cheap option) or a skill instead.
  • Llilium
    Llilium
    ✭✭✭
    the point behind the DKS set was to have the brutality buff and have an extra defensive ability slot. i hate 2h weapons so i don't get to use rally.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried Heavy Armor on StamBlade in Cyrodil. Hated it so bad. Felt like I was constantly out of resources. 3.4 weapon damage isn’t terrible though.

I’m about convinced bone pirate is near mandatory on a StamBlade though. Once you try it, you’ll see.