The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The game runs poorly since patch.

• makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »
    jssriot wrote: »
    Bar swap on my stamblades is intermittently very, very laggy. Sometimes almost a whole second. Also, there's another issue, may be related, were my stamblades just get stuck in place--can't move in any direction, jump or dodge roll--once combat start. My stamblades are utterly broken right now. I mean i've been through patches that rekt my stambalde builds but i literally cannot do anything with them combat-wise. But I can play dress-up dolls with them at the new outfit stations!

No, neither were using outfits or even had been to the outfit station when I first encountered this. And it's not a problem on my magplars--bar swapping seems fine, ping aside, and no issue of them getting stuck in combat.

I know ZOS hates stam builds but did they really need to go and break toons I've been working on and tweaking for over a year? I nearly rage-cancelled my sub the other night.

Stamina sorc here. I get the stuck in place and can't move. Can't break free. Sometimes it goes away and sometimes I have to die. Haven't played much outside of new dungeons so don't know if it's happening everywhere or just the new dungeons. Also I can go to the guild house and do a skeleton parse and everything is normal. In the new dungeons I get a minimum of one sec to swap bars. Sometimes takes three seconds. Swapping bars and can have my bow showing while I'm on my dw bar and vice versa. It's all random and not consistent. Thought it was outfit system but I have ZERO issues at the dummy.

I've seen my friend get the bug where he randomly throws caltrops.

I had something similar...I couldn't move forward...but I could move backwards and sideways. Break free didn't do anything. I was under some sort of CC (snare) I believe..It was really weird. After a few seconds it was fixed.
    Edited by makreth on February 14, 2018 4:10PM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lorkhan wrote: »
    K0rpeN wrote: »
    Go to settings -> Video -> Textures = Low

Problem solved until it is going to be patched.

Anyone confirm this?

People are reporting this as a fix for the animation cancel stutter.

My guess is something with the new patch and forced direct x 11 has screwed something up with how textures are loaded.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FPS tanks in pvp battles even though no Addons running , optimized settings and over clocked pc . All drivers up to date to . This with weapon swap animation bug makes pvp unenjoyable .
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FPS tanks in pvp battles even though no Addons running , optimized settings and over clocked pc . All drivers up to date to . This with weapon swap animation bug makes pvp unenjoyable .

yeah I'm thinking someone deleted something they should not have when they deleted the 32 bit client

hey ZOS, first rule of computer tech is if you don't know what the file or program does DONT delete it.
    Edited by Wing on February 14, 2018 4:34PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PVP was enjoyable before? Since when?
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

yeah I'm thinking someone deleted something they should not have when they deleted the 32 bit client

hey ZOS, first rule of computer tech is if you don't know what the file or program does DONT delete it.

Same thing happened when they forced direct X 9 users to take a hike. It was the most poorly handled upgrade forcing in this games history, and the game ran like crap for a while after. Like undenibly crap. That's the point where the CPU bottleneck got -really- bad.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

Same thing happened when they forced direct X 9 users to take a hike. It was the most poorly handled upgrade forcing in this games history, and the game ran like crap for a while after. Like undenibly crap. That's the point where the CPU bottleneck got -really- bad.

I'm hopeful for some sort of fix next patch, not expecting them to do anything, but hopeful.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, fast internet and the game is a dog since the patch. I can hit a door 4 times before it allows me to leave. Luckily it hasn't really affected my combat but then I don't PvP.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    makreth wrote: »
    Bar swap on my stamblades is intermittently very, very laggy. Sometimes almost a whole second. Also, there's another issue, may be related, were my stamblades just get stuck in place--can't move in any direction, jump or dodge roll--once combat start. My stamblades are utterly broken right now. I mean i've been through patches that rekt my stambalde builds but i literally cannot do anything with them combat-wise. But I can play dress-up dolls with them at the new outfit stations!

No, neither were using outfits or even had been to the outfit station when I first encountered this. And it's not a problem on my magplars--bar swapping seems fine, ping aside, and no issue of them getting stuck in combat.

I know ZOS hates stam builds but did they really need to go and break toons I've been working on and tweaking for over a year? I nearly rage-cancelled my sub the other night.

Stamina sorc here. I get the stuck in place and can't move. Can't break free. Sometimes it goes away and sometimes I have to die. Haven't played much outside of new dungeons so don't know if it's happening everywhere or just the new dungeons. Also I can go to the guild house and do a skeleton parse and everything is normal. In the new dungeons I get a minimum of one sec to swap bars. Sometimes takes three seconds. Swapping bars and can have my bow showing while I'm on my dw bar and vice versa. It's all random and not consistent. Thought it was outfit system but I have ZERO issues at the dummy.

I had something similar...I couldn't move forward...but I could move backwards and sideways. Break free didn't do anything. I was under some sort of CC (snare) I believe..It was really weird. After a few seconds it was fixed.

Scale dungeon that happened to me. Would go away after awhile. That's the dungeon where my buddy was having caltrops randomly going off throughout the place. In fang dungeon last night I got the stuck bug except it didn't go away. Could only dodge roll backwards. I noticed I had like green vines or some small green effect on my feet during that time. Didn't dawn on me to take a ss of it.

Edit
    This stuff happened constantly throughout both dungeons. I'd estimate that almost 75% of the fights it happened on. We are going to attempt speed run tonight. I can't fathom doing hm or no death. If we have even half the probs that we did before there's absolutely no way we could do it. The snare effect happens during bosses.

Speed run will be tough cuz of weapon swap bug where I swap bars to dw but still see my bow and NO animations so I hit weapon swap thinking my previous swap didn't work. This puts me back on bow bar and sometimes my dw will pull out then. So having to swap bars and waiting to watch your skills to see if/when it actually swapped really sucks.
    Edited by BuddyAces on February 14, 2018 6:27PM
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    To get 15 to 20 fps i have to put my settings to low or minimum, and then, i still get latency spikes. Get it sorted Zenimax, i play far less at the moment and dont buy anything
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • HidesFromSun
    HidesFromSun
    ✭✭✭
    Rokkar8 wrote: »
    noticable longer loading screens

This. I'm having exactly the same issue. Plus the frame rate in towns such as Riften and Mournhold have dropped substantially

• Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noticed an extremely long load screen time when traveling to Vvardenfel via Way Shire or port to another player since update.
    Edited by Palidon on February 14, 2018 6:30PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lorkhan wrote: »
    K0rpeN wrote: »
    Go to settings -> Video -> Textures = Low

Problem solved until it is going to be patched.

Anyone confirm this?

Doesn't work...

P.S
    This weapon swap bug makes dungeons unenjoyable.
    Edited by Tasear on February 14, 2018 6:33PM
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean ZoS released a new patch and it broke stuff? Who could've seen that coming?

XBox NA
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean ZoS released a new patch and it broke stuff? Who could've seen that coming?

Yeah.... but this is just really bad.
  • HarlotsLoki
    HarlotsLoki
    ✭✭✭

It's a heavy attack bug. You can't move at all, but you can use abilities/roll dodge and if you hold in heavy attack you will move as normal. Once the attack ends you can't move again.

Using endless hail gets you moving again properly. Not a great fix, but it works for now.
  • Patrickaus
    Yep, longer load screens and more lag since patch. :(
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the last two patches I observed ridiculously long log in screens !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    IT'S SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • Bloodystab
    Bloodystab
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have same feeling.

Before patch i could not complain but now? OMG, Loading Screens take forever, FPS drops, wierd lags where You stay in "Objective" but still die. Hero stucks in place untill u recast Endless Hail etc...

No matter addons or not.

Before patch with Grid Inventory addon there was small delay with opening Bank or Inventory, now my game freez for 30sec.

• Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Yeah.... but this is just really bad.

Yeah . . . . Almost ZoS-like.

XBox NA
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah its a messed up stuff right now, including button smashing when finaly the game decide to react on the pusshed down skill. the delay is too big, including swaping weapons.
    If there is a serverside issue(obviusly it is) ZOs have to update their servers ASAP. and fix this issues as well.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • CountEdmondDantes
    CountEdmondDantes
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had similar problems. Specifically, these are the problems I've had:
    • Slow reactions and hesitation: try an attack, pause and wait a second for it to execute. It doesn't happen for every attack but it happens often. Funny, I've started to encounter it in dungeons (and I've never had problems in dungeons before). One dungeon in Deshan last night was particularly bad, but there were four or five of us in it.
    • Rollbacks. Not those initiated by Zeni, but those moments when you're moving across the open world or in a dungeon and you get sent back to a point you were at before. One particularly bad one came last night: I was leaving Daggerfall, outside the city by the bridge that heads north and then, bang!, I was sent back to the central square by the bank. Another instance, in Deshan, my daughter had three of these in a row.
    • Lots of lag. Just lots of laggy, stuttering gameplay.

Two things to keep in mind. This doesn't appear to be "spiked" problems some people have encountered in the past. My daughter and I have had those for a while now - probably the last couple of months. Our ping rate would shoot up to 3000+ and the game would basically pause. We thought maybe it was our internet provider - and that's what Zeni Customer Service told my daughter - but she had her internet checked by the provider (literally scheduled an appointment with them at her house). She did this because she's a graphic designer who works out of her home and needs and pays for high speed (business grade) internet. But she was told everything was okay. And we couldn't get a decent answer out of Zenimax customer service. They kept saying, it's your problem, not ours.

No, this is different. It's a different reaction and it happens dozens of times a night. At some points, the game becomes unplayable because your character doesn't function. It's like the game pauses and I can move my character but everything on the screen is frozen ... then suddenly everything that's happened in the last two or three seconds will happen at once.

The second thing to keep in mind is my daughter and I both have good Internet. Knowing this question would be raised, I opened several other games last night, including another MMO and Steam games - even some real heavy hitters. There was no problem with them.

I have used the outfit system. On all three characters I played last night, and on my daughter's characters (not sure how many she played), she had uses the outfit system and they were wearing outfits.

I hesitate to submit a ticket again because the response in the past has been it's all on your side: your Internet provider or whatever. But I run ESO on a 64 bit machine with an SSD (and ESO is on the SSD). I've got a good processor. Things should be sailing on this game.

It would be nice to get some response to whether this is a known issue that will be fixed or whether Zenimax feels this is a problem on our ends. Not being snarky, just asking.

@ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom.

Edited by CountEdmondDantes on February 14, 2018 7:09PM
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not even sure what to say about this anymore. For years we have tried begging, pleading, shaming, and even threatened leaving and unsubbing, but they still refuse to address the performance issues.

At least with storage being added it will be a lot easier to follow through on the unsubbing threat and hopefully many will do so. At this point all we can do is sit back and watch as they keep patching this game out of existence.

Performance issues can be expected, but there is absolutely no reason it should keep getting progressively worse with each patch and all we ever hear is we are working on it with no change and worse performance.

Sad to see them let such an amazing game deteriorate to this point. :'(
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheValar85 wrote: »
    yeah its a messed up stuff right now, including button smashing when finaly the game decide to react on the pusshed down skill. the delay is too big, including swaping weapons.
    If there is a serverside issue(obviusly it is) ZOs have to update their servers ASAP. and fix this issues as well.

man I wish they would :cry:
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a heavy attack bug. You can't move at all, but you can use abilities/roll dodge and if you hold in heavy attack you will move as normal. Once the attack ends you can't move again.

Using endless hail gets you moving again properly. Not a great fix, but it works for now.

Kinda like the heavy attacking with a lightning staff and your toon gets stuck in rp walk mode?

If this fixes my problem then I owe you a semi load of beer. Ty
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when will zenimax decide to start testing content before pushing it to live?
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is running fine for me; i.e. no improvements and no new problems.
    Fps is still between 60 and 150 depending on location.
    Weapon swap works all, most, some of the time...
    I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
  • Mertica
    Mertica
    ✭✭
    Definitely longer loading screens since Update 17. I can DEFINITELY tell they became longer.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Died to health desyncs a number of times everyday since patch, getting tiresome. Also the weapons swap 1-2s delay is getting on my nerves. More fun playing kingdom come at this point, hope they fix it asap cause i would love to keep pvping.

PC EU
    PvP only