The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is 30K dps enough for endgame trial raids?

• essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Individual DPS only matters if everyone is doing low DPS, also you'll probably do more DPS in a Trial group then you do Solo anyways.

NB! The real poll answer is Depends, I just picked Yes because I'm tired and starting to become belligerent about the whole DPS conversation.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    essi2 wrote: »
    Individual DPS only matters if everyone is doing low DPS, also you'll probably do more DPS in a Trial group then you do Solo anyways.

NB! The real poll answer is Depends, I just picked Yes because I'm tired and starting to become belligerent about the whole DPS conversation.

So low DPS is fine if somebody is carrying you? :p
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Anyone recall what the highest single target parse was in the worlds first vMOL clear? (you will find that answer somewhere on the very forums), find out that number and take of a conservative 15% (raid buffs, which would have been considerably higher than 15% I guess)... Remember this was when dps was nowhere near as high as it is now.. Then you will have your answer.

People are infatuated about "mega" dps and forget that dps was not always as high as it is now, sure times have changed since that first worlds clear and we have ridiculous things like 91m health on a boss which has to be burned down by high dps due to mechanics.. but even that trial (vAS) can be completed by 25k-30k players providing you don't go hardmode or +1..
    Edited by supaskrub on February 12, 2018 9:16AM
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes you can end game raid with 30k
    Dps requirements are for those in a group who push buffs and debuffs to make their high dps possible.

Different scenarios
    #MOREORBS
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    If you don’t cheese a NB 45k the only people left running won’t even look at you.

But 20k+ is good enough.

This one regrets to inform you that 20k is not good enough for VAA HM, VHRC HM, VMOL, VHOF, VAS+1, and VAS+2.

dps.jpg

Not everyone is as toxic as you.

A couple people running self buffed 20k+ can easily be brought along, as long as they can learn to not die to the mechanics!

Well, if we're talking about carrying someone, then 0 dps is also good enough. 30k is okay, but 20k is not, unless you want to be carried.

If I were to bring my 20k DPS along in a vet trial, I would not only be warning my group ahead of time, but I would also be making it my job to handle as much of the rezzing as I can so the stronger DPS don't have to stop. Being 35k+ dps is not the only way to dps.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a trap! xD
    Edited by Mureel on February 12, 2018 9:28AM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mt
    Edited by Mureel on February 12, 2018 9:28AM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    supaskrub wrote: »
    Anyone recall what the highest single target parse was in the worlds first vMOL clear? (you will find that answer somewhere on the very forums), find out that number and take of a conservative 15% (raid buffs, which would have been considerably higher than 15% I guess)... Remember this was when dps was nowhere near as high as it is now.. Then you will have your answer.

People are infatuated about "mega" dps and forget that dps was not always as high as it is now, sure times have changed since that first worlds clear and we have ridiculous things like 91m health on a boss which has to be burned down by high dps due to mechanics.. but even that trial (vAS) can be completed by 25k-30k players providing you don't go hardmode or +1..

I was just going to say same - thanks for saving me the trouble!
    Edited by Mureel on February 12, 2018 9:31AM
  • GiuEliN0
    GiuEliN0
    ✭✭✭
    Depends
    Really depends from the context,
    The legacy trials vSOHM, vAA, vHRC Yes.
    the others, nope.
    Beta-tester January 2014
    PC EU
    Most Important Character:
    Elsewin, DC, Bosmer Stamblade PVE cp 1100+ Flawless Conqueror
    https://signatur.eso-database.com/12343192/signatur.jpg
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Yes
    Player 1: 25k dps, does not die
    Player 2: 35k dps, keeps dieing at least once or twice every run

What player would you take?
    Edited by Alcast on February 12, 2018 9:49AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes 30k is enough for vet trials. The real question is can you also achieve similar numbers in a real trial situation? Do you die to mechanics? Do you kill other players due to ignoring mechanics? Can you dps while doing mechanics?...

30k dps is on the lower end of the dps spectrum. I would not advised to go in a group with all dds that have only ~30k since it will make the trial longer and a lot harder.

Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 3:22AM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 3:22AM
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I refuse to play anything but stamblade try 30k with that
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 3:31AM
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about 22k with less than 50% boss uptime because boss is tanking in fire, and heals can't keep up, so you're also sustaining yourself?
    Nighn_9 wrote: »
    If you don’t cheese a NB 45k the only people left running won’t even look at you.

But 20k+ is good enough.

This one regrets to inform you that 20k is not good enough for VAA HM, VHRC HM, VMOL, VHOF, VAS+1, and VAS+2.

There are normal versions of every trial and 20k dps is enough for those. Goodluck new raiders! (get the hint?)

I wouldn't call normal trials "endgame trial raids," which is what the OP is asking about.

Normal trials are endgame, they just aren't the most difficult endgame. It's called progression, and most people don't start at the hardest part of the game. He didn't say vet trials.
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭

30k is low for a stamblade, hmm? :D

Still don't have an accurate reading on my dps

My gear is
    1 veli 1 kena 5 vo 5 tfs all gold divines, daggers, bow sharpend, tho i'll transmute 1 dagger to nirnhoned, a weapon damage and poison enchantment on daggers, stam enchantments on armour,
    With jewelry robust, 1 reduce feat cost, 1 increase stam recovery.

I use the lover mundus, cam throne drink buff,weapon damage pots with poison on bow

Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on February 12, 2018 11:51AM
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

30k is low for a stamblade, hmm? :D

In my raid progress guild 30k solo for a stamblade is the minimum to run vet trials with us. Depending on your class its between 27-32k solo that is required to join the progress teams. We dont mind if you have lower dps but you probably wont make it in the progress teams.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Talek
    Talek
    ✭✭✭
    Depends
    Like i said for many new players in training trials, you may do 20k dps or you may do 30k dps but if you are dead you are doing 0 dps, the most important is to learn mechanics and not die. Your group might do ~20-25k dps average and finish vet trial if everyone know what to do. Especially Craglorn trials, 20k is more than enough, for the new ones probably 25k+.
    Edited by Talek on February 12, 2018 11:52AM
  • Tinus_92
    Tinus_92
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    if it was a casual group just seeking to clear vet trials then yes

but for serious scores in end game raiding, 30k dps is super low. So no.
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Not if you want to run vMoL.
    FakeFox wrote: »
    You can for sure beat some trials with it, but it's not gonna get you far.

When vmol came out 30k was something only top-level players could get. Vmol hasn't become more difficult since its release, and the dps-increases made the trial more accessible to other players as well.

30k is still more as viable to complete the trial with, as long mechanics are being done right and you aren't aiming at the highest scores. My old guilds' vhof runs also didn't had +30k dps at the time due to mechanics, so even there 30k, if you can do it, is more then enough. 30K also will be more then enough to clear craglorn HMs with, as long people understand the mechanics and work as a team properly, which is much more important as the raw numbers. 30k consistently also is enough to skip the vmol (non-HM) lunar cycle.

Craglorn non hm's, 20k is enough when following mechanics. For normals I would go as far that +10k is even fine, as there are usually enough players around who perform a lot more dps anyways.
    Edited by Tinus_92 on February 12, 2018 12:14PM
    Ingame ID: @Suni_92
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends

But 20k+ is good enough.

dps.jpg

Not everyone is as toxic as you.

A couple people running self buffed 20k+ can easily be brought along, as long as they can learn to not die to the mechanics!

Yes a couple of 40+ can carry some 20k trash bag through all the content except maybe vMOL HM. but this doesnt mean that 20k is enough
    Rawr
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    has eso really become this linear? have 30k dps and you're good. kinda sad. but then again, that's why I really don't pay much attention on this game already.
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
  • Bryong9ub17_ESO
    Bryong9ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anything over 20k is fine in my opinion. As a dps you should be ok with all game content.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Although 30K on dummy is meaningless unless you have learned the trial mechanics well enough to manage that on actual bosses and not die to them. Training rotation on dummy is like learning to drive, when you hit the pedals, the gear changers and turn the wheel without thinking about it, when meeting challenges on the road.

I played with a vAA PuG yesterday and group DPS was about ~200K, with me pulling ~30K on my magicka Sorcerer with simple rotation and self-buffs (Power Surge) since I don't waste expensive spell power potions for farm runs. But that wasn't the biggest problem. People were all over the place in most boss fights, and at the last boss I had to run around and pop all the mines since nobody else was doing it. Knowledge of mechanics is more important that pulling very high DPS, but if you don't even pull 25K you should stay away from veteran trials since a 1h20m vAA runs is not fun by any standards.
    Edited by Asardes on February 12, 2018 12:48PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends
    It depends on the vTrial and the rest of the group. But the simple answer would be no, since you have to bring your best DPS, and not rely on others to carry you throuh the Trial.

For the Craglorn Trials its fine to have 30k DPS. For the other Trials 30k is to Low IMO.

vMoL the twinbosses will overwhelm you if the DPS isnt high enough, Rakkhat will do more than 1 circle thus adding the beamingphase is a big Problem for Low DPS groups.

in vHoF you need the DPS aswell, or you can play all the Mechanics with prob a high casualty rate, thus making it harder than it needs to be.

vAS (no HM) DPS doesnt really matter, however in vAS+1 or vAS HM, DPS is very important, else the Minibosses will enrage and wipe the Group.

Edited by SaintSubwayy on February 12, 2018 12:45PM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• MrCray78
    MrCray78
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    @Alcast Personally I prefer survival to the dps as long as the difference is not too big.If the person hits the 15k dps and does not die it's like even pretty annoying because yes she does not die but by her lack of some mechanical OS damage can occur.
    On the other hand, a person who hits at 80k dps but who dies all the time serves even less than the other.
    I think it takes a balance between the two a player who hits pretty well (50k) and who never dies.
    PC EU PvE CP1500(Play from Beta 12/02/2014) : @MrCray78

Silver Diamand-Rouge(Main) : Stamblade 114K Dummy
    Silver The Liberator : StamArcanist for HUGE DPSSSSSSS 121K Dummy
    6 Other Class Character but didnt used them.
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, it's enough. If your DPS is 30k solo, it will be higher with the group buffs anyways. Besides, those super vocal players that demand you use specific sets and pull 40k+ DPS solo (because otherwise you're useless and a detriment to the group! /s) are a minority that grows smaller each day.

If you know the mechanics, can pull your weight around and don't die you're infinitely more valuable than some glass cannon über 100k DPS that dies to a mudcrab falling on him.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Alcast wrote: »
    Player 1: 25k dps, does not die
    Player 2: 35k dps, keeps dieing at least once or twice every run

What player would you take?

Totally agree with this. For example me, progressing vMoL with my guild - I just recently completed my 3rd run as melee DD. Some players are more experienced, know the fight perfectly, block, move disengage exactly when they need to, and manage to pull 45K+ in that fight. I'm simply content of pulling 35K, but not dying, not being blown back by the wings flap, not bombing the group with the blue balls, not dying to meteors, and resurrecting people who do die to those mechanics - which they do a lot since it's learning run - instead of wiping to lack of DPS since people stay dead.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    me_ming wrote: »
    has eso really become this linear? have 30k dps and you're good. kinda sad. but then again, that's why I really don't pay much attention on this game already.

It's always been like that. Every MMO is like that.

If you want more dynamic gameplay, play DLC dungeons. They have a lot more going on than just "stack and burn" since it's only 4 players.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    me_ming wrote: »

It's always been like that. Every MMO is like that.

If you want more dynamic gameplay, play DLC dungeons. They have a lot more going on than just "stack and burn" since it's only 4 players.

Some of those are harder than Craglorn trials. I still haven't managed to complete vBF HM on my tank w/o healer assistance, though I'm working on a solution for that :)

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters: