The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Anyone Else Terribly Unimpressed by the House Storage Chests?

Thrasher91604
Thrasher91604
✭✭✭✭✭
They seem to offer the same capacity than as about 2 maxed mule character with a fully upgraded horse and backpack.

Talk about a lame offering...

For lousy implementation decisions like this that don't significantly reduce the tedium is the reason I am not playing this game much anymore. At some point you have to ask yourself, do you like being tormented and ripped off?
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget the bug where if you delete a toon it can completely delete all bound items in your storage chests

True ZOS quality
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What did you expect the House Storage to be? It was always simply going to be a way to get rid of a need for mule characters.
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People wanted more storage, they added more storage. Would you have been happier if they did not add more storage?
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *checks*

Odd. I'm not feeling particularly tormented nor ripped off.

Maybe I'm not doing it right? ;)

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They seem to offer the same capacity than as about 2 maxed mule character with a fully upgraded horse and backpack.

For lousy implementation decisions like this that don't significantly reduce the tedium is the reason I am not playing this game much anymore. At some point you have to ask yourself, do you like being tormented and ripped off?

and now you can have two maxed mules and the chests. Or you can have the chests and forego the mules. Or you can keep the mules and not bother with the chests.

The difference in mules and chests is if the rings you need to complete a set are on a mule you have to log onto that mule. If they are in a chest just go home and grab them. I'm not planning on getting the chests any time soon but decent option to have if I ever feel the need.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • AchlysNox
    AchlysNox
    ✭✭✭
    Mic1007 wrote: »
    What did you expect the House Storage to be? It was always simply going to be a way to get rid of a need for mule characters.

I had hoped for mannequins where I could display the armors I'm not currently using.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesn't/ Not even close.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ley wrote: »
    People wanted more storage, they added more storage. Would you have been happier if they did not add more storage?

Yes. I am tired of being disappointed by ESO.
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are these chests bound or are they able to be sold through guild store?.. whether you get them with master writs or tel var.. ty
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know they said something about the bug being fixed next week, but I am not going to work real hard on getting the chests and then sorting my gear out into them until they are working correctly. I'm unimpressed that they were released with this bug even being a thing.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AchlysNox wrote: »

I had hoped for mannequins where I could display the armors I'm not currently using.

Hmm. While that does allow you to "store" some gear in your house, I wouldn't really think of it in the category of Storage. It's more Display or Decoration. /shrug
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure they are bound to your account.

They are furnishing collectibles, I believe.

The fact that they implemented them that way probably has some effect on their limitations... Just guessing here.
  • Shezzarrine
    Shezzarrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ley wrote: »

Yes. I am tired of being disappointed by ESO.

I don't think the issue is with Zos, it's with you
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't really see the problem. you got something that you didn't had before and they you mad over it?? Spoiled kid.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean... wow. You have an additional 360 slots are your disposal and you still find a way to complain...

The only players I've ever seen have storage issues are either new, and will eventually get passed it as they buy upgrades - or they're the obsessive people who simply must have every single set in the game in order to bloat their inventory beyond reasonable means...

Seriously think about it... you can have 12 characters, each at 200 slots a piece - that's 2400 slots, + maxed bank is a further 240 = 2640 + the new 360 = a flat 3000. 3000 inventory slots. If you're using all of them, then let me tell you - you're playing the game WRONG.

I've heard all the defenses before "Who am I to tell people how to play?" - but seriously if you struggle that bad at managing 3000 inventory slots, you should probably strongly revise how you're playing the game. Nobody can tell you what to do at the end of the day - but I mean, if something isn't working for you, there's a large chance it's because you're doing it wrong - this is definitely one of those cases.

I can't fathom how somebody could actually be using 3000 inventory slots unless they just have some seriously poor inventory management skills, or hoard. Naturally I'm not a fan of hoarders because they make threads like this while carrying around what is effectively junk just to say they have it. In my eyes that's effectively creating problems for yourself.

Edited by lagrue on February 13, 2018 10:39PM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    360 new storage space. If you really need that much storage space, you need to manage your inventory better.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not using all the character slots. I hate having to mule because of the poorly designed storage system of this game. 360 slots is simply insufficient for all the set items they keep adding to this game. It's a ridiculously inadequate design.

Yes, I am spoiled for not liking what they have done. The idiotic things people say...

Appreciation of good design is apparently wasted on mindless fanboi trash...
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not using all the character slots. I hate having to mule because of the poorly designed storage system of this game. 360 slots is simply insufficient for all the set items they keep adding to this game. It's a ridiculously inadequate design.

Yes, I am spoiled for not liking what they have done. The idiotic things people say...

Why do you need all the sets outside of hoarding tendencies?

Hoarding in real life is a mental health problem. It's not fanboy trash, it's you not making proper use of what's at your disposal. What is inadequate is your ability to let go of things you will NEVER use.

Edited by lagrue on February 13, 2018 10:41PM
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

• Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are they creating them then, if not to collect them?

This is what I mean by a poorly conceived design.

I mean only 1 or 2 traits types. There is nowhere near enough room for all the item sets.
    Edited by Thrasher91604 on February 13, 2018 10:45PM
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are they creating them then, if not to collect them?

This is what I mean by a poorly conceived design.

I'll give you a hint, it's not to collect them.

That's your problem right there - you think they're a collectible... most smart people would only keep sets that compliment their character and build. What is the point of carrying a bunch of junk you will never use, just so you can sit there and call stuff bad design. Your mindset is the problem, not how the game is designed. The whole point of always adding new sets is to diversify playstyles.

Do you also carry around potions of every level from 0-CP160, just to collect them? If so, you're a hoarder and you should really get that checked out before it spills over into your real life.

Edited by lagrue on February 13, 2018 10:47PM
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

• Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that was a rather idiotic response, full of stupid strawman assumptions.

You do know people have more than one character they are collecting item sets for.

Not everyone plays the game like you (thank goodness).

• lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that was a rather idiotic response, full of stupid strawman assumptions.

You do know people have more than one character they are collecting item sets for.

Not everyone plays the game like you (thank goodness).

Character can be pluralized, it doesn't change the fact you're a hoarder. Nothing strawman about it, you just carry stuff you don't need and then complain about it.

Just like real life, not everybody does what I do - but if somebody is hoarding junk, they're a hoarder - it really doesn't matter what I do, I'm not the one with the problem.

Thank goodness ZOS doesn't care what you think and isn't just going to drop infinite storage on you so you can continue to bloat your save, which is stored on their servers. (Yeah look at that, believe it or not there's also logistical reasons why they don't do it.)

Edited by lagrue on February 13, 2018 10:50PM
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

• Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except you make a lot of false claims. So yeah...
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except you make a lot of false claims. So yeah...

I'm not making a false claim. Using up 3000 inventory slots is a form of digital hoarding. I'm sorry to break it to you.

If you can't manage 3000 slots, maybe it's time to play a different game.
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

• Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol this was demanded by the player base for a long time. Definitely room for improvement but it's certainly welcome imo.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such an ungrateful lot. Not only are you looking a gifthorse in the mouth, you are spitting in its face. Why would ZOS ever do anything for any of us again, thanks to this behavior?
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »

Because we never know when ZoS is going to nerf sets or make them useless. Like...I see your sig but do you honestly even play this game?
    klowdy1 wrote: »
    Such an ungrateful lot. Not only are you looking a gifthorse in the mouth, you are spitting in its face. Why would ZOS ever do anything for any of us again, thanks to this behavior?

Because we pay them money?

You seem to be under the impression that when ZoS throws us a bone, it's out of the goodness of their hearts. That's not the case. That's never been the case.
    Edited by Taysa on February 13, 2018 11:14PM
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »

Hoarding in real life is a mental health problem. It's not fanboy trash, it's you not making proper use of what's at your disposal. What is inadequate is your ability to let go of things you will NEVER use.

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that ZoS is nerf happy, and today's BiS gear can easily become tomorrow's PoS gear. Personally, I like having a collection of sets at my disposal without needing to re-run content 500 times to get the same thing that I sold, deconstructed, or simply didn't pick up because... heh... "it didn't fit my current build". There are plenty of sets that people "never use" that suddenly are what everyone wants to run due to poor design changes ZoS makes.

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they held more, and I wished the different types (Sturdy, Oaken, etc. ) had different appearances instead of looking the same, but I'm not hugely disappointed with how they rolled out home storage.

Except for that whole deleting players' stuff thing...
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But now you no longer need those "mule" characters and have 2 extra character slots available to play.

I finally have a place to store all my housing items and can free up space my bank...