The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is 30K dps enough for endgame trial raids?

• Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    30k is plenty, unless you are the person the does 30k but always seems to be dead in the trial. Glass cannon doesn't
    cut it. You need around 20k health too. 19k is probably fine. 15k....no. Go get your Undaunted up. Throw on a piece of heavy armor and take the right passives. I think Alcast's builds are a good place to start, if you aren't sure how to get where you need to be. I like his builds because they aren't all sets that have to be farmed. There are a lot of crafted set ups that are easy to get.

I literally ran VDSA with his Stam DK Venom build after only having the toon for 2 weeks.

Pea
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    30k is plenty, unless you are the person the does 30k but always seems to be dead in the trial. Glass cannon doesn't
    cut it. You need around 20k health too. 19k is probably fine. 15k....no. Go get your Undaunted up. Throw on a piece of heavy armor and take the right passives. I think Alcast's builds are a good place to start, if you aren't sure how to get where you need to be. I like his builds because they aren't all sets that have to be farmed. There are a lot of crafted set ups that are easy to get.

I literally ran VDSA with his Stam DK Venom build after only having the toon for 2 weeks.

Pea

You do indeed get almost 20K health in trials even without putting points in it because Ebon adds ~1.3K and Warhorn ~1.5K. But many mechanics there do way more damage than that, if not blocked, dodged, moved from or simply not triggered by correct positioning. Otherwise they will even kill the tank. I usually wear 5/1/1 or 1/5/1 on my characters for maximum Undaunted Mettle bonuses because I value that extra resistance, health and resources, and the DPS loss due to a bit less weapon critical is inconsequential.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    me_ming wrote: »
    has eso really become this linear? have 30k dps and you're good. kinda sad. but then again, that's why I really don't pay much attention on this game already.

I would say that a very small minority of players are pulling this kind of DPS. This is something I achieved after nearly 3 years of play and with max CP. There is an awful lot that you can do without having to have this kind of DPS. But, on the other hand, if you are not trying to improve or otherwise have a goal for your characters, you'll just end up quitting the game. Completing end game, vet trials, is a worthy goal.

Pea
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I am mostly a PvP player but can only reach 30k on my stamplar not even my Msorc can hit 30k :(
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My mate recently invited me to the trials guild he co-runs.

I came straight from PvP on one of my stamblades, in all impen gear. We did vHRC and I was utter 5hi7. I don't even want to know my DPS. 30, 25, 20, 15, 10k? No idea. It was rubbish. But the thing was, I tried. I died a LOT- there's no cloaking, getting safe then re-engaging.

Like I say, Itried. Some pugs that had joined us where so elitist "You're a waste of a body!!!" was probably the mildest hate whisper I got. But my buddies were very suppportive and have explained the importance of rotations, positioning and staying alive. I'm getting lots valuable advice and suggestions. And the guild has been doing farming runs to get myself and other new guildies the correct gear.

But best of all, their is NO room for elitism in the guild. My mate, the guild leader is 55, and the co-leader is 22. The eldest is 60-something. Some of our DPS can hit 55+k DPS. They are teaching me how and being really kind - I think they realise that insulting, belittling and hating someone is completely ineffective and makes a bad situation worse.

But encouragement, advice and kindness can really help bring the best out of people.

PS: my own rotation (hehe - its rubbish and getting changed) and a change of mundus and enchants, got me 21k on the target dummy :) So things are looking up a little bit!

Elitism just turns people off. Learn to encourage and offer kindness - it could just end up saving your elitist a55 in the long run ;)
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends
    25k is minimum IMHO. There will be issues but it's enough.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    klowdy1 wrote: »
    How about 22k with less than 50% boss uptime because boss is tanking in fire, and heals can't keep up, so you're also sustaining yourself?
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Nighn_9 wrote: »
    If you don’t cheese a NB 45k the only people left running won’t even look at you.

But 20k+ is good enough.

This one regrets to inform you that 20k is not good enough for VAA HM, VHRC HM, VMOL, VHOF, VAS+1, and VAS+2.

There are normal versions of every trial and 20k dps is enough for those. Goodluck new raiders! (get the hint?)

I wouldn't call normal trials "endgame trial raids," which is what the OP is asking about.

Normal trials are endgame, they just aren't the most difficult endgame. It's called progression, and most people don't start at the hardest part of the game. He didn't say vet trials.

Actually most of us did. Normal trials are recent and to be honest: I think the should be removed. They teach no disipline or situational awareness and it is worse having to have someone who wants to raid vet (thankfully it is rare!) who has to unlearn 'normals' behaviour - and my favourite is how we get to hear about it in Discord 'that's not how wee do it in normals we just.....' Well here, you'll die.

Normal trials you can ignore mechanics and basically do 'whatever' and not die/wipe, are not progression.

Progression is learning a trial boss by boss until you have it down, and can successfully clear with markedly better times/less deaths/repeated mistakes each time AS WELL AS devising consistently better tactics for the raid as a whole. This is what progression means with regard to trials.

There are people who go always to normal trials, people who go to normal for some gear, and vet raiders. Most people who pug normals will never cross over into vet raiding.

I too would not call trials 'endgame' but they are like lvl 50+ or however many CP the lead lets you have, so I guess they kinda could be called that - but the context I think it not fitting.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends
    Well, i think 30k ranged mag is good nuf, 30k stam is not good nuf.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. 30k is more than enough.

Sure, it’s always good to strive for improvement. But if you’re constantly hitting 30k DPS parses, then all should be well (assuming you aren’t always needing to be resurrected, and properly follow mechanics). Always remember that a “good” damage-dealer, is a damage-dealer that carries their own weight in all aspects and regards.
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Tinus_92 wrote: »

When vmol came out 30k was something only top-level players could get. Vmol hasn't become more difficult since its release, and the dps-increases made the trial more accessible to other players as well.

30k is still more as viable to complete the trial with, as long mechanics are being done right and you aren't aiming at the highest scores. My old guilds' vhof runs also didn't had +30k dps at the time due to mechanics, so even there 30k, if you can do it, is more then enough. 30K also will be more then enough to clear craglorn HMs with, as long people understand the mechanics and work as a team properly, which is much more important as the raw numbers. 30k consistently also is enough to skip the vmol (non-HM) lunar cycle.

Craglorn non hm's, 20k is enough when following mechanics. For normals I would go as far that +10k is even fine, as there are usually enough players around who perform a lot more dps anyways.

In my original post I said, 30k dps is super low for serious scores. Which is true. You can clear vMoL with low dps but you're going to end up with a weak score. Which is fine for some people, but if you want a decent score, 30k boss dps on any vMoL fight is just awful nowadays. You won't get a 160k+ score with anyone pulling that little.
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • Tinus_92
    Tinus_92
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Tinus_92 wrote: »

When vmol came out 30k was something only top-level players could get. Vmol hasn't become more difficult since its release, and the dps-increases made the trial more accessible to other players as well.

30k is still more as viable to complete the trial with, as long mechanics are being done right and you aren't aiming at the highest scores. My old guilds' vhof runs also didn't had +30k dps at the time due to mechanics, so even there 30k, if you can do it, is more then enough. 30K also will be more then enough to clear craglorn HMs with, as long people understand the mechanics and work as a team properly, which is much more important as the raw numbers. 30k consistently also is enough to skip the vmol (non-HM) lunar cycle.

Craglorn non hm's, 20k is enough when following mechanics. For normals I would go as far that +10k is even fine, as there are usually enough players around who perform a lot more dps anyways.

In my original post I said, 30k dps is super low for serious scores. Which is true. You can clear vMoL with low dps but you're going to end up with a weak score. Which is fine for some people, but if you want a decent score, 30k boss dps on any vMoL fight is just awful nowadays. You won't get a 160k+ score with anyone pulling that little.

Fully agreed, no discussion on that. However just completing anbd practising vmol however is still considered endgame raiding towards most players, and probably towards the OP as well, even while it's not the highest achieve-able. It's still a minority of players who can pull off such content, and the amount of players who can pull +160k is probably still below <0,1.% of the overall community. Endgame doesn't have to be competetive endgame. With that said, regarding to the original poll, 30k is sufficient for (non-competetive) endgame trials. If mechanics are also performed correctly, obviously, you'll get through vmol and even vhof without too much difficulty doing such numbers consistently.
    Edited by Tinus_92 on February 27, 2018 9:26AM
    Ingame ID: @Suni_92
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes indeed it is. All but one of my trial guilds requires 35k+ on any DD toon you want to bring in any trial. But I was in a very successful guild that only required 30k with a flame wall for hard mode content.

Raid awareness > target dummy numbers tbh, although there is a sweet spot somewhere in the middle there where you can clear trials with a speed run and no deaths.
    PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
    PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
    Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM
  • Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends
    30k is fine but with the current shape the game is in every class has the ability to hit 40k+. Just takes time, patience, and lot of practice. Hope this helped. Good luck
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dummy. Yes.

Bosses. No.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    First of all, it all depends from which trial.

If you can sustain 30k dps in a vAS+2 you are awesome top quality player.

Tho if you hit only 30k dps in The Mage fight vAA hardmode you really should work your dps out.

Concerning Skeleton parses, I think 40k dps with a trial setup shows that you at least know your rotation, but it's the trial bosses parses that will tell if you can play the game or not.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • vinnyml
    vinnyml
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really new to this game. How is this figure measured? Like if you had to explain to your mom what "30k DPS" meant, what would you say? Are they taking all the damage done in a minute and dividing it by 60? Thanks.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends
    If 30k is your goal, I would try to get it with either having a self heal in case things go sideways (and helps your healers a bit) and/or do it without being a glass cannon. Dead dps = 0 dps and I would even take someone who parses 25-30k and doesnt die over someone who parses 35-40k and takes naps consistantly when an add looks at them.
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends
    Depends on trial. Craglorns, non HM? Absolutely. DLC trials like HoF and Mol? Probably not.
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends
    Really depends. Is that 30k dps on a dummy? If so, you are probably going to pull far far less in an actual raid.

If you can't execute your rotation without mistakes on a dummy that doesn't do anything, then you're going to suffer hard DPS loss on bosses with actual mechanics.

I know of people who can pull 38k on dummy and hit rock bottom 12-15k dps in raids because they can't handle the mechanics.
    Edited by Dymence on February 27, 2018 3:22PM
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    vinnyml wrote: »
    I'm really new to this game. How is this figure measured? Like if you had to explain to your mom what "30k DPS" meant, what would you say? Are they taking all the damage done in a minute and dividing it by 60? Thanks.
    @vinnyml
    There are several add-ons in PC that tells your dps, your group as whole, your group individually etc.

I don't really know how console peasants figure that out.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    If its enough to clear the content, yes. People need to stop being elitists and include people who are capable of clearing instead of insisting on 2 minute run or bust.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Thanx for calling me a pheasant you *ss hat
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Thanx for calling me a pheasant you *ss hat

pheasant-1448366_960_720.jpg

This is what I immediately thought of.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Player 1: 25k dps, does not die
    Player 2: 35k dps, keeps dieing at least once or twice every run

What player would you take?

The second so I can get higher group deeps % and impress all the ladies
    Edited by adeptusminor on February 28, 2018 12:29AM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes

The second so I can get big deeps % and impress all the ladies

Player A who does 25k DPS over 20 minutes = 30,000,000 DPS total

Player B who does 35k DPS over 18 minutes (due to a death or two and the loss of DPS from the rezzer) = 37,800,000 DPS total

Edited by DoctorESO on February 28, 2018 1:45AM
  • Tinus_92
    Tinus_92
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

The second so I can get big deeps % and impress all the ladies

Player A who does 25k DPS over 20 minutes = 30,000,000 DPS total

Player B who does 35k DPS over 18 minutes (due to a death or two and the loss of DPS from the rezzer) = 37,800,000 DPS total

The average trial boss doesn't last longer then 5-6 minutes, especially with these numbers on average, so that already brings the numbers much closer towards each other, making it a minor difference.

Player A who does 25k over 5 minutes = 7,500,000 DPS
    Player B who does 35k over 4 minutes = 8,400,000 DPS

That's a difference of only 900,000 DPS, which would make the fight like 10-20% longer in time? While the DPS amounts are huge, the fighttime doesn't. If you're going for score runs, you still want to prefer the player with 25k, as deaths have much more influence on your final score of the trial run then faster fights.

While I agree 25k is a bit low for veteran DLC trials though, I also don't get the 35k requirements as 30k is more then enough to clear any content. Unless you're going for top #1 scores (or anywhere close), which most trial guilds don't pull off anyways, 30k is just fine. Again, considering you know the actual mechanics and perform well during the trial run too.
    Edited by Tinus_92 on March 5, 2018 9:34AM
    Ingame ID: @Suni_92
  • Aria_GuildDestroyer
    Depends
    It depends on who else you run with. If everyone else in the group is pulling 40k on the dummy, you could probably clear vMoL and vHoF being dead 90% of the time. But that being said, if it's an issue about guild requirements - it's not really fair for them to carry other players (unless you're paying them, handsomely). So, if everyone in group was pulling 20k, you'd probably complete vAA...but none of the other vet trials. Standard for Crags should be around 30k. Standard for DLCs is 35k. But, your 20k is great for normal trials!!
    Wabba-Jacked GM ~ completes end-game trial content.
    PC - NA
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes it is :) And with a properly buffed group you will hit a lot higher than that, as will the other DDs anyway.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends
    Where is that 30k done? Keep in mind with raidbuffs you will hit higher, but im sure you can clear trials with a guild and still not bottom dps with it. If you feel like you want to improve further, look up some guides, I personally recommend @Alcast 's guides, gives you a great idea what you can expect, etc.
    Edited by Love Wizard on March 10, 2018 2:00AM
    @IWM - EU - Member of Hodor
    Mashinate - Highelf Nightblade (Inactive)
    Love Wizard - Dunmer Dragonknight (Inactive)
    Godblade - Highelf Nightblade (Active)
    Mashixo - Dunmer Sorcerer (Inactive)
    Hjelmi's Sister - Dunmer Nightblade (Inactive)
    Mashiex - Orc Nightblade (Active)
    Beaminate - Dunmer Templar (Inactive)
    Kittynate - Khajiit Nightblade (Inactive)
    Godmancer - Orc Necromancer (Active)

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Maw of Lorkhaj Clear (Hodor! & Hodor!)
    Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
    World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (Hodor!)
    Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)
    Worlds First Blackrose Prison clear
    Worlds First "The Unchained" title (vBP speedrun, nodeath, no sigils)
    World Record for all the Trials (Murkmire)
    Worlds First Godslayer
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    My dps is fine. Mid 30s. But if you had requirements for 30k dps for magic and 40k for stam ( because that is the equivalent now with all the magic nerf's ) wouldn't you be able to clear any content ( even hard modes)