The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Anyone Else Terribly Unimpressed by the House Storage Chests?

• victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    As someone who did 1300 vouchers-worth of writs in a month so I could get all the coffers on patch day... I'm not disappointed. :)
    lagrue wrote: »
    I am not using all the character slots. I hate having to mule because of the poorly designed storage system of this game. 360 slots is simply insufficient for all the set items they keep adding to this game. It's a ridiculously inadequate design.

Yes, I am spoiled for not liking what they have done. The idiotic things people say...

Appreciation of good design is apparently wasted on mindless fanboi trash...

Why do you need all the sets outside of hoarding tendencies?

Hoarding in real life is a mental health problem. It's not fanboy trash, it's you not making proper use of what's at your disposal. What is inadequate is your ability to let go of things you will NEVER use.
    1) It's great when balance patches hit or I decide to try something else. When TFS went meta, I already had a full set and didn't need to farm it. I won't need to spend 150k to outfit my pet sorc. When I finish levelling my healer, I've got a full set of purple SPC for him - including jewellery. There are what, nearly a hundred bound dungeon & trial sets, not counting monster sets? So even if I only collect a quarter of them and only keep one divines piece for each slot, that's still a lot to store away.

2) Homestead added a whole lot of things to keep in our inventories, like furniture we want to have on hand when we start decorating. I mean, the luxury furnisher would be a *** gold sink if we had to have a house ready for the items each week.

One of the best things about the coffers & chests is that I can stick my stacked furnishings in them, and the items are still available in houses via the decorating menu. :Db
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not using all the character slots. I hate having to mule because of the poorly designed storage system of this game. 360 slots is simply insufficient for all the set items they keep adding to this game. It's a ridiculously inadequate design.

Yes, I am spoiled for not liking what they have done. The idiotic things people say...

Appreciation of good design is apparently wasted on mindless fanboi trash...

I don't really think you NEED to keep every set in the game. Usually if a person has a problem with storage it is due to hoarding, and in that case, it's a psychological problem, not an ZOS or ESO problem.
    Edited by ADarklore on February 14, 2018 2:47AM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just need space for Jewelry
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am unimpressed with how expensive they are in terms of crowns.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I completely expect that I will be having inventory issues again within a couple of months of storage coming to console - but that is just the way I am.

I have had as many as 3 storage mules, only clearing those when I created a mule account (back when motifs/recipes did not stack). I only emptied the storage account when those things became stackable. With ESO+ I have the craft bag and 480 bank spaces, yet I still have issues with inventory and need to manage it every day.

The best thing about the chests will be that I can put a collection of the same things in a chest, i.e. monster helms in one, motifs in another, etc., instead of having to scroll through the bank or a characters full inventory looking for stuff.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • navystylz_ESO
    navystylz_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually I'm impressed they gave 360 slots worth. The look is fine. Not sure what people expected. This isn't Ultima Online. There is no need to have 50 mules, 360 storage slots and a full bank. There just isn't. Get rid of your crap. People in this game are like a ESO version of that show hoarders or whatever.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    on console...got enough crowns to buy 180 more inventory slots...

finally - somewhere to put all those recipes, trophies, treasure maps and all the other junk I just can't seem to bring myself to either sell or destroy...

I can make my bank all about swapping, crafting gear and accessories amongst all my characters...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a storage box what the heck did you expect it to do get up and dance. You put stuff into and it holds it, that is it's job! Stop complaining about nonsense and as for a bug you might lose stuff, well I said way back when people complained that there would be issues like that and ZOS didn't want to have to deal with it. Now you complainers got your storage box and you complain that there is a bug........and it holds stuff.
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every patch there is always that ''terribly unimpressed'' crowd. Nothing new to see here
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They seem to offer the same capacity than as about 2 maxed mule character with a fully upgraded horse and backpack.

Talk about a lame offering...

For lousy implementation decisions like this that don't significantly reduce the tedium is the reason I am not playing this game much anymore. At some point you have to ask yourself, do you like being tormented and ripped off?

you dont play much but you still enjoying coming here to whine about something you dont play it seems. and you're what, 3months too late? everyone knew exactly how much storage these things had long ago.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am un-empressed that ZOS has not put out a Hot Fix to take care of the Housing Storage Bug that has caused numerous players to lose valuable gear. Instead players have to wait until the next patch for a fix. Meanwhile other players who are unaware of the problem will be losing their valuable gear.

Oh I forgot the Home Storage Bug is not an exploit so ZOS will get around to it eventually.
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    But you don't have to: log out - log back in on your mule - take the needed item and deposit it to your bank - log back out - log back in. I'm happy with it.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean... wow. You have an additional 360 slots are your disposal and you still find a way to complain...

The only players I've ever seen have storage issues are either new, and will eventually get passed it as they buy upgrades - or they're the obsessive people who simply must have every single set in the game in order to bloat their inventory beyond reasonable means...

Seriously think about it... you can have 12 characters, each at 200 slots a piece - that's 2400 slots, + maxed bank is a further 240 = 2640 + the new 360 = a flat 3000. 3000 inventory slots. If you're using all of them, then let me tell you - you're playing the game WRONG.

I've heard all the defenses before "Who am I to tell people how to play?" - but seriously if you struggle that bad at managing 3000 inventory slots, you should probably strongly revise how you're playing the game. Nobody can tell you what to do at the end of the day - but I mean, if something isn't working for you, there's a large chance it's because you're doing it wrong - this is definitely one of those cases.

I can't fathom how somebody could actually be using 3000 inventory slots unless they just have some seriously poor inventory management skills, or hoard. Naturally I'm not a fan of hoarders because they make threads like this while carrying around what is effectively junk just to say they have it. In my eyes that's effectively creating problems for yourself.

And dont forget eso+ get 240 more slot and a craft bag
    Edited by Dark_Lord_Kuro on February 14, 2018 5:23AM
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I mean... wow. You have an additional 360 slots are your disposal and you still find a way to complain...

The only players I've ever seen have storage issues are either new, and will eventually get passed it as they buy upgrades - or they're the obsessive people who simply must have every single set in the game in order to bloat their inventory beyond reasonable means...

Seriously think about it... you can have 12 characters, each at 200 slots a piece - that's 2400 slots, + maxed bank is a further 240 = 2640 + the new 360 = a flat 3000. 3000 inventory slots. If you're using all of them, then let me tell you - you're playing the game WRONG.

I've heard all the defenses before "Who am I to tell people how to play?" - but seriously if you struggle that bad at managing 3000 inventory slots, you should probably strongly revise how you're playing the game. Nobody can tell you what to do at the end of the day - but I mean, if something isn't working for you, there's a large chance it's because you're doing it wrong - this is definitely one of those cases.

I can't fathom how somebody could actually be using 3000 inventory slots unless they just have some seriously poor inventory management skills, or hoard. Naturally I'm not a fan of hoarders because they make threads like this while carrying around what is effectively junk just to say they have it. In my eyes that's effectively creating problems for yourself.

First off, not everyone has 12 characters with fully maxed bag space.

I could say: if you've got 12 characters with max bag space and only 593 CP, you're playing the game wrong. Of course, I wouldn't say that, because there's no such thing.

Beyond that, it's really not that unreasonable. Not hard to have 10+ full sets on any given character for different content, along with Monster sets, ability altering weapons, consumables, premade stuff for writs, and a variety of other miscellaneous stuff (soul gems, lock picks, master writs, BoE gear earmarked for sale, siege equipment, repair kits, etc.)

You call it "hoarding," others might call it min-maxing.

It's not hard to understand that everyone plays the game a little differently. If you "can't fathom" it, that might be a problem on your end.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Major bugged right now don't bother with them
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When housing came out, people begged them for storage for the housing.
    Now they've given us storage, and you're complaining?
    It's even free. I just got my free coffer for getting a character to level 18. I plan to get more free ones by doing master writs later.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    When housing came out, people begged them for storage for the housing.
    Now they've given us storage, and you're complaining?
    It's even free. I just got my free coffer for getting a character to level 18. I plan to get more free ones by doing master writs later.

If you don't heed warnings don't bother sending tickets in if your stuff poofs
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    If you don't heed warnings don't bother sending tickets in if your stuff poofs
    The OP was whining and moaning about the storage chests themselves, not the bug.
    ZOS will fix the bug. That won't be permanent, and when they do fix it, the storage chests will be a welcome free addition to the game. Sorry my optimistic post triggered you.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *checks*

Odd. I'm not feeling particularly tormented nor ripped off.

Maybe I'm not doing it right? ;)

If you want, I'll get the feather duster, and the pliers. :P

To be fair, I kinda like this. Yeah, it's not a huge amount of space, but the overall implementation (ignoring the bugs) is kinda cool. My only quibble is there's no way to re-skin the storage boxes. Otherwise, it's pretty much exactly what I expected, and I'm overall fairly happy with them.

Now, to be fair, I bought all 7 from Faustina about an hour after the servers came up. If I'd been spending real money on the things, I'd probably feel a bit burned.
  • smacky
    smacky
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what you are complaining about honestly.

With ESO Plus you get: 200 slots per toon + 480 Bank Slots + 360 House Slots + Unlimited Crafting Bag + 5 Guilds (Guild Store @ 30 Slots each = another 150 for selling stuff)

At 8 toons you can have 2590 storage slots.

If you can't get by with that much space, there is something seriously wrong with you, and you are a hoarder of epic proportions.

• smacky
    smacky
    ✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    I am unimpressed with how expensive they are in terms of crowns.

Then do mastrer writs. The crowns option is for people who are too lazy to earn the chests.

This game has always had a certain level of P2Win in it, which is all this is.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    Major bugged right now don't bother with them

and for all those people who dont intend to delete a character whats the problem with them?
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    well, storage feels limited (360 for all) and the prices are too high (>1000 writh vouchers and/or >1000K Tel Var, well ofc can also spend 100eds of dollars in the crown store).

This shows once more the lameness of cash shops and F2P games. if this was still sub only we would not have to swallow that crap. subscribers should at least get double chest storage like in the bank or something along the line...
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, storage feels limited (360 for all) and the prices are too high (>1000 writh vouchers and/or >1000K Tel Var, well ofc can also spend 100eds of dollars in the crown store).

This shows once more the lameness of cash shops and F2P games. if this was still sub only we would not have to swallow that crap. subscribers should at least get double chest storage like in the bank or something along the line...

What are the writ voucher prices for the storage chests?
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am upset. I got my storage chest, placed it ever so neatly right in front of the door and then stealthed out behind it.

Been up the last two days and not a single person has come to steal anything out of it yet.

I am so disappointed.
  • smacky
    smacky
    ✭✭✭
    @Stinkyremy 100 for Coffers (30 Slots) and 200 for Chests (60 SlotS)
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ley wrote: »
    People wanted more storage, they added more storage. Would you have been happier if they did not add more storage?

Yes. I am tired of being disappointed by ESO.

I don't think the issue is with Zos, it's with you

This.

You're complaining for the sake of complaining. What did you expect from a storage box other than storage? For it to somehow end world hunger?
    Kiss the chaos.
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I make a fatter character will it give me more storage capacity?

What if I make her at max fat settings?
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy with the storage. Not so happy about the deletion bug. I hope ZOS can restore all the items that others lost. I would have lost items myself if I didn't read the forums frequently.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    They seem to offer the same capacity than as about 2 maxed mule character with a fully upgraded horse and backpack.

Talk about a lame offering...

For lousy implementation decisions like this that don't significantly reduce the tedium is the reason I am not playing this game much anymore. At some point you have to ask yourself, do you like being tormented and ripped off?

and now you can have two maxed mules and the chests. Or you can have the chests and forego the mules. Or you can keep the mules and not bother with the chests.

The difference in mules and chests is if the rings you need to complete a set are on a mule you have to log onto that mule. If they are in a chest just go home and grab them. I'm not planning on getting the chests any time soon but decent option to have if I ever feel the need.
    This it made organizing gear much easier.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.