The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Anyone Else Terribly Unimpressed by the House Storage Chests?

• Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    well, storage feels limited (360 for all) and the prices are too high (>1000 writh vouchers and/or >1000K Tel Var, well ofc can also spend 100eds of dollars in the crown store).

This shows once more the lameness of cash shops and F2P games. if this was still sub only we would not have to swallow that crap. subscribers should at least get double chest storage like in the bank or something along the line...

That price doesn’t seem unattainable from a voucher perspective.

Does everyone need all 360 slots by having all the chests on day one?

Sheesh. Sell your crap, people.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    They seem to offer the same capacity than as about 2 maxed mule character with a fully upgraded horse and backpack.

Talk about a lame offering...

For lousy implementation decisions like this that don't significantly reduce the tedium is the reason I am not playing this game much anymore. At some point you have to ask yourself, do you like being tormented and ripped off?

I have one character in ESO which I created at release on PS4 and am enjoying my one character.

In the last year I have reached max CP and diversified my character's set-up (CP distribution, gear, food/drink, Mundus, Skills) across 6 different gaming scenarios: Overland & Dungeons, Trials, Maelstrom Arena (all PvE), Cyrodiil & Imperial City, Battlegrounds and Duelling (all PvP).

This storage addition allows me to nicely collect my varied gear and items in a logical way. For example, I could:
    (1) use each chest as load out (once at full), or...
    (2) use one for siege weapons, one for daily writ items, one for surveys/treasure maps, one for "for sale" items that have accumulated beyond my Guild Store listings, one for set-pieces I know will be desired by guildmates or friends and one for housing items I have not found a suitable place for.

This change is only a benefit for me. Would I have implemented it differently had I been in charge, yes.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »
    I mean... wow. You have an additional 360 slots are your disposal and you still find a way to complain...

The only players I've ever seen have storage issues are either new, and will eventually get passed it as they buy upgrades - or they're the obsessive people who simply must have every single set in the game in order to bloat their inventory beyond reasonable means...

Seriously think about it... you can have 12 characters, each at 200 slots a piece - that's 2400 slots, + maxed bank is a further 240 = 2640 + the new 360 = a flat 3000. 3000 inventory slots. If you're using all of them, then let me tell you - you're playing the game WRONG.

I've heard all the defenses before "Who am I to tell people how to play?" - but seriously if you struggle that bad at managing 3000 inventory slots, you should probably strongly revise how you're playing the game. Nobody can tell you what to do at the end of the day - but I mean, if something isn't working for you, there's a large chance it's because you're doing it wrong - this is definitely one of those cases.

I can't fathom how somebody could actually be using 3000 inventory slots unless they just have some seriously poor inventory management skills, or hoard. Naturally I'm not a fan of hoarders because they make threads like this while carrying around what is effectively junk just to say they have it. In my eyes that's effectively creating problems for yourself.

No this is not realistic what you say. It is simply too tedious to manage items through mules. I already do it partially and could not imagine doing that without my addon to track sets through all of my characters. And who would want to fill up all his remaining character slots with mules and max their inventory on top of it? No one will do that.

So you end up with around 500 inventory slots of your bank and 200 slots on your toon (if you are maxed out and have ESO+) and this is simply not big enough for the amount of various sets and monster heads which I require for my 5 toons and their roles. Note also that using various combinations of heavy/med/light provides a boost via the undaunted abilities. And I am not going to delete potentially useful items just to grind them again when I need them. Additionally, I also want to keep an interesting lore item here and there.

Inventory space should be at least 4x the size of what we have now. Sadly this is not done now because the crafting bag gets devalued otherwise. Therefore I hope that in the future there are other nice ESO+ features (without turning the game into p2w) so that ESO+ does not rely too much on the crafting bag.

• Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, what sets are you people hoarding that require THAT much space?

With ESO+ alone, I still have 200 bank slots, despite all my monster helmets and sets that are actually worth a damn to care about nicely stashed away in my bank. The extra 360 storage space is literal overkill for me now as far as storage goes.

STOP HOARDING.
    Argonian forever
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The awesome thing is that once I dump the stuff I had stored across several characters into the chests, I am finding I had duplicates and stuff I didn’t even intend to keep tucked deep in their inventories that I can get rid of.

Not deleting any of those characters though - I’ll finally be able to play them.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yes, it is really lame. I have expected something really good, like storage chests buyable for gold, with more than 100 storage space, but we got bugged chests, pretty expensive, eating the items when you delete and character, LOL, pure LOL
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    yes, it is really lame. I have expected something really good, like storage chests buyable for gold, with more than 100 storage space, but we got bugged chests, pretty expensive, eating the items when you delete and character, LOL, pure LOL

After all that horse training, I'm not deleting another character.

Personally my goal is to comfortably for-go ESO+

Bank for crafting mats (yay every toon can use)
    Guild bank for non bound items
    Mules + Chests for gear

Also, keep in mind this is exactly what they didn't want players to do. They definitely don't want to provide enough in game resources to make ESO+ moot. But that's what I'm doing.

The plan is:

Mule A parked (too bad they don't stay in the house when you log out...) By my house for chest access and banker (item mover)

Mule B parked at a bank for banker + guild bank access

The rest where ever I want. A couple of load screens and I have access to everything easily.

I currently use.... Approximately... 1600 item slots for my items (not including craft bag)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for the deletion bug to be fixed before visiting the writ vendor, but I'm delighted to be getting additional storage. It would have been nice if they'd used skins that blended better with the in-game furniture styles, but perhaps those will be added later and these can then be relegated to storage rooms.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (...)

Mule A parked (too bad they don't stay in the house when you log out...) By my house for chest access and banker (item mover)
    (...))

My characters stay in my own house (Velothi Reverie) if I log out ... ?

Edit: @Waffennacht
    Edited by Rouven on February 14, 2018 8:29PM
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mic1007 wrote: »
    What did you expect the House Storage to be? It was always simply going to be a way to get rid of a need for mule characters.

Most, if not all, of the ideas that floated around the forums was essentially unrealistic.

Most wanted unlimited or extremely large storage solutions and it pretty much didn't even talk about costs.

So of course threads like this will pop up. Unless it was free and extensive storage we were guaranteed to see complaints.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll place mine in my house, but I'm not using it until the bug is fixed. Yes, I am over-cautious.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Amadis001
    Amadis001
    ✭✭✭✭
    AchlysNox wrote: »
    Mic1007 wrote: »
    What did you expect the House Storage to be? It was always simply going to be a way to get rid of a need for mule characters.

I had hoped for mannequins where I could display the armors I'm not currently using.

I wanted that, too. It would have been extra nice. But I'm still completely satisfied (modulo some really serious bugs that should never have made it to live) with the storage system that they have released. I've had to grind a bit to save up writ vouchers to buy chests, and it will add significantly to my inventory without overly disrupting the rest of the storage grind.
    // Amadis of Gaul -- DK Nord (Lvl 50 CP 1000)