The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The game runs poorly since patch.

olsborg
olsborg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
First of all its the fps drops out of nowhere, we are no strangers to these, but after patch it got real bad at times.

Weapons swap is slow and sometimes it takes a whole second to get your weapon swapped, even if your skillbar switches imediately.

When you get bursted, say by a meteor or a snipe, you dont register the dmg until you are dead. For example today I got sniped 3x 7k but didnt notice anything of this until I was already dead. This happens with ultimates like meteor and leap too.

Game is running so poorly atm (pvp) that I dont bother playing right now.

PC EU
PvP only
  • Bryong9ub17_ESO
    Bryong9ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just glad I'm working out of town at the moment and won't be able to get on till the weekend. Hopefully they will have most of the bugs worked out by then.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried without addons?
    Edited by LarsS on February 14, 2018 1:51PM
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worse than ever for me. I could deal with it last night. I turned in my dailies and logged off.
  • Rokkar8
    Rokkar8
    ✭✭
    Same issues here + noticable longer loading screens
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was getting horrible lag and stuttering, strangely enough for the 30 mins the eu server got to play on release day until the first takedown, it was smooth as normal. Tried with and without addons so not that, only thing I can try when Im back from work is to check its fullscreen, otherwise this sucks.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried most things I can think of, nothing works, things might be working ok the first 30 mins after login, but sooner or later while pvping, the quality of the server or whatsit goes down the drain.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im sorry to dissapoint you, but this game runs poorly since release. And thats not going to change soon, if ever. They would have to get completley new servers, and theyre too greedy for that.
    "I mustache you a question."
    "Well shave it for later."
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avrael wrote: »
    Im sorry to dissapoint you, but this game runs poorly since release. And thats not going to change soon, if ever. They would have to get completley new servers, and theyre too greedy for that.

It's running worse than normal, is what I think he is getting at, as am I.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game hasnt run nicely since that infamous "lighting" patch. Altho ZOS has stated it had nothing to do with that, but instead how all the passives and skills that ppl unlocked by then wich slowed down the server. Im not convinced. But yea, the game runs doubly bad since patch 3.3.5.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    loading times seem to be increased the fps seem to drop more frequent even on nuclear reactors and for some reason there is still tons of fps drops in populated areas (grahtwood/wayrest/deshaan etc.)
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep the framerates are terrible atm. Getting constant slow downs in performance. 80 frames then suddenly 30 for no reason then 10. Then it just goes back up and seems to be happening at near random. Was so frustrating in Scalecaller peak when trying to deal with the poison cone AoEs.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup fps has been halved to the point of unplayability then get random high and low spikes without even moving or changing locations. bar swapping has been really bad as well. tried deleting all addons and it did nothing, same with messing with some files and what not, its clearly on there end (though they nor there support would ever admit it)

just log in for writs then log out as its just not playable atm.

been thinking of finding a new game to try out till they get this sorted out.
    Edited by Wing on February 14, 2018 3:00PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For those of you who are having performance problems since the patch: have you used the outfit system yet? I'm not experiencing any performance issues (any worse than normal, that is), bar swap is acting like normal, etc. -- but I haven't touched the outfit system yet. I wonder whether whatever coding they implemented for the outfit system is responsible for these issues.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weapon swap is laggy as hell, cmon. Please zeni, Wish some rep talk to us about this future fix
  • aubrey.baconb16_ESO
    olsborg wrote: »
    Game hasnt run nicely since that infamous "lighting" patch. Altho ZOS has stated it had nothing to do with that, but instead how all the passives and skills that ppl unlocked by then wich slowed down the server. Im not convinced. But yea, the game runs doubly bad since patch 3.3.5.

The "lighting" patch was also the patch where much code was moved from client to server side to prevent the exploiting by modifying client side code that was going on at the time.
  • Arv_Morvis
    Arv_Morvis
    ✭✭✭
    I also experienced a rather "long" loading screen for the first time... where it usually loaded a city in 30s now takes around 50s. Also some weird combat animations, a goblin mob managed to hit a heavy two handed attack because the charging animation was done in 1s which for mobs was a complete surprise to me, i didn't even have enough time to block... i didn't die but it was a wtf moment as i watched my toon being thrown in the air :s

• greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    For those of you who are having performance problems since the patch: have you used the outfit system yet? I'm not experiencing any performance issues (any worse than normal, that is), bar swap is acting like normal, etc. -- but I haven't touched the outfit system yet. I wonder whether whatever coding they implemented for the outfit system is responsible for these issues.

I have but I went onto a new toon to level up for the rewards and it still did it.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

The "lighting" patch was also the patch where much code was moved from client to server side to prevent the exploiting by modifying client side code that was going on at the time.

And their servers can't handle all of those calculations without affecting performance and clearly haven't been upgraded since then in order to have that capability .
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't done any dungeons or trials after the patch yet, since Monday was mostly ruined by the longer than expected downtime and on Tuesday I didn't feel like doing much, but I've experienced a few weird bugs and performance inconsistencies even while doing basic stuff, including the "rooted by bow skill" bug. I've spent too much time playing this game to get excited about changes and rush to do new content. I'm sticking to questing and daily chores like crafting writs and trading till they fix the performance, addons are updated and so on. I'll probably give the new dungeons a shot either over the week end or maybe next week.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • K0rpeN
    K0rpeN
    ✭✭✭
    Go to settings -> Video -> Textures = Low

Problem solved until it is going to be patched.
    Edited by K0rpeN on February 14, 2018 3:36PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, the bar swap lag is killing me, grim focus is actually worse now, and general performance feels like its gone down a few notches.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    I also noticed that my FPS were A LOT worse than usual since the DLC went live.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I even have lag on the forums. What's going on
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    K0rpeN wrote: »

Just stop. This does not fix the issue for everyone, problem NOT solved.

rip decibel
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bar swap on my stamblades is intermittently very, very laggy. Sometimes almost a whole second. Also, there's another issue, may be related, were my stamblades just get stuck in place--can't move in any direction, jump or dodge roll--once combat start. My stamblades are utterly broken right now. I mean i've been through patches that rekt my stambalde builds but i literally cannot do anything with them combat-wise. But I can play dress-up dolls with them at the new outfit stations!

No, neither were using outfits or even had been to the outfit station when I first encountered this. And it's not a problem on my magplars--bar swapping seems fine, ping aside, and no issue of them getting stuck in combat.

I know ZOS hates stam builds but did they really need to go and break toons I've been working on and tweaking for over a year? I nearly rage-cancelled my sub the other night.
    Edited by jssriot on February 14, 2018 3:54PM
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »

Just stop. This does not fix the issue for everyone, problem NOT solved.

agreed.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arv_Morvis wrote: »
    I also experienced a rather "long" loading screen for the first time... where it usually loaded a city in 30s now takes around 50s. Also some weird combat animations, a goblin mob managed to hit a heavy two handed attack because the charging animation was done in 1s which for mobs was a complete surprise to me, i didn't even have enough time to block... i didn't die but it was a wtf moment as i watched my toon being thrown in the air :s

Loading screens everywhere seem a lot longer for me now. Literally reminds me of playing Skyrim on XBox 360.

Yeah and a lot of screwed up animations everywhere too. It's not just you.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jssriot wrote: »
    Bar swap on my stamblades is intermittently very, very laggy. Sometimes almost a whole second. Also, there's another issue, may be related, were my stamblades just get stuck in place--can't move in any direction, jump or dodge roll--once combat start. My stamblades are utterly broken right now. I mean i've been through patches that rekt my stambalde builds but i literally cannot do anything with them combat-wise. But I can play dress-up dolls with them at the new outfit stations!

No, neither were using outfits or even had been to the outfit station when I first encountered this. And it's not a problem on my magplars--bar swapping seems fine, ping aside, and no issue of them getting stuck in combat.

I know ZOS hates stam builds but did they really need to go and break toons I've been working on and tweaking for over a year? I nearly rage-cancelled my sub the other night.

Stamina sorc here. I get the stuck in place and can't move. Can't break free. Sometimes it goes away and sometimes I have to die. Haven't played much outside of new dungeons so don't know if it's happening everywhere or just the new dungeons. Also I can go to the guild house and do a skeleton parse and everything is normal. In the new dungeons I get a minimum of one sec to swap bars. Sometimes takes three seconds. Swapping bars and can have my bow showing while I'm on my dw bar and vice versa. It's all random and not consistent. Thought it was outfit system but I have ZERO issues at the dummy.

I've seen my friend get the bug where he randomly throws caltrops.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

Some people get less fps the lower they set their settings :trollface:
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone confirm this?