The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Fishing: Unlock Vessels by completing vanilla Angler Achievements

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A week ago I made a rather comprehensive list of suggestions for changes to the fishing system.

I commented on the fishing vessel achievement furniture as well, and how disappointing and shabby it looks (even as a master angler myself, I haven't even bought or used it ever).

I suggested adding some more fishing boats to the achievements instead, and this post here is a great suggestion to exactly what I was talking about as well.

Let's hope we get some better boat rewards eventually, and I wouldn't mind seeing some more comprehensive changes to the fishing system as well.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Banana_Hammorc_meme.jpg
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @Stania
    Only alliance achievements should have associated rewards, adding 3 more boats to the achievement furnisher.

All the rest can then be added to the Crown Store.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    I want a bigger sail boat that is my dream

Hit agree if you want this to happen let's show ZOS the boat love here
    I want a bigger sail boat that is my dream

Hit agree if you want this to happen let's show ZOS the boat love here

Hit agree im really desperate and need some too
    Argonian masterrace
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about Fishing Skill Line, like the Legerdemain one, which won't give you any combat benefits?

Experience in this skill line will improve with each zone cleared (all fish collected). Passives could allow you to have better chance to catch rare fish, or drop perfect roe. Ability to craft our own fishing rods at woodworking station, improving them and put on them many different enchants for different types of water. After that we can think about better rewards.
  • Hrogun
    Hrogun
    ✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    we should get the ability to buy a ship house with gold, but people who want to take a short cut can do it with crowns

This. I'ld love to see ship houses included in the game, and if they came with fishing prerequisites it would be even better.
    PC EU
    Healer
  • Gorrvald
    Gorrvald
    ✭✭
    Overall fishing should be a bit more interesting and rewarding than it currently is.
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great stuff! This would def make me more interested in fishing. :)
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really really like this idea. Thank you for posting it! Fishing vessels isn't something I would previously have given much thought, but there are a number of nice waterfront properties available for sale in the game, so this would be pretty awesome to be able to buy through the achievement furnishers after unlocking the appropriate achievement.

It'll incentivize me to finish the fishing achievements, too... I think I've got around 1.5 factions left?
          In verity.
  • trowlk
    trowlk
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Carbonised I took at your thread and like it a lot. You could use images and some other tools to catch the attention of the forum users!
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No... Until they fix the god awful RNG no
    Edited by NyassaV on February 16, 2018 6:12PM
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More stuff isn't always a better option and I doubt this would get more people fishing. It might get people fishing a single zone and then once they got the boat they wanted, be done with fishing.

Also, when I was earning Master Angler, I was able to complete Glenumbra within 3 hours while other zones like Eastmarch, Rivenspire, Coldharbour and Cyrodill took weeks to complete.

I'd be Ok with adding furnishings for AD, DC and EP fishing achievements, but not for every zone.

PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jssriot wrote: »
    More stuff isn't always a better option and I doubt this would get more people fishing. It might get people fishing a single zone and then once they got the boat they wanted, be done with fishing.

Also, when I was earning Master Angler, I was able to complete Glenumbra within 3 hours while other zones like Eastmarch, Rivenspire, Coldharbour and Cyrodill took weeks to complete.

I'd be Ok with adding furnishings for AD, DC and EP fishing achievements, but not for every zone.

This
    Beta tester November 2013
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe not all of these boats, but definitely some of them! One for completing each alliance area, perhaps. With a special boat for doing all areas currently in the game.
  • Agrivar
    Agrivar
    ✭✭✭
    I love this idea! Between Grand Topal, Hunding's Palatial Hall and Daggerfall Overlook I am in *desperate* need of some boat variety!!
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please, this is an amazing idea <3
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want an Imperial slaver ship and an Imperial smuggling barge.

Of course all you other races would have to pay a sailing tax to me.

Imperial High Seas Tax Collector.
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
  • trowlk
    trowlk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plenty of people in my guild, including me wish to have dock related house, and all these boats could be a great addition into it!

Regarding to those people who want less boats as achievement furniture. I consider that unlocking one type of boat per achievement will encourge the players to keep fishing until you complete the collection.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep this thread on the front page until ZOS comments saying they have taken your suggestion into account
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't put 16 boats at Hundings Palatial... the beach would be too crowded. Rather than a boat for each complete zone I think we should get a fishing-related furnishing item - eg a rod rack, nets, bait box, lobster pot etc. Including for DLC zones. The only reason I have gone on and done all of those (except CWC) is for completionism.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    It'd be nice to have alliance styled boat choices after the entire achievement is completed. That said, few properties have a suitable body of water for a boat.

A fisherman costume would be cool.

I dry docked my boat. dFdTbkf.jpg
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • smacky
    smacky
    ✭✭✭
    I could perhaps agree with your idea on the level of 1 per pact, so complete all DC Fishing, get a DC boat, etc.

No pun intended, but I think you have gone a bit overboard. :)
  • trowlk
    trowlk
    ✭✭✭✭
    you don't need to place them on water, you can hang them on walls or even use them as platforms for different racial showcases!

Let me show some photos of these ideas.

Yes, I do love boats.

D2N0Be0.jpg

yffnILl.jpg

One of my favorite songs, a spanish song related to the joy of sailing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqWfZspNY3c
    Edited by trowlk on March 7, 2018 3:10AM
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OMG! I would have more boats than I would know what to do with! Lmao!!
    Yes, I am a "Master Angler". Have been for years.
    Want the achievement? Earn it.
    Want the boat? Earn it.
    NO to crown storing it.
    BUT! EVEN IF WE HAD ALL THOSE BOATS.....
    There is not enough housing slots to do anything with them!!!
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS

Huzzzah!!!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • trowlk
    trowlk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now that ZOS decided to add Pyandonean motifs as fishing loot, I wanted to bring back this thread, hopefully these achievement reward boats will encourage more players to go fishing!
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trowlk wrote: »
    Now that ZOS decided to add Pyandonean motifs as fishing loot, I wanted to bring back this thread, hopefully these achievement reward boats will encourage more players to go fishing!

Seriously? Where did you hear did?

EDIT: Never mind, found it. (On page 15)
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5081044#Comment_5081044
    Edited by MrGarlic on April 25, 2018 2:56AM
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be nice. While we are unlikrly to have underwater travel ...how about boat travels for fisherman dlc?
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread necro! But a good one, because yes please, more boats!
  • Vez
    Vez
    ✭✭✭
    I want at least half of these boats! This is a great idea and bump for some good research.
This discussion has been closed.